PDA

View Full Version : Jason Fox

KCStud
12-31-2009, 03:53 AM
This guy is just as good, if not better than any of the LT's in his class. Do you guys think he fall to the 2nd round? Okung, Williams, Davis, Campbell and Bulaga being ranked ahead of him?

RaiderNation
12-31-2009, 04:21 AM
EDIT: Wrote this before he was hurt. Probably looking at a 3rd or 4th round grade right now

no bare feet
12-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Fox would be best utilized at the right tackle position. He could play either side though.

senormysterioso
12-31-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm hoping we take him in Green Bay. Especially if Clifton has one more year left in him at LT.

thebow305
12-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Jason Fox is going to be one of the more underrated players in this draft. He has been ROCK solid as a four year starter at LT for us.

If you watched our bowl game vs Wisconsin, you could see just exactly how important he is to that line.

He's going to make a terrific starting Left Tackle in the NFL and if someone gets him in the 2nd, it would be a major steal!

Nard_Dog
12-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Over-shadowed by several other prospects, likely a 2nd round pick. Like what everyone else is saying he should be a very talented left tackle, and a steal in the 2nd round.

Paul
12-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Is his injury anything to worry about?

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 10:22 AM
He's from the U. Of course he'll be a good NFL player. I'm dead serious about that too. I wonder if he's a RT as well... ala Eric Winston...

Babylon
12-31-2009, 11:17 AM
He's from the U. Of course he'll be a good NFL player. I'm dead serious about that too. I wonder if he's a RT as well... ala Eric Winston...

I think Eric Winston ended up there as a result of his knee injury after which i thought he never was as good. I'd be happy with Fox to Seattle with their pick they got from Denver. He'd be our best O-lineman from day one. No doubt he can play the LT position.

Bengals78
12-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Is his injury anything to worry about?

From what I heard on ESPN during the game it was just something small and needed to be gotten outta the way before the combine and stuff.

D-Unit
12-31-2009, 01:39 PM
How is he in the run game?

prock
12-31-2009, 01:47 PM
i think fox is easily a first round pick. the current trend has been tackles going early and often. he will go in the first round. he is more pro ready than the raw prospects like davis and campbell. he will be a left tackle at the next level, unlike williams and maybe bulaga. hell, bring him to the vikes. id rather have him than ****** bryant mckinnie.

TACKLE
12-31-2009, 01:48 PM
How is he in the run game?

He's solid. He's not dominating but he does good enough job at the point of attack and always keeps his feet going. He also does a nice job at getting on LB's on the second level.

noondog
12-31-2009, 01:59 PM
I would love to see Fox fall to the Lions at the top of the second. He would be a tremendous upgrade and a tremendous value.

SwagU
12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
As a Canes fan I saw him play quite often and I will tell you that he held down a pretty lackluster line pretty much the whole season. He is a great leader and is an all in all solid player at OT. He has no problem playing either tackle position and I think he isn't the best prospect, but I think he is your safest pick at OT. Right now draft stock at late first to early second, but I think he could really rise up boards with a good combine and a team could take him mid first.

YotoJets007
12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
he misses the bowl game in order to be ready for NFL after having surgery. He had played first 11 games with that injury but he will skip the bowl. That is weird. OT class for 2010 is rather weak so he can be taken in 2nd or 3rd round easily with or without injury.

Hines
12-31-2009, 04:03 PM
He reminds me of Vernon Carey. Both players are natural RTs with the ability to play a solid LT if needed.

redbills
02-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Giving this a bump. LT, RT?
Only scouting reprt I could find is this, will not post link since ya can't do that.

Analysis
Pass blocking: At least moderate initial quickness, but is inconsistent with his depth on his initial kick-step. May lack the elite lateral quickness and balance to remain at left tackle in the pros. Appears to have the agility to beat the defender to the edge, but too often stops moving his feet and is susceptible to pass-rushers with a second move. Quick, active hands that he uses well to control the defender when he keeps his feet moving. Bends at the knees and has the core strength to anchor against the bull-rush. Alert, experienced pass blocker who reacts efficiently and correctly to the surprising blitz and loop.

Run blocking: More consistent with his quickness as a run blocker. Can get out and hook the defensive end to seal the edge. Strong enough to turn his opponent, but isn't a road grader that can consistently drive his opponent off the ball. Quick hands, but has only marginal upper-body strength and hand placement to sustain. Good short-area quickness to get to the second level and shows at least adequate balance moving forward and laterally to hit the moving target. Good effort downfield.

Pulling/trapping: Good initial burst to get off the line of scrimmage and out to the second level. Can adjust in space to oncoming defenders, showing at least adequate balance and agility for the cut-block. Gets his hands on the linebacker, but has to do a better job of keeping his feet chugging to sustain.

Initial Quickness: At least adequate quickness to gain depth on his kick-step. Good initial quickness to gain position on the defender in the running game. Can beat the defender to the edge for the seal block.

Downfield: Quick enough to get to the second level. Adjusts in space and can get his hands on his opponent. Generally provides a good effort, but could do a better job of keeping his feet moving once he engages the defender, as he lacks great strength or the nastiness offensive line coaches love. Good balance and accuracy as a cut-blocker.

Intangibles: Started eight games at right tackle as a true freshman, but was moved to left tackle for four starts due to injuries to teammates and started the final 39 games of his career on the blind side. Voted team captain in 2008 and '09. Graduated with a degree in Marketing. Tough player who played through various injuries as a senior. Will require a Combine check for a dislocated elbow suffered in 2006 and the injury to his left knee that kept Fox out of lineup against Wisconsin in the 2009 Champs Sports Bowl. Despite missing the bowl game, was voted Co-MVP (along with ILB Daryl Sharpton) by his teammates.

RWills
02-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Winston had questions about his strength and head short arms along with the knee injury, but great feet.

I see Fox in competition with Washington and Veldheer and Black as the next OT off the board after Okung-Davis-Bulaga-Williams-Campbell-Brown-Ducasse.

but I don't see one of these guys until end of 2nd-3rd round not a boderline 1st no way

bored of education
02-21-2010, 03:59 PM
He is in the 3rd tier of o linemen. i see him picked late 2ndish

K Train
02-22-2010, 08:14 AM
im a big fan, hes a guy you dont really hear much about....he played every position along the canes line and i think hes a rock solid RT, probably one of the better pure RT prospects this year

FUNBUNCHER
02-22-2010, 09:49 AM
He's one of the OT prospects I would say has a great opportunity to start as a rookie. I don't really care how he tests, to be able to be a 4 year starter at a school like Miami playing OT generally means you have serious game.

If Shanahan goes QB with the #4 pick, I could easily see him snagging a player similar to Fox at the top of the 2nd.

killxswitch
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't be upset if the Colts picked him at 31.

RaiderNation
02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Id love to have him in Oakland with our first 3rd round pick

Finnegans Wake
02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
According to NFLDS, Fox missed the final regular season game with an irregular heartbeat. Could be something very minor, but IMO the knee and that will both be looked at. Might be enough to keep him as a 2a-range pick.

Any team getting him later than 2a IMO is getting a great value, if he falls. Not sure if he's LT material in the pros, but 40 times seem to be a good indicator here, and my guess is he runs under a 5.10, maybe closer to 5.0.