PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Frye to Start Against Broncos

RaiderNation
12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/2501.html
Head coach Tom Cable stated on Wednesday during a conference call with the Denver media that Charlie Frye will be the starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Itís becoming obviously clear that JaMarcus Russell is not the answer and that at least this current coaching staff does not believe the number one overall pick in the 2007 draft is the franchise passer Al Davis thought he selected.

Stash
12-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Good, glad to see he made the right decision.

SwagU
12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Frye was pretty solid in the pre season and JaMarcus proved last week he is still crap. Good move by Cable looking into the teams best interests.

Komp
12-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I would not be surprised if some of the veterans have spoke up regarding Jamarcus' lack of effort and preparation. When you are working hard, looking at film, breaking down plays with your teammates, etc....and the man who is supposed to be the leader on the football team is sitting there listening to his IPod and eating skittles, I think eventually you hit a breaking point. How many times have you seen him looking at pictures or talking to his coordinator after one of his many INT's? I feel the Raiders players have given up on Jamarcus and have stated (either verbally or not) that unless he is removed, they aren't interested in playing here.