Antonio Coleman OLB 6'1" 252
Ben Tate RB 5'10⅞" 213
Walter McFadden CB 5'10" 172
Gabriel McKenzie TE 6'3" 241
Jermarcus Ricks DT 6'2⅞" 291

Discuss!!!

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Do teams view Kafka as a quarterback in the NFL? He is a nice dual threat QB, but it seems that he does more damage with his legs. Could he be looking at a possible move to wide receiver in order to stick in the NFL?

Also what would be a fair NFL comparison for Corey Wooton?

And finally,

Go Wildcats!

bored of education
01-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Tate with a big run. Where do you guys see Tate, 2d-3rd run? I don't think he will test well.

critesy
01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
being an auburn fan here i love tate, i think his range is more 2nd-4th. he hasnt seperated himself from much of the rb's soo its basically whoever a team likes more than the other. he go early or drop but not cause of skill, but rather whot he team likes more ya know.

critesy
01-01-2010, 10:18 AM
auburn has a bunch of underclassmen prospects too.

critesy
01-01-2010, 10:29 AM
walter mcfadden, cb, 2 ints in the 1st quarter, just a beauty. going to be a 2nd/3rd rounder. people just fall in love with auburn corners.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
01-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey Auburn fans,

Whatever happened to Neil Caudle?

critesy
01-01-2010, 10:57 AM
2nd string. hasnt developed much in the past years but has looked good when getting playing time this year but wont even start as a senior next year.

DiG
01-01-2010, 11:29 AM
How many tackles did Tate break on that run a couple drives back? had to be at least 5. ive never understood tates draft stock. hes one of those guys that i think could go higher than expected or lower than expected. anywhere from the 3rd to 6th.

critesy
01-01-2010, 11:38 AM
How many tackles did Tate break on that run a couple drives back? had to be at least 5. ive never understood tates draft stock. hes one of those guys that i think could go higher than expected or lower than expected. anywhere from the 3rd to 6th.
thats basically it. he hasnt seperated himself to special and ahead of other rbs. its basically whoever the teams likes.

but yeah, sick run :)

Hines
01-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Jordin Mabin impresses me from Northwestern. I think he could be a top 5 corner in his class next season.

TACKLE
01-01-2010, 05:22 PM
How did Corey Wootton play? Have have the game on my PVR but I haven't watched any of it yet.

critesy
01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
wootton seemed invisible out there, was worried at first but forgot about him as the game went on.

SO WR Darvin Adams was the MVP of the game.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2010, 12:00 AM
How did Corey Wootton play? Have have the game on my PVR but I haven't watched any of it yet.
Auburn's D did a good job on containing him. He would collapse the pocket a lot, but never be the one to get to the QB.

He had a rough year this year recovering from his blown out knee he suffered last year.

Hines
01-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Auburn's D did a good job on containing him. He would collapse the pocket a lot, but never be the one to get to the QB.

He had a rough year this year recovering from his blown out knee he suffered last year.

You think that drops him in the draft any at all?

Smokey Joe
01-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Do teams view Kafka as a quarterback in the NFL? He is a nice dual threat QB, but it seems that he does more damage with his legs. Could he be looking at a possible move to wide receiver in order to stick in the NFL?

Also what would be a fair NFL comparison for Corey Wooton?

And finally,

Go Wildcats!
Kafka doesn't really have the speed to make a position change. He isn't overly fast and will likely run somewhere between a 4.7 and 4.9. However, he's a great runner and has very good size (6'2"-6'3", 220-230 lbs). But considering he's a QB, he doesn't really have the physicality to be a short yardage runner. Maybe you could convert him to an H-Back, but I think he still has a shot at making it as a QB.

He reminds me a bit of Kevin O'Connell, QB from SDSU who was surprisingly drafted in the 3rd round by the Pats in 2008. Dual threat QB's who, with some time, could become at least decent backups in the NFL.

Kafka, while his arm strength is lacking a bit, can be very accurate and is very accurate on the move (don't judge only based on todays game, he hasn't played in an actual game since before Thanksgiving), and throws a pretty decent ball. And, like we already discussed, he's very mobile and provides a dual-threat from the QB spot.

I think we could see some team draft him in the 5th round and we could see him develop into a decent NFL player, while it may only be as a backup.

TACKLE
01-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Can someone tell why Corey Wootton is viewed as a better prospect than Calais Campbell? Because as far as I'm concerned, he's not.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2010, 12:32 AM
You think that drops him in the draft any at all?
Depends on how a team views his injury status. If a team decides his junior year film is more accurate to what type of player he is or could be, and he does well in the off-season workouts, I think he'll definitely be a first rounder.

Either way, he won't fall out of the first day, IMO. Some team will fall in love with his frame and athletic ability. He can easily support at least another 20-30 pounds on his frame without losing any burst.

will99890
01-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Can someone tell why Corey Wootton is viewed as a better prospect than Calais Campbell? Because as far as I'm concerned, he's not.

I'm no expert, but I think Wootton plays with better leverage for his height and has a slightly quicker first step. Both are actually fairly similar as prospects. I see both having similar ceilings, above average but not elite 3-4 DEs.

FUNBUNCHER
01-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Wooten looks like a 2nd day pick, IMO.

D-Unit
01-02-2010, 04:15 AM
This is about as typical as fans get. One good game and everyone is on his jock. One bad game and he is bird turd. Never really loved Wooten myself, but he's had some bright spots throughout the season. His size and skill combination has already gotten scouts attention and he is definitely an NFL starting caliber player.

TACKLE
01-02-2010, 04:39 AM
This is about as typical as fans get. One good game and everyone is on his jock. One bad game and he is bird turd. Never really loved Wooten myself, but he's had some bright spots throughout the season. His size and skill combination has already gotten scouts attention and he is definitely an NFL starting caliber player.

It is definitely typical. Overreaction is a specialty of this board. Though because I do feel partly responsible let me clarify.

I've seen Wootton be viewed as a Top 20-25 guy most of this year. Really not trying to get on the hate-train but Wootton production has been very underwhelming this year. Calais ended up going in the mid 2nd. I feel Wootton and Campbell have numerous similarities in their game, production, size, frame, scheme fit and ultimately draft stock. As much as I felt Wootton would be a best fit in a 4-3 earlier, I now longer believe that to be the case. He is definitely going to be a 3-4 DE at the next level though I guess he could work in with a 4-3 team that likes to move their D-Lineman around a lot. He just doesn't have the top-end explosion or speed to turn the corner and for a big DE, doesn't play with great power either.

Although it was initially looked as a bad move when Calais showed up at the combine weighing 290, this turned out to be a smart decision for him. He knew he was going to be a 5-tech so he put on some weight and got stronger. If Wootton stay at 270-275 he'll be stuck as a tweener (4-3 DE/3-4 DE) and will have to get bigger and stronger like Calais if he wants to make the transition to a 3-4. Wootton is solid against the run and he still needs to be more physical at the point of attack. I just feel like Wootton is a 3-4 DE. Calais was the 50th pick in the draft and was more ready to move to a 3-4. Wootton, although very similar to Campbell in many ways, isn't as ready to make the transition as Calais though I expect he'll be draft right in the same range. I have nothing against him, I just don't see him as a Top 25 pick unless he shows some athleticism or size and strength at the combine that is greater than expected.

princefielder28
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM

Wotton has been non-existent all season. He does have the size and speed to intrigue scouts but at some point you have to prove that you can maximize your skill set. He has not done that this season and the fact that he is talked about as a first round pick is a joke.