PDA

View Full Version : Best Christmas Gifts of the Year?

D-Unit
12-20-2009, 01:23 PM
What are they? What do you want?

Share online deals! My wife likes to go to slickdeals.com

What were your biggest gifts that you bought for someone else so far?

Gay Ork Wang
12-20-2009, 01:23 PM
i suppose it should mean christmas gifts

WMD
12-20-2009, 01:30 PM
i suppose it should mean slickdeals.net

Rob S
12-20-2009, 01:31 PM
my parents got me a plane ticket and hotels for my trip to Egypt. I thought that was pretty awesome.

M.O.T.H.
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
The hottest gifts seem to be that kindle thing and laptops this year.

I bought my sister a cheap hd camcorder and True Blood season one.

My mom...A Mets shirt, some shoes, Bon Jovi's new cd :/, some stuff for her job, some kicthen appliances lol, and a couple of dvds. (Julie and Julia, Up, Chicago)

My dad...Star Trek box set, Kurt Warner poster, Christopher Reeves poster, Elvis dvd box set, and some other junk. My dad only likes like 5-6 things so that's what I get...Elvis, Poison, Star Trek, Superman, and the Cardinals/Chargers. haha.

I just asked for some clothes, a couple of dvds, and some video games.

El Peefs?????
12-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I havent gotten a thing for anyone. I rather hope no one has gotten anything for me. Im going to a party Xmas Eve so I hope im hungover and asleep all Xmas day.

WMD
12-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I havent gotten a thing for anyone. I rather hope no one has gotten anything for me. Im going to a party Xmas Eve so I hope im hungover and asleep all Xmas day.
Scrooge!!!

We all hate you! Celebrate Christmas like regular people!!!

fischbowl
12-20-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm set on gifts with every person but my father, who is the most impossible man alive.

I've never met anyone so disinterested in anything

Vikes99ej
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/zhu_zhu_hamster_mr_squiggles.jpg

http://www.momlogic.com/images/zhu-zhu-hamster-pet-pm-thumb-270x270.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
I already know I'm getting a 32" flat panel HDTV and I think I found out tonight that I'm getting an iPhone.....

CJSchneider
12-21-2009, 06:56 AM
http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/zhu_zhu_hamster_mr_squiggles.jpg

http://www.momlogic.com/images/zhu-zhu-hamster-pet-pm-thumb-270x270.jpg

I have gotten those for my 7 year old daughter. I'm also breaking down and finally allowing my kids to play video games and getting them a Wii.

The Unseen
12-21-2009, 07:32 AM
I have gotten those for my 7 year old daughter. I'm also breaking down and finally allowing my kids to play video games and getting them a Wii.

you mean

you mean

you didn't let them play

video games?????

:(

Gay Ork Wang
12-21-2009, 07:41 AM
you mean

you mean

you didn't let them play

video games?????

:(
all for this moment, so he can be the best dad ever

j05son
12-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Video games supposedly improve math and science scores. I remember reading that somewhere, no link as I'm far to lazy to go and look for it. Take it as you will.

LizardState
12-21-2009, 09:05 AM
I got my wife every Steampunk novel ever written.

Love pre-electronic era Steampunk b/c it's a stiff middle finger in the face of the computer industry, & yes, I live in the Silicon Valley.

All I really want is Alabama's 13th national championship next month.

I think there's a denim jacket for me in the huge stocking on the mantlepiece so I can sew on these patches:

California state flag
San Antonio Iguanas, purple lizard with puck hockey team now defunct
Alabama state outline - Heart of Dixie
Dallas Cowboys blue/silver star
Rolling Stones red lick, leftover from my rock & roll days
Palm Springs Angels (with palm)
San Jose Sharks,
etc.

tjsunstein
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM

Love pre-electronic era Steampunk b/c it's a stiff middle finger in the face of the computer industry, & yes, I live in the Silicon Valley.

You rebel you.

Brent
12-21-2009, 09:28 AM
and finally allowing my kids to play video games and getting them a Wii.
Do yourself a favor and get Super Marios Bros Wii. That game is so awesome, you'll want to play it more than your kids... assuming you played NES/SNES back in the day, like I did.

Twiddler
12-21-2009, 09:29 AM
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/far-side-limited-edition.jpg

Complete Far Side Collection, I can't wait.

scottyboy
12-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Do yourself a favor and get Super Marios Bros Wii. That game is so awesome, you'll want to play it more than your kids... assuming you played NES/SNES back in the day, like I did.

back in the day, you know what CJ did for fun? pushed around a hoop. with a stick. A STICK.

ElectricEye
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM

Awesome. Just...awesome.

vikes_28
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM
I asked for the whole Dan Brown "Angels & Demons" series. I just got the first book for my birthday lastnight. I'm already half way through it.

I also asked for an external hard-drive, which I know I'm getting, I asked for Madden 10, Vikings jersey, and gift cards. I hate it when relatives buy you clothes and they are either too ugly or too small to wear. I prefer to pick my own clothes.

yodabear
12-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I got errectyle dysfunction.

And got my three year old brother a Woody.....................

u know the Cowboy doll from Toy Story, what did u guys think I got my three year old brother, minds out of the gutter gentlman.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-21-2009, 10:48 AM

Oh okay, that's a relief considering I'm getting your kids a 360 and Grand Theft Auto 4. Glad to know you approve.

ccB
12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
My lady has brought over a pile of gifts for me, at last count there were 20 of them. I know for sure one of them is DJ hero and the other is the UFC's 100 greatest fights on Bluray, I can also guess that at least 5-10 of the other presents will be some sort of clothes, but the rest not so sure about. Also her parents bought me a new Laptop so I'm pretty excited about that because my PC is a POS and my laptop has been out of commission for the last 8 months. I don't want to say what presents I got her because I have caught her reading the off topic forum on here before.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I wonder if we'll get a new poster named CCBs_guuuuuuuuuuuurl

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Apple IPODS are excellent. I got one last year and 20 dollars for ITunes. I downloaded some songs then forget about the music and spend the next 2 weeks subscribing to dozens of Podcasts.

BS Report with Bill Simmons, Adam Carolla Podcast, ESPN Fantasy Focus, Rotten Tomatoes, Dan Patrick Show, Dave Dameshak, That's What She Said The Office Podast, and so onnnnn.

It's endless and free and a can't miss present...I keep one ear phone in during pit lecture classes.

CJSchneider
12-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Ok, allow me to clarify. My kids have the Nintendo DS and Gameboy, those kinds of things. I mean video games as in a system that will connect to their TV.

fischbowl
12-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Apple IPODS are excellent. I got one last year and 20 dollars for ITunes. I downloaded some songs then forget about the music and spend the next 2 weeks subscribing to dozens of Podcasts.

BS Report with Bill Simmons, Adam Carolla Podcast, ESPN Fantasy Focus, Rotten Tomatoes, Dan Patrick Show, Dave Dameshak, That's What She Said The Office Podast, and so onnnnn.

It's endless and free and a can't miss present...I keep one ear phone in during pit lecture classes.

You're like, original

The Unseen
12-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Ok, allow me to clarify. My kids have the Nintendo DS and Gameboy, those kinds of things. I mean video games as in a system that will connect to their TV.

got it sir. i will redact my grievance.

vikes_28
12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
I wonder if we'll get a new poster named CCBs_guuuuuuuuuuuurl

Ahahahahaha. :) Made my day Chris.

CJSchneider
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM
got it sir. i will redact my grievance.

Don't go hiding behind your words because you must now wrestle me until you pin me to the ground.

El Peefs?????
12-21-2009, 03:09 PM
From now on Im going to start flirting with you a lot more CCB, in the hope that its actually your guuuuuuuuuuuurl. Promise not to get too turned on, alright buddy.

scottyboy
12-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Don't go hiding behind your words because you must now wrestle me until you pin me to the ground.

CJ and Unseen wrestling? brb, getting my video camera.

CashmoneyDrew
12-21-2009, 03:41 PM
CJ and Unseen wrestling? brb, getting my video camera.

Don't forget your lotion!

scottyboy
12-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Don't forget your lotion!

do I ever? it's right next to my Raymell Rice and Brian Leonard poster.

yes, my avatar hangs next to my bed in my dorm...

CC.SD
12-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I'll give you a slickdeal.net.

Anyway I recommend anything from those weird futurey stores...for some reason the name is escaping me but they're in most malls. Space pens, massage chairs, hologram alarm clocks, amazingly designed pillows/slippers: they've got a bunch of crap that's so weird anyone you give it to will automatically think you've put a lot of thought into it.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
You're like, original

...um alright?

ccB
12-21-2009, 11:35 PM
From now on Im going to start flirting with you a lot more CCB, in the hope that its actually your guuuuuuuuuuuurl. Promise not to get too turned on, alright buddy.

3 sommmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee.