PDA

View Full Version : Far Fetched but it would improve the passing game

ChefMike
03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Ok here goes...

Trade our 1st and Derrick Mason to Oakland for Randy Moss and Robert Gallery
This gives us a veteran Deep Threat to compliment Mark Clayton better and gives us a behemoth OT to play opposite JO this year to give Adam Terry another year to be JO's understudy. Gallery should never have been put at LT in Oakland he has sinces been moved to RT and become a better player. Moss would have the QB that could get him the ball and he would have the chance to win a ring.. I think this would put us as a real threat on offense with a explosive running game now with Willis McGhee and a possesion and deep threat passing game. With a defense that can get us the ball we could be controlling the ball for over 60-70% of the game with a lineup like that !!!

go_ravens94
03-12-2007, 01:17 PM
The plan is far-fetched but could become a reality. The question is, do we want another "personality" after the meltdown in '05?

Mason is a good reciever, and will be phased out as Clayton and DWill develop into the future Randy Moss's of the league. Also, we need to keep draft picks, not give them away.

ChefMike
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Well the only far fetched part would be a salary cap part... we would have to restructure Moss and Gallery, which "personality meltdown" are you talking about in 05 ? But giving away our 1st this year for Gallery essentially and trading Mason for Moss straight up is not a bad upgrade in my opinion and DWill is not ready to step up to the 2nd spot yet I think he needs another year (and I don't think anyone will ever mistake DWill for Randy Moss ?! one could argue he is one of the best recievers ever, his attitude speaks one way but his results speak to another ) and once Boller takes over for McNair next season you'll see a larger emphasis on the passing game and to have a 3 reciever set of Clayton DWill and Moss as our deep threat/Veteran would be an enviting option to me...plus working under Billick again I think would not make Moss a crazy personality, when he was under him in Minnesota he wasnt crazy and acting like a child.

jkpigskin
03-12-2007, 01:39 PM
i wouldnt want to do that.....

gallery is a BUST and has a huge contract due to him being a top3 pick...

we dont need moss' attitude

BigDawg819
03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Why do people always seem to want players who are busts with their current teams and players that HAD great years in the past but haven't done anything and the last few years. We build through the draft, well except for the McGahee trade which I am still upset at the compensation, and will continue to do that and not take flyers on retreads and trade away our future, again except for the McGahee trade....HOW DO YOU GIVE UP 2 3RD PICKS WITH OUR SCOUTING STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!! So yeah I don't see a need for this trade.

Bohleive
03-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Why do people think we need a WR? I think our WR's are fine, in fact a lot better than fine. The way to upgrade our passing game is with better QB play, whether that comes from McNair,as I hope it will this season, or Boller, I don't care.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-12-2007, 05:25 PM
we've already given up 2 3rd rounders and a 2nd round pick. We cant afford tot give up our 1st round pick to a WR who doesn't even try and an below average OT. Also given up a 4th.

jkpigskin
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
we've already given up 2 3rd rounders and a 2nd round pick. We cant afford tot give up our 1st round pick to a WR who doesn't even try and an below average OT. Also given up a 4th.

where did our 2nd go???

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
where did our 2nd go???

whoops my bad, well we still gave up 2 3rd rounders and 4th rounder.

dcarey20
03-12-2007, 09:08 PM
ew no. give up our first rounder. i have no interest in moss and they are only asking a 3rd for him. gallery is complete garbage. he's not even close to adam terry.