Ed Dickson TE 6'3" 245
Walter Thurmond CB 5'10" 185
T.J. Ward S 5'10" 200
LeGarrette Blount RB 6'0" 249
William Tukuafu DE 6'2⅜" 262

Discuss!!!

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm mostly interested in Walter Thurmond. He gets no hype, but I think he's one of the better CBs in the draft. What are your thoughts?

holt_bruce81
01-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Where does LeGarrette Blount stand now? I mean do you guys see him making his way back up a lot of draft boards? I could actually see this guy going in the 1st day.

Babylon
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm mostly interested in Walter Thurmond. He gets no hype, but I think he's one of the better CBs in the draft. What are your thoughts?

Thurmond has been out with an injury, i dont think he is even playing.

This Rose Bowl to me doesnt really have much appeal from a draftable players standpoint. Probably watch an Ed Dickson and the OSU D-line but if the phone rings with a better offer i'm passing on this one.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I would like the Eagles to take a flyer on Blount if he's still available in the mid to late rounds.

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Thurmond has been out with an injury, i dont think he is even playing.

This Rose Bowl to me doesnt really have much appeal from a draftable players standpoint. Probably watch an Ed Dickson and the OSU D-line but if the phone rings with a better offer i'm passing on this one.
Oh thanks for that update. Dangit. I wanted to see him. What are you thoughts about him though? This injury could keep him on sleeper status.

Paul
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Just small a suggestion, but has Scott thought about giving an option or making a whole new section where he organizes his prospects/rankings by schools? Something that can filter players by schools would be a nice convenient addition to the site.

Babylon
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh thanks for that update. Dangit. I wanted to see him. What are you thoughts about him though? This injury could keep him on sleeper status.

I think he was a mid round pick going into this season that may have made his way up with a good year. I dont think he's the fastest corner around.

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I think he was a mid round pick going into this season that may have made his way up with a good year. I dont think he's the fastest corner around.
I don't think he's the fastest either. But I think he's got pure corner skills. Silky smooth hips, length, coordination, balance, quickness and ball skills. He was overshadowed by Jairus Byrd last year, and I thought it was the right move for him to come back. Unfortunately, the injury bug hit him. Someone could find a gem here.

stephenson86
01-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Where does LeGarrette Blount stand now? I mean do you guys see him making his way back up a lot of draft boards? I could actually see this guy going in the 1st day.

i assume you mean the old style first day as first day now is JUST the first round

holt_bruce81
01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
i assume you mean the old style first day as first day now is JUST the first round

I thought it was the 1st and 2nd rounds.

keylime_5
01-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Heyward could be a top 10 pick in 2011. Dickson and Blount on Oregon could be really good in the NFL potentially.

TACKLE
01-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Heyward could be a Top 15-20 pick in this draft.

D-Unit
01-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Heyward could be a Top 15-20 pick in this draft.
I like Heyward a lot. Which teams that high do you think would draft him?

keylime_5
01-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Heyward is coming back though unless he has the best game ever today, in which case he might change his mind.

TACKLE
01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I like Heyward a lot. Which teams that high do you think would draft him?

Any of the 3-4 teams that need a DE. Teams I was thinking are the Broncos, Steelers, Jets and Jags.

Babylon
01-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Any of the 3-4 teams that need a DE. Teams I was thinking are the Broncos, Steelers, Jets and Jags.

I think this year being the year of the inside D-linemen where next year we'll see the year of the outside D-lineman:

Bowers
Heyward
Crick
Romeus
Dunlap
Clayborn

Shane P. Hallam
01-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Don't forget DE Thad Gibson and CB Chimdi Chewka who are both juniors for the Buckeyes and likely to leave for the NFL.

RedVision
01-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I like that TJ Ward, he's on the small side, but he's got a nose for the ball.

Scotty D
01-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Heyward gets a big sack!

TitanHope
01-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Just small a suggestion, but has Scott thought about giving an option or making a whole new section where he organizes his prospects/rankings by schools? Something that can filter players by schools would be a nice convenient addition to the site.

We could potentially do this as a forum community. Assign a handful of knowlegeable, objective posters (3-4 would do) to a certain conference that they know about. Do that for every major conference, including the bigger non-BCS conferences. Then make a slightly bigger group to go over the prospects in say the Sun Belt, CUSA, etc, and even the FCS.

Perhaps if we did a good enough job, Scott would feature it on the main page. As a way to show that he involves the community here, which would no doubt inspire new posters to register for the site and try their hand at amateur draftniking. :D

Anyway, I'm pretty much just watching the QB's - especially Pryor since I don't get to watch him much. The Titans will need a DE come Draft day, so Thad Gibson is one I'll be keeping an eye on. Throw Cameron Heyward, Lawrence Wilson, and Robert Rose in there as well.

TheSlinger
01-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Jags aren't really a 3-4 team anymore, started the season like that but switched over to primarily a 4-3 team with some 3-4 looks.

PACKmanN
01-01-2010, 04:56 PM
any thoughts on Lawrence Wilson?

TACKLE
01-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Jags aren't really a 3-4 team anymore, started the season like that but switched over to primarily a 4-3 team with some 3-4 looks.

Do they run any 3-4 now? I know they were running a 3-4/4-3 hybrid and I was thinking with Heyward's versatility and his ability to play DE in a 3-4 and 4-3 and DT in a 4-3, he might allow them to be more flexible.

Also, Heyward has been playing great so far.

ThePudge
01-01-2010, 08:43 PM
LaMichael James, the young RB for Oregon has impressed me on a few occasions now. I'd like to see him in more standard formations to get a clear analysis, but this guy is really something to watch play. He'll be draft eligible next year and is one of my favorite small RB prospects to date. He ran for over 1600 yards this season, had over 20 receptions, and did this all in his first year as a college football player.

He runs strong, but has extremely good burst, and possesses big time speed. He's a big play Ray Rice. Right now, that sounds funny because of Rice's NFL success... but when I see James play, I see a little Rice. He's willing to get physical, is well built for his height, runs low and compact, and really has some giddy up getting out of his cuts. He's a personal favorite and I would imagine a high pick (1st-2nd Rd.) sometime in the next two and a half years...

redbills
01-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Don't forget DE Thad Gibson and CB Chimdi Chewka who are both juniors for the Buckeyes and likely to leave for the NFL.

They both need to come back imo.

TheSlinger
01-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Do they run any 3-4 now? I know they were running a 3-4/4-3 hybrid and I was thinking with Heyward's versatility and his ability to play DE in a 3-4 and 4-3 and DT in a 4-3, he might allow them to be more flexible.

Also, Heyward has been playing great so far.

Yes, they play some 3-4, and I think the versatility to play both fronts is something that they will consider strongly when making their selections.

Sniper
01-01-2010, 11:41 PM
They both need to come back imo.

Word is that Chekwa is now returning.