PDA

View Full Version : Who has the 4th pick?

FloridaSkinzFan
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I think the redskins and chiefs have the same record.....coin flip?

hawkeye123
01-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I believe whichever team had the easier schedule will get the higher pick.

RaiderNation
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Kansas City will

Da Big Harv
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Washington fans on the other site I'm on are saying they have it

don't know for sure

stephenson86
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
i thought it was a coin flip

RaiderNation
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
This is last weeks order http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

The higher % means you have the lower pick. Im pretty sure the %'s woudnt change hat much for both teams so KC should have it

RaiderNation
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
i thought it was a coin flip

Coin flip when they have the same Opp W-L %

ChiFan24
01-03-2010, 08:07 PM
This is last weeks order http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

The higher % means you have the lower pick. Im pretty sure the %'s woudnt change hat much for both teams so KC should have it

no, lower % gets it. it's probably washington.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I would imagine we would have it considering they beat us this year. Damn a percentage!

toddmlazarchick
01-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Washington will have the 4th pick with a .500 win percentage and KC will have the 5th pick with a .521 win percentage

Shane P. Hallam
01-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Per Adam Schefter, it is a coin flip.

toddmlazarchick
01-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Per Adam Schefter, it is a coin flip.

Schefter is an idiot.

Washington's opponents had 124 wins while Kansas City's opponents had 132 wins. Washington will have the 4th pick.

No coin flip. A coin flip would be needed if their opponents had the same amount of wins.

toddmlazarchick
01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

Updated after the 4pm games. Proof no coin flip is needed.

FloridaSkinzFan
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM
redskins have 4th pick according here:

http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

plus on the side note.... the chiefs beat us this year...

EDIT: sorry toddmlazarchick just saw you posted same link...hope its correct.

j05son
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
If two or more teams have the same record it comes down to strength of schedule. To determine the SOS add the wins that every team Wash and KC played (which means division opponents would be counted twice, once for each time they were played). If this is the same it goes to DIV % if both teams are in the same division. If the tie is still not broken it goes to CONFERENCE % if both teams are in the same conference. If there is still a tie then a coin flip will be used.

Head to Head does not matter at all.

Also is the lowest in every case, lowest SOS gets first pick, lowest division % goes first, etc.

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
There is a God!!

Scott Wright
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I am pretty sure Washington will have it but don't quote me until after tonight's game.

Kansas City's meaningless win today may have cost them Russell Okung...

toddmlazarchick
01-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Washington does have it. Theres no way KC can take the 4th pick. IMO they lost Okung before today.

j05son
01-03-2010, 09:03 PM
WASHINGTON

nyg 8
stl 1
det 2
tb 3
car 8
kc 4
phi 11
atl 9
den 8
dal 11
phi 11
no 13
oak 5
nyg 8
dal 11
sd 13

TOTAL = 126

KANSAS CITY

bal 9
oak 5
phi 11
nyg 8
dal 11
was 4
sd 13
jac 7
oak 5
pit 9
sd 13
den 8
buf 6
cle 5
cin 10+1
den 8

TOTAL = 132 (133 if Cincy wins)

Kansas City picks 5th and Washington picks 4th regardless of tonights game.

YotoJets007
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
4th overall pick should belong to Redskins. Good chance for them to land a franchise LT unless they get Shanny.

Basileus777
01-03-2010, 09:14 PM
With the way Brandon Albert has played at LT during the 2nd half of the season, Okung to the Chiefs doesn't make a ton of sense anyway.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I love the depth of OT's we can get at the top of the 2nd round. Give me Eric Berry so Landry can play SS or just trade Landry since I love Horton at SS. Skins secondary is as poor as the O-line. It is pathetic how poor the secondary is considering that we have 2 of the top 10 sack guys in the league with Orakpo and Andre Carter to go along with Haynesworth so pass rush is not an issue. We also have a great LB core, it's just our secondary which is so damn pathetic.

Chucky
01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I love the depth of OT's we can get at the top of the 2nd round. Give me Eric Berry so Landry can play SS or just trade Landry since I love Horton at SS. Skins secondary is as poor as the O-line. It is pathetic how poor the secondary is considering that we have 2 of the top 10 sack guys in the league with Orakpo and Andre Carter to go along with Haynesworth so pass rush is not an issue. We also have a great LB core, it's just our secondary which is so damn pathetic.

There is a good chance that Eric Berry doesn't last until 4. I could see it going 1.Suh 2. McCoy/Berry 3. McCoy/Berry

j05son
01-03-2010, 09:37 PM
If anyone cares at all, the first 8 picks:
1. St. Louis
2. Detroit
3. Tampa Bay
4. Washington
5. Kansas City
6. Seattle
7. Cleveland
8. Oakland

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
There is a good chance that Eric Berry doesn't last until 4. I could see it going 1.Suh 2. McCoy/Berry 3. McCoy/Berry

Don't forget that Clausen fellow.

FloridaSkinzFan
01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Don't forget that Clausen fellow.

Yep.

also, I look forward to seeing a new mock draft with this updated order!

Scott Wright
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Yep.

also, I look forward to seeing a new mock draft with this updated order!

New mock will be coming after the underclassmen deadline.

I'll probably launch it right before I head to Mobile for the Senior Bowl.

As for the Redskins, it will be either QB or OT for them.

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Ahh Scott at the Senior Bowl means the draft is that much closer!!! :).

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-04-2010, 12:34 AM
We are drafting Eric Berry people, we can get a tackle in the 2nd AND 4th round. If we pass on Berry I'm gonna hard myself....

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Oops, I meant *harm

FUNBUNCHER
01-04-2010, 12:47 AM

Dude!! NO. (speaking as a Skinsfan!:rolleyes: )

The chances of selecting a quality pass blocking LT at the top of the 2nd round is miniscule.

The Skins need to snag Okung or Anthony Davis with the 4th pick and call it a day.

You have better chances of picking a good FS at the top of the 2nd round this year than a stud LT.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-04-2010, 01:54 AM
What would be the point of passing on Berry? Prospects w/ his skillset aren't growing on trees, he is by far the best DB coming out since ST. Russell Okung on the other hand isn't one of those "special prospects". Yes is better than a 2nd round prospect (I.e Ciron Black), but how much better? Meanwhile Eric Berry will be far better than the Nate Allens or Darrell Stuckeys of the world. The only other safety I would want us to take is Chad Jones but I would much rather have Berry...

Forenci
01-04-2010, 02:34 AM
What would be the point of passing on Berry? Prospects w/ his skillset aren't growing on trees, he is by far the best DB coming out since ST. Russell Okung on the other hand isn't one of those "special prospects". Yes is better than a 2nd round prospect (I.e Ciron Black), but how much better? Meanwhile Eric Berry will be far better than the Nate Allens or Darrell Stuckeys of the world. The only other safety I would want us to take is Chad Jones but I would much rather have Berry...

Eh, I'd disagree on numerous points. I don't think Berry is that good of a prospect, albeit he is still a legit top 15 pick.

One could argue safety will be a deep position too depending on who stays and who doesn't. Earl Thomas, Major Wright (well, that may be stretching it a bit), Nate Allen, Taylor Mays, Reshad Jones, Chad Jones, etc. are all pretty good safeties depending on who comes out and who doesn't. A few of them should be available in the second round too.

It will probably depend on Bruce Allen's philosophy too. If it's BPA then you may go Berry, but if it's need then you'll probably go OT/QB like Scott said.

I think in recent years the vast majority of teams have all leaned toward filling needs as opposed to going with the best pick available, particularly because teams that pick top 5 usually want to address their most pressing needs. Granted for as bad as the Redskins were this year they do have some talent on both sides of the ball (more so offensively than defensively) so they could look to go BPA more so than a team like the Lions or Rams.

Okung would be a really nice pick if the Redskins could land him, and drafting a QB when Jason Campbell could very well be on his way out could also be a real possibility.

You may want Berry, because you like him, but that's not a given that your team will want to select him. Also, comparing Ciron Black to Russell Okung...probably not such a good idea.

kmartin575
01-04-2010, 03:09 AM
I am pretty sure Washington will have it but don't quote me until after tonight's game.

That's fine, would rather not take a tackle that IMO is not going to be any better than Branden Albert anyways.

kmartin575
01-04-2010, 03:12 AM
With the way Brandon Albert has played at LT during the 2nd half of the season, Okung to the Chiefs doesn't make a ton of sense anyway.

Yep, he just had to get used to relying on technique instead of using his 340 pound body to more easily shield off defenders. Took him a while but he's finally coming back around and showing us he is the same player he was as a rookie.

vidae
01-04-2010, 03:22 AM

I sure hope so. We don't need an OT. Our offensive line problems are in the interior and with how Albert has played lately he deserves to stick there at LT. Iupati, O'Dowd or Tennant in the second and that'd go a long way to fixing our line troubles.

As for 5th overall, Rolando McClain, welcome to KC. :D

Me Likey Rookies
01-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Suh, McCoy, or Berry guaranteed to the Bucs = AWESOME!

If you want Berry, skins fans, you better hope StL takes a QB.

Addict
01-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Suh, McCoy, or Berry guaranteed to the Bucs = AWESOME!

If you want Berry, skins fans, you better hope StL takes a QB.

if STL doesn't take QB they won't take Berry #1, and if the pick is Suh the Lions will (or at least, should) go for McCoy.

Looks like Berry for the Bucs in my book.

DiG
01-04-2010, 08:21 AM
As for the Redskins, it will be either QB or OT for them.

you know you wanna go with okung scott!!

descendency
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM

Sam Bradford is being rumored by a number of people because the redskins can just pick the phone up and ask Dr. James Andrews (who works for the Skins and is Bradford's doctor on this matter) about his shoulder. If it checks out, supposedly they want Bradford.

edit: A new GM, a new Coach, and your owner hates your QB. There is ZERO chance for Campbell to be back. I'd say your biggest needs are QB then OT.

DiG
01-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Sam Bradford is being rumored by a number of people because the redskins can just pick the phone up and ask Dr. James Andrews (who works for the Skins and is Bradford's doctor on this matter) about his shoulder. If it checks out, supposedly they want Bradford.

edit: A new GM, a new Coach, and your owner hates your QB. There is ZERO chance for Campbell to be back. I'd say your biggest needs are QB then OT.

How do you know that Allen hates Campbell? And how does our new Coach hate Campbell when we dont even have a coach yet? Im not promoting the idea that Campbell will be back, just saying that your argument is ridiculous.

No QB in the league could survive behind what could be the worst OLine in the NFL in the last 15-20 years. Free Agency will obviously play a part into the Draft but there are really no franchise OTs available, with our without a new CBA.

Bradfords injury concerns, question marks with his arm strength, and the fact that he has to transition from the spread offense (of which he played in 2.25 games his junior year) make him as much if not more of a project in my eyes than Colt Brennan.

TaylorMade
01-04-2010, 09:40 AM
If they hire Shanahan, I'd be shocked if they do not go with either Claussen or Bradford. And super shocked if both are available at their selection.

2 Live Crew
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I might throw up in my mouth if they take Bradford/Clausen...

For Skins fans who have actually seen this train wreck of an O-line...you know who the pick needs to be. It is the worst offensive line I've ever seen in all my years of watching football.

FUNBUNCHER
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I might throw up in my mouth if they take Bradford/Clausen...

For Skins fans who have actually seen this train wreck of an O-line...you know who the pick needs to be. It is the worst offensive line I've ever seen in all my years of watching football.

Our Oline wasn't even the worst in the NFL.

They had injuries and we're starting a QB who doesn't have it in him to carry an offense.

Anthony Davis(!!) or Okung, whoever takes the lead during the predraft evaluation process.

DiG
01-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Our Oline wasn't even the worst in the NFL.

They had injuries and we're starting a QB who doesn't have it in him to carry an offense.

I hope your kidding about not being the worst in the NFL. Maybe not "statistically" as the Packers gave up more sacks but I will hold strong that the players we started throughout the year were some of the worst in the last 10 years easily. And forget the injuries because we arent getting those players back. Samuels and Thomas are done and gone.

FUNBUNCHER
01-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I hope your kidding about not being the worst in the NFL. Maybe not "statistically" as the Packers gave up more sacks but I will hold strong that the players we started throughout the year were some of the worst in the last 10 years easily. And forget the injuries because we arent getting those players back. Samuels and Thomas are done and gone.

Take a look at that clip where Rak got 4 sacks against the Raiders.

Russell had no time to set up and BOTH our DEs were crashing the pocket.

The Skins Oline for the most part was poor to average, which would look significantly better with an upgrade at QB.

That said, I still want Bruce to draft Anthony Davis/Okung with the fourth pick.

descendency
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
How do you know that Allen hates Campbell? And how does our new Coach hate Campbell when we dont even have a coach yet? Im not promoting the idea that Campbell will be back, just saying that your argument is ridiculous.

I didn't say Allen hates Campbell. I said Snyder does. Allen didn't draft Campbell. Neither did Shanahan (which we all know is coming).

When new regimes come in, so do new QBs. It's 1:1. The Browns may be the first that don't do that in some time (because Mangini may be fired before he can)

edit: Not all new regime's draft QBs though. Take Tony Romo who went undrafted. Or Jake Delhomme.

DiG
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I didn't say Allen hates Campbell. I said Snyder does. Allen didn't draft Campbell. Neither did Shanahan (which we all know is coming).

When new regimes come in, so do new QBs. It's 1:1. The Browns may be the first that don't do that in some time (because Mangini may be fired before he can)

edit: Not all new regime's draft QBs though. Take Tony Romo who went undrafted. Or Jake Delhomme.

the way you worded your original post i took it that you were saying that the new gm, new coach, and owner all hated the qb. but i see what you were getting at now. just look at brennan as our romo :)

gpngc
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM

No QB in the league could survive behind what could be the worst OLine in the NFL in the last 15-20 years. Free Agency will obviously play a part into the Draft but there are really no franchise OTs available, with our without a new CBA.

Bradfords injury concerns, question marks with his arm strength, and the fact that he has to transition from the spread offense (of which he played in 2.25 games his junior year) make him as much if not more of a project in my eyes than Colt Brennan.

lol. The first thing Shanny is going to do is find himself a QB. It'll be Bradford or Clausen.

RealityCheck
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I can't see the Skins picking anybody but Okung or Clausen.

descendency
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
the way you worded your original post i took it that you were saying that the new gm, new coach, and owner all hated the qb. but i see what you were getting at now. just look at brennan as our romo :)

I liked Colt Brennan in the little bit I've seen him. But he still falls into the same boat as Campbell.

If Brennan or Campbell impresses the new coach, they may stay. The likelihood is the cheaper of the two stays as a backup.

I am one who thinks Campbell will improve someone's QB situation, like Minnesota's (if Favre leaves).

Babylon
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
If they hire Shanahan, I'd be shocked if they do not go with either Claussen or Bradford. And super shocked if both are available at their selection.

The Skins are drafting 5th and the Rams are likely to take Ndamakung Suh, how are Bradford and Clausen both going to be gone? that makes no sense to me.

DiG
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
The Skins are drafting 5th and the Rams are likely to take Ndamakung Suh, how are Bradford and Clausen both going to be gone? that makes no sense to me.

skins draft 4th...and he said hed be surprised it BOTH were available...meaning one is likely gone

descendency
01-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Washington picks 4th. Neither Detroit nor Tampa Bay will go QB. Only St Louis might (Clausen is the only pro-franchise QB I see in the draft if Mallett doesn't declare). So, he's wrong.

edit: Oh. I miss-read it too. One will likely be gone with Clausen to the Rams. I'd say the Rams are probably going to be 50/50 on Clausen versus Suh.

Babylon
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
skins draft 4th...and he said hed be surprised it BOTH were available...meaning one is likely gone

I read it wrong. I actually will be surprised if either goes that high.(top 3)

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Man look, I live in DC and watch the Skins play every week. The national media may talk as if Campbell is some scared bum but he proved last season (1st 8 games) that w/ time he can do damage as well as proving how tough he is this year with that monstrosity of a line. I don't see us takin a QB in THIS draft period, bottom line is Campbell needs a fair assessment b4 we just throw him away. Dan Marino wouldn't have been able to get the job done w/ Edwin Williams, Mike Williams, Will Montgomery and Stephon Heyer blocking for him.

I still don't think we draft a tackle IF Berry is there because our "vaunted" secondary stinks, every week it was the same shh!t. Rogers, Hall and Smoot biting on double moves, Landry peeking in the backfield 30 yards down the and gettin burned, endless blown coverages and the extreme lack of turnovers. That all makes it obvious we need a playmaker in the secondary, Berry obviously is the biggest playmaker in the draft.

I won't be mad if we take Okung (is he worth it) or trade down and get Bruce or Bulaga, however id be a lot happier if we take Berry at 4 then grab however many tackles we want w/ the rest of our picks. Taking a QB IN THIS DRAFT would be a mistake...

RealityCheck
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I am one who thinks Campbell will improve someone's QB situation, like Minnesota's (if Favre leaves).
Am I the only one who sees Campbell throwing INT's to the Pats, Jets and Dolphins in Toronto next year?