PDA

View Full Version : We just got MOLLYWHOPPED

WMD
12-13-2009, 05:49 PM
That's one of the worst losses I can remember.. We just got completely dominated.

Discuss.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I was there soaking wet. I am happy it was a blowout because I could be sick in the morning :(

Prowler
12-13-2009, 06:47 PM
well atleast we lost to the ravens. i would have been pissed if it were the browns or some other terrible team. the ravens actually have talent.

Addict
12-13-2009, 06:48 PM
well like you said WMD, it was men against boys out there.

SINCE1978
12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Well any team that loses by 6 touchdowns in the NFL has a ton of work to do. Kevin Smith looked like the only Lion that got off the plane ... then he blows out his knee.

P-L
12-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Daunte Culpepper is just awful. I know the defense was worse than putrid, but the offense couldn't move the ball at all. I laugh every time I think back to all the "Don't draft Stafford, we have Culpepper" people. I know Stafford throws a lot of interceptions, but we can generally put up some points and move the ball effectively with him in there.

DoWnThEfiElD
12-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Daunte Culpepper is just awful. I know the defense was worse than putrid, but the offense couldn't move the ball at all. I laugh every time I think back to all the "Don't draft Stafford, we have Culpepper" people. I know Stafford throws a lot of interceptions, but we can generally put up some points and move the ball effectively with him in there.

HAHA that is exactly what I was saying. All those people who were excited he was back in shape and all the bull. He isn't a starter, probably not even a back up anymore.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-13-2009, 09:44 PM
I don't understand why Schwartzy didn't give Stanton a chance, it was pretty ugly......the Ravens fan in me loved it, but the Lions fan in me cried with every Ravens score after we made it 20-3. And when Kevin Smith went down I just felt awful thats a guy that could play for my team anyday. He hasn't given up on his team and was playin great and then thats how karma repays him....sucks!

Crickett
12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Daunte Culpepper is just awful. I know the defense was worse than putrid, but the offense couldn't move the ball at all. I laugh every time I think back to all the "Don't draft Stafford, we have Culpepper" people. I know Stafford throws a lot of interceptions, but we can generally put up some points and move the ball effectively with him in there.HAHA that is exactly what I was saying. All those people who were excited he was back in shape and all the bull. He isn't a starter, probably not even a back up anymore.

I still don't fully understand what happened to Daunte Culpepper. But honestly, there were people saying don't draft Stafford because of Culpepper? He was out of football. Because he was awful.

Back to my original point, I still don't know what happened to Culpepper. This is a guy who was once one of the elite QB's in the NFL. And now he's one of the worst.

vikes_28
12-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Isn't every football fan in the NFL a Lions fan at heart? Everyone wants them to win. And P-L I agree with you 209920384u0%. Culpepper is terrible.

WMD
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I still don't fully understand what happened to Daunte Culpepper. But honestly, there were people saying don't draft Stafford because of Culpepper? He was out of football. Because he was awful.
Basically. People were just too afraid to take the QB. They wanted immediate help so they said we should draft Jason Smith or Aaron Curry, and then draft Bradford, Colt, or Tebow next year.

noondog
12-13-2009, 10:34 PM
People were gun shy worrying that it might be Harrington 2.0 basically.

The only thing I really came away with from today's game was how nice it would have been to see Oher in Honalulu blue. Oh well.

WMD
12-13-2009, 11:54 PM
People were gun shy worrying that it might be Harrington 2.0 basically.

The only thing I really came away with from today's game was how nice it would have been to see Oher in Honalulu blue. Oh well.
I was thinking about how Suh would've eaten Ray Rice in one bite on their first series.

brat316
12-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Stafford is going to be Payton Manning don't worry. Payton had like 28 ints first year. Schwartzy just needs to find him a nice Qb coach and offensive coordinator and stick with them for 3-5 years, being that they don't suck. And bam you have your next payton manning in Stafford.

KCJ58
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Stafford is going to be Payton Manning don't worry. Payton had like 28 ints first year. Schwartzy just needs to find him a nice Qb coach and offensive coordinator and stick with them for 3-5 years, being that they don't suck. And bam you have your next payton manning in Stafford.

spell Peyton Manning correct it is his given name

brat316
12-14-2009, 12:15 AM
spell Peyton Manning correct it is his given name

no no i spelled it right...it pays to have Payton manning. No sir, I am not trying to cover up my mistakes.

noondog
12-14-2009, 10:16 AM
As far as Suh goes, I was (and continue to be) of the opinion that Tampa had to take that game from the Jets yesterday in order for them to have a decent shot at finishing the season ahead of the Lions in the standings. As it stands now and barring a trade where the Lions could leapfrog the Bucs at the draft, I just don't see how we'll end up with Suh. McCoy/Berry/Okung will be in our wheelhouse.

As for K. Smith, he was impressive yesterday. Improve the O-line and I think that we're fine with him. Of course, a power backj to compliment him would be great, but if we have to rely on him alone, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Iupati or Mike Williams would look really good in a Lions uni next year.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Went to the game and sat in the rain to watch that crap. So awful. Offense terrible, defense looked like last year in the running game department. So many holes on this team

dcarey20
12-14-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't understand why Schwartzy didn't give Stanton a chance, it was pretty ugly......the Ravens fan in me loved it, but the Lions fan in me cried with every Ravens score after we made it 20-3. And when Kevin Smith went down I just felt awful thats a guy that could play for my team anyday. He hasn't given up on his team and was playin great and then thats how karma repays him....sucks!

Word. I felt so bad for K Smith. Same goes for Calvin Johnson, dude is easily the best player on that team, and he was out there giving it his all for the whole game, but you could almost tell it was getting to him towards the end of the game.