PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Prospects

Mr.KnowItAll
12-20-2009, 02:41 PM
1.LaMarcus Coker, RB Hampton- Will probably run a mid 4.3 at 5'11 205. If he was stll at Tennessee where he rushed for close to 700 yards as a freshmen he would be a first round pick.

2. Perrish Cox, CB Oklahoma St.- all he has done is held Jordan Shipley and A.J. Green to under 70 yards while also being one of the best returners in college. What if he had florida d-line helping him??

3. Carlos Brown, RB Michigan- Never produced like he should've at UM but he still has talent with his size and speed. Could be a steal like James Davis was last year.

4. James Starks, RB Buffalo- A poor mans AP? With his size 6'2 218lbs and I believe mid 4.4 speed. Really has been forgotten bc he missed senior year.

5. Rafael Priest CB TCU- He has been the lockdown corner for one of the nations best defenses. Has great man skills with sub 4.4 speed, only lacking size at 5'10 185.

Rosebud
12-20-2009, 03:20 PM
James Starks FTW.

broncofan7
12-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Coker definitely has the talent but the several drug test he's failed will hurt him on draft day. A team may take a chance on him late in the 7th but that's the highest I could see him.

SenorGato
12-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Donovan Warren - Really like this CB prospect.

Vince Oghobaase - Mediocre senior year has many people forgetting he's going to be a really good pro.

Kam Chancellor - Same as Oghobaase. Awesome size.

John Jerry - Big, big SEC road grader on the OL.

Eric Olsen - Solid OL from ND.

Colin Peek - Like John Phillips or Kevin Boss he'll be a solid late, late TE pickup.

Anthony McCoy - IMO the best TE propsect in this draft.

Antonio Coleman - Like Oghobaase and Chancellor, got his hype as an underclassmen and since has been forgotten for shinier, newer, younger toys.

Ben Tate - Reminds me alot of Thomas Jones.

Keiland Williams - Fresh legged RB with size, power, and speed. Will be a steal.

Priest is a really good call.

JFLO
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Ben Tate RB Auburn - I'm not sold on him being a starter at the next level but a consistent contributor nonetheless.

Keith Toston RB Oklahoma State - Based more on potential, but he has the ability to be a great back at the next level.

Jon Asamoah OG Illinois - Iupati has a better future ahead of him (from a prospective standpoint) but Asamoah has the ability to pull and lock down his opponent very well. A definite starter at the next level.

Mike Neal DT Purdue - Very versatile and tenacious, will be a steal to whichever team selects him.

Daryl Washington ILB Texas Christian - Has the ability of a 1st round pick but won't be selected due to lack of exposure.

Nolan Carrol CB Maryland - Lacks the preferred mental aspect of the game but if coached well, he can be an excellent corner at the next level, Pro-Bowl type.

Those are just seniors...

fischbowl
12-20-2009, 04:30 PM
James Starks FTW.

Cnrc_r69B2A

Naaman for the ultimate win however

goblue8888
12-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Brandon Minor is the michigan RB to watch. He is a great talent but is made of glass. If he can stay healthy, he can be a starter in the nfl. Carlos Brown has speed and that is about it.

Mr.KnowItAll
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Brandon Minor is the michigan RB to watch. He is a great talent but is made of glass. If he can stay healthy, he can be a starter in the nfl. Carlos Brown has speed and that is about it.

I thought Carlos Brown improved alot this year in his limited time he played. Although he never played To the level he should've. He averaged almost 6 yards a carry. He also has pretty good size to go along with that speed, I could see him at 215lbs and keep his speed. Will do great at the combine.

ElectricEye
12-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Ben Tate- There's two guys that could be extremely productive backs after round one this year. Tate is one of them. Really good, balanced back.

Montario Hardesty- The other back who I think could be extremely productive in the NFL after the first round. Again, even balance between speed and power, runs hard all the time, and is capable of really getting pumped carries.

Anthony McCoy- He was stuck behind a few people early in his career, but 20 yards a catch as a Pac 10 tight end is nothing to sneeze at. He's got a good size/athleticism combo going for him too. Blocks pretty well.

Ed Dickson- Possibly my favorite tight end prospect in the draft. Big, natural receiver with good speed. Doesn't always block well, but he's a potential starter for his receiving abilities.

Riley Cooper- Had the speed to get behind SEC defenses and has really good size at 6'3 215. His hands don't always wow me, but he still has a lot of upside. Reminds me of Sam Aiken a lot from a physical perspective.

Vladimir Ducasse- I think he has enough athleticism to stick as a RT in the NFL. I've seen quite a bit of him recently. Absolute mauler in the run game. Early second round talent.

Brandon Deaderick- Potential rotational player, maybe a starter, in a 3-4 defense. Not a guy who will wow you, but he's effective at stuffing the run and has the size and skillset to play 3-4 DE.

Arthur Jones- Perhaps the most criminally underrated player in the draft. He battled through injuries this year, but last year he was easily one of the top defensive tackles in his class. He's really good at getting into the backfield. First round talent, in my opinion.

STsACE
12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought Carlos Brown improved alot this year in his limited time he played. Although he never played To the level he should've. He averaged almost 6 yards a carry. He also has pretty good size to go along with that speed, I could see him at 215lbs and keep his speed. Will do great at the combine.

I thought he had a lot of minor injuries to deal with and they just really never healed. I really thought he was going to be the standout RB the Wolverines used this year to make up for the young QBs.

I could really see him as a very good change of pace back at the next level.

Brandon Minor was injury prone as well and didn't live up to the hype that was expected out of him this year. We really could've used that bruising downhill running style out of him all year. If Brown and Minor stayed healthy the entire year, I think they'd be gearing up for a bowl game right now.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Arthur Jones- Perhaps the most criminally underrated player in the draft. He battled through injuries this year, but last year he was easily one of the top defensive tackles in his class. He's really good at getting into the backfield. First round talent, in my opinion.

Most had Jones as a first rounder before his injury and many still do.

ElectricEye
12-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Most had Jones as a first rounder before his injury and many still do.

Haven't seen him there lately, and even still, he doesn't get the attention his talent demands. He played like a top fifteen player last year, not a fringe first rounder like most have him.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I feel the same way you feel about Jones about Brian Price.

ElectricEye
12-20-2009, 10:42 PM
I feel the same way you feel about Jones about Brian Price.

I feel the same way about Brian Price too. I was just going on Seniors. If we include underclassmen, Price is underrated and under the radar more so than Arthur Jones even.

billsfootball15
12-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Namaan and Starks! Buffalo FTW!

GhostDeini
12-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Jason Fox.

DiG
12-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Kyle Calloway, OT, Iowa - Named to the All Big Ten Second Team this year and often overshadowed by teammate Bryan Bulaga. Awesome RT prospect in his own right and should move up boards by draft time. Hes a really strong tough player and attacks well.

Ed Wang, OT, UVA - Selected to the Second Team All-Atlantic Coast Conference this year. At 6'5, 309 lbs, he has a 31-inch vertical jump, a 340 lbs clean, and runs the 40-yard dash supposedly in 4.97 seconds. He has had some issues with penalties this year but as a blocker he has a ton of potential.

Vai Taua, RB, Nevada - Vai could very well end up declaring for the draft after being ruled academically ineligible for Nevadas bowl game this year but hes rarely talked about. Hes had two very impressive back to back seasons with 2860 yards and 25 touchdowns while averaging 7.0 ypc.

Rusty Smith, QB, Florida Atlantic - On pace for his third straight huge year before his injury took him out for the second half of his senior season. He has tremendous size and throws a tight ball. Could shine if hes ready for the combine.

Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson - Big time playmaker that could be an immediate threat in the slot position as well as return game ala Percy Harvin. I definitely think he has the tools to be a better NFL player than collegiate.

Darryl Sharpton, ILB, Miami - He's had a pretty good senior season with a few games where he has really shined. The bowl game against Wisconsin will play a huge part in his draft stock but expect to see him move up boards. He won the MVP award for the team recently and has quietly put together a strong NFL campaign.

RealityCheck
12-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Naaman Roosevelt, Brandon Deaderick, Alex Carrington and Vladimir Ducasse, from the top of my mouth.

Unbiased
12-21-2009, 09:38 AM
He's a junior, but I have no idea why no one's talking about Ryan Kerrigan.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Naaman!!!!!

Peek is also underrated.

SickwithIt1010
12-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson - Big time playmaker that could be an immediate threat in the slot position as well as return game ala Percy Harvin. I definitely think he has the tools to be a better NFL player than collegiate.

I agree with this.

Also think that a guy who could have a good career in the NFL is a guy like Josh Pinkard from USC. He is a little bit older, hes a 6th year senior due to injuries, but he has the ability to play either corner or safety. Just a good football player in general, and i think he will be a good pick up late in the draft.

eagles6606
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Jarret Brown: A big Qb who has lads of potential. A big arm, great mobility, and decent accuracy. Only a 1 year starter and has some work to do.
Jacoby Ford: A guy who can contribute immediatley in the slot and the return game. Talented athlete.
Dennis Pita: A very smaart kid who is going to be a good pass catching tight end.
Ricky Sapp: He is an incredible athlete, who may be the best pass rushing 3-4 OLB in the entire draft.
Sean Weatherspoon: He may not be great in one area, but overall he is an excellent player.

broncofan7
12-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Jermaine Cunningham- Has been overshadowed by all the Carlos Dunlap, Cunningham should be a great fit for a 3-4 defense as a rush linebacker. He has a good first step, and is very athletic. He hustles on almost every play, and has the attitude you want on your team. Although it wouldn't hurt if he added a bulk to his frame. Still I think he can have success. As of right now he looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick.

murdamal86
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm onboard with everybody with Colin Peek.

CC.SD
12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Stafon Johnson. If someone actually gives him a chance in the 7th or as an UDFA coming off this freak occurrence and gives him some time to recover, that is a value pick and a half right there.

It's bizarre that he declared but I can only think that a) he wasn't sure he'd have a spot in the rotation for the Trojans next year and b) a team promised they'd give him a chance if he declared. Yes these communications happen.

JFLO
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Jermaine Cunningham- Has been overshadowed by all the Carlos Dunlap, Cunningham should be a great fit for a 3-4 defense as a rush linebacker. He has a good first step, and is very athletic. He hustles on almost every play, and has the attitude you want on your team. Although it wouldn't hurt if he added a bulk to his frame. Still I think he can have success. As of right now he looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick.

This.

Jermaine Cunningham has been one of the most underrated defenders in the nation, let alone the draft. He obviously doesn't have the elite vitals that Dunlap possesses, but his game speaks for itself on the field.

foozball
12-21-2009, 06:59 PM
CB Brian Jackson from Oklahoma

cajuncorey
12-21-2009, 09:49 PM
George Selvie- unreal sophmore campaign and then just fell off the face of the earth. hes got a chip on his shoulder and i believe with the explosiveness he has that he can be a great pass rusher in the NFL

holt_bruce81
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm a big Dan LeFevour fan. Winner, lots of experience, good(not great) arm, quick release, athletic enough to make plays with his legs.

Might take 2-3 years of sitting on the bench, but I think Lefevour could become a solid NFL player in the future.

Iamcanadian
12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm a big Dan LeFevour fan. Winner, lots of experience, good(not great) arm, quick release, athletic enough to make plays with his legs.

Might take 2-3 years of sitting on the bench, but I think Lefevour could become a solid NFL player in the future.

Sorry but he has a noodle for an arm. Little pro potential as a QB there.

holt_bruce81
12-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Sorry but he has a noodle for an arm. Little pro potential as a QB there.

I certainly wouldn't say it's a noodle arm.

ElectricEye
12-22-2009, 01:01 AM
I certainly wouldn't say it's a noodle arm.

Coming from someone who is usually a major advocate for average armed quarterbacks, LeFevour has a noodle arm. He can't drive the ball past 25 yards.

jimbo
12-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama - Gets over-shadowed by Javier Arenas because of Arenas' ST play, but Jackson is far-and-away the better corner.