PDA

View Full Version : Rank the NFC West and their likely records

49ersfan_87
03-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Everyone else is doing it..so why not NFCW. Projections?

fenikz
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
yah i was thinking about making one but i didn't want to me an ass

this is what i predict

49ers 10-6
Cardinals 8-8
Seahawks 7-9
Rams 5-11

dhoe20
03-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Seahawks - Division Winner
then the rest stay out of the playoffs
49ers
Rams
Cards

Smooth Criminal
03-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Seahawks - 10-6
49ers - 8-8
Cardinals - 7-9
Rams - 4-12

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2007, 05:31 PM
1. Seahawks 10-6
2. 49ers 9-7
3. Cardinals 7-9
4. Rams 7-9

fenikz
03-12-2007, 05:34 PM
if the cardinals could just win half of there games out side the NFC west we would be in the playoffs

dhoe20
03-12-2007, 05:35 PM
if the cardinals could just win half of there games out side the NFC west we would be in the playoffs

Too bad they won't do that. They're cursed! CURSED!

cardsalltheway
03-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Seahawks: 10-6
49ers: 9-7
Cardinals: 8-8
Rams: 6-10

Jensen
03-12-2007, 05:42 PM
1. Seahawks (10-6)
2. 49ers (9-7)
3. Cardinals (8-8)
4. Rams (6-10)

Vikes99ej
03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Seahawks: 9-7
Niners: 9-7
Rams: 8-8
Cardinals: 7-9

49erfaithful
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
49ers: 10-6
Seahawks: 9-7
St Louis: 9-7
Cardinals: 6-9

hugegmenfan
03-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Seahawks 12-4
49ers- 9-7 (theyll have a harder schedule this year and have no WRS)
Rams- 8-8
Cardinals- 6-10

fenikz
03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Too bad they won't do that. They're cursed! CURSED!

im starting to believe that

we lost like 4 games in the 4th that just should not happen

toonsterwu
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
As of now, I'd probably guess

1. St. Louis - Yeah, this one's probably out of the blue. But they played real well down the stretch when Olson took over the PC. The offense has improved in personnel. The draft will probably be used to upgrade the defensive personnel, and they've gotten some pass rush help with James Hall. Not a great team, but has the makings to be solid if everyone's healthy. Current win range guess: 6-10.

2. Seattle - Still a very solid all-around club ... but where are the big improvements. Let's not start with Patrick Kerney, who holds a soft spot in my heart for being a UVA guy ... but is an aging end who is best served in a situational role. THis is a defense that badly needs a healthy Marcus Tubbs to dominate the middle and free up the linebackers. You figure, at some point, their secondary will stay healthy ... right? That belies the offensive questions. There's no running back depth behind an aging Shaun Alexander, and the receiving options are only average. Even if we assume young growth on the OL improving that aspect, the weapons aren't as good as they seem. I don't see a bad team, I just don't see a good team. That said, current win guess range: 7-9 wins.

3. San Francisco 49ers - It's the loss of Norv Turner that really shifts them down for me. If Norv's there, it's a huge difference. Offensively, Ashley Lelie? Really ... Ashley Lelie? I mean, granted, he's probably better than anything currently on the roster ... but still. I think the OL is solid ... but I'm not sure if I see a dominant OL. That said, it should be good in the run. Alex still needs more weapons. Defensively, a lot of key assets added, but the pass rush off the edge still looks quite average, and deep support is also somewhat questionable on paper. The DL is solid for a 3-4 as of now. Estimated win range guess: 6-8 wins.

4. Arizona Cardinals - I don't really want to place them last. I like Whisenhunt and I like Grimm. I like the controlled offseason they've had. But I just like the other three teams slightly better. If I had to state reasons, it would start with an average secondary, whether or not they can consistently bring pressue from base sets, the 2nd tier in coverage, the ability of the run game to be a dangerous threat. That said, their current win range guess: 6-8 wins, which is similar to all the other teams. In short, don't see that much separation ... as of now.

Tis early, and a lot of time to go.

edge_V
03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
idk why everyone has the rams at the bottom. Our Offense is loaded now, it's going to be just as good as last year, and no one on that offense as proved that they've lost a step at all. The niners went out and spent money, but they're being overly hyped, despite their offseason so far, they're not going to leap the whole division. The cardinals also looks like they could improve a lot, but they're the cardinals, and you just can't trust their "hype". The seahawks are still the best team in the division, until they prove that they're reign is over, i have no reason to assume they won't beat all three of the other teams.

hugegmenfan
03-12-2007, 07:03 PM
i do not think people realize how good the seahawks r going to b- they signed 2 very good safeties in grant and russell- they signed kerney who if healthy is a presence- they have a good WR combo
if hasselbeck, alexander and every 1 is healthy they r the #1 team in the NFC imo

toonsterwu
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
The biggest "acquisition" for the Seahawks, though, is a healthy Marcus Tubbs, who can free up his fellow DL talent and protect the LB's, thus allowing them to play more free and aggressively.

Auron
03-12-2007, 07:09 PM
The biggest "acquisition" for the Seahawks, though, is a healthy Marcus Tubbs, who can free up his fellow DL talent and protect the LB's, thus allowing them to play more free and aggressively.

Yeah that's pretty big for them.. Seattle has a smaller, more athletic LB corps. (Tatupu, Hill, Peterson) so it's big for them to have active D-line play.. to keep the Interior linemen off of them as much as possible.

Not going to go in depth too much but I like the Rams as well, if Steven Jackson can pick up where he left off I think he'll put up MVPlike numbers...all they need is moderate Defensive upgrade.

SanFran
03-12-2007, 08:34 PM
No division predictions but all i can say is that Niners will be Pretty Good on the defensive side of the ball ,3-4 perfection

stl9erfan
03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Niners: 10-6
Seahawks: 10-6
Cardinals:4-12

I see it as being a pretty even division, with the Cardinals really getting dragged down by their coaching change. A lot of people are talking about how much it hurts SF to lose Norv, but at least they're keeping the same system. The Cardinals are going to be a different team next year with Whisenhunt, and it may take Leinart a while to adjust. As far as who wins the division, it's close, but I'd say the Niners on tiebreakers. As for the Rams, I really like the addition of Drew Bennett. I think he's exactly the kind of #2 wideout that offense needs. But as of right now (pre-draft) I just see too many holes on their D to call them a serious playoff contender. (Note: I'm trying to be as non-homerish as possible on these, and obviously it could shift after the draft and/or if any more significant FA signings come into the NFC West).

fenikz
03-12-2007, 08:57 PM
wait going from a system that won 15 games over 3 years and changing to one that won a superbowl is a bad thing?

bored of education
03-12-2007, 09:00 PM
1. Rams 11-5
2. Seahawks 9-7
3. 49ers 8-8
4. Cards 6-10

stl9erfan
03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
wait going from a system that won 15 games over 3 years and changing to one that won a superbowl is a bad thing?

No, it just takes a while to adjust to it (i.e. at least a year) especially when your starting QB is just entering his second year in the league. That's not a shot at Whisenhunt's system, I'm just pointing out that no matter how good it is, it will take everyone on the team some time to master it and become as comfortable in it as they were in the old one. In that adjustment period, you can probably expect to lose a few extra games, but over the long haul, I think Whisenhunt was the best or second best choice the Cardinals could have made (I can't believe nobody offered Grimm a HC job).

Tubby
03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Seahawks: 12-4
Niners: 6-10
Cards: 4-12

KCJ58
03-12-2007, 11:50 PM
RAMS: 16-0
Cardinals: 0-16
49ers: 0-16
Seahawks: 0-16

ninerfan
03-12-2007, 11:50 PM
dunno bout the rest but

49ers 10 - 6 and wild card loser week 1

A-Dub4President
03-13-2007, 02:43 AM
No, it just takes a while to adjust to it (i.e. at least a year) especially when your starting QB is just entering his second year in the league. That's not a shot at Whisenhunt's system, I'm just pointing out that no matter how good it is, it will take everyone on the team some time to master it and become as comfortable in it as they were in the old one. In that adjustment period, you can probably expect to lose a few extra games, but over the long haul, I think Whisenhunt was the best or second best choice the Cardinals could have made (I can't believe nobody offered Grimm a HC job).

Leinart switched offensive coordinators midway through last season and actually got alot better, so I'm not really sure that's a big issue. Not trying to pick apart your rankings, but there are plenty of other reasons you could've had the Cards pegged lower (kind of like how they don't have a LT or SLB). As for my predictions:

1. Seattle Seahawks 11-5 (With Alexander and Hasselbeck healthy they return to form)

2. Arizona Cardinals 9-7 (They finish with the same record as the 9ers, but they seem to have Frisco's number, sweeping them two years in a row)

3. San Francisco 49ers 9-7 (The defense is making major strides to compete with the high octane NFC West offensives, but after losing Norv Turner and still not having a number one wideout their offense is a little bit shaky).

4. St. Louis Rams 6-10 (I don't trust their defense at all. They'll be in alot of nail biters for sure with that offense, but it's hard to see them comin out on top).

yodabear
03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
I refuse to make dumbass predictions before the ******* draft, so until then, I don't give a **** what all ur dumbasses say except for Toonster, KCJ58, and boredofeducation.

stl9erfan
03-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Leinart switched offensive coordinators midway through last season and actually got alot better, so I'm not really sure that's a big issue. Not trying to pick apart your rankings, but there are plenty of other reasons you could've had the Cards pegged lower (kind of like how they don't have a LT or SLB).

Sure he switched offensive coordinators, but did he switch SCHEMES? I have a feeling he was still running Denny Green's offense, no matter who was actually calling the plays.

Let's be clear, I'm not saying that the Cardinal's don't have other issues (because they do), and I'm not saying that Whisenhunt's personality or playcalling are going to cause Leinart to regress. What I'm saying is that the switch in systems, terminology, and philosophy will slow down his development at any rate. Much moreso than, say, SF changing OC's but keeping the same system will.

Edit: And I don't think I'll be saying this very often, but I agree with yodachu here. If anyone is taking my, or anyone else's rankings at this point seriously, don't, just don't. There's much too much offseason left to go. I just kind of threw mine out there for fun, nothing more.

Larry
03-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I refuse to make dumbass predictions before the ******* draft, so until then, I don't give a **** what all ur dumbasses say except for Toonster, KCJ58, and boredofeducation.

Yeah I can't make a prediction until after the draft also.

yodabear
03-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah I can't make a prediction until after the draft also.

Add Larry to my good list.