PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Carlisle

etk
03-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Tampa Bay is showing interest in free-agent guard Cooper Carlisle, a Broncos starter the past two years. Carlisle, not expected back in Denver, also visited the Seahawks.
-- Denver Post

At the very least he is depth for Buenning with his injury history. If he could be our C that would be better. Thoughts?

Tampa 2 4 life
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
If he gets signed, if Joe Thomas isn't at 4, we're not taking an Offensive Lineman until day 2. I like the signing though.

etk
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
That's not true. We still need a C like Ryan Kalil or Satele, and we will still need a backup at RT.

Caddy
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
If he gets signed, if Joe Thomas isn't at 4, we're not taking an Offensive Lineman until day 2. I like the signing though.

Yeh, because Cooper Carlisle is just that good ;)

Tampa 2 4 life
03-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeh, because Cooper Carlisle is just that good ;)

I'm just saying we signed alot of OL and we have more pressing needs.

Caddy
03-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm just saying we signed alot of OL and we have more pressing needs.

And the last thing we need is a franchise LT ;)

Chucky
03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
petigout is not the long term answer, if the right situation arises then we will take an OL

Caddy
03-12-2007, 07:54 PM
petigout is not the long term answer, if the right situation arises then we will take an OL

Spot on the money

etk
04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Broncos free agent guard Cooper Carlisle will get some face time with the Bucs this week. He is slated to visit with team officials in Tampa, his agent said. The Bucs have targeted the offensive line as a priority in free agency, and acquiring Carlisle would be progress.
-- Tampa Tribune

Booger
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Broncos free agent guard Cooper Carlisle will get some face time with the Bucs this week. He is slated to visit with team officials in Tampa, his agent said. The Bucs have targeted the offensive line as a priority in free agency, and acquiring Carlisle would be progress.
-- Tampa Tribune

That would be a solid depth pick up, and likely eliminate the need for a day 1 OL in the draft.

etk
04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
That would be a solid depth pick up, and likely eliminate the need for a day 1 OL in the draft.

:D:D:D....

Caddy
04-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Cooper Carlisle eliminating the need to draft O-Line? That is laughable. If the right situation arises we may still take Joe Thomas.

etk
04-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, if he fell to the 2nd round. Let's face it, we addressed OLine in the draft last year, and we've done it again in free agency this year. It would be absolutely insane if we ignored our defensive needs again for another O-Lineman, I don't care who. We have an extra 2nd rounder, so that gives us a little bit of flexibility as far as drafting one in the 2nd/3rd rounds, but we need to get an instant-impact defender in the 1st, assuming CJ is unavailable.

Booger
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Cooper Carlisle eliminating the need to draft O-Line? That is laughable. If the right situation arises we may still take Joe Thomas.

I understand what you are saying, and agree that the potential addition of Carlisle would have no effect on the drafting of Joe Thomas.

I am anticipating that we will not draft Joe Thomas, regardless of any FA signings. But I do think that the Bucs will target an OL with our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. With Carlisle, the need to add a depth type player along the OL may be eliminated.

etk
04-02-2007, 04:59 PM
I understand what you are saying, and agree that the potential addition of Carlisle would have no effect on the drafting of Joe Thomas.

I am anticipating that we will not draft Joe Thomas, regardless of any FA signings. But I do think that the Bucs will target an OL with our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. With Carlisle, the need to add a depth type player along the OL may be eliminated.

We still would need a backup C, and potentially some depth at T. I think we could draft a guy we like if he falls in the 2nd/3rd, if not we will use at least 1 day 2 pick on a lineman.

Caddy
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Joe Staley sure sounds good if he slips, somehow..

Chucky
04-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Joe Staley sure sounds good if he slips, somehow..

lol there are rumours of staley going ninth

Caddy
04-03-2007, 03:04 AM
lol there are rumours of staley going ninth

Hence the 'somehow'

Merlin
04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
C/G Samson Satele - Hawaii.

Use our 2b or 3rd.

Three Step Drop
04-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Also seen rumours (might be footballs future) that the Bucs have been taking a real interest in Josh Beekman with the though of moving him to C

Watchman
04-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, if he fell to the 2nd round. Let's face it, we addressed OLine in the draft last year, and we've done it again in free agency this year. It would be absolutely insane if we ignored our defensive needs again for another O-Lineman, I don't care who. We have an extra 2nd rounder, so that gives us a little bit of flexibility as far as drafting one in the 2nd/3rd rounds, but we need to get an instant-impact defender in the 1st, assuming CJ is unavailable.

The Bucs have tried to address o-line for about 10 offseasons in a row now. Despite that it is still a weakness.

Merlin
04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
C/G Samson Satele - Hawaii.

Use our 2b or 3rd.Well...their goes that idea. http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5726

Having said that, hasn't he been done for being "on the juice"?

I hope it's for the minimum.

-black
04-03-2007, 01:30 PM
only need position on the OL for the Bucs in the entire draft is Center, especially with Cooper. WE should spend 4/5 of our draft on defense. Kalil, Sateele, Datish, Beekman, CJ, and maybe a late round RB or WR/KR are the only real options we should look at on offense in the draft(unless a guy falls well below he was projected)

Booger
04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Matt Lehr will likely be given every opportunity to start at C. Not that great of a signing, but at the very least he replaces the loss of Mahan.

Caddy
04-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Matt Lehr will likely be given every opportunity to start at C. Not that great of a signing, but at the very least he replaces the loss of Mahan.

I heard of the Lehr rumour yesterday but did not want to post about it. Quite frankly I was hoping it wasn't true. In my opinion we don't need a guy who has been suspended by the league for drug use on our team.