PDA

View Full Version : Week 14-Bear Week!

drowe
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Looks like most of the d-line will play. 2 days ago, they all looked questionable. Ryan Pickett is now the only one with a serious chance of not playing.

In other news, we seem to have some trash talk going on:

BJ Raji vs Olin Kruetz

Adewale Ogunleye vs Mark Tauscher

BJ Raji is gonna have a big chance to show his stuff this week. With Pickett possibly out and the fact that he needs to back up his trash talk, this could be the game that makes or breaks his rookie year.

As far as the game, I think the Packers have the Bears outclassed in every area. Just a matter of showing up, not playing flat and avoiding stupid mistakes.

Whistler6
12-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah it's one of those "trap" games if you will. Green Bay is better than the Bears in almost every phase, besides special teams ugh, but who knows what can happen.

It's in Soldier Field which is to their advantage, but if the Packers wanna show they are a playoff contender this is a game they *need* to win.

Weather shouldn't be an issue either, so that's good news.

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
i just hope we lose by less than double digits

cvv84
12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
This is another must win game. Not because they NEED to win but because they should win. The Steelers and Cardinals games still concern me so getting victories against the Bears and Seahawks would pretty much guarantee a playoff bearth. A win against the Steelers or Cardinals would be a bonus.

I must say though, I've been very impressed with the rebound from the Bucs loss. The playcalling has been better, the run game has been better, and the defense is playing lights out. This is the team we saw emerging from the preseason and how we all knew they could play. Hats off to McCarthy and Co.

Boston
12-11-2009, 10:53 PM
BJ Raji > Olin Kreutz

The only thing he really said was that he was stronger than Kreutz, and well, he is...

umphrey
12-12-2009, 05:33 PM
The media is playing up those exchanges to get a story. I wouldn't call that trash talk he was just talking about his opponents strengths and weaknesses. Said he was fast and a good technician but not as strong, how is that inaccurate or insulting?

cvv84
12-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Ryan Grant!!!!

jackalope
12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Well that was cool.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Well that was cool.

Nice to see him hitting his stride the 2nd half of the season. Guy is a finisher, just wish we had this run game to start the season.

princefielder28
12-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice to see him hitting his stride the 2nd half of the season. Guy is a finisher, just wish we had this run game to start the season.

we finally got some stability along the OL and that's helped everyone. The first half of the year it was tough to expect anything with all the question marks.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
we finally got some stability along the OL and that's helped everyone. The first half of the year it was tough to expect anything with all the question marks.

Meh, I think its more the playcalling than anything. We're getting the ball out quicker which is keeping defenses on their toes. Grant is also running with a little more authority as he's approaching contract escalators.

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I think it's safe to say Nick Barnett is officially fully recovered from that knee injury. Un-sheath that sword big man.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Here comes the Bears. Those 3 FGs really hurt us.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
**** you Jarrett Bush. Get the **** off the field and the **** off this team...

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Thata boy Matthews!! 8th sack of the year as he takes the lead for rookies in sacks.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:21 PM
...and just like that its a game again. Trammon has really fallen off from a year ago.

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 01:23 PM
**** you Jarrett Bush. Get the **** off the field and the **** off this team...

...Word. I wouldn't dislike him so much if I could see any sort of growth from Jarret Bush, but there's none.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:25 PM
A sack on a 3 man rush? Wow, come on Packers. We should be way ahead and dominating this Bears team.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Sloppy 1st have. We need to start getting TDs instead of FGs and someone opposite of Woodson needs to step up. The passing game also needs to get on track ASAP.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
This is unreal.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:51 PM
How many times do the Bears have to run that same play in order for the Packers to adjust to it??

princefielder28
12-13-2009, 01:53 PM
I think they want to lose

cvv84
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
About time we throw it. The Bears secondary is awful, take some shots.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Get Jarrett Bush the **** off the field already....

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:16 PM
McCarthy looks lost out there on his playcalling. After the 1st quarter nothing has worked for him. The Bears want it more and are playing like it.

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Take a deep breath guys. There's a full quarter to go, and they are playing a competitive Bears team in Chicago. It's going to be a tough game.

cvv84
Take a deep breath guys. There's a full quarter to go, and they are playing a competitive Bears team in Chicago. It's going to be a tough game.

Guys or me? lol

Thank you Nick Collins!!

Whistler6

And there you have it. Pressure, Collins INT.

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I just flipped over to the Viking game, up 23-7. But man Cedric Benson just showed some kind of crazy burst on about a 40 yard run I have never seen from him as a Bear.

Hopefully the Bengals can make it a game.

Let's go D, time to legitamize that #1 ranking! Please Bush don't let Mr. Practice-Squad journeyman abuse you any longer.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
We need a big sack here. I'll take Clay Matthews for 9.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:29 PM
We need a big sack here. I'll take Clay Matthews for 9.

I mean Johnny Jolly and a fasemask for a 1st and 10...

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Guys or me? lol

Thank you Nick Collins!!

No worries. I invested so much emotion into the 13-3 season and Brett Favre's last as a Packer, that when they lost in OT to the Giants I nearly went crazy. Punching a hole in my bedroom door, yelling at the TV, screaming obscenities...Like when I was 7 and chucking my Super Nintendo controllers.

It happens. Now I force myself to breathe after a loss, otherwise my week is shot.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:35 PM
No worries. I invested so much emotion into the 13-3 season and Brett Favre's last as a Packer, that when they lost in OT to the Giants I nearly went crazy. Punching a hole in my bedroom door, yelling at the TV, screaming obscenities...Like when I was 7 and chucking my Super Nintendo controllers.

It happens. Now I force myself to breathe after a loss, otherwise my week is shot.

I tried to say 'whatever happens happens' after the loss to the Bucs but these past 4 weeks have shown what level this team is capable of playing at. I view this game and the Seahawks game as game we should win which would put us at 10 wins and pretty much guarantee a playoff bearth. Nice to get the wins early so the pressure is off. 1 more score and this game is on ice.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Nice playcall and execution there! Best throw Rodgers made all game. J-mike coming through again.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:40 PM
And the redzone offense stalls again. Man a TD woulda been huge. I hate putting the game in Mason "cross your fingers" Crosby.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:41 PM
And there you have it, the Packers will have a new kicker in 2010.

princefielder28
12-13-2009, 02:42 PM

that's his 8th miss of the year, unacceptable

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Crosby deserves to be cut. He might be the main reason Green Bay won't contend in the playoffs.

I'd rather punt 15 yards than attempt a 40 yarder. Very tough to watch. Man oh man, and I really like Crosby. It's gotta be a confidence issue.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Clay Matthews is just dominating Chris Williams. Thats at least the 2nd penalty he drew in addition to his sack.

jackalope
12-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure Crosby just misses wide to whichever hash-mark he's lined up on. I don't understand it.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Lets go Packers. Move the chains and lets end this.

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 02:54 PM
So yeah...ho hum...Brandon Marshall has 20 catches for 200 yards today. No biggie. Oh and Andrea Johnson only has 193 yards on 11 catches along with 2 tds. Just another day at the office.

Man, there is some good football being played today. Unfortuneately Jarret Bush and Chris Williams are not apart of that statement.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Jarrett Bush with a false start? Who woulda knew?

Also why run Ahman Green on 3rd and 1? Grant is bigger and runs harder. I don't get that decision.

So yeah...ho hum...Brandon Marshall has 20 catches for 200 yards today. No biggie. Oh and Andrea Johnson only has 193 yards on 11 catches along with 2 tds. Just another day at the office.

Marshall and Welker have pretty much sank my fantasy playoff advancement chances.

cvv84
12-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Tammon with a sack. 4th down, and the Bears false start. Woodson almost gets another INT. GAME OVER!!

Whew, way to close for me. Great game though and hats off to the Bears for playing hard for 4 quarters. Gotta respect that. Nice to have a winning season again.

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 03:05 PM
I compare that game to a win Green Bay got at Arrowhead against the Chiefs a couple years back. Definitely not a pretty win, but on the road in a hostel environment and against a team playing with nothing to lose, they pulled the game out.

A win is a win, and I gotta chalk that up to defense saying enough is enough in the 4th quarter. Woodson = DPOY.

Boston
12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
And that game is tangible proof that we need to sign as many of our defensive lineman back as possible.

regoob2
12-13-2009, 04:08 PM

Man, there is some good football being played today. Unfortuneately Jarret Bush and Chris Williams are not apart of that statement.

Chris Williams is terrible. Another 1st round bust. GBs OL and DL are just flat out better. You guys have some ballhawks for DBs. Our pass catchers just can't make a play on the ball. Good game.

TitleTown088
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Man with Chicago's young talent looking unimpressive and their lack of draft picks coming in they could really be in a tough spot for some time if the younger guys or new coaches don't pick it up.

regoob2
12-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Man with Chicago's young talent looking unimpressive and their lack of draft picks coming in they could really be in a tough spot for some time if the younger guys or new coaches don't pick it up.

Who ever our OC is next season he's gonna be a huge upgrade.

Whistler6
12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Hate to say it, but Al Harris's season ending injury might cost Green Bay's chance in the playoffs. I said Mason Crosby earlier, but today, along with last week, was tough to watch.

Tramon Williams and Jarrett Bush were continually abused by basically average WR's. Woodson and Nick Collins are lights out and the front 7 are incredibly stout. Still, Brees/Favre/Mcnabb/Warner could possibly scorch the DB's with the depth and talent they have at WR.

Gay Ork Wang
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM
I compare that game to a win Green Bay got at Arrowhead against the Chiefs a couple years back. Definitely not a pretty win, but on the road in a hostel environment and against a team playing with nothing to lose, they pulled the game out.

A win is a win, and I gotta chalk that up to defense saying enough is enough in the 4th quarter. Woodson = DPOY.
we had nothing to lose? Lovie Smith sure didnt play like that

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I actually am not worried about Tramon. He did well last year stepping in for Al, I think he'll be fine

but Bush at Nickel is a nightmare waiting to happen. Get that guy off the field he can't do anything positive

Mr.Regular
12-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Teams like Arizona, Philly, Minnesota, and New Orleans could pick us apart spreading the field and forcing us to use our extremely thin secondary. I'm all for picking up someone off the street, like Chris McAllister, like what the Saints did, to give us at the very least another option at nickel.

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Was just gonna mention that. Please bring McAllister in, he will be an improvement over Bush. Mostly anyone would

brat316
12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Even Ahmad Carrol?

brat316
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Chris Williams is terrible. Another 1st round bust. GBs OL and DL are just flat out better. You guys have some ballhawks for DBs. Our pass catchers just can't make a play on the ball. Good game.

Dam Chris Williams sucks? I had high hopes for him, I thought he would have been a perfect pick for any team.

Hawk
12-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Even Ahmad Carrol?

Don't say that name in this forum again.

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 11:33 AM
LOL exactly. Jarret at least isn't always grabbing WR's

Gay Ork Wang
12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Dam Chris Williams sucks? I had high hopes for him, I thought he would have been a perfect pick for any team.
i dont think he sucks. he did well, looked bad on a couple of plays but its not like they had constant pressure and he got beaten constantly.

Also it was only his 2nd game at LT starting.

umphrey
12-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Nickel CB is always a problem for us...
I'd like to get a look at Underwood. He's probably not the savior but at least I wouldn't have to watch Jarrett Bush. I still have hopes for Pat Lee. His only problem has been staying on the field and I don't think he had injuries that should have permanent affects. He has to play to help us though.

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Underwood left yesterday's game with a hip injury or something. Pat Lee has harrell syndrome where he seemingly can never stay healthy

I'm not sure WHAT they can do at Nickel, but as Mr.Regular said, I'd like to see them bring McAllister in

Whistler6
12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
we had nothing to lose? Lovie Smith sure didnt play like that

Say what you want, but your play off hopes were dead. I don't mean nothing to lose as in go for every 4th down, etc. And I was comparing the "nothing to lose" to the Chiefs who were a bad team at the time...And still are.

cvv84
12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Underwood left yesterday's game with a hip injury or something. Pat Lee has harrell syndrome where he seemingly can never stay healthy

I'm not sure WHAT they can do at Nickel, but as Mr.Regular said, I'd like to see them bring McAllister in

Chris McAlister? He signed with the Saints a few weeks ago.

Edit: Nevermind I see he was released last week.

TitleTown088
12-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Hate to say it, but Al Harris's season ending injury might cost Green Bay's chance in the playoffs. I said Mason Crosby earlier, but today, along with last week, was tough to watch.

Tramon Williams and Jarrett Bush were continually abused by basically average WR's. Woodson and Nick Collins are lights out and the front 7 are incredibly stout. Still, Brees/Favre/Mcnabb/Warner could possibly scorch the DB's with the depth and talent they have at WR.

Tramon has played more than fine in replacement of AL. I'd actually say he's better suited in this defense than Harris. He may give up as few more plays than Harris, but he also makes more plays than Harris too( Int, big time sack this week for example). The thing that hurts with is not having Tramon as a nickel back.

Boston
12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
There's got to be somebody we could sign off the streets to come in and play the third corner. If we get a serviceable option there before the playoffs start I'd feel much better about our chances.

Whistler6
12-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Tramon has played more than fine in replacement of AL. I'd actually say he's better suited in this defense than Harris. He may give up as few more plays than Harris, but he also makes more plays than Harris too( Int, big time sack this week for example). The thing that hurts with is not having Tramon as a nickel back.

Did you watch the Ravens game? Bears game? Williams has the skill set without a doubt, but every play (aside from a sack and "here it is, take it" INT), both he and Bush seem to be a step behind.

I guess I just would've hoped Tramon would've shown more growth to this point.

TitleTown088
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Did you watch the Ravens game? Bears game? Williams has the skill set without a doubt, but every play (aside from a sack and "here it is, take it" INT), both he and Bush seem to be a step behind.

I guess I just would've hoped Tramon would've shown more growth to this point.
The Packers have maintained the 3rd ranked pass defense with Tramon and Bush in the lineup. There doing a adequate job.

Mr.Regular
12-14-2009, 11:55 PM
The Packers have maintained the 3rd ranked pass defense with Tramon and Bush in the lineup. There doing a adequate job.
Well we haven't played the best receivers out there since Harris went down. I have a feeling once we make the playoffs and are playing teams deep at WR like Arizona, Philly, New Orleans, and Minnesota we could get picked apart.

TitleTown088
12-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Well we haven't played the best receivers out there since Harris went down. I have a feeling once we make the playoffs and are playing teams deep at WR like Arizona, Philly, New Orleans, and Minnesota we could get picked apart.

Could be. I think the pass rush has come along better lately as well,which could help out.