PDA

View Full Version : Washington Bullets Making a Return?

CashmoneyDrew
01-01-2010, 04:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4787825

I don't know what to make of this. It wouldn't surprise me, though if it was true. I don't even follow the NBA much and I remember something about Arenas used to have "friendly wagers" with teammates all the time. He never struck me as the type to pull a gun on someone.

Bengals78
01-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Well Arenas makes 17Mil this year or close to it, how can you rack up that much debt

Babylon
01-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I think the Stern needs to really come down on this one. Anything less than a 15-20 game suspension is really going to look weak.

Chucky
01-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I think the Stern needs to really come down on this one. Anything less than a 15-20 game suspension is really going to look weak.

In all honesty, I do not think a 15-20 game suspension is close to enough. Stern is going to have to come down much harder. I would not be surprised if he was suspended for the rest of the season

Shane P. Hallam
01-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Arenas is denying it. From his Twitter (and it's weird, and not verified, so not 100% sure this is real):

www.twitter.com/gilbertarenas

"when u become a great blogger u need great stories and a little drama ...for sum reason i stay with drama and i dont even leave my house"

"first the SHAQ drama..which im sorry to say wasnt true but it was great drama ..girls was throwin them panties Lt and rt 2 pay her bac"

"if u read the dates on the text on dec 23 we were gettn ready to celeb my daughter 3rd bday and march 5 the diesel was in houston playin"

"and she ws at hm..unless she knows how to teleport its hard to be in 2 places at one time..and if she can teleport i hope she does in the"

"summer so i can throw a killer pool party...just like the movie harold and kumar..its gonna be bottomless...jk or am i"

"most people was wondering why i never commented..becuz it wasnt true so what was the point in wasting my time..commenting on it"

"i felt it was the diesel problem ad i ws the victum..lol...being the victum was great i had girls hit me sayin im so so sorry if u need any-"

"thing just let me know and ill take care of u..i got like 45 massages about 32 (blow) i mean hand rubs LMAO pls dont take me to serious"

CC.SD
01-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Truly bizarre.

Brent
01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I was excited when I opened this thread because I thought it was going to be about the Wizards changing the team name back to the Bullets. I always thought that was a sweet team name.

TitleTown088
01-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Agent Zero, whether he did this or not, comes off as a huge idiot.

Mr.Regular
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
If you hide guns in your place of employment and pull them out in an argument with a coworker you should be punished severely. Isn't that some sort of criminal offense? Hollly

senormysterioso
01-02-2010, 12:36 PM
If you hide guns in your place of employment and pull them out in an argument with a coworker you should be punished severely. Isn't that some sort of criminal offense? Hollly

Umm, pretty much a criminal offense to pull a gun on somebody in any situation

Todd Bertuzzi
01-02-2010, 12:56 PM
The Wizards were aware that Arenas kept unloaded handguns in his locker.

Crickett
01-02-2010, 01:20 PM

Well, not in gun safety demonstrations, but otherwise no.

Just ask this guy. :D

zDQhaoocZPw

CJSchneider
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I laugh so hard I damn near cry every time I see that video.

Mr.Regular
01-02-2010, 01:26 PM
haha thats what I mean, why isn't he being charged?

SeanTaylorRIP
01-06-2010, 04:18 PM
After everything I've seen I think it's one of two things. One thing is that he might just have the mind of an 8 year old and be so immature that he is oblivious to how serious trouble he's in. The more likely scenario is that I truly think he is mentally unstable. The way he acts like last night doing the gun gestures in the pregame and then telling the media that he expects an apology for the media as he hasn't done anything wrong, I seriously think he's having major mental issues.This is no joking matter. Forget that you aren't allowed to have guns on NBA property or that he pulled a gun on his teammate, he had guns registered in VA so he still couldn't have them in D.C., and he had 4 guns. As much as I hate him as a basketball player and how the Wizards are tied down to him financially, I seriously worry about how the guy will handle being away from basketball. I fear something more serious will arise from this when he realizes that he will be facing serious legal ramifications.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Nevermind........................

TitansCJftw
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
looks like he has been suspended indefinitly could be a long time according to this http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4802267

wogitalia
01-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Guy is and always has been an idiot, this is just the latest. You only need to have watched him play over his career to know he isn't very bright but this is on a whole new level.

T-RICH49
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
now the report is Crittenton brought his gun and actually loaded a round into the chamber

Brodeur
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
If the Wiz get to void his contract, this is a cause for celebration for them.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
If the Wiz get to void his contract, this is a cause for celebration for them.

Can we void Jamison's contract too? Even if he gets off the books I'm fairly certain we still won't have enough cap to be a big player for one of he big FA's although I'll have to check that. The FO is stupid we'll probably resign Haywood to a 10-12 mil a year contract to use up our cap space. If only we could steal away Joe Johnson in free agency.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Can we void Jamison's contract too? Even if he gets off the books I'm fairly certain we still won't have enough cap to be a big player for one of he big FA's although I'll have to check that. The FO is stupid we'll probably resign Haywood to a 10-12 mil a year contract to use up our cap space. If only we could steal away Joe Johnson in free agency.

There are rumors we are looking to trade Butler for T-Mac's expiring contract. If that happens we will def have the money to sign a big FA. We have Haywood/James and Millers contract expiring this offseason. I am hoping for something to happen.