PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones Trade Rumor

Ronnie23
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
www.si.com NFL Rumors

With the Lack of Depth of the Buffalo Bills and the Green Bay Packers, Those 2 teams should make a push to trade for him. Maybe a 3rd ou 4th rounder ?

Thoughts ?

duckseason
03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Change the thread title.

edit- Thank you

Space Ghost
03-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I think that the Buffalo - Dallas offer was Jones to Buffalo and then swap 1st round picks, I would assume Buffalo would also pick up another selection from Dallas because I don't think that Jones is worth the 48th pick in the draft considering what we got for McGahee. If we got something else it would probably be a 4th or 3rd round pick or a future selection. I wouldn't trade our second for Jones and that is pretty much what that trade would be.

bsaza2358
03-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Based on the market value of guys like Thomas Jones and Willis McGahee, who are a little older, JJ is likely to fetch a late 3rd or a 4th rounder for his services. I'm sure he can find a home somewhere, but I'm not certain that Dallas won't just cut him. That could erode his value.

hugegmenfan
03-12-2007, 01:48 PM
haha i would want the giants to take him for a 4th round pick anyday

Sveen
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.

etk
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.

bsaza2358
03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.

How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.

Jughead10
03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.

They could still get Jones and keep Droughns. We are paying Droughns basically nothing as of now. And he could be cut next year with no cap hit. Julius is a much better fit when looking for a compliment to Jacobs. I doubt Dallas would trade him to the Giants anyway. Which probably played a part in making a move for Droughns.

hugepunch
03-12-2007, 01:54 PM
why would dallas want to trade jones to a division rival. that would be stupid.

bsaza2358
03-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Agreed. The price for Jones to the Giants would likely be a second rounder.

D-Unit
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Prediction: Julius Jones will be traded on draft day.

stephenson86
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.

because the 11 teams before them have more glaring needs than running back?

Sveen
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM

Oakland: Signed Rhodes.
Detroit: Singed Bell and Duckett.
Cleveland: Signed Lewis.
Tampa Bay: Got Williams.
Arizona: Got James. Might be looking at AD.
Washington: Got Portis and Betts.
Minnesota: Got Taylor and HC is not a fan of a 2-back system I believe.
Houston: Signed Green.
Miami: Got Brown.
Atlanta: Might pick up AD if available.
San Francisco: Got Gore.
Buffalo: Wants AD ;)

As you can see there is a pretty good chance Adrian Peterson could fall to Buffalo at #12. If they trade up before Atlanta I would say it's the most probable outcome.

PACKmanN
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Prediction: This is nothing but fake, they need the 2 back system.

hugepunch
03-12-2007, 02:09 PM

agreed but if they got a 2nd rounder for him which they probably could not. the boys could get some1 better.

princefielder28
03-12-2007, 02:11 PM

I thought the same thing when I read it

princefielder28
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM

it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2

toonsterwu
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.

D-Unit
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.

clumping platelets
03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Bills just re-signed A-Train but if Peterson were available at #12, I suspect they would draft him.

As for Julius Jones, I wouldn't give up more than a 4th..........Cowboys do not use him at the goalline for a reason

draftguru151
If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.

Send Jones and #22 to GB for #16? Maybe throw in a late rounder? Assuming Lynch is still there. Sound like an option maybe?

bsaza2358
I would assume Dallas would use Jones as a chip to move up in the draft. Obviously, they have some sort of plan here in terms of how they want the offense to run. While JJ doesn't fit their plans, he is a capable player and is still on his rookie contract.

PACKmanN
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2no he hasnt he has never proven he can take the load.

hugepunch
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.

what about bush d-unit, hes going to be a real good pro back. i see you like pittman though. kenny irons would be a good compliment too, plus him and owens would get along nicely. you see the skills challenge on espn? lol how irons was acting haha. hes funny as it gets.

duckseason
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Send Jones and #22 to GB for #16? Maybe throw in a late rounder? Assuming Lynch is still there. Sound like an option maybe?
I would puke if we did that. If we move up, it better be for Landry, Nelson, or Okoye. We can get a backup for MB3 later. If we trade Jones, it's because we like Barber as our starter.

bsaza2358
03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
It is incredibly early right now. Pretty much no one knows exactly what kind of offense the Cowboys will even have. The Jones rumors could be smoke coming from his agent, or they could be substantive. I can't say for sure. All I know is that JJ is a good RB, not a great one. He lacks some toughness, but he is capable.

D-Unit
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Last year Julius was nearly traded as the Boys tried to get into position to draft Maroney.

D-Unit
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I would puke if we did that. If we move up, it better be for Landry, Nelson, or Okoye. We can get a backup for MB3 later. If we trade Jones, it's because we like Barber as our starter.
Well, I wouldn't puke at Lynch, but I agree there are other options. What's nice is we'd jump right ahead of JAX.... right in line to steal Nelson from under them.

duckseason
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Last year Julius was nearly traded as the Boys tried to get into position to draft Maroney.
God I would have loved that. That would've been the sickest backfield in the league.

draftguru151
03-12-2007, 02:41 PM

That trade was assuming Lynch was on the board at 16 and the Boys wanted to trade to get a true #1 back.

duckseason
03-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Well, I wouldn't puke at Lynch, but I agree there are other options. What's nice is we'd jump right ahead of JAX.... right in line to steal Nelson from under them.
I just don't like the idea of giving up Julius AND our 1st just for Lynch. Especially considering some of the other guys that would be available. I'd rather just keep Julius and stay at 22.

Non_Sequitur
03-12-2007, 03:30 PM
www.si.com NFL Rumors

With the Lack of Depth of the Buffalo Bills and the Green Bay Packers, Those 2 teams should make a push to trade for him. Maybe a 3rd ou 4th rounder ?

Thoughts ?

Thomas Jones cost the 3rd pick in the 3rd round.

Willis McGahee cost the 17th pick in the 3rd round.

Julius Jones is an oft-injured finess back. He'll cost a very late 3rd at MOST.

Bradentonian
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM

I think Booker would be a great compliment to Barber

bigmac076
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM
this has been talked about all off-season, its a topic Dallas fans bring up when they get bored. Its not gonna happen.

TNewFan41
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Hell yea, REGGIE NELSON BABY!!!!!!!

TNewFan41
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
this has been talked about all off-season, its a topic Dallas fans bring up when they get bored. Its not gonna happen.

Yes it will BigMac, julius won't be a cowboy next season.

dhoe20
03-12-2007, 05:38 PM

How? What? What the hell are you talking about? That makes no sense. We traded crap for him, and on top of that Julius Jones sucks.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Oakland: Signed Rhodes.
Detroit: Singed Bell and Duckett.
Cleveland: Signed Lewis.
Tampa Bay: Got Williams.
Arizona: Got James. Might be looking at AD.
Washington: Got Portis and Betts.
Minnesota: Got Taylor and HC is not a fan of a 2-back system I believe.
Houston: Signed Green.
Miami: Got Brown.
Atlanta: Might pick up AD if available.
San Francisco: Got Gore.
Buffalo: Wants AD ;)

As you can see there is a pretty good chance Adrian Peterson could fall to Buffalo at #12. If they trade up before Atlanta I would say it's the most probable outcome.

Cleveland will pick AD. They only signed Lewis to a one year deal. The situation in Cleveland will be very similar to the one that just happened in New England. If not, Arizona will pick him as a good 1-2 punch with James, and if hell froze over and AD got past Arizona, he would make it to Atlanta, but not anywhere past there. The only way Buffalo has a chance at AD is if they trade up, but who will they trade with? It doesn't matter anyway, because AD wil go to Cleveland.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes it will BigMac, julius won't be a cowboy next season.

Once again, TNewFan41 predicts the future. Its just like one of those cheap phsychics, they tell you the future and then it never happens. All they did was rip you off of ten bucks.

gbpackers0065
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
id give a 3rd or 4th for him

hugegmenfan
03-12-2007, 06:01 PM

i actually couldnt agree more- Marion Barber cannot carry the ball 20-25x a game and they had a great mix between the 2 last year

dc4life
03-12-2007, 06:05 PM
i actually couldnt agree more- Marion Barber cannot carry the ball 20-25x a game and they had a great mix between the 2 last year

Yep, i think so too. They won't trade Julius unless they get a really good deal in their favor, which probably WONT happen. This probably all depends on draft day honestly.

bored of education
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM

WHOA, I like Pittman and Barber.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Not gonna happen. JJ is a cowboy in 07

Chucky
03-12-2007, 07:55 PM
im not sure if the cowboys would trade julius to a division rival

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
im not sure if the cowboys would trade julius to a division rival

They wouldn't especially now that the Giants got Drougns.

keylime_5
03-12-2007, 09:58 PM

I don't think their chances are that good. Houston has a 30 year old back who might have 1 or 2 decent seasons left, and they aren't gonna pass on Adrian Peterson for a guy like Landry or Branch who are clearly on a level below AD's.

Caddy
03-12-2007, 10:01 PM
If I was the Cowboys, I would keep Jones where he is. Jones and Barber III proved how effective the two of them can be together. Why fix something that isn't broken so to speak.

KILLERSANTA
03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
If I was the Cowboys, I would keep Jones where he is. Jones and Barber III proved how effective the two of them can be together. Why fix something that isn't broken so to speak.

Because Jones is Broken..He played piss poor at the end of the year...If a DB Grab his shoelace, He fall........

GREENSMACKS
03-13-2007, 01:57 AM
its pretty stupid that when everyone for the most part has filled their rb needs dallas comes out and says julius is for trade...

bigmac076
03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
absoultely, positivley the most sensible post on here!!

portermvp84
03-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Bills should give a 3rd or 4th for him, I'm not sure who their starting back is I think I saw Anthony Thomas on the the depth chart. IMO I don't he's starting material.

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2007, 12:57 PM
if we can move up for nelson or landry, jones is worth being traded....otherwise, i dont get the point of trading him for a 4th rd, he's more valuable then that....

also unlike alot of other people, im content with tyson thompson, so i dont feel like we would need another RB to split carries, i believe tyson thompson is talented enough to do what jones does all year, and get better at it

art vandelay
03-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I'd give up a 4th for him...although I'd rather wait for AD or Marshawn at #12.