PDA

View Full Version : Falcons DT Babineaux arrested

georgiafan
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
C'mon really you get caught selling drugs on the first year of your new 25 million doller deal.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/despite-arrest-babineaux-likely-238170.html

21ST
12-11-2009, 11:59 AM
lol sellin weed, really?

yourfavestoner
12-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I doubt a person with the amount of money he has was selling. He just got caught with a lot. In most states, possession of anything more than an ounce gets an automatic "intent to distribute" charge.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Damn. He's been a force this year.

Rosebud
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey babs, you wanna save some money and split a lawyer? I had the same thing happen to me the other week.

I doubt a person with the amount of money he has was selling. He just got caught with a lot. In most states, possession of anything more than an ounce gets an automatic "intent to distribute" charge.

Or he could've just been hooking up a friend even if they did actually catch him in the act. Giving another person weed regardless of whether you actually sold it or just gave it away can get you intent to distribute, atleast in this state.

yourfavestoner
12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Hey babs, you wanna save some money and split a lawyer? I had the same thing happen to me the other week.

Or he could've just been hooking up a friend even if they did actually catch him in the act. Giving another person weed regardless of whether you actually sold it or just gave it away can get you intent to distribute, atleast in this state.

I read the article and it said he got stopped for a traffic violation and there were three bags containing about 40 grams of trees. I'm sure the intent to distribute charge will get dropped, and the felony drug possession charge will get dropped to a misdemeanor.

terribletowel39
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
No doubt this is what happened. He was just re-stocking his own personal supply and got caught. No way he is making 5 million a year and still selling it. No point then.

Rosebud
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
I read the article and it said he got stopped for a traffic violation and there were three bags containing about 40 grams of trees. I'm sure the intent to distribute charge will get dropped, and the felony drug possession charge will get dropped to a misdemeanor.

yep, shouldn't be more than a slap on the wrist in that case. That's so bogus though, that over an O automatically gets you an intent to deliver charge, it's the same way up here and that's just lame. If you smoke and you have nug just for personal consumption and make good money wtf would you waste your money buying less than an O?

CC.SD
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
40 grams, it's not inconceivable that an NFL player would have that much around at all. I wonder what ATL laws are like.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 01:43 PM
40 grams is nothing. I feel like I should start the free Jon Babineaux movement. I mean really, he was just picking up his monthly supply I'm sure. Fat ***** need pain relief!

no bare feet
12-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Is he still in high school? Selling weed, really?

terribletowel39
12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Is he still in high school? Selling weed, really?
If you are still getting your green from HS kids, you could probably use an upgrade or two in the quality of the vegetable matter.

HawkeyeFan
12-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Damn't Babineux! Kirk Ferentz taught you better!

tjsunstein
12-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Another athlete making awesome choices post contract.

CC.SD
12-11-2009, 08:50 PM
40 grams is actually low considering he just got a 25 mill contract.

Halsey
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Why does it seem like the things always go really bad for the Falcons when they go bad...

Franchise QB injured, Pro Bowl RB injured, 1st and 2nd rounds picks lost for the year, Vick scores 2 TD's on them in a blowout in the Dome, Babineaux, etc.

What's next?

Shiver
12-11-2009, 11:35 PM
When it rains, it pours. That is the mantra that best describes what it is like to be a Falcons fan.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Free Babs!

"Unfortunately, since it is a legal matter, I will not be able to comment further at this time, but my family and I have faith that you will see, I'm not guilty of these charges. I also want to thank my family, friends, the Atlanta Falcons, my teammates and the fans for their continued support,” Babineaux said in a press release issued Friday night.

Shahin
12-12-2009, 03:01 PM
anyone who thinks Babineaux is selling weed is ******* ********.

LizardState
12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Why does it seem like the things always go really bad for the Falcons when they go bad...

Franchise QB injured, Pro Bowl RB injured, 1st and 2nd rounds picks lost for the year, Vick scores 2 TD's on them in a blowout in the Dome, Babineaux, etc.

I officially retract my prediction for Atlanta in the next SB, they looked so great last Summer.