PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Steelers, Week 15 (potential clinch week)

cvv84
12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
According to the NFL, the Green Bay Packers can clinch a playoff berth this week if:

The Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday AND

•Either the Dallas Cowboys lose vs. New Orleans (Sat., 7:20 p.m.);

OR

•The New York Giants lose OR tie vs. Washington (Mon., 7:30 p.m.)
Or if the Packers tie the Steelers, they need the Giants to lose.

So if the Cowboys lose to the undefeated Saints on Saturday night, the Packers will take to Heinz Field on Sunday afternoon knowing a win gets them in.

Steelers have already ruled out:

Troy Polamalu
Chris Kemoeatu

princefielder28
12-15-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't like this game for Green Bay. I know the Steelers have been struggling, but it's at their place and they're going to be pretty well rested for this game. Although the o-line has been better I think the Steelers will be able to put enough pressure on Rodgers to cause problems. I think the deciding factor in this game will be whether or not the secondary can prevent Mike Wallace from having a big game. If they can contain him, along with Ward and Holmes, then i like the Pack's chances of leaving with a win.

terribletowel39
12-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Be prepared to see Drivers, Jennings, Jones, and Nelsonszzzz YAC get a hugemongous jump this game. Really, I hope only Jennings (fantasy).

I think yall win this. Although, the way things have played out, the ones I think we will lose, we win. The ones I think we win, we lose.

I hope Woodley, Harrison, and Timmons can get there all day.

RockJock07
12-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't like this game for Green Bay. I know the Steelers have been struggling, but it's at their place and they're going to be pretty well rested for this game. Although the o-line has been better I think the Steelers will be able to put enough pressure on Rodgers to cause problems. I think the deciding factor in this game will be whether or not the secondary can prevent Mike Wallace from having a big game. If they can contain him, along with Ward and Holmes, then i like the Pack's chances of leaving with a win.

Yeah, I'm a little wary about this game. Yes the Packers know its a big game but if they know that if they win, their in, I think they will play well and get a win. Serious playoff teams win these types of game, they need to go into pittsburgh and win because that's what they're gonna have to do in the playoffs because mostly likely they will need to go on the road in some very hostile enviroments (Min, AZ, NO).

MM has really had this team focused since the Tampa game. I say this past week was the most important game of the year. Another reeling team, on the road, missed Red Zone and FG chances and the packers find a way to win.

Tough game but I think the packers find a way to pull out this game with the Steelers mentally reeling.

drowe
12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
The Steelers are too good of a team to lose 6 straight. I have a bad feeling too. Tough road game, and they've been walking a dangerous line lately.

My one hope is that if they go up early, THEY F'ING HOLD THE LEAD!

cvv84
12-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Steelers are 4-2 at home. We're 4-2 on the road. If you look at the matchups I think this game favor's us but its going to come down to execution. If we can pressure Roethlisberger and get our passing game going I think we should win. The Steelers are tied for 2nd last in INT but 2nd in sacks. Getting anything with our run game will be a bonus.

umphrey
12-15-2009, 06:58 PM
The Steelers are too good of a team to lose 6 straight. I have a bad feeling too. Tough road game, and they've been walking a dangerous line lately.

This is how I feel. Lots of things make me nervous about this game. The Steelers have too much pride to lay down and die for the 6th straight week. They're at home. They might know our defense better than we do. This Packer team has lost some games where you would have expected them to bring their A game.

Hines
12-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I feel somewhat confident in the game, but I hope the Steelers actually have pride and won't go down lightly and try to win this game. I have the Packers winning, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers pulled this out.

TitleTown088
12-15-2009, 08:00 PM
I feel somewhat confident in the game, but I hope the Steelers actually have pride and won't go down lightly and try to win this game. I have the Packers winning, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers pulled this out.

No ambiguity in that post. Haha.

Boston
12-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't know, I've been feeling a statement game for the Packers all week. Going up against the Super Bowl champs in their house playing against a very similar defense, coming off a very close, hard fought win over a division rival, I could definately see a Packer blowout here.

Mr.Regular
12-20-2009, 01:06 PM
I think we win this one. The Steelers have lost their mojo it seems, and we're really hot right now.
Rodgers should have a good day against their secondary, and I see our defense pressuring Ben and shutting down the run game.

umphrey
12-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't know, I've been feeling a statement game for the Packers all week. Going up against the Super Bowl champs in their house playing against a very similar defense, coming off a very close, hard fought win over a division rival, I could definately see a Packer blowout here.

Since we basically copied their defense, I'm afraid they will pick it apart after seeing it in practice every day for years. Maybe our 2nd in the league yards allowed per game and high turnover rate was aided by surprise, other teams not having tape on the defense with our players, but Pittsburgh surely knows what to expect better than anyone else.

jackalope
12-20-2009, 03:27 PM
If there was any doubt that Bush is terrible, he just erased it.

princefielder28
12-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Defense needs to put pressure on Big Ben!

umphrey
12-20-2009, 04:13 PM
OMG Really Crosby ?!?? THE RIGHT FREAKING HASH MARK YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PRACTICING THIS ALL WEEK

NickCollins36
12-20-2009, 04:14 PM
crosby has been killin us all year..9 misses

umphrey
12-20-2009, 04:21 PM
That one put him under 75%, down into the range of the bottom 5 or so kickers in the league.

Boston
12-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Joe Buck and Troy Aikman need to stop announcing Packer games.

jackalope
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
We should try covering.

NickCollins36
12-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Jarrret ******* Bushh!!!!!@!!!1

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
If there is a God, please strike Jarrett Bush dead.

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:26 PM
LETS GO! LETS GO! Come on Pack put 6 on the board.

umphrey
12-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Jarrett Bush is the reason why bad things happen to good people

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Packers in the "prevent you from winning" defense...

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Get Jarrett Bush the **** off this team already!!!

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:45 PM
This is what happens when you get away from what got you the lead. BLITZ!!

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Game over. Got bitz you stupid *****. Give him all day and against street free agents. ******* rediculous and a terrible loss.

princefielder28
12-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Josh Bell??? Who the hell if that???

NickCollins36
12-20-2009, 06:50 PM
thats painful

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Josh Bell??? Who the hell if that???

Let put out practice squad players in on single coverage when the game is on the line. I don't get the coaching decisions on this last drive at all. The coaches lost the game today.

umphrey
12-20-2009, 06:53 PM
ARRRRGGGGGGGGG...So many what ifs. Why couldn't you wrap him up on the 2nd last play with 13 seconds left Jenkins? Stupid refs kept showing up with their stupid yellow flags every time the Steelers got into a jam. Even the guy running the clock did them favors. I'm going to try to stop thinking about this game, change the channel, remember that we're still going to be in the playoffs, and drink a cold beer.

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Suck a dick Troy Aikman you ******* doushe

Twiddler
12-20-2009, 06:56 PM
ARRRRGGGGGGGGG...So many what ifs. Why couldn't you wrap him up on the 2nd last play with 13 seconds left Jenkins? Stupid refs kept showing up with their stupid yellow flags every time the Steelers got into a jam. Even the guy running the clock did them favors. I'm going to try to stop thinking about this game, change the channel, remember that we're still going to be in the playoffs, and drink a cold beer.

We're not in there yet. I don't know what it would take, but I'm going to wait until we're actually in to think about the playoffs.

Boston
12-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Jarrett Bush needs to be cut before we even get on the plane. The fact that he still has a job is ******* pathetic.

Hines
12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Good game fellas. You had me sweating that whole drive.

Twiddler
12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Good game fellas. You had me sweating that whole drive.

Ha, me too. The only difference is that I have a different after-feeling. Yikes, that was an ugly way to lose.

Hines
12-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Ha, me too. The only difference is that I have a different after-feeling. Yikes, that was an ugly way to lose.

I know how you feel with last second loses by the Chiefs and Raiders.

Twiddler
12-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I know how you feel with last second loses by the Chiefs and Raiders.

Yeah, looks like you guys have had a ton of those this year. We had that last year with I think about 6 losses that were in the last drive. Sucks.

Boston
12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
If McCarthy says anything less then "What happened today was unacceptable, and it's not going to happen again" during his press conference, I'm going to be pissed.

ChezPower4
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
**** Mason Crosby!!!!!!!!

ImBrotherCain
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
So this game was a great game but it was marred by honestly the worst sports fans i have ever come across.

I can understand being harassed when visiting but there is a point where it goes past the limit of tolerable. When i moved to Pittsburgh i really didn't have anything against the team but as time went on these fans talk more **** than anyone i have ever met. Needless to say that starts the hate but i can deal with it cause i defend my teams to the death.

Well i arrived today to the usual heckling and **** of that sort but at halftime down 21-14 i had to pee so i went to the bathroom to again be attacked at the sight of Green and Gold. I of course rebutted but as i was walking out the guy that started this **** grabbed me and turned me around to he could continue to spit his beer breath in my face. So that infuriated me to no end.

Any way i went back to my seat which for the most part i was surrounded by good people. Right before the second half began someone decided to start talking a ton more **** 2 rows down so i fired right back... and he kept talking for sometime. After the Packers took the lead i got up and started cheering and his wife proceeds to turn around and yell at me and tell me to sit down and shut the **** up. Idk about you but you should be able to dish it and take it.

So anyway great game, crushing defeat and ****** fans.

-- Also i find it funny that Steeler fans flake off during times of hardship and their only defense is "We have 6, We have 6"

So my friends tell them we have 12... we have 12. They will respond Super Bowls and you can respond "Guess who that trophy is named after."

Favre4ever
12-20-2009, 07:59 PM
With Harris out, we can clearly see that aside from Woodson, Collins and Tramon, we cannot cover squat. Bigby at least brings an element of physicality but cannot go stride for stride with anybody, Bush is a liability and Bell is a 2nd year guywho just joined the team. Having said that, why would we only rush 3 when we now we cant cover in the last 2 mins?

Defense playcalling lost this game.

RockJock07
12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Silver lining, Aaron is sick and Finley are amazing, Matthews was a stud.

ImBrotherCain
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
With Harris out, we can clearly see that aside from Woodson, Collins and Tramon, we cannot cover squat. Bigby at least brings an element of physicality but cannot go stride for stride with anybody, Bush is a liability and Bell is a 2nd year guywho just joined the team. Having said that, why would we only rush 3 when we now we cant cover in the last 2 mins?

Defense playcalling lost this game.

Tramon actually did alright... from watching the game the big plays were on Bush and Bigby (when we know he cant cover) Also i would have to say despite all the great things hes done i think Woodson blew some plays

RockJock07
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
according to Jason Wilde, The packers are going to bring in kickers in this week and he suggest that Jason Bell be placed ahead of Jarrett Bush.

He also makes a good point, the Steelers are still a very good team but have lost some close games. Look this is an environment that the Packers are going to face in the playoffs, I'd rather that everyone learn from this experience now instead of in the playoffs.

They will have to face teams on the road with dynamic WR's and great QB's and they will need to figure out how to stop them. One thing is certain, if this situation comes up again in the playoffs, here is my list.

1. Rush all the time from different looks.
2. No Hawk on TE's
3. Bell over Bush
4. get Pickett healthy.

MM called a great game but the kicker is his problem, get a new one in here for the playoff run.

jackalope
12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Bell over Bush is good. I've barely seen anything from Bell, but I can safely say he's better than Bush. I'd really like to see us go out and sign a veteran corner to play nickel.

RedVision
12-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Try Martin at nickel, he can't be any worse that those 2 bums. Cut Bush and dress Giordano for STs.

Hines
12-20-2009, 09:47 PM
What I think cost you the game outside of playing prevent with no pass rush towards the end was the lack of running game. Yeah Grant had one good run, but you didn't keep attacking the Steelers with the run.

RockJock07
12-20-2009, 10:02 PM
What I think cost you the game outside of playing prevent with no pass rush towards the end was the lack of running game. Yeah Grant had one good run, but you didn't keep attacking the Steelers with the run.

Packers don't run although Ryan Grant will probably end up having pretty good numbers. The Packers don't run to setup the pass, it's the other way around which has been great and frustrating at some points during the MM era.

I think the Packers want to be the Arizona Cardinals which the biggest difference between the 2 (outside the fact that Aaron is good, not sure if he's close to Warner and I love Driver/Jennings but they aren't bolden/fitz) is the o-line.

The packers oline has been better of late but still inconsistent.

PackerLegend
12-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Just unbelievable, everyone person I know has been calling for Jarret Bush's head the last 2 years atleast and still its just amazing how the **** he is still on our team. He can't cover, flag machine and he blows at special teams too. O and I don't ever recall the guy making a single decent play. Crosby's garbage and we might as well find someone because he ****ing blows. Pretty simple 34 yard fg, he would have made it we would have won. Last drive was terrible, opportunity after opportunity to end the game and we blow it. Then some guy I have no idea who was out covering by himself on the last play of the game. Tough tough loss to take.

Bright side is no matter if the Giants win were still one game up on them two if they lose. Still have the tiebreaker over the Cowboy's. So we control what happens and I expect a better showing next week against the Seahawks at home. Hopefully Ted will pull his head out of his *** and get rid of Crosby and Bush. Tired of it....

Pacific
12-20-2009, 10:06 PM

It would have been nice to establish the run and burn some clock but overall the offense wasn't really the problem. We put up 36 points, unfortunately our defense just wasn't able to get a stop when it mattered.

cvv84
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
It was a really great game but I'm pissed that we loss. Sometimes this coaching staff just baffles me and running that prevent defense at the end of the game did just that. Not to take anything away from the Steelers but this is a game that we should have won.

Positives of the game for the Packers:

1) Only allowed 1 sack which was on a screen pass

2) Clay Matthews reaching 10 sack, setting a new Packers rookie record for sacks. Although he should have had 3 sacks and a FF in that game...

3) Jennings breaking loose for a long TD. About time!

4) Finley is really proving to be a matchup problem for opposing defenses.

5) Brad Jones flashing potential. Nice to see a 7th round guy contributing and rebounding after a poor game.

6) Aaron Rodgers rebounding after a terrible start to finish with a great statistical game and getting us the lead late.

Its a tough loss to take right now but hopefully they'll bounce back against the Seahawks next week. We need to get to 10 or 11 wins so lets have a short memory on this one and focus on next week.

Mr.Regular
12-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I won't sleep well tonight knowing Mason Crosby and Jarrett Bush are still on the team.

Twiddler
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, at least the Vikings are getting hammered tonight. That makes this loss a little better.

PackerLegend
12-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Still don't see how the refs could rob Clay of his sack, FF, and recovery. I thought that was a very bad call. We gave up over 500 yards of passing thats pretty bad.

cvv84
12-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Still don't see how the refs could rob Clay of his sack, FF, and recovery. I thought that was a very bad call. We gave up over 500 yards of passing thats pretty bad.

That was just a terrible reversal. Matthews clearly had his hand on the ball as Bens hand was moving forward. I knew things weren't going to go our when after that play was reversed.

Twiddler
12-20-2009, 10:45 PM

I thought I could possibly see how it could be viewed as having Ben's arm going forward, but it was so borderline that I thought they would just go with the original call. I guess I didn't see indisputable evidence.

bigboiajhawk
12-20-2009, 11:30 PM
I won't sleep well tonight knowing Mason Crosby and Jarrett Bush are still on the team.

Yep, lost by one point that field goal would have helped. Also, Pat Lee better be heathy next season, because Bush is not a corner. Leave him as a back up safety.

Mr.Regular
12-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Yep, lost by one point that field goal would have helped. Also, Pat Lee better be heathy next season, because Bush is not a corner. Leave him as a back up safety.
Leave him on the street.

Favre4ever
12-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Bell over Bush is good. I've barely seen anything from Bell, but I can safely say he's better than Bush. I'd really like to see us go out and sign a veteran corner to play nickel.

Bell looks like the goat because it was the last play and all but he was right there on the play and he even had his arm between Wallace's arms but the throw was perfect and so was the catch. Bell should be our nickel in the upcoming games and hopefully Underwood is healthy enough to play. Bush should only be a ST guy.

tjsunstein
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Bush shouldn't be anything on this team.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 10:43 AM
I know we "fans" are nowhere near experts, but what does Ted Thompson see in Jarrett Bush that no one else does? I, among many others, have been calling for him to get dropped for 2 years now.

That being said, the defending SB champs playing at home after 5 straight losses, beat Green Bay with a couple fluke plays and a couple of fluke calls by the refs. Damn that loss hurts, but I can live with it, because Green Bay should have won.

Positives:
Rodgers played great
WR's rebounded
Grant despite few carries is still running hard
Mathews continues to wow
Our punter wasn't horrendous
O-Line was solid again ---> 5 sacks total in the past 4 games I think it is

Negatives:
Crosby...
Jarrett Bush and this Bell guy played like I did in high school...slow, small, weak.
...Crosby
Donald Lee is good for 1 huge drop each game
Hawk was abused by Heath Miller
and umm...Mason Crosby...

drowe
12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Random thoughts:

-I'd say there's a very good chance we'll look back on this game 2 weeks from now and realize it didn't matter in terms of playoffs and seeding.

-The thing I'm most discouraged about is the fact that this game is gonna be a blueprint. The Packers defense can be taken deep. Ask the Vikings. Ask the Steelers. Ask the Ravens (we just thought it'd be better to butt rape their WRs instead of leaving them open). As improved as the defense is, they are vulnerable to the deep ball. And part of it was Big Ben. he was on fire. A lot of those throws, he put it right where it needed to be. This game will go down as the best QB duel of the year.

-Mason Crosby needs to go now. It's just getting worse. His confidence is shaken. Which happens. But, We don't need a kicker that has mental issues in late December and January. For real. If he hasn't kicked his last game as a Packer, It'll go down as one of the worst non-moves in a long time. He cost us this game. And, it's nothing short of a miracle that this is the first game he's cost us.

-Donald Lee can also toss my salad. Useless.

-But, wow. Look at all we have to be excited about. Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, Jordy Nelson. All young guys who just tore it up on offense. And, don't forget the beast OLB. Clay Matthews. wow. What a pick.

-Speaking of Clay Matthews, that call was BS. We got ******. proper-******. Whether it affected the outcome, who knows. I just feel bad for Clay for getting hosed out of a sack, forced fumble AND fumble recovery based on a homer ref call.

-Tough loss. Obviously. But, if ya wanna feel better about yourself, go read the Vikings board. They're freaking out and it's awesome. :)

Favre4ever
12-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Negatives:
Crosby...
Jarrett Bush and this Bell guy played like I did in high school...slow, small, weak.
...Crosby
Donald Lee is good for 1 huge drop each game
Hawk was abused by Heath Miller
and umm...Mason Crosby...

I know a lot of people are mad but can we wait and see with Bell? Hes young and has been with the team for only a month. Also, its not like he got burned over and over like Bush, he got beat on a perfect catch and a perfect throw from a QB who had all day to make that throw. Bell had great position on the play but Ben made an awsome throw.

3 men rush on big ben inside the 20 is just plain dumb. Even a team full of woodsons could get beat on that one.

Mr.Regular
12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Were going to get to the playoffs and some team with a good QB and good receivers will spread the field and exploit our brutal secondary depth. Minnesota, Philadelphia, Arizona, New Orleans... all can pick apart our secondary. Just steer clear of Woodson and go to town.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
I know a lot of people are mad but can we wait and see with Bell? Hes young and has been with the team for only a month. Also, its not like he got burned over and over like Bush, he got beat on a perfect catch and a perfect throw from a QB who had all day to make that throw. Bell had great position on the play but Ben made an awsome throw.

3 men rush on big ben inside the 20 is just plain dumb. Even a team full of woodsons could get beat on that one.

So develop a young in experienced guy in week 15 when trying to secure a playoff spot? He had no right seeing the field on that drive, and I think he proved that.

And with the kicker situation...A lot of Green Bay radio guys are saying well you can't cut him right now. Washington did cut their kicker. And several other teams have went out and found better than average replacements. I root for Crosby hard, but damn.

cvv84
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM

Bell was actually supposed to play under on that play. Atari Bigby was supposed to be over the top. If you look at the side view of that catch you see Bigby running towards the play. I like Bigby but he's a liability because he strong suit isn't coverage.

TitleTown088
12-21-2009, 01:37 PM

We had 36 damn points, the offense didn't need to run when you guys could stop the pass. The onlt think that cost us that game was crap defense.

TitleTown088
12-21-2009, 01:39 PM
http://i.packers.com/pg/2009-12-20/photo3.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a pass alright!!

It wasn't that important when you give up over 500 yards on D. But still pisses me off.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
We had 36 damn points, the offense didn't need to run when you guys could stop the pass. The onlt think that cost us that game was crap defense.

Simply put, but right on. Defense was flat out bad. Crosby again with a critical miss as well, but the defense had many chances to end that game.

Like the players said though, it's a gut check game. I think they will turn this into a positive. Beat Seattle and move on.

cvv84
12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
http://i.packers.com/pg/2009-12-20/photo3.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a pass alright!!

It wasn't that important when you give up over 500 yards on D. But still pisses me off.

That play really pissed me off too. I thought no way it would get reversed. Sucks for Clay too because that would've been an 8 tackle 3 sack 1 FF performance for the rookie.

drowe
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
That play really pissed me off too. I thought no way it would get reversed. Sucks for Clay too because that would've been an 8 tackle 3 sack 1 FF performance for the rookie.

Really, without exaggeration, the worst call in any Packer game this year.

I mean, if they called it an incomplete pass on the field, whatever. judgement call. Still the wrong call, but excusable.

But, they called it a fumble. How the hell could they have possibly seen INDISPUTABLE VISUAL EVIDENCE that it was an incomplete pass?

RockJock07
12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
MM, in his monday press conference, says that Mason Crosby is his kicker. I've heard of standing by your guy but come on. Mark my words, if the packers are the situation where they need a GW FG at the end of the game in the playoffs and Mason misses, MM should lose his job for being stupid.

cvv84
12-21-2009, 02:31 PM
MM, in his monday press conference, says that Mason Crosby is his kicker. I've heard of standing by your guy but come on. Mark my words, if the packers are the situation where they need a GW FG at the end of the game in the playoffs and Mason misses, MM should lose his job for being stupid.

Well who knows, it could be TT behind the scenes pushing to keep him too. McCarthy might not have a choice.

princefielder28
12-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Well who knows, it could be TT behind the scenes pushing to keep him too. McCarthy might not have a choice.

That wouldn't surprise me...i've always viewed MM as kind of TT's puppet

Boston
12-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't get what Crosby's problem is. He's got the leg, he's young, and he led the league in points his rookie year.

PackerLegend
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Crosby ****ing blows and I cant wait until he ****ing blows one in the playoffs! His miss yesterday was the difference between winning and losing even if it wasn't a last second kick. I know its cold out now but I haven't seen the power on kickoffs much this year either. Its not like a new kicker could be a whole lot worse considering Crosby has missed a kick inside 40 yards the last 4 weeks. How I wish we had Nate Kadeing whats his streak? He has made like 65 straight inside 40 yards and Crosby barley makes extra points.

Twiddler
12-21-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't get what Crosby's problem is. He's got the leg, he's young, and he led the league in points his rookie year.

It's gotta be psychological. At least, I can't find any other reason for him to be missing so much.

Mr.Regular
12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
It's gotta be psychological. At least, I can't find any other reason for him to be missing so much.
If he's cracking now think how bad he'll be under the pressure of being on the road in the playoffs.

Twiddler
12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
If he's cracking now think how bad he'll be under the pressure of being on the road in the playoffs.

Very true, but I think if he can just finish the year off by not blowing a HUGE opportunity (big if there), then maybe he can pull his **** together in the off-season. Much like how Vince Young pulled it together after last year, except for a kicker, ha.

Hines
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I know Crosby has sucked all season, but to be fair, it's hard to kick at Heinz.

Smooth Criminal
12-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I know Crosby has sucked all season, but to be fair, it's hard to kick at Heinz.

Esspecially to the open end. Max field goal ever at Heinz field is 50 yards, shortest in the league.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 07:46 PM

"I would just like to announce Mason Crosby is my kicker, Jarret Bush is my corner, and Donald Lee is my tight end...Oh and we just extended all 3 of their contracts for multi-million dollars per season."

PackerLegend
12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
"I would just like to announce Mason Crosby is my kicker, Jarret Bush is my corner, and Donald Lee is my tight end...Oh and we just extended all 3 of their contracts for multi-million dollars per season."

Donald Lee drops alot of passes now for some reason but he is not close to Bush/Crosby bad. J-Mic is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better tho.

Boston
12-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Donald Lee drops alot of passes now for some reason but he is not close to Bush/Crosby bad. J-Mic is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better tho.

Donald Lee is crap, he can't block and he can't catch, we'll find somebody else in the offseason.

TitleTown088
12-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Crosby ****ing blows and I cant wait until he ****ing blows one in the playoffs!

Uh... Why would you wanta player on your team to fail? I don't get it.

As for Donald Lee, he hasn't played well this season but that ball did hit the defenders helmet making it a real tough catch on the run.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 09:46 PM

As for Donald Lee, he hasn't played well this season but that ball did hit the defenders helmet making it a real tough catch on the run.

I will root for any member of the Packers, but for some reason when Bush makes a terrible play I can't help but feel some sense of vindication...Like yes TT, you were wrong about the guy.

For all I know he could be a great teammate and excellent person. But ahh ehh I don't know. There's gotta be a solution.

As for kickers, they seem to be getting recycled. Washington dropped Suisham, the Cowboys picked him up. The Cowboys dropped Folk, maybe we can swap. ...Or dig one of the Gramatica brothers out of hibernation. Yikes.

PackerLegend
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM

I don't want him to fail because that likely means we lose... My point is I have 0, nada, zippo confidence in him and I feel like he is going to really cost us. I will then point to TT and MM for not dumping his *** already much like Bush. I would be ****ing thrilled if either guy ever became good but neither will. Its like Derrick Frost, pieces of **** just seem to stick around to long.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Grab PacMan from Canada or wherever it is he's making it rain at the moment. Even he couldn't be worse could he?

Twiddler
12-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't want him to fail because that likely means we lose... My point is I have 0, nada, zippo confidence in him and I feel like he is going to really cost us. I will then point to TT and MM for not dumping his *** already much like Bush. I would be ****ing thrilled if either guy ever became good but neither will. Its like Derrick Frost, pieces of **** just seem to stick around to long.

So who would you bring in for kicker at this point in the year? I don't think it would get much better, the free agents aren't on a team for a reason.

Boston
12-22-2009, 12:55 AM
DC Dom Capers liked his “rover” defense enough to keep dropping his best outside rusher, ROLB Clay Matthews, and rushing only three on the final five snaps. Jenkins got to the quarterback twice, including a sack offset by a flagrant hold on Bell, but he wasn’t even on the field for that final play.

Instead, the three-man rush came from two little-used backups (OLB Brady Poppinga and rookie DL Jarius Wynn) and DL Johnny Jolly, whose late rush appeared to be slowed by C Justin Hartwig’s hold on his jersey. The trio entered the game with one QB sack combined.

Capers has said many times his primary preoccupation with blitzing is opening creases for an opponent's running game. Well, offenses don't get much more one-dimensional than Pittsburgh's was, yet Capers rushed five or more on only 11 of Roethlisberger's 57 dropbacks (19.3 percent) — and none on the final drive.

I don't know what the **** Capers was thinking, but it didn't work, at all. I don't get it, we have a horrible nickel cornerback, our defense plays better when we blitz, and we were playing against one of the best quarterbacks in the game, and yet for whatever reason we hardly blitz at all, and rush three on pretty much every play on the last drive. How do you even begin to explain that...

Twiddler
12-22-2009, 10:31 AM
I know this is going to come off as a thought of a bitter fan, but as the quote about Capers mentioned, that really looked like a pretty big hold by Hartwig for the final play. It would almost seem that Jolly might have been able to disrupt Ben's pass or rhythm if he was given the chance. And I know that holds like this happen all the time and that we've benefited from no-calls in the past, but it just leaves a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Whistler6
12-22-2009, 10:52 AM
I know this is going to come off as a thought of a bitter fan, but as the quote about Capers mentioned, that really looked like a pretty big hold by Hartwig for the final play. It would almost seem that Jolly might have been able to disrupt Ben's pass or rhythm if he was given the chance. And I know that holds like this happen all the time and that we've benefited from no-calls in the past, but it just leaves a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Calls go both ways, so I try to stay away from saying this or that shoulda been called...But I completely agree. There were several no calls on blatant holdings.

Add that to the terrible replay reversal on Mathews and a couple fluke plays on that last drive. One damn frustrating loss.

AJHawk50
12-22-2009, 01:33 PM
I like Mason Crosby, I wish he wasn't having the misses he was. I think he is a good kicker, but I think it's psychological. I am hoping he can turn it around, but I would understand if the team makes a move if the misses continue. I have had high hopes for Mason as our kicker of the future.

And we need something different than Bush and Bell in the secondary...