PDA

View Full Version : Week 17 : Baltimore Ravens @ Oakland Raiders

banetzdererste
12-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Simple, we win, we`re in!

What's your thoughts about the Game??

SeanTaylorRIP
12-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Ravens win 17-16. I see Joe Flacco struggling but Ray Rice will come through with a big day definitely surpassing 2000 yards from scrimmage. Oakland will have a defensive or special teams touchdown.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
We'll win. Harbaugh will get the guys ready. but I wonder if he'll ever address the discipline issue.

Ravens1991
12-31-2009, 12:28 AM
I see us coming out intense and scoring early, maybe getting a multiple score lead. Then the raiders will realize there condos are cleaned out and they got a plane ticket home tomorrow, they will basically give up and we beat them handidly. Obviously we can lose because OAK has beaten good teams but if we can get to a multiple point lead early on we will dominate them.

Hines
12-31-2009, 12:41 AM
If the Ravens jump out to a big lead, they will win. If they keep it close, I think the Raiders will win the game. Just depends on what Ravens team comes to play.

dcarey20
12-31-2009, 02:46 PM
If the Ravens jump out to a big lead, they will win. If they keep it close, I think the Raiders will win the game. Just depends on what Ravens team comes to play.

The Ravens have smoked every team that they're supposed to beat this year. This game will be no different. We are not the Steelers who struggle to get up for lesser level squads. Our struggles come in finishing and winning games against the top tier teams in the NFL. You are one of the bigger Raven haters I've seen on this site (granted I don't venture out of this forum very often). But you come into the Raven forum and try to act like you're being objective about the Ravens and/or Steelers, when in actuality you just don't know what you're talking about.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
The Ravens have smoked every team that they're supposed to beat this year. This game will be no different. We are not the Steelers who struggle to get up for lesser level squads. Our struggles come in finishing and winning games against the top tier teams in the NFL. You are one of the bigger Raven haters I've seen on this site (granted I don't venture out of this forum very often). But you come into the Raven forum and try to act like you're being objective about the Ravens and/or Steelers, when in actuality you just don't know what you're talking about.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Hines
12-31-2009, 03:30 PM

You want a goddamn cookie? I am being objective because I think I have picked the Ravens in most of the games this season. Congrats, though. I guess the only reason why you think I am being unobjective is because I am a Steeler fan and hate the Ravens. Not the case. I like talking football with you guys. Noone else has a problem with me over here. Why don't you talk to your other Raven fans who say that the Ravens suck, they'll loose every game. The Raiders are not that bad. If they didn't have such a hole at quarterback, they'd be contending for a damn playoff spot. They play up to their competition, and have beaten tough teams this season. All I said is that if it's a close game, the Raiders will win because that's how it happened against the Steelers, Broncos, Eagles, and Bengals. Yeah the Steelers lost to them along with the Chiefs and Browns. **** happens.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-31-2009, 04:40 PM
You want a goddamn cookie? I am being objective because I think I have picked the Ravens in most of the games this season. Congrats, though. I guess the only reason why you think I am being unobjective is because I am a Steeler fan and hate the Ravens. Not the case. I like talking football with you guys. Noone else has a problem with me over here. Why don't you talk to your other Raven fans who say that the Ravens suck, they'll loose every game. The Raiders are not that bad. If they didn't have such a hole at quarterback, they'd be contending for a damn playoff spot. They play up to their competition, and have beaten tough teams this season. All I said is that if it's a close game, the Raiders will win because that's how it happened against the Steelers, Broncos, Eagles, and Bengals. Yeah the Steelers lost to them along with the Chiefs and Browns. **** happens.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens1991
12-31-2009, 04:47 PM
I just hope dcarey didnt jinx us lol.

and Ravnes/wizards/orioles when did metsox say that ?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-31-2009, 04:53 PM
I just hope dcarey didnt jinx us lol.

and Ravnes/wizards/orioles when did metsox say that ?

I am not sure but the Ray Rice stalker showed me the post and figured it was worthy of a sig quote

Ravens1991
12-31-2009, 05:00 PM
haha yea it was probably during the draft, I remember thats what all the scouting reports said I was upset w/ the pick. thank god he developed the way he did.

coordinator0
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Looks like Charlie Frye will be starting for the Raiders. If we lose this game, I think (more like hope) that the entire coaching staff should be re-evaluated. With guys like Shanahan and maybe even Cowher (could he coach the Ravens though?) out there we have to make sure that Harbaugh is the guy. I'm starting to have doubts.

Hines
01-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Looks like Charlie Frye will be starting for the Raiders. If we lose this game, I think (more like hope) that the entire coaching staff should be re-evaluated. With guys like Shanahan and maybe even Cowher (could he coach the Ravens though?) out there we have to make sure that Harbaugh is the guy. I'm starting to have doubts.

Naw, I think Harbaugh is the guy for the job. Every coach has a bad year. I wouldn't run a coach out of town due to having one bad season.

Ravens1991
01-01-2010, 05:20 PM
yea I agree not just yet, we arent bad just a solid average team. Give him more time even if we lose to OAK.

Hines
01-01-2010, 05:26 PM
yea I agree not just yet, we arent bad just a solid average team. Give him more time even if we lose to OAK.

Hell, Tomlin lost to Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland this year and the Rooneys will probably give Tomlin an extention.

coordinator0
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Hell, Tomlin lost to Cleveland, Kansas City, and Oakland this year and the Rooneys will probably give Tomlin an extention.

It's not who we've lost to, it's his in-game management that worries me. That aspect of his coaching game seems to have regressed from last year. I really like the guy, but we've just got to be sure. It's probably a very minuscule chance that anything happens anyways, at least with the head coach. I could see some coordinator and position coach changes though.

EvilNixon
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
If we had beat the Browns last week,I'd say we get our doors blown off,but who knows. Maybe Dr. Jekyll shows up instead of Hyde.

BmoreBlackByrdz
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
why is it that when Ed Reed returns, our secondary looks bad again? Never thought I'd ever say that but I'm just wondering what you guys think about that.

I thought we looked pretty bad out there but at least we made the playoffs. That's a great accomplishment.

Also, are we guaranteed to play the Pats? is there any scenario that we can end up playing the Bengals instead?

Ravens1991
01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I wondered the same thing. I wonder if Reed free lancing is hurting the team more then it helps. But I honestly dont know how the secondary plays has a lot to deal with the play call and the game tape us fans cant see.

also we knocked out PITT and got in, ya cant complain.

Hines
01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Congrats on the playoff birth. **** you guys for knocking out Frye. I think the Raiders could've won if Frye didn't get hurt. Oh well, see you next season.

Ravens1991
01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
yea Frye impressed me. He will probably be starting opening day next year

Hines
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
yea Frye impressed me. He will probably be starting opening day next year

Naw, I like Gradkowski for the job. I was so mad when JaMarcus took over. I knew that the Raiders lost when he stepped on that field.

coordinator0
01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I wondered the same thing. I wonder if Reed free lancing is hurting the team more then it helps. But I honestly dont know how the secondary plays has a lot to deal with the play call and the game tape us fans cant see.

also we knocked out PITT and got in, ya cant complain.

That's exactly what it is. Reed isn't disciplined enough in his zone coverages, and that TD pass to Miller was a prime example of that. He can't let Ray run with Miller by himself, just stupid stupid stupid. I think his want to make a big play is going to be detrimental to the team. I'd actually rather have Zbi start and keep Reed in the slot role. At least keep Frank Walker off of the field.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
01-04-2010, 01:17 PM
OMG!!!!!!! ED REED NEEDS TO BE BENCHED!!!!!!! I love our fans

coordinator0
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Our secondary was better in coverage without him. I'm not saying he can't change, but the way our defense is no there's no room for free-lancing like there was under Ryan.

BmoreBlackByrdz
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM

well, the only TD scored by the Raiders was over the middle, and Ray Lewis definitely should have had help over the middle with covering Zach Miller, where was Reed?

I think either Reed is losing a step or teams are learning and catching on to him. Cause Oakland had it WAY to easy, and if you give a QB like Brady that many open WR's, he's gonna hit em all day long, not to mention, we have no pass rush so that doesn't help at all.

When Zbikowski was in, I never saw Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Detroit or Chicago have WR's find that many holes in our defense.

I'm not blaming Reed, I'm just wondering why that when he returns, all of a sudden, that terrible defense we saw early mid season came back?

EdReedUnstoppable
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
This team has so many problems....... that said, happy we got to the playoffs means we have at least an outside shot.

We got the worst first rd draw possible so that sucks, but who knows maybe we can squeak past New England. If we were to luck our way past rd 1 I dont like us against Indy or SD. But hey its all bonus now just along for the ride.

Ravens1991
01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I think the thing w/ reed is because our pass rush sucks the QB is not making quick decisions where reed can jump a route. I think since the QB has enough time to eat a sandwich back there they are able to find reed better.

BmoreBlackByrdz
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I think the thing w/ reed is because our pass rush sucks the QB is not making quick decisions where reed can jump a route. I think since the QB has enough time to eat a sandwich back there they are able to find reed better.

very true, I 100% agree with this.

Suggs has to step it up. He has been a bum this year, and Antwan Barnes needs more playing time. That's the only way I see our pass rush getting better. Gregg has stepped up his play and it is evident. All we need is our edge rush to improve.

Ravens1991
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I agree Suggs needs to step it up I read a report that Suggs was 20 pounds overweight at the start of training camp. I hope he didnt stop caring because he got paid now.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
well, the only TD scored by the Raiders was over the middle, and Ray Lewis definitely should have had help over the middle with covering Zach Miller, where was Reed?

I think either Reed is losing a step or teams are learning and catching on to him. Cause Oakland had it WAY to easy, and if you give a QB like Brady that many open WR's, he's gonna hit em all day long, not to mention, we have no pass rush so that doesn't help at all.

When Zbikowski was in, I never saw Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Detroit or Chicago have WR's find that many holes in our defense.
I'm not blaming Reed, I'm just wondering why that when he returns, all of a sudden, that terrible defense we saw early mid season came back?

All of those games Webb was our starter. Before Webb started we got **** on in the pass. I am sorry but Zbikowski is not the answer.

I can't wait until people start complaining about Ray Lewis or Ray Rice. OMG THEY SUCK SO BAD!!!!!

Hines
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
All of those games Webb was our starter. Before Webb started we got **** on in the pass. I am sorry but Zbikowski is not the answer.

I can't wait until people start complaining about Ray Lewis or Ray Rice. OMG THEY SUCK SO BAD!!!!!

It's not fantasy football season anymore, Ray Rice sucks!!!!!

I think Baltimore can do damage in the playoffs if they run the ball a heavy dose. That way you keep the other team's offense off the field.

BmoreBlackByrdz
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
It's not fantasy football season anymore, Ray Rice sucks!!!!!

I think Baltimore can do damage in the playoffs if they run the ball a heavy dose. That way you keep the other team's offense off the field.

I agree, running the ball is how you beat the Patriots, especially this year. They are giving up 4.0+ yards per carry. There defense isn't what they used to be. Plus, it'll give our defense a chance to rest and regroup and keep Brady off the field.

And are you glad about Arians getting fired?

Hines
01-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I agree, running the ball is how you beat the Patriots, especially this year. They are giving up 4.0+ yards per carry. There defense isn't what they used to be. Plus, it'll give our defense a chance to rest and regroup and keep Brady off the field.

And are you glad about Arians getting fired?

Let's just say I'm more happy about this than possibly winning the Super Bowl if we had the chance. I hate that prick. He held back our offense on so many levels. Yes the numbers were there, but who the hell calls 42 pass plays with 35 mph winds and close to 0 degree weather? Bruce Arians does.