PDA

View Full Version : Will Nate Allen last until Round 2?

DreadedDatSkinsFan
12-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm guessing Eric Berry will declare for the draft, leaving him to be the 1st safety off the board followed by Taylor Mays....WHO'S NEXT?

Earl Thomas if he declares, THEN Nate Allen? Maybe all four safeties going in the 1st round??

SehornLives
12-15-2009, 09:15 PM
This guy, along with Kyle McCarthy, are gonna be stud's at the next level. Both of these guys are gonna shoot up draft boards when they perform better then expected at the combine. A sub 4.5 time, which both of them are fully capable of running, should get them both, Allen especially, in the mid to late 2nd round range. Just my humble opinion

princefielder28
12-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I see Allen lasting til round two. The safety class isn't very strong like you mentioned but just because Allen is possibly the #3 safety doesn't mean that a team should reach and take him if he fills a position of need. This draft has the potential to be very deep at several positions, minus safety, and teams should be able to fill other needs without having to reach towards the bottom of round one for a safety who is probably best suited as a mid to late 2nd rounder.

Babylon
12-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I think he'll be there in the second round, wouldnt mind Seattle having a shot at him. Earl Thomas i think will stay at Texas.

ElectricEye
12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't see anyway for him to get picked in the first round. Doesn't have the measurables and just isn't the type of player you spend a first round draft pick on. He's a starting caliber safety in the NFL, but not a true difference maker at that position. Few are. Reminds me a ton of Rashad Johnson.

AntoinCD
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I see him lasting until the Louis Delmas/Pat Chung range from last year unless a team like the Giants go on a run now or trade down to the end of the first for him.

Does all depend though because Berry, Mays and Thomas could all be gone by around pick 15 or both Mays and Thomas could drop to the 20s.

I would never say never but id be surprised if he works his way into the 1st. Too many OTs, DTs, WRs and pass rushers with better value in the late 1st

descendency
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Don't forget about the Rhodes Scholar safety from Florida State, Myron Rolle, who has first round talent but sat out a year to study at Oxford.

Babylon
12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Don't forget about the Rhodes Scholar safety from Florida State, Myron Rolle, who has first round talent but sat out a year to study at Oxford.

Dont think he was ever near first round talent.

djp
12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
I hope the Vikings either take him at the end of Round 1 or trade down to the start of round 2 and hopefully pick up an extra 3rd.. we have a few spots that can be filled, but none that deserve the money that a 1st rounders going to get (other than safety I suppose)

Rosebud
12-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Dont think he was ever near first round talent.

At least not since High School.

CC.SD
12-16-2009, 02:40 PM
It's time to stop talking about Myron

TT Gator
12-31-2009, 06:18 PM
There is actually a legit shot for him to go in Round 1. Eric Berry will go Top 5 there is no question about that. Taylor Mays has been exposed this year. His limitations are quite clear and I DOUBT that a team that has a number of needs would spend a Top 15 pick on a Safety who isen't good in coverage and doesn't make INTs. Even if we go out on a limb and say the 49ers draft him early(since they have two 1st round picks) that'd still leave the Texans, Chargers, Vikings, Colts, Seahawks, Bengals, and Cowboys who all could use an impact player at Safety. Now most of them will probably wait untill the 2nd or 3rd but if the Top 2 Safeties go early they may reach in order to shore up the position. A number of those teams already have good rosters so their needs are limited which makes it possible for them to spend a 1st round pick on a Safety. I honestly think the Vikings, Bengals, or Cowboys will grab him in the late 1st round. They all have good rosters with only small needs elsewhere but their Safeties have been exposed all year and the pickings will be slim this year in the late 1st round.

RaiderNation
12-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Has a chance to go in he late 1st, but I see him falling somewhere in the mid 2nd

phlysac
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I still like DeAndre McDaniel and Robert Johnson more than Allen. Shrugs.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-01-2010, 06:19 PM
DeAndre McDaniel is a beast

RealityCheck
01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm a big fan of Rolle myself. I guess he has all it takes to be a 3rd round pick, at least.

Back on topic, I'd expect Allen to the Steelers in the 2nd.

Nard_Dog
01-02-2010, 03:10 PM
DeAndre McDaneil needs to be mentioned as well, he has an eye for the ball. I could see him sneaking into the later parts of the 1st round.

Saints-Tigers
01-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Chad Jones could really light it up at the combine and move up FAST.

prock
01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
i think unless the vikes take a quarterback in the first, nate allen lands there. hopefully.

Paul
01-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Does anyone else see a little bit of Darren Sharper in Allen? Same build, good instincts, just a solid all-around DB. I REALLY like him as a prospect.

lance uppercut
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
DeAndre McDaneil needs to be mentioned as well, he has an eye for the ball. I could see him sneaking into the later parts of the 1st round.

pretty major character concerns on him, no?