PDA

View Full Version : East / West Shrine Game Rosters

Scott Wright
12-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Just saw that the East / West Shrine Game released their rosters.

Obviously it will change a bit between now and the game but still a fun read!

2010 East / West Shrine Game
http://www.shrinegame.com/

superman8456
12-23-2009, 10:38 AM
West has a pretty stacked defense.

Brent
12-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

This is all well and dandy, but I am far more interested to see who is going to the Senior Bowl.

YotoJets007
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I must be overlooked anywhere in that site. How many E/W prospects were selected in the first round? I dont recall that many and yet they have Arthur Jones and Jerry Hughes on the rosters. Just wondering.

brat316
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Jerry Hughes probably will be invited to the Senior bowl, and he'll leave the E/W game.

jballa838
12-23-2009, 12:24 PM
West players I am going to watch:
Emmanuel Sanders WR, SMU
Chris Brown RB, Oklahoma
Syd'Quan Thompson CB, Cal
Darrell Stuckey S, Kansas
Jan Jorgenson DE, BYU

East Players I am going to watch:
Ali Villanueva TE, Army. He's like 6'10, but if i am not mistaken he has to spend two years on service after college. Intriguing regardless.
Freddie Barnes WR, Bowling Green. His stats were sick this year, but i honestly haven't ever seen him play.
Dan Lefevour QB, CMU. Can he bring his production and leadership to the pro's? Underrated arm strength in my eyes, but his mustache is top 3 in this years draft.
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah DB IUP. Scott has me intrigued by him. Should be nice to see him play.
Vince Oghobaase DL, Duke.
Andre Dixon RB, UCONN.
Brandon Minor RB, Michigan.
Stephen Virgil DB, VT.
Jarrett Brown QB, WVU.

Mr.KnowItAll
12-23-2009, 12:45 PM
I must be overlooked anywhere in that site. How many E/W prospects were selected in the first round? I dont recall that many and yet they have Arthur Jones and Jerry Hughes on the rosters. Just wondering.

I skimmed through the list and I don't see any prospects that played in the 08 or 09 game who were drafted in the first round. Still there are great players who play in this game every year.

Cigaro
12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Ali Villanueva has to spend five years of active duty service, three of reserve. No NFL for him.

TACKLE
12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
What the hell is Jerry Hughes not doing at Senior Bowl. Hopefully he gets an invite.

Other guys I would have liked to see at Senior Bowl: Tyosn Alualu, Syd'Quan Thompson, Zane Beadles, Brandon Lang and Vince Oghobaase.

underscore
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Watch out for East TE Andrew Quarless.

YAYareaRB
12-23-2009, 02:46 PM

You ain't lyin bro

Splat
12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I think the real news is Kenny G in concert...

Shane P. Hallam
12-23-2009, 02:51 PM
This will change a lot. A few of these guys may actually be headed to the Senior Bowl, etc, and may not do it. But great early indication, some good mid-late round prospects (and even higher!) that will be fun to watch.

trojanbrutha
12-23-2009, 07:59 PM
What the hell is Jerry Hughes not doing at Senior Bowl. Hopefully he gets an invite.

Other guys I would have liked to see at Senior Bowl: Tyosn Alualu, Syd'Quan Thompson, Zane Beadles, Brandon Lang and Vince Oghobaase.

He will be there...

mini
12-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Emanuel Sanders will be exciting to watch

scottyboy
12-23-2009, 10:36 PM
excellent, Haslaam got an invite. Watch him. He could sneak into being drafted. Solid RT who struggles at times in pass protection but is a monster run blocker.

phlysac
12-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah DB IUP. Scott has me intrigued by him. Should be nice to see him play.

You'll have to wait till the preseason because he's injured and won't play in any postseason games.

SenorGato
12-23-2009, 10:51 PM
East:

Vince Oghobaase
C.J. Wilson
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Mike Neal
Kevin Haslam
Devin McCourty
Brandon Lang
Cameron Sheffield
Lindsey Witten
Kyle Calloway

Few other guys, but those stand out.

West:

Dexter Davis
Jeffery Fitzgerald
Ekom Udofia
Jerry Hughes
Tyson Alualu
Darrell Stuckey
Larry Asante

scottyboy
12-23-2009, 10:52 PM
dammit, how did I miss Mccourty's name on the roster?!?
He was hands down my favorite player this year for Rutgers. I expect him to put on a show.
Question: How many who play in the E/W game play in the Senior Bowl? Does that not happen?

phlysac
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
He was hands down my favorite player this year for Rutgers. I expect him to put on a show.
Question: How many who play in the E/W game play in the Senior Bowl? Does that not happen?

It happens, but rarely. I may be wrong but I believe that's when DRC started to wow people was that he excelled two weeks in around against other top-notch prospects.

Giantsfan1080
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
McCourty should be in the Senior Bowl.

Jonny
12-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Haslam is an awful run blocker. He has the feet for left tackle but makes more mistakes than any other player I can remember, that's why he gave up so many sacks.

scottyboy
12-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Haslam is an awful run blocker. He has the feet for left tackle but makes more mistakes than any other player I can remember, that's why he gave up so many sacks.

ehhh I think you're off on this one Jonny. His run blocking skills are very nice and he's strong. He just gets lost too much. Not very aware or smart.

Hines
12-24-2009, 11:10 PM

You don't like Sanu?

Good to see AQ in this game. He has come up big this season and I hope he is finally maturing into the player he was suppose to be.

StorminNorman
12-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Will you be covering the game, Scott?

holt_bruce81
12-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Looking forward to watching a lot of guys in this game. Should be awesome.

When does the Senior Bowl announce their roster? I know we have a thread on it, just wondering whats the likely hood of Sean Weatherspoon and Danario Alexander getting an invite.

critesy
12-25-2009, 05:42 PM
two canadians and one guy i went to high school with are supposedly playing in this game but are not on the official rosters??

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/cfl/news?slug=capress-fbo_east_west_shrine_cdns-214678429&prov=capress&type=lgns

kjaeh
02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
ehhh I think you're off on this one Jonny. His run blocking skills are very nice and he's strong. He just gets lost too much. Not very aware or smart.

Interesting thoughts. In regard to Haslam giving up sacks. He gave up 4 this year. Only two were legit. I believe he and Davis gave up the fewest sacks on Rutgers this year.

Run blocking- better then you realize. Actually it is considered a strength. Most run blocking woes on the RU line came from the interior as well as no help from FB, TE and WR's.
* A few interesting stats that most people dont follow for OL...2008 and 2009 The BE leader both years for Key blocks(pancakes), blocks downfield and blocks that result in a TD...Haslam. There is a reason he has gone from a possible FA to mid round talk in just a year.

Not aware or smart???????????? Now that is a first. He is the leader on the line and the most aware and smart. Another absolute strength. If and when Coach Flood and or Coach Schiano is asked about Haslam, the first comments are about his game smarts, leadership, awareness. Next comes his skills and the hardest worker on the team.