PDA

View Full Version : Strategy...

mtmock
03-12-2007, 05:37 PM
With the clock ticking towards the NFL Draft Jerry Jones has a lot on his mind...what do you think his strategies are heading in to the draft w/ our FA stint most likely over...I believe he will look at 4 things round 1...The best available out of these 3 positions: FS,CB,WR...or a trade down out of R.1...so right now Reggie Nelson, Meriweather, Chris Houston, Darrelle Revis, Marcus McCauley(sadly), Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett look like our options. Thoughts?

TNewFan41
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
We absolutely don't need a CB, so throw that out. I would love Reggie Nelson.

dc4life
03-12-2007, 06:00 PM
We absolutely don't need a CB, so throw that out. I would love Reggie Nelson.

We do need a CB...

Henry is 31-32 years of age right now, with nagging injuries, and Aaron Glenn might not even return. There goes our nickelback. If Nelson is gone, we will draft a CB or linemen.

mtmock
03-12-2007, 06:02 PM
yes we do! if a CB like houston is on the board and no FS yes we do.you act like its not a postion of need...theres probly a 50-50 chance henry goes to FS so try to think before you speak...yes we'd all love nelson but theres a good chance he aint there...so WR and CB become other r.1 options...you are giving your self a bad rep around here for lack of facts, stubborness, and not thinking at all. and you never gave me that link from michael smith on ESPN about the juius trade...you werent makin it up right?

TNewFan41
03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I just don't want a CB, but w/e.

mtmock
03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
sadly the cowboys dont draft out of TNewfan41's wish list...but don't make stuff up like theres no need for a CB when theres a good chance thats our pick...no link for that michael smith article about trading Julius or what...i guessed right it was your imagination. ;)

dc4life
03-12-2007, 06:09 PM
yes we do! if a CB like houston is on the board and no FS yes we do.you act like its not a postion of need...theres probly a 50-50 chance henry goes to FS so try to think before you speak...yes we'd all love nelson but theres a good chance he aint there...so WR and CB become other r.1 options...you are giving your self a bad rep around here for lack of facts, stubborness, and not thinking at all. and you never gave me that link from michael smith on ESPN about the juius trade...you werent makin it up right?

If Nelson is off the board, and we do Draft a CB he could start at nickel if Glenn doesnt return. Or we could make the rookie start at CB, and move Henry back to FS.
I'd rather give Watkin's a legit chance though.

pocketaces
03-12-2007, 08:07 PM
*Mondays Headlines and Free-Agency News*

Indianapolis signs Arizona QB John Navarre

The Cowboys are rumored to be willing to part with HB Julius Jones for the right price

Michael Bush has announced that he will run at Louisville's Pro Day on March 26th

this is from another site but it does mention the possibility of a julious trade

leroyisgod
03-12-2007, 08:12 PM
If we stay in the first round, I see us drafting OLB, CB or WR. I think OL might be out of the question in round 1, but don't be surprised if we go G in round 2. The scenario would be that the rookie guars sits his first year and then takes over the RG position on '08 while Davis moves to LT to replace Flozell.

I know a lot of people don't think that WR is a necessity right now, but I see it happening. There's a lot of good prospects out there right now. I'm interested in Bowe, Meachem, Gonzalez or Smith.

KILLERSANTA
03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I say we trade down and Draft Tank..............Do you guys not understand how F***ed we are, if Fergie goes down??

Paul
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM
This maybe the first time ever, but I agree with TNew. I do not want a CB in the 1st, it's pretty much Nelson or trade down for me. Or trade up for Nelson.

JJJ888
03-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I've got a couple of thoughts that sort of connect, so I hope you all can follow me.

1. Our needs in the first round of the draft:
-In my mind, we need: a nosetackle to relieve Ferguson and be the future of the position or, a defensive back to improve the secondary, and possibly be our future starter, specifically at corner.

2. Potential other needs for the first round:
-A Wide Receiver to develop into a future #1 target. Obviously, if a certain player is to be released, this position becomes a need rather than a "wish."
-An offensive lineman, possibly a future left tackle, to help increase the depth on our line.

3. Impacts of the first round pick:
-In my mind a nose tackle and a defensive back can both come in and contribute immediately on this team.
-Unless TO is released, a WR will either hinder the development of Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, and Miles Austin, or will have his own development hindered by one or more of the three previously mentioned wide receivers.
-Any offensive lineman, I believe, would not be able to start for the Dallas Cowboys at this point in time, unless he were to unseat Kyle Kosier, which I believe to be highly unlikely.

4. Value in the first round:
-I believe that there are 2 previously listed positions that have value where we pick at 22: cornerback and wide receiver. Any selection of an offensive lineman or nose tackle would be a reach at that point.

5. TO
-At some point, this controversial wide receiver will have to be addressed. I don't want to speculate as to what the organization will do, or as to my personal feelings about the receiver, but I think that if we can find good value of a Wide Receiver at the 22nd spot (a receiver who can be a #1 target), then Terrell Owens does become expendable.

6. To address the "Reggie Nelson syndrome":
-I believe that Nelson is a ballhawk and a playmaker. I don't doubt his ability.
-I do believe, however, that there are better defensive backs in this draft (specifically Leon Hall, Darrell Revis, Aaron Ross, and of course, LaRon Landry).
-I believe that Patrick Watkins can play, and will be a very good safety if he is allowed to develop. I even believe that Watkins can be an adequate starter this season if necessary.
-I think that picking a safety in the first round of the draft will hinder Watkins' development.
-Based on all of these factors, I believe that the best move for the organization, if it wishes to address the defensive backfield, is to move Anthony Henry to safety (although I'm not extremely confident in his abilities as a safety), allow Watkins to develop under him, and to draft a cornerback who will start, and be ready to start, opposite Terrence Newman.

7. Finally, I do believe that we can be afforded the luxury of drafting BPA in this draft.
-I think there are, however, a couple of positions that need to be addressed at some point:
-A cornerback with the potential to start
-Depth along the offensive line
-A nose tackle to spell Ferguson
-A developmental quarterback

mtmock
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
i would love Bowe or Jarrett right now the team has high hopes for watkins....wr and CB would be the best available at that point...Allison maybe if we trade down

dc4life
03-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I've got a couple of thoughts that sort of connect, so I hope you all can follow me.

1. Our needs in the first round of the draft:
-In my mind, we need: a nosetackle to relieve Ferguson and be the future of the position or, a defensive back to improve the secondary, and possibly be our future starter, specifically at corner.

2. Potential other needs for the first round:
-A Wide Receiver to develop into a future #1 target. Obviously, if a certain player is to be released, this position becomes a need rather than a "wish."
-An offensive lineman, possibly a future left tackle, to help increase the depth on our line.

3. Impacts of the first round pick:
-In my mind a nose tackle and a defensive back can both come in and contribute immediately on this team.
-Unless TO is released, a WR will either hinder the development of Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, and Miles Austin, or will have his own development hindered by one or more of the three previously mentioned wide receivers.
-Any offensive lineman, I believe, would not be able to start for the Dallas Cowboys at this point in time, unless he were to unseat Kyle Kosier, which I believe to be highly unlikely.

4. Value in the first round:
-I believe that there are 2 previously listed positions that have value where we pick at 22: cornerback and wide receiver. Any selection of an offensive lineman or nose tackle would be a reach at that point.

5. TO
-At some point, this controversial wide receiver will have to be addressed. I don't want to speculate as to what the organization will do, or as to my personal feelings about the receiver, but I think that if we can find good value of a Wide Receiver at the 22nd spot (a receiver who can be a #1 target), then Terrell Owens does become expendable.

6. To address the "Reggie Nelson syndrome":
-I believe that Nelson is a ballhawk and a playmaker. I don't doubt his ability.
-I do believe, however, that there are better defensive backs in this draft (specifically Leon Hall, Darrell Revis, Aaron Ross, and of course, LaRon Landry).
-I believe that Patrick Watkins can play, and will be a very good safety if he is allowed to develop. I even believe that Watkins can be an adequate starter this season if necessary.
-I think that picking a safety in the first round of the draft will hinder Watkins' development.
-Based on all of these factors, I believe that the best move for the organization, if it wishes to address the defensive backfield, is to move Anthony Henry to safety (although I'm not extremely confident in his abilities as a safety), allow Watkins to develop under him, and to draft a cornerback who will start, and be ready to start, opposite Terrence Newman.

7. Finally, I do believe that we can be afforded the luxury of drafting BPA in this draft.
-I think there are, however, a couple of positions that need to be addressed at some point:
-A cornerback with the potential to start
-Depth along the offensive line
-A nose tackle to spell Ferguson
-A developmental quarterback

Agreed on the need of a cornerback. Also we don't have to move Henry to free safety right away. The new corner can get some plays in at nickleback to develope into a future starter and Watkins can have his legit shot at FS. I think drafting safety in the first round would pretty much indicate giving up on Watkins. I'm not totally against this but, it's really looking less likely that Nelson will be there.

Also, I was wondering just how many good 3-4 NT are there in this draft? Does anyone know if Montavious Stanley is improving or what? Any news on this guy at all?

Im_a_Romosexual
03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I seriously doubt WR in the first. I don't see us taking a NT @22, but if we trade down its a distinct possibility we take tank tyler. The most likely pick IMO is a safety I don't care what Jerry says, my eyes tell me we need an upgrade at FS.

JJJ888
03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I believe that Montavious Stanley is no longer with the Cowboys. They broke up some time during the middle of the season.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-12-2007, 11:38 PM
I think we resigned him towards the end of the season

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2007, 02:04 AM
This maybe the first time ever, but I agree with TNew. I do not want a CB in the 1st, it's pretty much Nelson or trade down for me. Or trade up for Nelson.

would you be upset if we stayed and drafted griffin or merriweather?

shane_man
03-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Im thinking we are looking to trade out of the first round this year or take the BPA... It just doesnt seem that we have any need which matches value at that point in the draft... I get the feeling we might trade down a few times to accumulate picks for next years draft and onwards...

nrcirc
03-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I believe that Montavious Stanley is no longer with the Cowboys. They broke up some time during the middle of the season.

It is the other way around. We cut him on the TC and signed him back in the early part of season. He was traveled between teams (AZ, PIT Etc). This is what Bill said around 10 weeks in the 2006 season, He is much better player than when we cut him, they tough him well. He will be okay.

Macarthur
03-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I think they would like for Nelson to be there and take him, thank you very much.

If he is gone, I think they seriously look for trade down offers. I do not think you go WR in the first. That is a position that has a very poor 1st round draft history. Without us knowing what they want to do with Henry, it's really impossible to know if CB is a real need. I'm not sure why someone would say Glenn might not be back. He is in great shape physically. He only plays 10 or so snaps a game. He could play another two years after this one. I do not think there is value at DT, OL at that pick. The dark horse is OLB/DE. It would be interesting if someone like Moss falls in the draft (I know that's unlikely). I think the value/need match in the first is S or OLB/DE. If there is not a player there that fits, I would trade down.

I also think WR should be addressed, but in the 2nd or 3rd. Allison or Higgins are my two favs.

If we go OL in the first day, my guess would be OT to replace Flozell next year (Free or Marten).

I also think DT is a need, but I think you can find those guys on the 2nd day.

Having said all that, here's my strategy.

1st - Nelson - If he's gone trade down to late 20's and pick and take BPA, maybe Spencer or Amiamiri

2nd - Allison or OT (Free or Marten)

3rd - Kareem Brown DT

3rd (extra pick if trading down) - BPA WR or OL depending on previous picks, maybe Higgins, Quincy Black LB or Mike Jones G

4th - Kyle Young C/G

5th - DeAndre Jackson CB

6th - Stephen Nicholas LB

7th - BPA

dc4life
03-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I think they would like for Nelson to be there and take him, thank you very much.

If he is gone, I think they seriously look for trade down offers. I do not think you go WR in the first. That is a position that has a very poor 1st round draft history. Without us knowing what they want to do with Henry, it's really impossible to know if CB is a real need. I'm not sure why someone would say Glenn might not be back. He is in great shape physically. He only plays 10 or so snaps a game. He could play another two years after this one. I do not think there is value at DT, OL at that pick. The dark horse is OLB/DE. It would be interesting if someone like Moss falls in the draft (I know that's unlikely). I think the value/need match in the first is S or OLB/DE. If there is not a player there that fits, I would trade down.

I also think WR should be addressed, but in the 2nd or 3rd. Allison or Higgins are my two favs.

If we go OL in the first day, my guess would be OT to replace Flozell next year (Free or Marten).

I also think DT is a need, but I think you can find those guys on the 2nd day.

Having said all that, here's my strategy.

1st - Nelson - If he's gone trade down to late 20's and pick and take BPA, maybe Spencer or Amiamiri

2nd - Allison or OT (Free or Marten)

3rd - Kareem Brown DT

3rd (extra pick if trading down) - BPA WR or OL depending on previous picks, maybe Higgins, Quincy Black LB or Mike Jones G

4th - Kyle Young C/G

5th - DeAndre Jackson CB

6th - Stephen Nicholas LB

7th - BPA

February 27, 2007
Aaron Glenn return to Texans?

I ran into Aaron Glenn today and was talking about his future. You'll recall he was with the Texans for the first three years of the franchise but then left to play in Dallas with Bill Parcells and the Cowboys. I told him he was going to love playing for new head coach Wade Phillips and I was surprised when he said his options were open right now and Houston could be his final stop. Teams and players can't talk to each other before March 2nd about free agents, (and he's not one) but something possibly could be worked out after the Texans explore all of their options.

He didn't really want to go north in the first place but things just didn't work out here although he does enjoy playing for the Cowboys. He has close ties with the current coaching staff starting at the top. Being an Aggie, he has cossed paths with head coach Gary Kubiak and offensive coordinator Mike Sherman. When Kubiak was named the new leader, that piqued Glenn's interest.

We don't know right now what will happen, but Aaron is a tough competitor who is also a great leader and can be used in many different areas. When he was here, he was like a coach on the field. He loved helping a young Dunta Robinson understand the pro game so there is some upside to consider in that area plus he still has his skills although not as sharp as they used to be.

The Texans need players and they need leaders who know how to win. He could fit in nicely by spending his final years in the NFL right here in Houston. We'll keep you posted. What do you think? Should the Texans consider bringing him back?

Posted by Giff Nielsen at February 27, 2007 03:57 PM
http://www.beloblog.com/sports/2007/02/aaron_glenn_return_to_texans.html

It's probably not really serious, but its still something to consider.

Finlayson56
03-13-2007, 01:19 PM
if we Cant get Nelson or if the gods dont smile on us and bless us with Landry, I would draft Meriweather because he can play CB and FS so he fits into the system whatever we decide to do,. I would not draft huston for the fact that he is undersized and he a true CB he cant play saftey but the fact of the matter is we need a FS we havent been Soild there since Darren Woodson left.

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
sadly the cowboys dont draft out of TNewfan41's wish list...but don't make stuff up like theres no need for a CB when theres a good chance thats our pick...no link for that michael smith article about trading Julius or what...i guessed right it was your imagination. ;)

We need a #2 CB, not a #1!!!! And Henry still has atleast 3-5 years left, so we don't really need one, and Henry is staying at CB, not moving to FS, sorry if any of you think he is switching, because he isn't.

That is why we should take Jonathan Wade in R4, or someone else in that range. We can get a good #2 there, waisting a first round pick is STUPID!!!!!!

Oh and thanks for agreeing with me Paul. I think this post should clearify why we don't need a CB in round 1. If we pick a CB before Rd 3 I will be very dissapointed.

dc4life
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
We need a #2 CB, not a #1!!!! And Henry still has atleast 3-5 years left, so we don't really need one, and Henry is staying at CB, not moving to FS, sorry if any of you think he is switching, because he isn't.

That is why we should take Jonathan Wade in R4, or someone else in that range. We can get a good #2 there, waisting a first round pick is STUPID!!!!!!

Oh and thanks for agreeing with me Paul. I think this post should clearify why we don't need a CB in round 1. If we pick a CB before Rd 3 I will be very dissapointed.

Our greatest need is FS. Yes everyone knows it, and its the only position that could START for us right away. We are simply figuring out what our other needs are incase Nelson isnt there (good chance he's not going to be there). So if he's not there, which position would you draft then? A WR who probably can't beat out Crayton/Hurd, or a linemen hoping to mold him into our starting LT when Flozell leaves?

I do agree that we need to start looking at NT and perhaps trading down to get some picks, and selecting a NT in the 2nd round/late 1st.

A lot of people here seem to be banking that Nelson will absouletly be there at #22, or that we trade up to get him which i dont see is likely.

Just speculating our options here, incase Nelson isnt there.

Macarthur
03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I've liked Merriweather for some time. I think the only reason he will not be taken ahead of Nelson is his off the field issues/character concerns.

dc4life
03-13-2007, 03:25 PM
I've liked Merriweather for some time. I think the only reason he will not be taken ahead of Nelson is his off the field issues/character concerns.

That bothers me a little bit. I hope he doesnt turn into another Derek Ross(good talent/headcase) if we do get him.

leroyisgod
03-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Well I guess Henry is staying CB since you said so.

JJJ888
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
February 27, 2007
Aaron Glenn return to Texans?

I ran into Aaron Glenn today and was talking about his future. You'll recall he was with the Texans for the first three years of the franchise but then left to play in Dallas with Bill Parcells and the Cowboys. I told him he was going to love playing for new head coach Wade Phillips and I was surprised when he said his options were open right now and Houston could be his final stop. Teams and players can't talk to each other before March 2nd about free agents, (and he's not one) but something possibly could be worked out after the Texans explore all of their options.

He didn't really want to go north in the first place but things just didn't work out here although he does enjoy playing for the Cowboys. He has close ties with the current coaching staff starting at the top. Being an Aggie, he has cossed paths with head coach Gary Kubiak and offensive coordinator Mike Sherman. When Kubiak was named the new leader, that piqued Glenn's interest.

We don't know right now what will happen, but Aaron is a tough competitor who is also a great leader and can be used in many different areas. When he was here, he was like a coach on the field. He loved helping a young Dunta Robinson understand the pro game so there is some upside to consider in that area plus he still has his skills although not as sharp as they used to be.

The Texans need players and they need leaders who know how to win. He could fit in nicely by spending his final years in the NFL right here in Houston. We'll keep you posted. What do you think? Should the Texans consider bringing him back?

Posted by Giff Nielsen at February 27, 2007 03:57 PM
http://www.beloblog.com/sports/2007/02/aaron_glenn_return_to_texans.html

It's probably not really serious, but its still something to consider.

Kinda old, but if it happened, I'd like it...gives us room for a young CB to be drafted, and also gives us some compensation. But we do lose a valuable player with lots of experience and leadership.

mtmock
03-13-2007, 04:57 PM

3-5 yrs is a stretch 5 years still left in his prime? that far fetched. maybe a decent player but not to the level was at last year...youre acting like a little baby saying oh CB would be STUPid! how old are you 5 grow up its a serious possibility...jerry doesnt take direct calls from you on what to do...it wouldnt be wasting a pick when a player could contribute next year or in the future...was carp a wasted pick huh he rarely played...you draft for the future not for the next season unless you have a top 5 pick...even if we get nelson he wont be a dominant db yr 1 good but not great...
and im not saying move henry to FS im saying if that is the best option it will be done if leon hall or revis or houston is there and no other fs chances are we take one of them... im trying not to get too mad at you i read lsu's sig and i try not to get into confrontations with "special" people

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Well I guess Henry is staying CB since you said so.

Ummm, Jerry said so. Plus it would be a stupid move anyway.

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 07:13 PM
3-5 yrs is a stretch 5 years still left in his prime? that far fetched. maybe a decent player but not to the level was at last year...youre acting like a little baby saying oh CB would be STUPid! how old are you 5 grow up its a serious possibility...jerry doesnt take direct calls from you on what to do...it wouldnt be wasting a pick when a player could contribute next year or in the future...was carp a wasted pick huh he rarely played...you draft for the future not for the next season unless you have a top 5 pick...even if we get nelson he wont be a dominant db yr 1 good but not great...
and im not saying move henry to FS im saying if that is the best option it will be done if leon hall or revis or houston is there and no other fs chances are we take one of them... im trying not to get too mad at you i read lsu's sig and i try not to get into confrontations with "special" people

I didn't mean prime, but I mean 5 solid years, he probably has 3 years left in his prime. As long as he can stay healthy, he is a LUXURY at #2 CB. When he is healthy, some teams would probably want him as there #1.

mtmock
03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Henry is above avg at #2...agreed

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Henry is above avg at #2...agreed

When healthy I would say a GREAT #2 CB, but thanks for agreeing.

leroyisgod
03-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Ummm, Jerry said so. Plus it would be a stupid move anyway.

And Jerry always sticks to what he says?

leroyisgod
03-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Henry when healthy is a very solid CB in the league. Unfortunately for him he gets thrown at all day long because Newman occupies the other side of the field. I personally feel that he could give us 1-2 more solid years of play. I wouldn't rule out drafting a day one CB to compete at CB. Let's face it, if Glenn comes back we've got one more year out of him and will need another Nickel sooner than later.

TNewFan41
03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
YOu can fine a Nickel CB anywhere, but I get what your saying. Jonathan Wade!!

leroyisgod
03-14-2007, 08:23 AM
YOu can fine a Nickel CB anywhere, but I get what your saying. Jonathan Wade!!

The problem is that there's a pretty solid CB class, but by the time we try to grab one in the 2nd or 3rd round I think the pickings will be slim.

I just hate this, there's so many directions we could go in the first two rounds this year. FS, CB, WR, OLB, NT, DE. Some will disagree with me on this, but I personally don't feel that there is one position that is a dire need at this point. Even though I'm starting to lean towards FS more and more.

There's so many things that could happen in the meantime. We could trade JJ and that would mean we'd have to address RB in the draft. Glenn could retire and that would force us to draft a CB on day one(even though i think we should anyway). We intend to release TO before June 1 and would need an immediate replacement.

If we trade away JJ, I'd ideally like to trade him to Buffalo or Green Bay. This would be in hopes we could trade up somehow to get into one of their spots and grab Lynch.

Is it April 28th yet?

Macarthur
03-14-2007, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with CB, at all. If that's where the value is at, plus it's a premiere position in this league.

It appears this is a pretty deep year in the draft for CB & WR. Those are positions that are important and even though we may not have an immediate need, we will have a need in a year or two.

shane_man
03-14-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/jacobyjones.html

What do we think of possibly drafting this bloke latish(around 5th or 6th round)

TNewFan41
03-14-2007, 01:24 PM
The problem is that there's a pretty solid CB class, but by the time we try to grab one in the 2nd or 3rd round I think the pickings will be slim.

I just hate this, there's so many directions we could go in the first two rounds this year. FS, CB, WR, OLB, NT, DE. Some will disagree with me on this, but I personally don't feel that there is one position that is a dire need at this point. Even though I'm starting to lean towards FS more and more.

There's so many things that could happen in the meantime. We could trade JJ and that would mean we'd have to address RB in the draft. Glenn could retire and that would force us to draft a CB on day one(even though i think we should anyway). We intend to release TO before June 1 and would need an immediate replacement.

If we trade away JJ, I'd ideally like to trade him to Buffalo or Green Bay. This would be in hopes we could trade up somehow to get into one of their spots and grab Lynch.

Is it April 28th yet?

Why would we trade a RB to draft a RB?!?!?!? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If we do trade Julius, it means we have confidence in Barber and Thompson, and we won't pick a RB until the 2nd day, if at all. The pick will be used on something else, not a RB. That is just stupid.

Burns336
03-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Why would we trade a RB to draft a RB?!?!?!? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If we do trade Julius, it means we have confidence in Barber and Thompson, and we won't pick a RB until the 2nd day, if at all. The pick will be used on something else, not a RB. That is just stupid.

So upgrading the RB position through the draft is a far fetched idea huh? how 'bout ramonce taylor as a future pro bowler? or how 'bout the fact that you always say this team has no holes? Or wait, i think the best one yet has to be you talking about us having the best secondary in the league next year. Maybe your assumption that with leonard davis we now have a top 5 O-line. You are a DUMB A S S, a complete moron, simply an idiot. go away. leave the boards on your own. PLEASE...

mtmock
03-14-2007, 04:52 PM
So upgrading the RB position through the draft is a far fetched idea huh? how 'bout ramonce taylor as a future pro bowler? or how 'bout the fact that you always say this team has no holes? Or wait, i think the best one yet has to be you talking about us having the best secondary in the league next year. Maybe your assumption that with leonard davis we now have a top 5 O-line. You are a DUMB A S S, a complete moron, simply an idiot. go away. leave the boards on your own. PLEASE...

i agree...if we trade him we would still probably draft another rb...depth is never a bad thing...heck even if we dont i could still see us goin rb day 2

TNewFan41
03-14-2007, 05:09 PM
But why would you just trade a RB for a pick, and then pick a RB with that pick? That is so stupid. If anything you lose because the drafted player has no NFL experience. So if we do trade Julius, the logic should suggest that Marion is our guy, and we use the pick we got for julius on someone other than a RB.

mtmock
03-14-2007, 05:12 PM
listen nobody said it would be with that pick it doesnt matter where but we probly will take an rb somewhere...i wouldnt mind gettin peterson at 12 if we trade w/ the bills... were just saying chances are we take 1

leroyisgod
03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
But why would you just trade a RB for a pick, and then pick a RB with that pick? That is so stupid. If anything you lose because the drafted player has no NFL experience. So if we do trade Julius, the logic should suggest that Marion is our guy, and we use the pick we got for julius on someone other than a RB.

You trade away JJ because you don't have faith in him and feel like you're upgrading through the draft.

How is this the dumbest thing you've ever heard of? Marion plain and simple is not our guy. He's a nice change of pace back, but will never be a feature back in the NFL.

mtmock
03-14-2007, 05:15 PM
just put tnewfan in your ignore list i did its simple and now i dont have to read what he says it automatically blocks it :)

shane_man
03-14-2007, 05:24 PM
You trade away JJ because you don't have faith in him and feel like you're upgrading through the draft.

How is this the dumbest thing you've ever heard of? Marion plain and simple is not our guy. He's a nice change of pace back, but will never be a feature back in the NFL.

Which begs the question... Why would we even consider trading away Julius if we didnt feel Marion was going to step in. Unless we get the type of value from Julius where someones willing to trade enough ingredients to get an Adrian Peterson... Right now we have a 1000 yard rusher and a guy who punched it in for 16 scores last season... Why trade a working combo unless what your trading for offers more value.

We shouldnt even consider trading Jones for anything less then a first rounder unless we flat out are not going to resign him next year(from a personal standpoint thats a mistake)