PDA

View Full Version : Dan Williams...this year's Robert Ayers?

foozball
12-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Robert Ayers seemingly shot out of nowhere and moved from the 4th round...to the 3rd...then the 2nd...and finally the 1st round. Is the same thing happening to Dan Williams? He started the year as a mid rounder and has steadily moved up throughout the season. If he puts up a good combine and all star game, he could solidify himself as a 1st rounder.

So how good is Dan Williams? Is he worth a 1st? Scouting report?

Babylon
12-22-2009, 10:39 PM
i'd say Derrick Morgan is this years Randy Ayers.

Cigaro
12-22-2009, 10:43 PM
In terms of draft stock, yep.

CashmoneyDrew
12-22-2009, 10:44 PM
I should be Robert Ayers and Dan Williams' agent. :)

Yes, Dan Williams is worth a 20 something first rounder IMO, with the possibility of moving up depending on what juniors declare and workouts.

Like I've said since his sophomore year, Dan Williams is the next great UT defensive tackle.

scar988
12-22-2009, 11:02 PM

um, no. Everyone had Morgan as a guy who would be a 1st rounder whenever he decided to come out whether it be 2011 or 2010.

NIN1984
12-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Dan Williams will be this years Ron Brace, Brace was a early 2nd round pick but a lot of draftniks had him getting into the first round. Its still way too early to know for sure but Williams has the potential to be a first round pick, no doubt.

Hawk
12-22-2009, 11:42 PM

Who's Randy Ayers? His brother? Father? Illegitimate son?

BigBanger
12-22-2009, 11:46 PM
um, no. Everyone had Morgan as a guy who would be a 1st rounder whenever he decided to come out whether it be 2011 or 2010.
Actually, people didn't even know who he was at the start of the year. I made a post during his Clemson game after he got two sacks in like the first QT and said he was a future first round draft pick (because every DE prospect mentioned in that ******** thread was a top 20 draft pick). Then he got unrealistic comparisons to Justin Tuck recently by people that really don't know what the **** they're talking about.

The comparisons to everyone involved are so stupid, I honestly can't believe people wasted their worthless time replying to it.

TitanHope
12-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Williams has made his name and increased his stock from his play during the season, and Ayers increased his from offseason workouts and the senior bowl game/practices.

So I disagree. The only comparisons are they're both DL's from UT.

Dan Williams will be this years Ron Brace, Brace was a early 2nd round pick but a lot of draftniks had him getting into the first round. Its still way too early to know for sure but Williams has the potential to be a first round pick, no doubt.

I actually think Williams is a much better player than Brace, who was strictly a 2-gap player. I think Williams can play in a 1-gap scheme, so as a prospect I put him inbetween Raji and Brace.

jimbo
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
lol, how is Derrick Morgan this year's Robert Ayers? Morgan actually had the college statistics to back up his high ranking, and was thought of as a 1-2 round pick before this season.

Rosebud
12-27-2009, 04:48 PM
If Taylor Mays doesn't fall to the giants I want Dan Williams in the first.

Staubach12
12-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Eh, I kind of think people are behind if they're just now moving Williams to the top rounds of the draft. He's been a fantastic player his entire career and especially this year. He's big but quick and disruptive. That's good news for teams of any system. He's going to go high.

Cicero
12-28-2009, 04:19 AM
This year's player who lacks production and gets taken way higher then he deserves to? No, I don't think that's him.

descendency
12-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Dan Williams = Tyson Jackson.

Don't be shocked if he's in Pittsburgh next season as they will *likely* let Casey Hampton walk (lots of reasons).

JFLO
12-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Yea, I have to dog on whoever said Derrick Morgan is this year's Robert Ayers. It may be for the fact that I've been a fan of his since the beginning of the season, but he has been a projected 1st rounder all season long.

On Dan Williams, I'm really starting to buy into this guys game. His lower body is just monstrous. I'm not sure if he is a 3-down guy though, which is sort of a negative aspect of his game. Also, his pass rushing abilites will be more limited at the next level than they are with Tennessee.

At this point, he is a fringe first round value, but he is the type of player that could end up being a Top 20 pick or a 3rd round pick in April. We'll just have to see how it plays out from the end of the season.

RealityCheck
12-28-2009, 08:42 AM
This guy said it all.

Remember Duane Brown in 2008? I'm pretty sure many people had him as a late round pick in December/January. And then he went 28th overall.

Hines
12-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Dan Williams = Tyson Jackson.

Don't be shocked if he's in Pittsburgh next season as they will *likely* let Casey Hampton walk (lots of reasons).

Williams and Cody would be great in Pittsburgh if Haden or Mays aren't on the board. The Steelers will likely franchise Hampton to let their rookie develop. No Steeler defensive rookie gets a lot of playing time unless a freak injury happens. I think Hampton stays.

regoob2
12-28-2009, 08:16 PM
delete wrong thread

diabsoule
12-29-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't care where he goes in the draft, I just want the Saints to end up with him.