PDA

View Full Version : Which team is more likely....

zachsaints52
12-30-2009, 03:11 AM
To trade up? Im not saying they are clear cut going to but I dont think the Saints have had their whole draft since Sean has been here?

Thumper
12-30-2009, 03:42 AM
The Eagles and Patriots are typically draft movers.

But it is hard to say at this point, it really depends, there is no team that heads in to every draft saying "We're trading up no matter what!" It always depends on what happens in free agency, who said team really likes in the Senior Bowl (and others) and what happens at the combine.

So ask about a week before the draft and someone would be able to tell you based on the severity of the need, the player available and whether or not the team really likes the prospect or not.

For instance a few years back everyone and their mother knew the Ravens wanted Matt Ryan badly and this past year everyone and their monkey's uncle knew the Redskins and Jets wanted Matt Sanchez.

Really there is no way to predict who will trade up, who saw the Eagles moving up to take Jeremy Maclin? And everyone knew that the Ravens were offering the kitchen sink to get Matty Ice but they still didn't get him.

However if I had to place a guess right now I would think that the Redskins or Patriots would be big movers just because the Redskins really want Clausen or Bradford and they might have to trade up ahead of the Browns to get one of them. The Patriots need the most talented players they can get and they have a boatload of middle round picks to toss around, but they might not because they're known to trade down and gather picks.

AkiliSmith
12-30-2009, 08:21 AM
The Patriots have 3 second round picks so I think it's highly likely they move up

SINCE1978
12-30-2009, 08:29 AM
The Patriots have 3 second round picks so I think it's highly likely they move up

With 3 picks you would think they might but this is the Patriots we are talking about here ... they move down the board as to not overpay. I bet they stay put in rd 2 and get some really good, young talent for that D.

I know they may pick at #6 or so but the Redskins are my first pick to move up. If St. Louis is looking QB (Clausen/Bradford) I imagine with Shannahan likely coming into DC he will want Bradford and if St. Louis plays it right they could swap picks, still get Clausen @ #6 & add draft picks. (Detroit, Tampa, KC, Cleveland are likely not in the QB market this year) I like that play ...

Brent
12-30-2009, 08:53 AM
I think they sit on those three and reload on defense.

YotoJets007
12-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Jets? They are sucker for top 5 prospect.

bruschis4all
12-30-2009, 09:09 AM
I think they sit on those three and reload on defense.

Will probably trade one of the 2nd rounders from Jax/Tennessee for a nr. 1 next year. Chicago anyone?

zachsaints52
12-30-2009, 11:17 AM
I can see the Saints moving up because we are young at most positions and we all know what they need. An athletic OLB or a Huge DT. So if Cody from Bama or some LB falls to mid to late 10s, I see us jumping all over it.

keylime_5
12-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Jets? They are sucker for top 5 prospect.

I'm not saying they won't this year, but IMO it would be wise if they had as many draft picks as they can get this year after all that dealing last year that gave them only a few draft picks. The draft is the foundation of the roster and they'll be bare at the bottom if they come out of the 2009 and 2010 drafts with only 6 picks or so.

Crickett
12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm not saying they won't this year, but IMO it would be wise if they had as many draft picks as they can get this year after all that dealing last year that gave them only a few draft picks.

This is true of last year after all of the dealing they did the year before. But that's not how they apparently operate.

In the past three drafts combined, the Jets have had 8 picks in the first five rounds.

vidae
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm hoping that a QB falls to 3 so we can trade back and get a few more picks. I really like Rolando McClain or Anthony Davis (if McClain is gone) this year and picking either at 3 would be a reach.

I think there could be a lot of people moving up if Suh somehow manages to last until 3 as well, though that is unlikely.

RealityCheck
12-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Actually, it's easier that we will trade down, just like last year.

I'd bet on the Vikings, in order to get Mallett or Bradford. Even Clausen.

superman8456
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty confident the Eagles are going to trade out of the 1st.

PossibleCabbage
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
While Packers GM Ted Thompson historically has been notorious for trading down early, often, and overall whenever possible, I believe that he could be in line to trade up into the teens to grab one of the top OTs. I think that when he inherited the team, there needed to be so much roster turnover (they had a WR whose first name was "Taco"), that early on he just needed bodies and value. As last year's trade up for Clay Matthews illustrates, I think he knows now that the base of his roster is pretty good, and at this point a solid starter at an important position is going to help a lot more than a horde of later round guys.

Nalej
12-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I believe the Pats will turn one of those 2nd rounders into a 2011 1st rounder.
That'll leave 'em with 3 1st rounders all together (Raiders, own, and whoever trades for the 2nd this year)

BGB
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Actually, it's easier that we will trade down, just like last year.

I'd bet on the Vikings, in order to get Mallett or Bradford. Even Clausen.

I hope they dont move up for Clausen. I think he's a tool bag.