PDA

View Full Version : Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke

Rosebud
12-29-2009, 01:36 AM
I've been a big fan of his for almost two years now, I think with his frame, length, initial burst as well as sense of leverage he has a chance to be a wonderful starter in the NFL. Where does SWDC think his grade lies? Round 2, Round 3? Could he slide into round one because of his versatility?

RaiderNation
12-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Was a 1st round pick for me for awhile. Is a mid to late 2nd rounder or me. Should make a good 3-4 DE

Hines
12-29-2009, 02:22 AM
His stock has fallen a good amount his senior season IMO. I think he's closer to a third rounder now. He would've been chosen higher last draft than this upcoming draft.

D-Unit
12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
I smell a big bust.

PossibleCabbage
12-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Ignoring everybody else in this draft, he would probably be a borderline late first early second round guy. This year has been disappointing, but NFL GMs will often ignore disappointing senior seasons if the other tape is good enough and they play a valuable enough position (and DTs are extremely valuable).

But since this draft is loaded with interior defensive linemen, that's probably going to make him drop. A lot of it is going to come down to the order in which GMs rank the second and third tier guys. Probably mid to late second or early third now.

SenorGato
12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Ignoring everybody else in this draft, he would probably be a borderline late first early second round guy. This year has been disappointing, but NFL GMs will often ignore disappointing senior seasons if the other tape is good enough and they play a valuable enough position (and DTs are extremely valuable).

But since this draft is loaded with interior defensive linemen, that's probably going to make him drop. A lot of it is going to come down to the order in which GMs rank the second and third tier guys. Probably mid to late second or early third now.

He's got a major advantage: 6'6 305 is perfect DT size and his athleticism allows him to line up at any position. That plus 4 year starter experience, former blue chipper, and strong academic program/record will help him out come the offseason.

Nard_Dog
12-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I was really high on Oghobaase at the beginning of the year, but he's been hampered with injuries and has missed 6 games this year. As of right now he looks like a second or third round prospect. But I believe once the combine and pro days roll around he will be able to salvage his stock and land around the middle of the second round. Any 3-4 team would love to have him on their defensive lin.

YotoJets007
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
edit: never mind...wrong player

WorldBFree
12-29-2009, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't draft him for a 3-4 defense (which is where he is projected). I like high motor guys. Oghobaase disappeared in several games this year.

zachsaints52
12-30-2009, 04:09 AM
If he falls to 32nd in the 3rd I hope the Saints take him :)

SINCE1978
12-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I did not see 1 Duke game in his career (I live in Big 10 country & Duke just is never televised) but have seen some internet clips of him in action. He clearly is used to the double team since it appears there is little help around him on D? That helps for the next level ... unfortunately this is a monster of a class for DT, guys like Arthur Jones & Marvin Austin may be rd 2 picks where in most years they would probably go in the 1st ... I see him taken mid 3rd rd.

YotoJets007
12-30-2009, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't draft him for a 3-4 defense (which is where he is projected). I like high motor guys. Oghobaase disappeared in several games this year.

He missed a lot of spring practice and 4 games due to stress fracture in right foot. He was not in full shape to be high motor player.

He will be the best value in 4th round for 3-4 teams as LE.