PDA

View Full Version : What was raider fans reaction

J-Hype
12-14-2009, 11:45 PM
When they took a kicker in the 1st round ? Was Sebastian that good of a prospect where he would be gone in the 2nd ? I tried youtubing reactions from it but i couldnt find it.

12-15-2009, 12:01 AM
The team the year before had lost a few close games by a FG or less where a kicker with his leg would've probably made a difference and bumped us into the playoffs. Al already having drafted a punter in the first round with most of the pieces in place decided it was worth the investment to get who he really wanted. I'm sure money played a small part in that decision as well. Seabass has remained a fixture for this team the entire decade and, although he had his share of inconsistencies throughout the years, he is currently having a career year. No other team may have taken him in round one, but I can guarantee you someone would've scooped him up early into round two. He was that great of a kicking prospect.

vikes_28
12-15-2009, 12:06 AM
I remember this. I am not a Raiders fan, but at first I was like...What the ****? Who takes a kicker in round one? Then I did some research, saw that, as 619 said, the Raiders lost a few games by field goals, that this was a good pick. And at the time, they had all the right pieces. But we all know its Al ******* Davis. He will risk anything cause he's a crazy ************.

NIN1984
12-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I remember there was a rumor the Rams wanted him with the 31st pick so Al went ahead a took him in the first, I wonder if that was ever true.

locseti
12-15-2009, 08:00 PM
i was pissed, and seabass was an extremely inaccurate kicker when he was younger, especially when it counted.

Stash
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
He was pretty inconsistent early on, but the last few years he's really looked good. Still hard to justify taking him in the 1st though....