PDA

View Full Version : Week 15: Chicago Bears @ Baltimore Ravens

coordinator0
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
The Bears (5-8) come into Baltimore (7-6) to take on the Ravens this weekend. Chicago lost to the Packers in a close game last weekend while Baltimore destroyed the Lions. I don't think what we did last weekend was a great indicator of our team going in the right direction, but we did what we were supposed to. There isn't anybody on offense for the Bears that seems like they could hurt us too badly. Cutler seems to be just as likely to throw a pick rather than a touchdown this year and their receivers aren't the physical type that gives us problems. I think we win this one semi-easily.

coordinator0
12-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Note: This game has been moved from 1 p.m. EST to 4:15 p.m. EST due to a pending snowstorm in the area.

America
12-18-2009, 04:07 PM
snow game should mean a lot of running the ball, putting this game at our advantage

TACKLE
12-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I really want to see E Reed pick off Cutler this week.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I'm so pumped for this game! This snow storm is freakin awesome and I can't wait to see our 3 headed monster plow over the Bears! Not smack talking, I just wanna see us go back to smash mouth "pound the football" mentality on Sunday!

dcarey20
12-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Ravens 31
Bears 20

Hines
12-19-2009, 11:27 PM
I picked the Bears to be different. lol. But if the Ravens somehow decide to put the ball in the air, I think the Bears can pull it out. I believe Olsen will give the Ravens fits. Their recievers aren't really scary, but I wouldn't rule them out. Just give the ball to Rice and I will be happy.

America
12-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I've got to admit I was completely wrong about DWill. I thought he was done in Baltimore, but he's just exactly what the offense needs. Hope we keep him around next year.

Hines
12-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Ha this is what I get for picking the Bears. I guess this puts the Ravens into the playoffs unless they go on a collapse these next two games.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Ha this is what I get for picking the Bears. I guess this puts the Ravens into the playoffs unless they go on a collapse these next two games.

I still have a hard time seeing them beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Plus, the Steelers are coming a win against Green Bay which kept them alive in the playoffs. They will definitely give Baltimore a very tough challenge and I doubt we win, which would drop us back to 8-7, so all Raven fans should be rooting against Miami, Denver, Jacksonville, and New York.

Hines
12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
The Ravens control their own destiny even if they lose next week. I really think the Steelers and Ravens will have the last two spots in the playoffs.

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM
I think Jacksonville loses to NEW next week making them 8-8 and done.

Say the Ravens, steelers, dolphins, Jets all end up 9-7 do the Ravens have the tie breaker? I think we will but I am not 100% sure

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
The Ravens control their own destiny even if they lose next week. I really think the Steelers and Ravens will have the last two spots in the playoffs.

Yeah, the Denver loss really helped the Ravens out big time, they now have the #5 spot and if they can hold on to that, they'll play Cincinnati, arguably the worst out of all the AFC playoff teams.

on a side note- Cincy has yet to clinch the division and Baltimore is still alive, but I think they'll beat win the next two games left and clinch at 11-5.

Here are my predictions

AFC South - Colts #1 (16-0)

AFC West - Chargers #2 (13-3)

AFC East - Patriots #3 (11-5)

AFC North - Bengals #4 (11-5)

Wild-card #1 - Ravens (9-7)

Wild-card #2 - Broncos (9-7)

Miami will likely lose one of the next 2 vs. Pitt. and Houston

Jacksonville IMO, will end up 8-8

Pittsburgh will end up 9-7 but their division record will keep em out.

Jets will end up 7-9, losing to Indy and Cincy.

Titans will end up 8-8

Houston will likely lose one of there next 2 vs. New England and Miami.

If I am correct on the bolded, the Ravens should make the playoffs, as long as they beat the Oakland Raiders in Week 17, regardless to whether they win or lose in Pittsburgh.

Hines
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Dolphins and Steelers cannot both be 9-7 as both are 7-7 and play each other. If a three way tie between the Ravens, Steelers, and Broncos happens, the Ravens have the 5th seed and the Steelers have the 6th. I think that will be the most likely scenario unless the Steelers decide to lose. Steelers will play Cincy and Baltimore will play NE.

Hines
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah, the Denver loss really helped the Ravens out big time, they now have the #5 spot and if they can hold on to that, they'll play Cincinnati, arguably the worst out of all the AFC playoff teams.

on a side note- Cincy has yet to clinch the division and Baltimore is still alive, but I think they'll beat win the next two games left and clinch at 11-5.

Here are my predictions

AFC South - Colts #1 (16-0)

AFC West - Chargers #2 (13-3)

AFC East - Patriots #3 (11-5)

AFC North - Bengals #4 (11-5)

Wild-card #1 - Ravens (9-7)

Wild-card #2 - Broncos (9-7)

Miami will likely lose one of the next 2 vs. Pitt. and Houston

Jacksonville IMO, will end up 8-8

Pittsburgh will end up 9-7 but their division record will keep em out.

Jets will end up 7-9, losing to Indy and Cincy.

Titans will end up 8-8

Houston will likely lose one of there next 2 vs. New England and Miami.

If I am correct on the bolded, the Ravens should make the playoffs, as long as they beat the Oakland Raiders in Week 17, regardless to whether they win or lose in Pittsburgh.

I just explained what would happen. Steelers have the H2H over the Broncos which would put the Steelers in the playoffs, not the Broncos.

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 09:05 PM
IDC what anyone says the ravens/steelers rivlary is the best this decade, the 2 most physical teams of the decade and every year it seems like the game will affect the AFC playoff situation greatly. Its going to be a good game sunday.

Hines
12-20-2009, 09:06 PM
It's not going to be a good game, it's going to be epic, amazing, and every other word for good. I am super excited.

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 09:13 PM
yea seriously I understand peoples point of view saying we cant have the best rivlary because its so young, but it is as intense if not more intense then any other rivlary in the NFL.

here is a great website talking about our rivlary

http://www.afc-north.com/rivalry/pitbal.html

my favorite part of the rivlary was when the goose challenged any steelers fan to a fight after the game. That stuff would never happen under harbaugh but it is still funny.

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
possible torn ACL for Lardarius Webb. ****

Hines
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I was just about to report that. Huge blow for the Ravens.

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
there goes the season.... Big Ben puts up 7 touchdowns.

Maybe Harbaugh can get over whatever happened w/ him and Cmac and bring him in. I know I am the only one on the face of the earth that doesnt want to kill Frank Walker and I admit he shouldnt be anything more then a #4.

We are screwed

Hines
12-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I love Frank Walker because he sucks so bad and Tone always has huge games against him. Let's go Walker!

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
I would love for us to bring back Cmac but it wont happen. He has to be better then Carr/Walker and he can cover Ward. Both are old, slow, physical and they probably dont like each other.

Hines
12-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't think anyone on that Ravens defense likes Hines.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-20-2009, 09:43 PM
I just explained what would happen. Steelers have the H2H over the Broncos which would put the Steelers in the playoffs, not the Broncos.

you're right, but they would have to beat Baltimore AND Miami. Very likely, especially after beating a red hot Packers team.

and you can guarantee a Steeler win next week with this news right here -
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=2617

Our best cornerback is likely out for the year, still pending official confirmation with an MRI but no one's optimistic. Looks like Frank Walker and Chris Carr will go up against Ward and Holmes again. Oh boy. 24-10 Steelers over the Ravens.

Hines
12-20-2009, 09:46 PM
If you continue to run the ball like you did against Detroit, I could see it being a lot closer than you expect. We do have Ben this game, so that helps us out a lot. But if we put Farrior on Rice again on third and long, I might have to shoot someone.

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 09:52 PM
it doesnt matter because who ever Walker is covering will run a 8 yard curl every play. it will either be a catch or a PI so it doesnt matter. we are done. I was optimistic until I heard that, now I dont want sunday to come.

Hines
12-20-2009, 09:52 PM
I do! I still think you could beat Oakland with Charlie Frye at quarterback.

Ravens1991
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
yea we get into the playoffs maybe, we wont win a game w/o webb so we are done. this just sucks.

Gay Ork Wang
12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
god we are worse than the raiders

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-21-2009, 08:22 AM
If you continue to run the ball like you did against Detroit, I could see it being a lot closer than you expect. We do have Ben this game, so that helps us out a lot. But if we put Farrior on Rice again on third and long, I might have to shoot someone.

Nah dude, only way we can possibly overcome the loss of Webb is that if our offense plays like they played in the first 3 weeks of the season. No other Corner left on the roster is good enough to replace Webb. The Steelers are going to destroy us, regardless of who's starting at CB.

Our season now is on the hands of our offense, they have to lead the team now, cause without Webb, our defense goes back to how they were playing before the bye week, and our special teams takes a huge hit in the return game. ( he was our best returner)

Season ends like this -

Lose to Pittsburgh

Beat Oakland, Make the playoffs via Wildcard

Lose in round 1 to either the Bengals or Patriots.

coordinator0
12-21-2009, 08:47 AM
you're right, but they would have to beat Baltimore AND Miami. Very likely, especially after beating a red hot Packers team.

and you can guarantee a Steeler win next week with this news right here -
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=2617

Our best cornerback is likely out for the year, still pending official confirmation with an MRI but no one's optimistic. Looks like Frank Walker and Chris Carr will go up against Ward and Holmes again. Oh boy. 24-10 Steelers over the Ravens.

No, Foxworth will be covering one of them. Probably Holmes, and I think Walker gets put on Ward. We'll just have to find a way to win.

Ravens1991
12-21-2009, 10:42 AM
yea I see walker on Ward because Walker is physical enough to cover Ward.

Hines
12-21-2009, 10:44 AM
He may be physical enough, but he is not good enough.

Ravens1991
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
word, expect about 6 catches and 2 TDs from Ward. and when you guys are up by 21 in the 4th quarter Walker will break up a pass and act as if he just won the team the superbowl

Hines
12-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Actually, I don't think Hines will be much of a player Sunday. He reinjured his hammy and it could linger and he could play like doo doo like he did against Cleveland. Mike Wallace on Walker? Oh man.

coordinator0
12-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I would expect Carr to start if Wallace plays mostly. It's probably going to be matchup-based.

Ravens1991
12-21-2009, 11:00 AM
then maybe we put out Chris Carr, who knows I am not looking forward to seeing the other CB go up against your WR. but regardless there may be a Ward/Carr match up and a walker/wallace match up or vice versa if you guys go to 3 WR set. You guys got a nice WR corp I think you will whoop up on us. :(

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-21-2009, 11:15 AM
**** the Steelers and thier fans. I am pissed from reading this thread. We are going to get beat by a trillion points OMG!!!!! Since when do we not play hard against the Steelers? Really how often do they blow us out? Our defense has played better(not great) and Webb being out isn't going to make our defense suck. I like Webb but he is not a guy that you go "well there goes the season" when he gets hurt. You guys act like Ray Lewis is out.

America
12-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Our secondary depth is just really weak. Nakamura, Washington, and now Webb are out. We're really gonna be pressed for bodies next week and I just hope the guys are in good enough shape to play every snap. Whoever Cary Williams is has a tough job next week, but if he started against the Bears I guess that means he's got the playbook down right now.

Ravens1991
12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
**** the Steelers and thier fans. I am pissed from reading this thread. We are going to get beat by a trillion points OMG!!!!! Since when do we not play hard against the Steelers? Really how often do they blow us out? Our defense has played better(not great) and Webb being out isn't going to make our defense suck. I like Webb but he is not a guy that you go "well there goes the season" when he gets hurt. You guys act like Ray Lewis is out.

yea I may be overreacting but hurting webb really hurts us and I just dont see us beating pitt, we usually split w/ them regardless and w/ webb out that hurts a lot.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM
yeah, but one way to overcome this is great Front Seven play. If we can get the kind of pressure the Cleveland Browns got, then we don't even need Dominique Foxworth . Pressure on Big Ben will win us this game.

No pressure = Big Ben throwing for 550 Yards 4 TD and we lose

Pressure Big Ben + Run the ball effectively = We have a chance.

Ravens1991
12-21-2009, 02:08 PM
we have not gotten any pressure all season, I am not optimistic about us getting it. We had a very close game in the AFC title game w/ frank freaking walker being our #1 CB with pressure under organized chaos. If we switched back pitt would be completly shocked and it would surprise them. But going back to organized chaos is like asking 4 a helicopter for christmas.

America
12-21-2009, 02:21 PM
we have not gotten any pressure all season, I am not optimistic about us getting it. We had a very close game in the AFC title game w/ frank freaking walker being our #1 CB with pressure under organized chaos. If we switched back pitt would be completly shocked and it would surprise them. But going back to organized chaos is like asking 4 a helicopter for christmas.

My neighbor once got a helicopter for Christmas. There will be pressure.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, I agree with Ravens1991, I haven't seen any pressure on a consistent basis all year either, but if we can generate some, I say we have a nice chance to win.

On offense, I think we should attempt the establish the run game and we need to go deep to Demetrius Williams, he has come strong these past two weeks.
I think he could have a big day against Townsend or William Ggay