PDA

View Full Version : Week 16 Packers-Seahawks

Whistler6
12-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Well, I guess we have atleast one story line to follow heading in to this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/23/aaron-rodgers-claims-darryl-tapp-bit-him/

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers claims that Darryl Tapp bit him last year.

"Yeah, he bit me through my long sleeve that I was wearing," Rodgers said Wednesday, per Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "There wasn't a whole lot of words spoken. I looked down and my arm was hurt and it felt like a bee sting. I was looking down and he was biting my arm so I had to get his teeth off my shoulder.

...Not that they need any extra motivation with the playoffs looming, but it's interesting nonetheless.

cvv84
12-23-2009, 08:12 PM
This game is a MUST win. I'd love to win out to ensure a playoff bearth but we need to win this one to put the pressure on the Giants.

XxXdragonXxX
12-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Not to call Rodgers a liar or anything....but...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/80007692.html

The play in question, Tapp has a full cage helmet with his chinstrap buckled tight and a mouthguard in. Somehow I just dont think Tapp bit him.

SINCE1978
12-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Well ... outside of the Tapp/Rodgers stuff anything else exciting about this game? My dad & I are flying in from Detroit for a first time to Lambeau Field trip! Looking forward to the frozen tundra part (borrowed some Carhart's to fit in) and will look forward to visiting several local establishments in GB.
Go Pack ... I hope you do make the play offs!

By the way what are the local GB hot spots? Hook a brotha up ;o)

cvv84
12-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Well ... outside of the Tapp/Rodgers stuff anything else exciting about this game? My dad & I are flying in from Detroit for a first time to Lambeau Field trip! Looking forward to the frozen tundra part (borrowed some Carhart's to fit in) and will look forward to visiting several local establishments in GB.
Go Pack ... I hope you do make the play offs!

Usually The Bar (actual name) or the Stadium View Bar are good places to go right around the stadium. Brett Favre's Steakhouse if you want a nice dinner and are staying in proximity to the stadium. There's a Hooters in the neighborhood or the Tilted Kilt which is kinda the same thing but more of an irish pub setting.

I'm from Appleton which is like 30 minutes from Green Bay so maybe someone who lives there can give you a better idea of where to go.

Whistler6
12-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah I'm from Oshkosh, so I couldn't tell you the best local spots, but I do know no matter who the Packers are playing...Just going to a Packer game in the snow is an experience in and of itself.

As far as other "exciting" storylines I guess there's the 2 playoff games Green bay beat Seattle in the past couple years. Hasselback going from back up here to starter in Seattle then saying "we want the ball, we're gonna score" in OT are always some things I (love to) remember when the two teams meet up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE

Never gets old.

cvv84
12-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Ryan Grant's big fumble to start divisional round of the playoffs against the Seahawks followed by his 200 yards rushing in that game was another moment to remember for me.

princefielder28
12-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Now that I'm home from school I can go to a game, yay! Too bad the Seahawks have been struggling but at least it could be a playoff clinching game

Whistler6
12-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Ryan Grant's big fumble to start divisional round of the playoffs against the Seahawks followed by his 200 yards rushing in that game was another moment to remember for me.

I worked in a concession stand for that game to raise money for our Rugby club's road trip the following summer... I nearly called in a bomb threat when the Packers were down 14-0.

It's damn near impossible to serve a brat with a smile when you think your team's season is over in the 1st quarter of a playoff game. Whewwww.

TitleTown088
12-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers claims that Darryl Tapp bit him last year.

Tapp= one Lucky guy.

Not to call Rodgers a liar or anything....but...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/80007692.html

The play in question, Tapp has a full cage helmet with his chinstrap buckled tight and a mouthguard in. Somehow I just dont think Tapp bit him.
Look at the pics, it obviously happened.

TitleTown088
12-24-2009, 02:41 AM

http://www.titletownbrewing.com/

Jim Jim
12-24-2009, 03:29 AM
We should be able to pull this one out.

XxXdragonXxX
12-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Tapp= one Lucky guy.

Look at the pics, it obviously happened.

I did look at the pics. It would be physically impossible for Tapp to bite him through all that protective gear. All I see is Rodgers getting pissed about something and shoving his head into the turf. Maybe he got pinched or something, but a bite? No way.

cvv84
12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
I did look at the pics. It would be physically impossible for Tapp to bite him through all that protective gear. All I see is Rodgers getting pissed about something and shoving his head into the turf. Maybe he got pinched or something, but a bite? No way.

His arm could've gotten into the facemask, its not impossible. I still think its a pinch but really who gives a flying ****? Its a slow news week during a holiday.

princefielder28
12-24-2009, 12:21 PM
http://www.titletownbrewing.com/

If you're looking for something close to the stadium then this isn't the greatest option, seeing as it's a little drive from the stadium

If you go along Holmgren Way, you'll find something good

tjsunstein
12-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Aaron Rodgers doesn't feel pain. Just annoyances.

I'm going with option B, Alex. Tapp's facemask pinched him.

TitleTown088
12-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Aaron Rodgers doesn't feel pain. Just annoyances.

I'm going with option B, Alex. Tapp's facemask pinched him.

Rodgers said he had Tapp's bite mark in his arm and had to pry his mouth off of his arm while he was biting him. That's not something you make up? He bit him.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/2009_non_game/video_20091223__41d13d51c0fc__065ee744b4a6/

Whistler6
12-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Rodgers said he had Tapp's bite mark in his arm and had to pry his mouth off of his arm while he was biting him. That's not something you make up? He bit him.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/2009_non_game/video_20091223__41d13d51c0fc__065ee744b4a6/

Stuff like that happens all the time...I don't think Rodgers cares all that much, and I'm guessing he is more focused on winning and getting his team to the playoffs. Still, I remember the game and seeing Rodgers shove his face down and rubbing his arm. Why would he make it up?

Either way, he's not Albert Haynesworth. I'll let Tapp bite me anywhere he wants if it means the Packers win.

cvv84
12-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Packers win and either a Cowboys or Giants loss = playoffs

Lets take care of business boys

tjsunstein
12-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Packers win and either a Cowboys or Giants loss = playoffs

Lets take care of business boys

Cowboys play the Redskins. Longshot for a 'Boys loss but it's still December so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Our best shot is a Panthers upset vs. the Giants

Whistler6
12-25-2009, 01:45 PM
SI.com says the most likely scenario is Green Bay winning out and getting the #5 seed. If Arizona wins this week, they will most likely be able to rest starters in week 17 and won't want to show too much to Green Bay with the probability they will play 1st round.

I like the idea of winning out. Let's just do that eh? Plus, if Green Bay loses at home to Seattle, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway.

Jim Jim
12-26-2009, 01:35 PM
I think this should be an easy game as long as take it seriously. Seattle hasn't been that threatening this year, but meh, Tampa Bay was supposed to be a gimme too.

cvv84
12-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Typical Packers start. Win the toss and elect to receive. Go nowhere on 1st possession. Take a sack. Punt.

cvv84
12-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Wow on 3rd and short the Seahawks throw a pass right to Hawk. Brad Jones with nice pressure there. Phew that was a HUGE stop for us.

cvv84
12-27-2009, 12:32 PM
This is pathetic. McCarthy and Rodgers are reverting back to that phase where they're looking for the homerun strike. Take whats given and move the chains. This is a must win game and we're lucky to be up 7-0 right now with the way the offense is playing.

cvv84
12-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy. Poor tackling. Bad play calling on offense. Poor blocking. And yet we're ahead.

Trammon and Bush looking like **** today.

Rodgers over 4000 yards passing.

Jennings over 1000 yards receiving.

Ryan Grant gets his 10th rushing TD.

Driver is 21 yards away from his 6th 1000 yard season.

Barnett is 5 tackles away from 100 tackles for the season.

JF4
12-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Relax bud. They can't be perfect on every drive.

They are coming close though.

Twiddler
12-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Things are looking great now. Up 24-3 at half, and the Giants are getting whooped.

jackalope
12-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Getting some help form Carolina. Looks like we can lock up a wildcard today.

cvv84
12-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Relax bud. They can't be perfect on every drive.

They are coming close though.

No ****. Thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

jackalope
12-27-2009, 02:16 PM
How 'bout Brandon Jackson?

cvv84
12-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Matt Flynn looking pretty good. I like that we're able to get him some action today.

Classy move too giving the 4th quarter to Ahman Green. His last NFL season and his last game at Lambeau. Love to get him a TD and that final Lambeau leap.

cvv84
12-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Brad Jones! Brad Jones!

Jarius Wynn gets his hand on the punt and blocks it! Nice to see a 6th and 7th round rookies contribute like this.

johbur
12-27-2009, 02:47 PM
41-3 and the Giants getting blown out by close tot he same score. GB in the Playoffs!

Not sure what next week'll be like, but I'll be at the game and then I'm seeing if I can get tickets if the Packers coming back to AZ the week after.

princefielder28
12-27-2009, 05:05 PM
One of the most boring games I have been to at Lambeau. Yeah, I know the Packers killed 'em but it just wasn't very exciting because Seattle is sooo bad.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
One of the most boring games I have been to at Lambeau. Yeah, I know the Packers killed 'em but it just wasn't very exciting because Seattle is sooo bad.

Ah you poor thing, at least you get to go to games.

tjsunstein
12-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Playoffs. I'm very nervous about our secondary in the playoffs. Nervous to say the least.

ImBrotherCain
12-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Playoffs. I'm very nervous about our secondary in the playoffs. Nervous to say the least.

Well i feel we match up well against all the teams in the NFC but the Cards and the Saints... but we will see how we fair against the Cards next weekend

cvv84
12-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Well i feel we match up well against all the teams in the NFC but the Cards and the Saints... but we will see how we fair against the Cards next weekend

Chances are good that we might play the Cards in the playoffs so I doubt they're going to show us much.