PDA

View Full Version : Iowa DE Adrian Clayborn will stay at Iowa for Senior season

HawkeyeFan
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Adrian Clayborn says he'll be back in 2010. His decision. NFL can wait.

According to HawkeyeInsider.

He'll be a Top 15 pick next year.

RealityCheck
12-21-2009, 12:01 PM
The best thing to do, this DE class is crowded. I hope Romeus and Heyward stay too.

D-Unit
12-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Damn. I love Clayborn. Favorite 3-4 DE prospect in the draft.

HawkeyeFan
12-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Damn. I love Clayborn. Favorite 3-4 DE prospect in the draft.
Personally I love Clayborn as well and love that he's a RE. I would have loved to grab him this year, move Chris Long to LE, place Clayborn at RE and we got a decent start. We could also have grabbed Suh in R1 and had a potentially beast line.

RE Clayborn, DT Clifton Ryan, DT Suh, LE Chris Long.

As an Iowa fan, I love Clayborn coming back!

D-Unit
12-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah, well he's a sensational player. I hope he has a better season next year, because he had one heck of a junior year and I'd hate for scouts to see him regress.

What does the Hawkeye Insider have to say about Spivey. He's a CB that I hope the Cowboys could snake in Round 2.

Babylon
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Personally I love Clayborn as well and love that he's a RE. I would have loved to grab him this year, move Chris Long to LE, place Clayborn at RE and we got a decent start. We could also have grabbed Suh in R1 and had a potentially beast line.

Giving up on Adam Carriker there? I would have drafted Suh and play him and Carriker at end in a 3-4 and move Chris Long to a 3-4 olb. Of course you need linbackers to play that 3-4 so the help wanted sign would be out there for that position.

HawkeyeFan
12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, well he's a sensational player. I hope he has a better season next year, because he had one heck of a junior year and I'd hate for scouts to see him regress.

What does the Hawkeye Insider have to say about Spivey. He's a CB that I hope the Cowboys could snake in Round 2.
We haven't heard anything on Amari Spievey. I can imagine him coming back. This team isn't far from a National Championship. Jewel Hampton will be back next year ( who a lot of us Hawkeye fans think will put up better numbers than Shonn Greene ). And our WRs will be sick next year. Stanzi will win.

Giving up on Adam Carriker there? I would have drafted Suh and play him and Carriker at end in a 3-4 and move Chris Long to a 3-4 olb. Of course you need linbackers to play that 3-4 so the help wanted sign would be out there for that position.

Not QUITE yet. Although I'm losing confidence in him. If Spagnuolo can't help him, no one can.

Unbiased
12-21-2009, 03:56 PM

I know this is hypothetical, but how could you get Suh AND Clayborn had Clayborn entered the draft?

Day One Pick
12-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Good move on his part. At this point he would have been a mid 2nd round pick at best. Just too much talent ahead of him. He can significantly move up next year.

HawkeyeFan
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I know this is hypothetical, but how could you get Suh AND Clayborn had Clayborn entered the draft?
First and second round :)

JhawkFitness
12-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Good to hear he made the right decision. The defensive line will arguably be one of the best in the nation.

? for Hawkeye fans, whatever happened to Andy Brodell? Wasn't he supposed to be a SR this past season? I never saw him on the field.

iowatreat54
12-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Good to hear he made the right decision. The defensive line will arguably be one of the best in the nation.

? for Hawkeye fans, whatever happened to Andy Brodell? Wasn't he supposed to be a SR this past season? I never saw him on the field.

He was a Senior last season.