PDA

View Full Version : Week 16: Dallas @ Washington

leroyisgod
12-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Win and were into the tournament. Let's get it done in convincing fashion!!!

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
God I hate the Redskins.

M.O.T.H.
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Posting to subscribe to this thing.

haha

Hopefully, we score early an often so, I dont have this tense feeling the whole night.

Sniper
12-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Newman with an early Christmas present.

thule
12-27-2009, 07:45 PM
That TD throw from Romo scared me...but glad to have the early 7. Suishams extra point scared me...not looking forward to a FG today

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 07:49 PM
WOW

That was a huge hit by Ratliff.

Paul
12-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Ratliff Smash!

M.O.T.H.
12-27-2009, 07:50 PM
lol

Sucks for Campbell.

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Hello, Garrett.

That wildcat formation is neat and all, but maybe you shouldn't make formations that only have one play, old chap.

FreshBoy!
12-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Yea...questionable call. I'm sure he'll get hammered for it...Took the wind right out of that drive.

All good, let's make up for it JG!

pocketaces
12-27-2009, 08:52 PM
News flash....Roy SUCKS

Crimson79
12-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I was totally against the Roy trade, and man does it feel good to be right about that.

Paul
12-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I was totally against the Roy trade, and man does it feel good to be right about that.

It feels good that he's hurting the team with his drops?

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah...I love being right about those kinds of things.

"Dude, I'm telling you, if you get bit by that infected monkey you will become a ZOMBIE, and I honestly can't wait for you to find out how right I am."

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
"Now, I hope I'm right about this, but I think that comet is heading right towards earth. It will kill everything."

FreshBoy!
12-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Hahhaha @ caste.

JG too smart for his own good.

"Run right at big albert....twice"

crisco0710
12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Bennett got another ball to him and was dropped again. Does he have more drops then catches this season?

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 09:29 PM
He was better off "dropping" that broken pass.

crisco0710
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM
He was better off "dropping" that broken pass.

I understand that, but I doubt he actually was thinking that.

M.O.T.H.
12-27-2009, 09:32 PM
******* A.

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 09:32 PM
It was a pointless play. I can't fault him for failing to capitalize on a terrible throw that would have gained us nothing.

FreshBoy!
12-27-2009, 09:34 PM
JG..here is where you make your money!!

GOT DAMNIT!

Supporting Caste
12-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Garrett is just a fool.

Tony Romo makes this offense go. That is all there is to it.

FreshBoy!
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Man...our offensive line gets NO PUSH!

We're better in 3rd and long, then we are 3rd and an inch...horrible.

crisco0710
12-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Newman can't make any open field tackle! Seems like thats where most of the redskins yards have came.

Paul
12-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Anyone else think a top notch returner would do wonders for this team? Crayton is decent, but he makes some punt returns a bit more adventurous then I would like.

M.O.T.H.
12-27-2009, 10:18 PM
So we're playoff bound. What a relief. Probably playing the Eagles in back to back games so this is going to get interesting. Of course a number of things could happen but, as of right now it's the Eagles.

herniateddisc
12-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Man...our offensive line gets NO PUSH!

We're better in 3rd and long, then we are 3rd and an inch...horrible.

Leonard Davis.

FreshBoy!
12-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Leonard Davis.

So the onus isn't on JG this time? Frustrating...who's to blame?
Barber? JG? The O-Line(Davis specifically?)
Boys should've been up 21+ going into the 4th. You let a playoff team hang around like that and you're asking for trouble. I mean really...short of throwing a quick slant on 3rd and 1, I don't disagree with JG's calls too much, maybe he should know better, but you have to expect to be able to pick up a yard consistently.

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Anyone else think a top notch returner would do wonders for this team? Crayton is decent, but he makes some punt returns a bit more adventurous then I would like.

YES!

I think this really needs to be addressed in the draft.

I think I remember Cribbs being free at the end of the season. Anyone else remember that?

herniateddisc
12-28-2009, 09:49 AM
So the onus isn't on JG this time? Frustrating...who's to blame?
Barber? JG? The O-Line(Davis specifically?)
Boys should've been up 21+ going into the 4th. You let a playoff team hang around like that and you're asking for trouble. I mean really...short of throwing a quick slant on 3rd and 1, I don't disagree with JG's calls too much, maybe he should know better, but you have to expect to be able to pick up a yard consistently.

My full explanation is more complicated but it starts with Davis's inability to get a push or move his feet and pull. Take a look at these short yardage stuff's -- Davis is invlolved.

In fact we run much better left than right. Kosier can move his feet and get DL out of position. Davis can not not. Just look at the play with Barber when the LB shot the gap Davis pulled left and simply wiffed on the block. Barber got hit. Everyone did their job except Davis. On the other plays when they ran behind him -- those are his for not getting push IMHO.

Now with that said, Choice is a better short yardage guy than either Barber or Felix. Choice is a one cut guy. MB and Felix shuffle their feet way too much. Reminds me a bit of the Barry Sanders v Emmitt discussion ...... give me Emmitt when you need yards in tough situations b/c without penetration he always finds a crack of seem, hits it hard and gets the inches you need. Felix and MBIII just don't do that.

Lastly, JG is an idiot for running the same plays over and over and over that don't work. I mean a play action or role out is an option you know. QB sneak. So many options but none are explored.

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Here's my take.

I think most of last night's short yardage failure is on Barber. Barber is not seeing things well so he is hesitating. I agree that Choice would be a better short yardage option because of his vision and he's slippery.

I think the OL bears some responsiblity too. They had one or two of those blocked well enough to get it, but they could have done better. I think everyone needs to give some credit to Haynesworth, too. That guy is an absolute beast. He singlehandedly blew up two of those plays.

As for Garrett, I would like to see a PA pass mixed in there, but I think you guys are being too hard on him in this situation. Look, EVERYONE in the league runs the same short yardage plays. Garrett showed confidence in his big guys and they didn't execute for him. I would have liked for him to use one or two of those plays and use play action pass and the same could be said for the SD game. But I think it's cheap to question him trusting his guys; they just didn't come through for him.

I think they need to mix in a rollout or something like that in short yardage. Romo's good at putting pressure on the defense in those situations and frankly, he's our best offensive player so I want the ball in his hands, period.

FreshBoy!
12-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Here's my take.

As for Garrett, I would like to see a PA pass mixed in there, but I think you guys are being too hard on him in this situation. Look, EVERYONE in the league runs the same short yardage plays. Garrett showed confidence in his big guys and they didn't execute for him. I would have liked for him to use one or two of those plays and use play action pass and the same could be said for the SD game. But I think it's cheap to question him trusting his guys; they just didn't come through for him.

I think the only thing to fault JG for is his failure to mix it up previously in the season. On every 3rd/4th and short I knew exactly what they were doing...and I don't have any coach's tape. LOL, so I know the DC's studying game film have enough knowledge to know what's coming. If he would've mixed in a PA, sweep, quick slant previously in the season the defense wouldn't be so quick to play the run in that situation. Otherwise...I think JG has been on point as of late, and I've been his biggest defender recently.

With that being said...Felix/Choice need more carries. Especially Choice out of a traditional set...The razorback doesn't take advantage of his running style, and it looks like our best back isn't being utilized in those situations.

We need the old Barber back!

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Yep, more Choice!

And I agree; questioning play calling is cheap second guessing. Football is really a pretty simple game. I think the 'predicability' thing is overblown, too. It's really not that hard with the amount of film study these teams do for teams to know what offenses are going to run much of the time. It comes down to execution.

Having said that, I do think this offense could use more PA pass and a few more rollouts. And I would like to see us spread things out a bit in short yardage. We could still use our 2 TE set and still spread the defense out a bit.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Has anyone gone beyond criticizing just the call of a run? Sure, the choice to run the ball on short yardage situations is a good one. But does that take Garrett off the hook? What about the type of run play called? What about the designed play of the run? Is it really the best run play to hand the ball off to Barber 7 yards behind the LOS when all you need is 1?

How do you blame a RB when he goes where the play is designed to go, but there is no where for him to run?

Barber is so good on cut backs and making gains outside of the designed call, but no one recognizes or appreciates that anymore. You just see what's in front of your eyes, and don't bother to break it down further. The grass isn't always greener on the other side folks. Sometimes, you miss what you had right in front of you. Let's not be quick to bash a guy like Barber who exemplifies the heart and warrior-like identity that I wish all our players to have.

Share the ball more? Sure. Trade Barber? GTFO.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 01:18 PM
This offense needs a deep threat at WR. I'm still disappointed that we still don't take more shots downfield. A part of me wonders if it's just inability with our current personnel but is it purely play calling? Is it the 2 TE set formation? Are they afraid of Romo throwing picks on deep balls? They wanna keep him more under control? I dunno. Fact is... we don't take downfield shots.

Sniper
12-28-2009, 01:21 PM
This offense needs a deep threat at WR.

What do you consider Austin? 16.6 ypc, 20 20+ yard plays (3rd in the NFL), 7 40+ yard plays (3rd in the NFL). Or do you mean more of a DeSean Jackson-type "Run a fly and we'll bomb it to you" player?

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 01:56 PM
What do you consider Austin? 16.6 ypc, 20 20+ yard plays (3rd in the NFL), 7 40+ yard plays (3rd in the NFL). Or do you mean more of a DeSean Jackson-type "Run a fly and we'll bomb it to you" player?
Break it down further and you'll see a lot of YAC found in Austin's stats.

I'm worried about the lack of the play call and the reasoning. I think Roy Williams can be the deep threat. Heck, he only gets 3-4 looks a game anyways. Might as well be bombs. If he can't catch them, then maybe we need a different player. But we don't even know because it's not in the playbook. Maybe the staff already knows that answer and maybe it is personnel. I just know that our offense could use more explosiveness.

crisco0710
12-28-2009, 02:48 PM
This offense needs a deep threat at WR. I'm still disappointed that we still don't take more shots downfield. A part of me wonders if it's just inability with our current personnel but is it purely play calling? Is it the 2 TE set formation? Are they afraid of Romo throwing picks on deep balls? They wanna keep him more under control? I dunno. Fact is... we don't take downfield shots.

It seemed like last year all we ever did was send 3 receivers on a fly and have a check down, this year its all crossing routes and no deep posts or anything. I would love to see a mixture of it.

pocketaces
12-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Washington was playing their safeties DEEEEEEEP. We took what they gave us. Last week Austin caught a 50+ bomb against N.O. As far as our short yardage failures, why do we pull so much? Seems like we should man up and push them a yard. Kosier was getting abused by Hanesworth and I noticed our FB whiff a couple of times as well. I agree we need to mix in some PA passes too.

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Pocket is right. Some of the clips they showed of how deep the safties were playing was unreal.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Washington was playing their safeties DEEEEEEEP. We took what they gave us. Last week Austin caught a 50+ bomb against N.O. As far as our short yardage failures, why do we pull so much? Seems like we should man up and push them a yard. Kosier was getting abused by Hanesworth and I noticed our FB whiff a couple of times as well. I agree we need to mix in some PA passes too.
It was more like a 30-35 yard bomb and a 15-20 yard scamper. But that's exactly what I think we need more of. Not saying we have never done it. Saying we don't do it enough.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Pocket is right. Some of the clips they showed of how deep the safties were playing was unreal.
True, but they didn't do it on every single defensive play in the entire game.

We need to cut loose at least 2-3 times a game as opposed to none. Sometimes you even get PI calls.

Not trying to make this a bigger deal than it is, because I think the offense has been effective with Romo keeping the turnovers in check.

But is that it? Keeping Romo in check and avoiding deep pass play calls?

Or is it personnel? Crisco is right.. With TO we did it all the time... this year? ...

Macarthur
12-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I think you're looking at 'keeping Romo in check' the wrong way.

D, he's on pace for almost 4500 yards almost 30 TDs and less than 10 INTs. That is a monster year.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I think you're looking at 'keeping Romo in check' the wrong way.

D, he's on pace for almost 4500 yards almost 30 TDs and less than 10 INTs. That is a monster year.
No, I think you're looking at it the wrong way. I could care less about player's having monster statistical years. I care much MUCH more about what's going on on the field and how we're attacking defenses.

If I looked at stats, the announcers yesterday said Jason Campbell was in the middle of the pack statistically. Do I think he's better than half the QBs in the league? Hell no.

Sniper
12-28-2009, 03:31 PM
No, I think you're looking at it the wrong way. I could care less about player's having monster statistical years. I care much MUCH more about what's going on on the field and how we're attacking defenses.

If I looked at stats, the announcers yesterday said Jason Campbell was in the middle of the pack statistically. Do I think he's better than half the QBs in the league? Hell no.

Campbell can't really be judged fairly in comparison to the rest of the league's QBs.

thule
12-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Rob I noticed you coming down on LD again. However you praised Koiser in those situations. Did you see the short yardage plays...one of them Koiser was pushed back 4 yards before Barber had the ball. Koiser is also trash in short yardage.

pocketaces
12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
It was more like a 30-35 yard bomb and a 15-20 yard scamper. But that's exactly what I think we need more of. Not saying we have never done it. Saying we don't do it enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtEuaMU_ppA

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtEuaMU_ppA
Since Youtube is blocked here at work, what does it show?

critesy
12-28-2009, 06:29 PM
shows miles catching a 47 yard pass against the saints with like 3 yards of YAC for td, basically just video evidence of what he said.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM
shows miles catching a 47 yard pass against the saints with like 3 yards of YAC for td, basically just video evidence of what he said.
Oh, so one play tells the whole story now. K gotcha pocketaces. :p

Like I said... it's not like I'm sitting here saying we haven't done it AT ALL. I'm saying we don't do it enough. If you guys think we do it enough, then that's cool. We just disagree, and that ain't a crime.

pocketaces
12-28-2009, 06:54 PM
3rd in the league in total offense and 6th in passing. Sure we could throw down field more but why fix it if it aint broken? We need to fix short yardage plays before we work on anything else, thats whats costing us points.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 07:12 PM
3rd in the league in total offense and 6th in passing. Sure we could throw down field more but why fix it if it aint broken? We need to fix short yardage plays before we work on anything else, thats whats costing us points.
6th in passing. Hmm.... are we forgetting something here? Consider how much we've passed this season and ignored the run game... Are you really satisfied with 6th? Stats can be deceiving.

If the priority is fixing one before the other, then yeah, short yardage is a bigger concern. I can agree with that. But I just felt like making note of another one of our offense's deficiencies. I miss the big play threats of year's past.

crisco0710
12-28-2009, 07:14 PM
We move the ball well then crap our pants when it comes to scoring. Maybe we should try to throw it deep a little more and maybe we will have more points. Imagine if the Eagles threw deep every once in a while, what would there record be? Chargers?

pocketaces
12-28-2009, 07:33 PM
We move the ball well then crap our pants when it comes to scoring. Maybe we should try to throw it deep a little more and maybe we will have more points. Imagine if the Eagles threw deep every once in a while, what would their record be? Chargers?

Really? Throwing deep is the answer? How about picking up a yard against the Chargers on 3 trys? Think that changes the game? How about picking up first downs yesterday in short yardage, think we score more points then? Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the deep ball is the least of our problems.

crisco0710
12-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Really? Throwing deep is the answer? How about picking up a yard against the Chargers on 3 trys? Think that changes the game? How about picking up first downs yesterday in short yardage, think we score more points then? Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the deep ball is the least of our problems.

Yeah I'm with you, its not a problem. Just discussing possibilities and what ifs. I remember pulling my hair out last year with Jason Garrett sending everyone deep. I'd rather live with what we have going instead of what we had last year.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 07:52 PM
I three-peat. It isn't our biggest problem.

We have redzone issues, kicker issues, short yardage issues, secondary issues, runs up the middle issues, LBs in coverage issues, Flozell issues, Roy Williams issues, OC issues, HC issues, Owner issues... have I left anything out??? LOL.

With a Jim Mora face on....

"Issue's??! Issues???! You talkin' about Issues??!!"

pocketaces
12-28-2009, 08:28 PM
I three-peat. It isn't our biggest problem.

We have redzone issues, kicker issues, short yardage issues, secondary issues, runs up the middle issues, LBs in coverage issues, Flozell issues, Roy Williams issues, OC issues, HC issues, Owner issues... have I left anything out??? LOL.

With a Jim Mora face on....

"Issue's??! Issues???! You talkin' about Issues??!!"

And yet we are 10-5 and playing for the division:D

herniateddisc
12-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Rob I noticed you coming down on LD again. However you praised Koiser in those situations. Did you see the short yardage plays...one of them Koiser was pushed back 4 yards before Barber had the ball. Koiser is also trash in short yardage.

Kosier can manipulate by moving his feet. Davis can not. Does not mean I am praising Kosier.

And fact is the MBIII failures were almost all behind Davis.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 09:00 PM
And yet we are 10-5 and playing for the division:D
I love what we've done, but we can't act like we've actually accomplished anything yet.

herniateddisc
12-28-2009, 09:02 PM
From Matt Mosley NFC East Blog on ALL PROs

...... "LG Kyle Kosier (Don't laugh. I'm told by scouts that he's been the Cowboys' most consistent offensive lineman)."

crisco0710
12-29-2009, 12:58 AM

...... "LG Kyle Kosier (Don't laugh. I'm told by scouts that he's been the Cowboys' most consistent offensive lineman)."

Yeah I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it.

But anyways, that throw to Miles against the saints.... It looked too easy.. I know we are capable of doing that if we get the protection up front.

D-Unit
12-29-2009, 10:50 AM

I dunno what that means... It doesn't mean best or else they would've just said he's been the Best Lineman.

Consistent... just means steady to me.

herniateddisc
12-29-2009, 11:18 AM
I dunno what that means... It doesn't mean best or else they would've just said he's been the Best Lineman.

Consistent... just means steady to me.

I would interpret that to mean consistently good. Kyle is consistently good.

crisco0710
12-29-2009, 12:38 PM
They were talking about pro bowlers for our team and he said Kosier will most likely be on the pro bowl team.

Macarthur
12-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Kosier has been underappreciated his entire time here.

D-Unit
12-29-2009, 01:10 PM
I would interpret that to mean consistently good. Kyle is consistently good.
I have no problems with calling him "consistently good" too. I think he deserves that after this season. He hasn't given any reason to be bashed this year. Even his penalties are down. As a whole the OL has been a pleasant success this year. Even with Colubmo going down, Free has stepped up. Gurode has been steady. Davis does his thing. Flo frustrates me more than anyone, but I think this is the last year of enduring him.

D-Unit
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Kosier has been underappreciated his entire time here.
Uh... no he hasn't. This is his first good year with us. Not like he's always deserved this praise.

D-Unit
12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
They were talking about pro bowlers for our team and he said Kosier will most likely be on the pro bowl team.
How many Guards are selected? 4? I dunno if he's gonna make Top 4 in the NFC.

Macarthur
12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Uh... no he hasn't. This is his first good year with us. Not like he's always deserved this praise.

That's completely untrue. He was very good in 07 and I think we realized how important he is to the line last year when he was gone.

D-Unit
12-29-2009, 03:56 PM
That's completely untrue. He was very good in 07 and I think we realized how important he is to the line last year when he was gone.
No. He was shaky and inconsistent in '07... Nothing praiseworthy by any means. He cost us the Giants game in the playoffs with his poor blocking (even getting chewed out by Romo ON THE FIELD).

Cory Proctor makes anyone look missed in '08. Besides, who gets praised for being injured? What a joke.

2 bad years, 1 good year. Only now does he deserve any praise.

Just ask yourself... Was he a Pro Bowler in '07 or '08? The answer is quite simply NO.

Macarthur
12-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I never said he was a pro bowler.

D-Unit
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
I never said he was a pro bowler.
Right. I guess you didn't. But at what point was he underappreciated? He's being appreciated now for finally producing. Prior to this season, he never deserved praise, imo.

JoeyHeisman
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
The best way to describe Kosier in the past would probably be just straight average. This year he's played really well though. And I loved how Doug Free played against Washington.

UTPATS
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Very impressed with Free today as well! He has really stepped up. Romo's success is a combination of protection and his ability to buy time. Things could have been a lot different if Free wouldn't have stepped up after Colombo's injury.