PDA

View Full Version : Noel Devine?

zachsaints52
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Ive been looking and im sorry if this has been posted but anyone know if he is staying or going? Thanks.

billybeejr
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Doesn't he have several children? He's gone, especially after that bowl game.

murdamal86
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36974&highlight=noel+devine

merge

IDK if he's going to stay or go but me thinks he should come out. He's one of those players to me that isn't going to do much more to improve his stock tremendously by staying

zachsaints52
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah he has children... And no wonder I didnt find the other one noone has messaged on it in over 2 weeks and I was looking at the underclassmen threads and all.

kwilk103
01-03-2010, 03:20 AM
before the bowl game said he was leaning towards coming back...but a good game might change that

he also hadnt thought about it, or talked to anyone about the draft....hadnt even filed the paperwork to get a grade

hes going to talk with the coaches this week

foozball
01-03-2010, 04:03 AM
He needs to come out. After consecutive 1000+ yard seasons, what else is another 1000+ yard season going to do? There's already enough game tape on him to analyze him correctly and there isn't much that's going to change in his game. The only thing that will raise his stock next year is if he gains 15 pounds and still maintains his speed/agility.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-03-2010, 11:26 AM
before the bowl game said he was leaning towards coming back...but a good game might change that

he also hadnt thought about it, or talked to anyone about the draft....hadnt even filed the paperwork to get a grade

hes going to talk with the coaches this week

Deion will tell him everything so not filing paper work doesn't really matter. At this point I'd say it's about 50/50 on wether he declares.

stephenson86
01-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Deion will tell him everything so not filing paper work doesn't really matter. At this point I'd say it's about 50/50 on wether he declares.

personally i reckon he should stay he could have a coming out party like spiller did this year

Todd Bertuzzi
01-03-2010, 12:29 PM
personally i reckon he should stay he could have a coming out party like spiller did this year

If he did come back he'd be facing a situation similar to what Jahvid Best is facing this year rather than Spiller. If I were him I'd declare. He's small so injuries are always a risk, he had a good season and projects to go in rounds 2/3 and of course there's the whole kids thing. I won't complain if he decides to come back though.

stephenson86
01-03-2010, 12:38 PM
If he did come back he'd be facing a situation similar to what Jahvid Best is facing this year rather than Spiller. If I were him I'd declare. He's small so injuries are always a risk, he had a good season and projects to go in rounds 2/3 and of course there's the whole kids thing. I won't complain if he decides to come back though.

injuries are a possibility but i think if he goes back he can only improve his stock, i dont see how he could lose stock

Babylon
01-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Getting caught from behind by Patrick Robinson wasnt a good image.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
He should come out, I think Spiller went back to prove that he could be a number one back. Devine has rulled that WV's backfield for 2 years now, he has nothing to prove and a lot to lose.

Side note: I can't believe he got walked from behind like that, I knew Patrick Robinson had speed but got dayum!! He made walkin Devine look easy!

Todd Bertuzzi
01-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Devine's 40 time will answer any questions about his speed.

DiG
01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
GIMME SOME DEVIIIINE. i love this kid. his straight line speed has never been his most impressive quality. he is very fast, dont get me wrong, but its his agility, cutting, and quickness that are his strongest assets not to mention the strength that he has given his size. on the robinson play i think he made the mistake of putting it on cruise control. guarantee he runs faster than robinson.

Babylon
01-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Devine's 40 time will answer any questions about his speed.

Usually does. Thing is i thought Robinson wasnt the fastest corner around when Riley Cooper kept running by him (he's really fast).

RGVBadBoy
01-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Noel Devine is another Darren Sproles I think they're pretty much the same player. Their acceleration is so quick that once they reach their final gear, its too late for anyone to catch up... That CB catching Devine the other day means nothing, Devine will run 4.40 at the Combine or his Pro Day...

I see Devine putting some weight on in the NFL and becoming an every down back like Brian Wesbrook..... Very good player

SnowPatrol
01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Devine is pretty good, but it didn't help his cause that he got tracked down from a 5 yard head start by #21 on the 'Noles pretty quick, I don't think his 40 time will be overly impressive, high 4.4 range IMO.

BaLLiN
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
if devine declares he's going to be a 3rd rounder IMO

ThePudge
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Devine is pretty good, but it didn't help his cause that he got tracked down from a 5 yard head start by #21 on the 'Noles pretty quick, I don't think his 40 time will be overly impressive, high 4.4 range IMO.

I agree that high 4.4s could be likely for Noel. The man that tracked him down, Patrick Robinson, may be a sub 4.35 athlete though. He'll certainly challenge for most impressive specimen at the Combine.

SnowPatrol
01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
I agree that high 4.4s could be likely for Noel. The man that tracked him down, Patrick Robinson, may be a sub 4.35 athlete though. He'll certainly challenge for most impressive specimen at the Combine.

I know, kind of impressive that Riley Cooper ran away from him when they played, that guy has incredible long speed!