PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Rd. 1, Philadelphia @ Dallas

Pages : [1] 2

LizardState
01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
May as well start the game thread early.

After getting hit like a pinata Sunday & being rattled, what do you think the mindset of McNabb & the Eagles is like coming back for a beat down redux in the Dallas "Death Star stadium" in Arlington? I think they are having some crises of confidence. They were beaten in the 1st loss by a superior Dallas gameplan where Romo baited & looked off their DBs & in the 2nd yesterday for the NFC East title by being simply out-physicaled. Result was 2nd team in a row skunked scoreless, put those end of the season slump hoodoo curse rumors to rest.

E-Man
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
I think Dallas has the right momentum to win it. I also think matchups favor Dallas on the defensive front. Philly's offense is quick strike or punt, and the way to beat Dallas' D is by long drives that take time off the clock. The Dallas D thrives on pressure, and the quick hits haven't worked on them with the way the outside coverage has played this year. I don't think Philly's D will stop Romo's game either. He's in the zone, and he's played as well as anyone could hope.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Everybody will sleep on the Eagles and they'll quietly walk into Dallas and take care of business. Dallas will not beat Philly 3 times in one season.

E-Man
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Beating the Eagles three times would be a huge task. It would be unwise to take them lightly, but momentum plays a big factor in the playoffs. Dallas has all the momentum on their side now.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Momentum is overrated. Eagles come out and score first drive and suddenly they have all the momentum.

pocketaces
01-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Might want to score period. First drive? First drive? 10 total first downs and 19 min TOP and you want to talk about scoring on your first drive? LOL

D-Unit
01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
The fact that this game is in Dallas and not Philly is HUUUUUGE.

For all the excuse makers to say Philly didn't care about this last game, they are flat out foolin' themselves.

superman8456
01-04-2010, 06:07 PM
The fact that this game is in Dallas and not Philly is HUUUUUGE.

For all the excuse makers to say Philly didn't care about this last game, they are flat out foolin' themselves.

Using your logic, after our "embarrassment" wouldn't we be more motivated like you posted in all of your Mike Jenkin's quotes.

Also, playing in Arlington isn't even that big of a deal. No one gets loud. This is me directly calling out the fanbase in attendance to the game.

LonghornsLegend
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm just more interested in what Iggles fans will use as an excuse for losing this game; refs, injuries, slow start, being on the road, NFL wants us to win, I'm sure there running out of them so it'll get interesting to see what comes out of the box this time.

Thumper
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Might want to score period. First drive? First drive? 10 total first downs and 19 min TOP and you want to talk about scoring on your first drive? LOL

I guess you don't realize this is a different game about a week later, surprising right? I mean because clearly it is safe to assume the Cowboys and Eagles will play out the exact same way right? Ignorance at its finest, just remember you swept the Giants a few years back and they beat you in the playoffs.

pocketaces
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I guess you don't realize this is a different game about a week later, surprising right? I mean because clearly it is safe to assume the Cowboys and Eagles will play out the exact same way right? Ignorance at its finest, just remember you swept the Giants a few years back and they beat you in the playoffs.

Yawn....and what does this game or the Eagles have to do with the Giants? We beat the Giants twice that year, we dominated you. You talk crap all week, get whipped, and then tell everybody you beat yourself. THAT is ignorance at its finest. There is a difference between cocky and confidence and after whipping that ass AGAIN we are going into this game very confident. Dont like it? Then beat us.

diesel
01-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Desean Jackson running his mouth on twitter. Maybe he will get those alligator arms fixed for this next game?

@DWRIGHTWAY get that romo **** outta here they got some shiiiiit commn for they ass next week believe dat.. he did his westside 2day tho
9:46 PM Jan 3rd from Swift

Got smashed by them cowboys 2daaaaaay sheeeeesh its all good we gonna sting they ass
9:44 PM Jan 3rd from Swift

vikes_28
01-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks for beating the Iggles on sunday. Just do the Vikings a favor and beat them again on Saturday :)

EDIT: Massive Eagle Fan failure in the Discussion thread. :(

LizardState
01-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for beating the Iggles on sunday. Just do the Vikings a favor and beat them again on Saturday :)

EDIT: Massive Eagle Fan failure in the Discussion thread. :(

You're welcome, Vikes.

Some trolling or the offensive pic of a detested former President had that thread closed, so drat! We can always open another, but kudos for this spirited discussion, best all yr!

Oh yeah, about the game: Dallas is already 1 game deeper in the playoffs than in recent memory, the Cowboys are coasting on a confidence wave that comes with crushing the division rival whom they now face at home (D's right, home field is huuuuge in the playoffs) for 3 out of 3..... we're in Terra Incognita, the playoffs, unmapped for the Cowboys blazing new trails.

And getting players back healthy for the playoffs, even huge-r! All the indicators for Dallas' best o-lineman, Marc Columbo, are positive for his return to the starting lineup.

superman8456
01-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm just more interested in what Iggles fans will use as an excuse for losing this game; refs, injuries, slow start, being on the road, NFL wants us to win, I'm sure there running out of them so it'll get interesting to see what comes out of the box this time.

Are they excuses or reasons?

Edit: Yes, I am saying you do not know the difference.

D-Unit
01-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Using your logic, after our "embarrassment" wouldn't we be more motivated like you posted in all of your Mike Jenkin's quotes.

Also, playing in Arlington isn't even that big of a deal. No one gets loud. This is me directly calling out the fanbase in attendance to the game.
Yep, you should definitely be more motivated. We BLANKED your ass!

Can you do anything about it?

Arlington does get loud.... When the Cowboys are on OFFENSE! *face palm*. I swear, they've got some of the dumbest fans in the seats.

D-Unit
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM

I wanna know how you explain the difference. Please do. Don't back out now!

DMWSackMachine
01-05-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm as big of a cynic about these Boys as any Dallas fan you'll find, but you are completely and utterly out of control. To come into another team's forum and talk smack is dumb enough. It's taken to the next level when that team has beaten you twice in a season....but when you were just demolished and dismantled by said team in a historically bad loss, it transcends the normal levels of being "dumb" and "stupid" and is vaulted into a whole new category all by itself into a realm where no one with any sense will ever be found.

You need to go home and rethink your life.

And I think there's an excellent chance the Cowboy's lose this week, so it has nothing to do with the specifics here. Get a life.

And a brain.

E-Man
01-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Why is the Dallas D not being given props? I understand **** talking, but people act like Dallas D hasn't played exceptionally well this season. It says something when you can shut down good offenses to single digits, or when you shut down the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS to 17 points. If the Eagles win I think it will be by them causing turnovers, and the offense isn't being careless with the ball. This one will be close, but the Cowboys D is going to be the X factor.

Thumper
01-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm as big of a cynic about these Boys as any Dallas fan you'll find, but you are completely and utterly out of control. To come into another team's forum and talk smack is dumb enough. It's taken to the next level when that team has beaten you twice in a season....but when you were just demolished and dismantled by said team in a historically bad loss, it transcends the normal levels of being "dumb" and "stupid" and is vaulted into a whole new category all by itself into a realm where no one with any sense will ever be found.

You need to go home and rethink your life.

And I think there's an excellent chance the Cowboy's lose this week, so it has nothing to do with the specifics here. Get a life.

And a brain.

Who the **** are you? Who do you think you are? An internet badass? What gives you the right to tell me to get a life? You're a peon fan just like me, so maybe you should get a life as well.

And if you paid attention I haven't been talking smack, I simply corrected someone who misquoted me and called someone ignorant for assuming the Eagles would play the same way on Saturday, your response tells me who really needs a brain.

D-Unit
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Who the **** are you? Who do you think you are? An internet badass? What gives you the right to tell me to get a life? You're a peon fan just like me, so maybe you should get a life as well.

And if you paid attention I haven't been talking smack, I simply corrected someone who misquoted me and called someone ignorant for assuming the Eagles would play the same way on Saturday, your response tells me who really needs a brain.
Hey now! Don't you dare give DWM that title! It's mine! I'm the only internet badass around here. ...and you better believe it! :p

Sports Smack talk is fine... Just avoid the references to personal attacks guys. Fair warning to all.

pocketaces
01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
And if you paid attention I haven't been talking smack

Hey Dallas fans, I know you love to come over here and quote me so here is a good one, you ready? "**** you, pieces of ****"

Your Cowboys aren't better than the Eagles and yesterdays game showef nobody anything that says the Cowboys are going to beat the Eagles on Saturday. Maybe if you stop letting your pride get in the way you could see that, or maybe if you took off those blue and silver 3-D glasses Jerry gave you. The Eagles shot themselves in the foot the Cowboys simply watched it happen and like I've said many times, if the Eagles connect on those missed oppurtunities the Eagles win that and guess what? The Cowboys had absolutely no hand in those, the Eagles missed those all on their own, the Cowboys did nothing to defend them, in fact the Cowboys are the ones who let them get in positions like that where DeSean beat them deep and Maclin gained huge seperation and McNabb drove the Eagles to the redzone.

And did I mention you could all go **** yourselves? Why don't you go suck Miles "Horse face" Austin's shaft some more? Or better yet why don't you go slobber over Mike Jenkins and talk about how he is the next Deion? Bunch of morons.

Ummmm sure......

Thumper
01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey, quit misquoting me from the Eagles thread and I'm glad to see you got the message, why don't you take it up with me in the Eagles thread? Why do you drag it over here?

pocketaces
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey, quit misquoting me from the Eagles thread and I'm glad to see you got the message, why don't you take it up with me in the Eagles thread? Why do you drag it over here?

Dude are you bi-polar? First of all where did I misquote you? 2nd, the last time I took it up with you in the Eagles thread, you threw a little tantrum and Neg rep'ed me then proceeded to tell me to fu*k off via the PM. You love to talk crap but you cant handle a rebuttal.

Thumper
01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Nope, I speak to 'you' as a general audience, 'you' take little snips of what I wrote and you go to the Cowboys discussion thread and you're like 'LOLZ WAT A NOOB! LAWL!" You're all psychic in retrospect, everyone can take bad predictions and say "LOL u suck!" And I never PMd you. My 'attack' was for all those stupid quoters to see.

BaLLiN
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
in a perfect world (at least for me), Romo and McNabb both get injured and Kolb and Kitna battle it out.

D-Unit
01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
in a perfect world (at least for me), Romo and McNabb both get injured and Kolb and Kitna battle it out.
Kolb and Kitna >>>>> Eli.

LonghornsLegend
01-05-2010, 11:04 PM

LMAO. So funny, it sounds like your prepping yourself for a loss already and your prepared to bring up a million reasons why the Eagles lost the game and Dallas didn't win lol. Is it so hard for homers to just admit that you weren't the better team one week, or that you just lost? It's really not all that hard, I think we were better then the Giants a few years ago when we won 13 games but they were better that day when it counted. I would never run around and bring up the refs, or 50 other reasons why we lost and they didn't beat us.

But then again, it's harder for some other people to realize that. Which brings me back to my original statement.

I can't wait to see you and Thumper crying about how you unfairly lost and your still so much better then us in every way possible but if it weren't for all these reasons you would have won but it's totally obvious you beat yourselves.

That quote you keep running around going crazy about was from January 4th, it was a day after the 2nd game, it's not like someone went back 43 pages to find a quote and assumed you were talking about the most recent one. Either way, I like most of the Eagles fans actually, you on the other hand nobody likes because according to you every skill position player for the Iggles should of been in the pro bowl, and you should of been 16-0 if it werent for a few miscues.

Were all used to your act around here now, going to be fun to listen to you moan and whine all off-season about why you didn't win the super bowl when the Eagles are clearly the superior team of everyone in the NFL.

Thumper
01-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah and it was in regards to the first game so when you tried to spin it as me talking about the second game you misquoted me...

And I don't think every Eagles skill position player should've been in, if you go back and look I said that I think DeSean, Brent Celek, Trent Cole, Leonard Weaver, Shledon Brown and Asante Samuel should've made it and thats it, I was floored when Jason Peters made it, he didn't deserve it. And I think we can at least agree that thinking those players should've made it isn't outrageous because they were deserving.

And isn't this true for just about everyone's team lol?
you should of been 16-0 if it werent for a few miscues.

Man I'm glad that I'm friends with decent Cowboys fans who even admitted that the Eagles beat themselves last week, sure the Cowboys played well but the Eagles just missed on every single opportunity given to them and I don't think its safe to assume that the Eagles will do the same this week.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
01-06-2010, 04:32 AM
Got my tickets for the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be going to cowboys games back to back for the first time. And both against the Iggles. SO excited...

shane_man
01-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Man I'm glad that I'm friends with decent Cowboys fans who even admitted that the Eagles beat themselves last week, sure the Cowboys played well but the Eagles just missed on every single opportunity given to them and I don't think its safe to assume that the Eagles will do the same this week.

Philly must have Wankers cramp beating themselves by four scores last week and not getting into position enough to even turn over a duck egg on the scoreboard.

As a Dallas fan this is as confident as I have felt since the 13-3 season except probably moreso because we have come into the postseason breathing fire. Which we haven't done in a long ass while. I can't believe we haven't won a week 17 game before this year since 1999. That's arguably a worse record then our playoff record as IMO, coming into the playoffs with some semblence of momentum is monumental.

So yeah. Bring on the Eagles. And just play them hard and let the pieces fall as they may. I do feel we have the better overall side... Obviously no Cowboys fan is blind to the fact that it's only going to take three or four throws(with connects) and the Eagles could blow the game wide open very quickly. Here's to hoping Romo continues his impressive play. Garrett doesn't abandon the run if the score is tight and the D continues to make McNabb's life a living nightmare.

FreshBoy!
01-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Got my tickets for the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be going to cowboys games back to back for the first time. And both against the Iggles. SO excited...

Same!!!!! So excited. First playoff game. I live in Maryland, but I'm a Texas native(born and raised!). Flew in for the stadium opener against the Giants and we all know what happened there:(. Also went to the Cowboys/Eagles home opener last year, where the 'Boys won. Needless to say the Cowboys are 1-1 while I've been in attendance. Let's hope the trend is the Boys beating the Eagles when I'm in the stands. I'm expecting the atmosphere to be electric. I had extremely good seats at the home opener....but the crowd was..."ehhh" to say the least. I almost felt ridiculous standing up and shouting while others "sat and ate their pop corn", as Roy Williams would say. I IMPLORE those going to the game to bring the noise....I want Mr. Chunky Soup not to be able to hear his own thoughts it's so loud!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Thareal1/Shhh2/dalnyg.jpg

A pic of my previous seats...Wish I had the same ones for the Eagles game...I'll be in the nose bleeds this week. Rooting all the same!

D-Unit
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Lucky bum. Very jealous.

Please don't go bonkers cheering your head off like the other numbskull Cowboys fans... when we're on offense and Romo's calling out the play at the LOS.

crisco0710
01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm 0-2 while being in attedance. The Giants playoff win against us, and the eagles beating us with Jeff Garcia...

DMWSackMachine
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM

I am a human being with a brain, that's who. And, yes, I absolutely am justified in calling you out for acting like a d-bag and coming into another team's forum and trolling. Draftcountdown is a great place to talk football, but its never been well moderated or administrated. On just about any other respectably moderated forum you would have been at least been suspended, if not outright banned, for your provocative and incendiary remarks over the last few days. The lack of moderation on this forum is a big part of why I have almost entirely stopped posting or frequenting the site. Its a joke. Your trolling should have been stomped out right when it started.

You need to learn that when you get your ass kicked you lose any right to talk. So shut the hell up. We kicked your ass up one side and down another, so crawl into your hole and hope your team can pick itself up and not come get another embarrassing whipping.

You didn't see any Cowboy fans (or players) qualifying or justifying 44-6 last year. This beating was every bit as bad as that one. Crawl off and lick your wounds. You don't get to talk.

D-Unit
01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I am a human being with a brain, that's who. And, yes, I absolutely am justified in calling you out for acting like a d-bag and coming into another team's forum and trolling. Draftcountdown is a great place to talk football, but its never been well moderated or administrated. On just about any other respectably moderated forum you would have been at least been suspended, if not outright banned, for your provocative and incendiary remarks over the last few days. The lack of moderation on this forum is a big part of why I have almost entirely stopped posting or frequenting the site. Its a joke. Your trolling should have been stomped out right when it started.

You need to learn that when you get your ass kicked you lose any right to talk. So shut the hell up. We kicked your ass up one side and down another, so crawl into your hole and hope your team can pick itself up and not come get another embarrassing whipping.

You didn't see any Cowboy fans (or players) qualifying or justifying 44-6 last year. This beating was every bit as bad as that one. Crawl off and lick your wounds. You don't get to talk.
You know I've been guilty of letting things slide... partly I think it's because that's my natural demeanor, partly because I expect forum mods and team mods to handle things that don't require Admin intervention. But I think overall, that I have a large threshold for patience and I'm pretty forgiving. I don't want to come across as a nazi mod or anything, but maybe I should take more charge. FYI, I have infracted Thumper twice this week...and there has been discussion about suspending him for a week. Since it's clear that his actions have disrupted our community, I think I will go ahead and carry that out right now.

I appreciate your openness about the forum management. I take it as a wake up call. So thanks. I know your displeasure with Bob, but I did what I could.... trust me. It was to the point where I was the bad guy for wanting him gone. So I've just stopped.

crisco0710
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4801838

Jackson talking smack about Dallas.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Everyone just keep sleeping on the Eagles...I love it.

superman8456
01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I am a human being with a brain, that's who.
Thank you for that enlightening post.

And, yes, I absolutely am justified in calling you out for acting like a d-bag and coming into another team's forum and trolling.
Check the Eagles forum buddy! You guys were in our threads as well. Maybe not you specifically, but there were Cowboy fans nontheless. I'm also not saying dont go in the Eagles forum, I'm fine with the arguments, but don't piss and moan about Thumper trolling, when you were quoting his posts and putting them in your Cowboys subforum.

Draftcountdown is a great place to talk football, but its never been well moderated or administrated.
No arguments here. But I dont completely blame them for the lack of mods in general. The few that there are cant be everywhere all the time.

On just about any other respectably moderated forum you would have been at least been suspended, if not outright banned, for your provocative and incendiary remarks over the last few days.
Banned would be a bit much. Even a suspension over a couple days is a tad bit dramatic. Also, why would you bring up provocative statements, when that's basically D-Units bread and butter? He even knows that all he does is stir the pot.

The lack of moderation on this forum is a big part of why I have almost entirely stopped posting or frequenting the site. Its a joke. Your trolling should have been stomped out right when it started.
And there shouldn't have been any trolling in the Eagles subforum either, from what I understand of your post. Not saying dont stop trolling, but moderate it equally.

Talk trash or just talk in general? I didn't see much **** talking, other than the very basic "we'll see this Saturday" from the Eagles fans.

You're right. Losing 44-6 in a game you must win to get in the playoffs is just as bad as losing a 24-0 game for the #2 seed in the NFC. Actually, now that I think about it. 44-6 is worse. 24-0 was bad, but I just dont see it as bad.

I don't care much that he's banned, but I will point out that he is one of the more frequent Eagles posters. So D-Unit, on Saturday during the game, I dont want to see your "So where are those Eagles fans now?!? Huh?" attitude.

DMWSackMachine
01-06-2010, 05:01 PM
They're not sleeping, they are sucking their thumbs like bitches after taking a historic beatdown.

Now, personally I expect us to crumble, like any good Wade Phillips team can be expected to do.

But once you take a whooping like that you lose any previous rights to talk. You would do well to learn that.

D-Unit
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I don't care much that he's banned, but I will point out that he is one of the more frequent Eagles posters. So D-Unit, on Saturday during the game, I dont want to see your "So where are those Eagles fans now?!? Huh?" attitude.
You obviously missed some of Thumpers posts.

While I may bring up controversial topics, I never condone attacks on a personal level even if it's hinting at it.

superman8456
01-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I wanna know how you explain the difference. Please do. Don't back out now!

Reasons are basically the cause's of our loss. Excuses would be overlooking what all the good things the Cowboys did (which was basically taking advantage of all opportunities) or trying to justify the loss. There is no justification for the Eagles in a 24-0 loss. Period. But there are many reasons they did lose, not excuses. One of those reasons were the missed opportunities and on the first Cowboy's drive there was a pretty bad 3rd down penalty called.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-06-2010, 05:13 PM
They're not sleeping, they are sucking their thumbs like bitches after taking a historic beatdown.

Now, personally I expect us to crumble, like any good Wade Phillips team can be expected to do.

But once you take a whooping like that you lose any previous rights to talk. You would do well to learn that.

Haha when did I say the Eagles were sleeping?

This is a new season and come Saturday night last week and the entire season to date means nothing.

DMWSackMachine
01-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I am a human being with a brain, that's who.
Thank you for that enlightening post.

And, yes, I absolutely am justified in calling you out for acting like a d-bag and coming into another team's forum and trolling.
Check the Eagles forum buddy! You guys were in our threads as well. Maybe not you specifically, but there were Cowboy fans nontheless. I'm also not saying dont go in the Eagles forum, I'm fine with the arguments, but don't piss and moan about Thumper trolling, when you were quoting his posts and putting them in your Cowboys subforum.

Draftcountdown is a great place to talk football, but its never been well moderated or administrated.
No arguments here. But I dont completely blame them for the lack of mods in general. The few that there are cant be everywhere all the time.

On just about any other respectably moderated forum you would have been at least been suspended, if not outright banned, for your provocative and incendiary remarks over the last few days.
Banned would be a bit much. Even a suspension over a couple days is a tad bit dramatic. Also, why would you bring up provocative statements, when that's basically D-Units bread and butter? He even knows that all he does is stir the pot.

The lack of moderation on this forum is a big part of why I have almost entirely stopped posting or frequenting the site. Its a joke. Your trolling should have been stomped out right when it started.
And there shouldn't have been any trolling in the Eagles subforum either, from what I understand of your post. Not saying dont stop trolling, but moderate it equally.

Talk trash or just talk in general? I didn't see much **** talking, other than the very basic "we'll see this Saturday" from the Eagles fans.

You're right. Losing 44-6 in a game you must win to get in the playoffs is just as bad as losing a 24-0 game for the #2 seed in the NFC. Actually, now that I think about it. 44-6 is worse. 24-0 was bad, but I just dont see it as bad.
Ten characters

If my fellow Cowboys fans have done the same thing, then they are equally deserving of being called out and called down. You don't go into someone else's house and talk **** about them. There are different rules in a team forum than there are in the general forum, and I am all for equal enforcement of things, and if my fellows have violated your forum, they deserve whatever they get.

That doesn't justify retaliation though.

As for comparing this year's versus last year's....yeah, I'd say 44-6 was a little more embarrassing, especially considering that it ended the season for the Cowboys, while you guys at least have a chance to make something of your season. Still, its damn close. Getting shut out is a big deal, it doesn't happen much, even with dominant defenses playing inept offenses.

Finally, all trolling aside, its just simply ridiculous to try to equivocate after getting that kind of beating. Just say "hey, you dominated us, see you next week" and leave it at that. If your team is able to recover and take the game from us next week, there will be plenty of time to talk smack afterwards. Right now it just makes you look dumb to talk about missed chances in a game where you got so thoroughly whipped. Whenever you see that kind of beatdown, it HAS to be a culmination of different things. Talent is too close in the NFL for a team to win like that just because they're that much better. It has to be a combination of different things, including missed opportunities from the losing team. Dallas had plenty of them in the 44-6 game, too. You didn't see us trolling around trying to do damage control by saying that if MB hadn't just coughed the ball up as he was about to score (the defender did very little to jar the ball lose) then we would have won, did you? Hell no, listen to how that sounds.

So alls I'm saying is if you want to make fools of yourselves by spouting self indulgent tripe, then do it on your own forum. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

DMWSackMachine
01-06-2010, 05:17 PM
And keep in mind, I fully expect Dallas to lose this weekend. Doesn't change what's come before, though.

D-Unit
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM

This is a new season and come Saturday night last week and the entire season to date means nothing.
That right there is the truth. Erase all history. The 2 teams that show up on Saturday will have their faces painted for WAR!

Last man standing, wins.

DMWSackMachine
01-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Couldn't agree more.

But lets not act like people are just overlooking them. They had their chance to be considered the favorites in the NFC by taking care of their business and they got embarrassed. That means they need to eat their humble pie, go to work and show up pissed off and ready to hit someone next week. Not talk about respect and who deserves how much recognition.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I think it's gonna be a great game. Saturday can't come fast enough.

diesel
01-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, I hope the Cowboys see this video before the game. Eagles fan spitting on the star not once but twice. Maybe one for each loss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDUYDfFGMI

Also, found some pics from the game that I thought were pretty funny.

http://imgrr.com/files/5cb950d3yg8s41usgjhw.png

http://imgrr.com/files/y0fr7r11ryh84ltwlth9.png

http://imgrr.com/files/grdeo2225hm27bmyv90l.jpg

HEISMANHERSCHEL
01-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Seems to me that lots of cowboy fans are scared of playing the eagles in the first round of the playoffs. I for one, am not. There is no reason the Cowboys should not role on this week. I think the boys are a better team all around.

But can we please stop talking crap untill after round one of the playoffs? Once we bounce the eagles out, then we can talk. The win last week means nothing unless we beat them in the playoffs.

Well said, D. Saturday is a new season.

Uh oh. I think I just joined in the trash talking...even though I didn't mean too.

thule
01-07-2010, 03:00 AM
I think we dominate this game. I don't think it's even close. If Garrett can get the bus rolling we are a very difficult team to face. If we go into the half with a 2 score lead...Wade applies some pressure and the game gets easy. The key to this game is the early lead...and I don't think we have any problems getting it going. Go up quick and watch MN get scared with the way we handle the Eagles. I'll be ready to eat crow...but this is a blow out.

Macarthur
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM

I agree. I still have a ton of respect for the Eagles.

However, there are a couple of matchups that strongly favor the Cowboys and would like to get your take on them.

1. It seemed that the Cowboys DBs really got physical with Maclin and Jackson. It seemed to really get them off their game evidenced by that play later in the game where Maclin went deep and he could not take his eyes off the safety coming over. They are both smallish and I'm wondering how the Eagles try to compensate for this.

2. Eagles OL - Really have problems with teh Cowboys front and this doesn't appear to be a 'scheme' thing. When Dallas went nickle, it appeared that all the matchups along the front favored Dallas - Ware, Spencer, Ratliff and even Bowen was giving them fits.

3. Philly has no answer for Witten. Philly's LBers are as weak as I have ever seen them and while Mikael is a decent safety, JOnes has played below average, IMO.

Now, to flip things around, Philly's front 4 is good and I don't think Dallas will have as easy a time running the ball again. Bunkley and Paterson are good and suspect they show up big time this week, so Dallas' OL will need to have a very good game again.

LizardState
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
You obviously missed some of Thumpers posts.

While I may bring up controversial topics, I never condone attacks on a personal level even if it's hinting at it.

My take on it: As a rookie about 6 mos. ago I was subtracted 10 rep points for trolling, posting something far < incendiary in another team's forum about Dallas, rookie mistake & I never made it again. That rule is in place for a good reason, limiting provocation is p/o maintaining these individual teams threads, it's one of the strengths of this whole NFLDC board imo. Again, it's fair warning, while provocative dialog & intelligent criticism is welcomed at least by this Cowboys forum, keep it couched in the most courteous terms possible, i.e, objectivity is where it's at if you post in another team's clearly labeled forum & leave your homerism at the door..... you're going where angels fear to tread & all that.

It's easy to stray into personal attacks & the mods have done a fair job policing this boardwide, but if you're not a fan, it's a volatile area, a real minefield. Best rule of thumb is what the late great Patrick Swayze told his bouncers in Roadhouse, "Remember .... be NICE! And take it outside." Common courtesy is the paramount concern.

Same!!!!! So excited. First playoff game. I live in Maryland, but I'm a Texas native(born and raised!).

Cowboys fans really are ubiquitous, lots of them all over. I live on the Left Coast, been a Cowboys fan since the pre-Ice Bowl days, I grew in San Antonio. Look at the last column on the right of total posts here compared to other teams on the Team Boards, see what I mean. And I think we've been just as fair as any other forum in welcoming posters from outside the fanbase as governed by the mods per my earlier p/o this post. There's a good reason for it too......

OK, back to the game Saturday, I hope everyone is as psyched as I am. I'm canceling attending an alumni meeting at a local club b/c it's a scheduling conflict & the Cowboys playoff game takes immediate priority, I could watch the game there but not able to post as I can here at home, just as much Sapporo available (almost anyway) to drink here at home too. Thx. for posting those game pics from Sunday, I raised eyebrows at the SI cover pick b/c I'm well aware of the Curse of the SI Cover, but wth, life's too short for superstition --- BTW my only bit of signed sports memorabilia is the Troy Aikman RIDE 'EM COWBOY! SI cover from 1990. Here's hoping I can acquire a new one with a Romo inscription in 2010.

DMWSackMachine
01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Trying so hard not to get hyped for this weekend....and slowly failing. Damn I hate Wade Phillips.

superman8456
01-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I think we dominate this game. I don't think it's even close. If Garrett can get the bus rolling we are a very difficult team to face. If we go into the half with a 2 score lead...Wade applies some pressure and the game gets easy. The key to this game is the early lead...and I don't think we have any problems getting it going. Go up quick and watch MN get scared with the way we handle the Eagles. I'll be ready to eat crow...but this is a blow out.

I don't think you guys get off to the start you did last week. In the beginning of the game last week, you guys ran it down our throats on the first drive. We had to commit more people to stopping the run and it opened us up and Romo picked us apart. If we can stop the run early, it could be a totally different game.

Barber was untouchable on his first 5 carries, but then after that he didn't do much. Oline was making some pretty big holes to. You guys ran right at Mike Patterson.

leroyisgod
01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
One thing about Andy Reid is that he knows how to prepare his team after a loss. He makes some of the best game to game adjustments that I've ever seen.

Offensively they weren't able to hit the long ball, but Celek was eating us up running crossing routes. We'll see a lot more of that this game. And if the long ball isn't there, watch for a lot of screens to McCoy and Westbrook. I see a trick play or two very early, first two drives by the Eagles.

Defensively watch for them to blitz early and blitz often. Especially up the middle. They will try to screw up our timing which we had last week. If we get the running game going early again, that will make them back off on the blitzing.

This game will be a chess match. I'm confident we can win, but it will be a close one.

Macarthur
01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't think you guys get off to the start you did last week. In the beginning of the game last week, you guys ran it down our throats on the first drive. We had to commit more people to stopping the run and it opened us up and Romo picked us apart. If we can stop the run early, it could be a totally different game.

Barber was untouchable on his first 5 carries, but then after that he didn't do much. Oline was making some pretty big holes to. You guys ran right at Mike Patterson.

Actually, we didn't get off to as fast a start as we should have. If you take out that tipped pass, it could have been 24 to zip at half.

I agree that your front 4 didn't play their best game, but I think the Cowboys OL had something to do with that. :) That's one of those matchup problems I think Philly has in this game that has absolutely nothing to do with scheme.

Just like the Witten problem. Has nothing to do with scheme; just a bad match up.

herniateddisc
01-07-2010, 04:36 PM

If Gandma had bahlz she be grand-dad.

Pray the Cowboys play stupid. That is your only shot IMHO.

And yes ... their is a good chance they do play dumb.

Macarthur
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
One thing about Andy Reid is that he knows how to prepare his team after a loss. He makes some of the best game to game adjustments that I've ever seen.

I would agree with that assestment, but I might add that I think he's one of the worst game managers in the league.

Macarthur
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I just get tired of the 'missed opportunities' thing because it assumes that the Cowboys missed zero opportunities. That game actually could have been more of a blowout than it was.

superman8456
01-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I just get tired of the 'missed opportunities' thing because it assumes that the Cowboys missed zero opportunities. That game actually could have been more of a blowout than it was.

Yes, you guys had 1 or 2 missteps, but the Eagles had 5 or 6. Not quite the same.

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
When we lost to the Giants in '07 Kyle Kosier was to blame for a lot of the pressure Romo got up the middle.

I hope that doesn't happen again... I know a lot of you are on his ball sack and think he's was a probowl snuff so I hope you're right.

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, you guys had 1 or 2 missteps, but the Eagles had 5 or 6. Not quite the same.
Your missteps would not have overcome 24 points. Face it.

Macarthur
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
When we lost to the Giants in '07 Kyle Kosier was to blame for a lot of the pressure Romo got up the middle.

I hope that doesn't happen again... I know a lot of you are on his ball sack and think he's was a probowl snuff so I hope you're right.

D, none of us have put Kosier in the probowl. All I've said is that he's underappreicated.

leroyisgod
01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
D, none of us have put Kosier in the probowl. All I've said is that he's underappreicated.

I think he's solid. A very good pulling guard.

superman8456
Your missteps would not have overcome 24 points. Face it.

Didn't say that. It would have put maybe 14 points on the board though.

herniateddisc

I think he is good enuff.

DMWSackMachine
01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
And ours would have put 14, too.

So, basically if both teams had taken advantage of their missed opportunities then the score would have been what 34-14 or 38-10?

Philly didn't miss any more opportunities than Dallas did.

DMWSackMachine
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Phillies O can is amazing, they can hold one of the highest scoring units in the league to 0 points. They must be one of the best defenses in the league!

superman8456
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
And ours would have put 14, too.

So, basically if both teams had taken advantage of their missed opportunities then the score would have been what 34-14 or 38-10?

Philly didn't miss any more opportunities than Dallas did.

Actually, thats dead wrong. Philly missed many more opportunities than Dallas did.

superman8456
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Phillies O can is amazing, they can hold one of the highest scoring units in the league to 0 points. They must be one of the best defenses in the league!

A bad joke is a bad joke. Take your ball and go home now.

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
What made you say that right after the Pro Bowl announcements were made and Davis got in?

I got the impression that you thought he should've been in it. You, Bob, dpl85... maybe more... sounded like you thought he deserved it.

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
You can't say that.

Especially Dallas took PHILLY'S ball and told THEM to go home.

herniateddisc
01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
What made you say that right after the Pro Bowl announcements were made and Davis got in?

I got the impression that you thought he should've been in it. You, Bob, dpl85... maybe more... sounded like you thought he deserved it.

I can't comment on who should be in the Pro Bowl but I do think Kosier is a very good OL.

He can be over-powered but frankly power is over rated.

I also think ignoring the difference in play when he is there versus not there would lead one to question their assumptions on his competancy.

And we are clearly better with Kosier than without.

superman8456
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
You can't say that.

Especially Dallas took PHILLY'S ball and told THEM to go home.

I can't say what?

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I can't say what?
Eagles got embarrassed. Now is not the time for you to talk big.

If you win on Saturday, then fine. I hope no Cowboys fan here acts like you do if we lose. It's pathetic.

You make me laugh... Eagles loss because of missteps and you're not making excuses for the loss, but rather reasons. LMFAO. Too funny!

DMWSackMachine
01-07-2010, 07:39 PM

And THAT'S my point, son. You're excuses are a bad joke. Apparently catching things isn't a strongsuit of any Philadelphians.

Actually, thats dead wrong. Philly missed many more opportunities than Dallas did.

Um, no.

Now what.

superman8456
01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Eagles got embarrassed. Now is not the time for you to talk big.

If you win on Saturday, then fine. I hope no Cowboys fan here acts like you do if we lose. It's pathetic.

You make me laugh... Eagles loss because of missteps and you're not making excuses for the loss, but rather reasons. LMFAO. Too funny!

You wanted me to explain the difference between reasons and excuses, and then your dumbass had nothing to say after I did. You're posts are pathetic because you just post **** with no basis. And yes, I'm going to call you out on it everytime.

How am I talking big? I'm not talking ****. I'm saying my opinion and how I saw the last game go down.

If the Eagles didn't lose because of missteps, then why did we lose? Granted, the offensive missteps only cost us 14-17 points, but the defensive ones (good attempts on jumping the routes, but just whiffed on the ball) let you put up some nice numbers.

Cowboy fans act worse then me, and we both know that. The other Eagle fans here have not been talking **** either. We've all been pretty respectful to the fact we lost, and we're not trying to justify our loss.

Saturday is when it matters. The season doesn't mean **** after that game.

superman8456
01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
And THAT'S my point, son. You're excuses are a bad joke. Apparently catching things isn't a strongsuit of any Philadelphians.

Um, no.

Now what.

Bolded is another bad attempt at humor. You should stop and save your material for another day.

Like I said, they aren't excuses, they're reasons. You have to disprove the fact that they're reasons.

And "Um, no." isn't an argument.

And now you look like a dumbass.

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 07:52 PM
You wanted me to explain the difference between reasons and excuses, and then your dumbass had nothing to say after I did. You're posts are pathetic because you just post **** with no basis. And yes, I'm going to call you out on it everytime.

How am I talking big? I'm not talking ****. I'm saying my opinion and how I saw the last game go down.

If the Eagles didn't lose because of missteps, then why did we lose? Granted, the offensive missteps only cost us 14-17 points, but the defensive ones (good attempts on jumping the routes, but just whiffed on the ball) let you put up some nice numbers.

Cowboy fans act worse then me, and we both know that. The other Eagle fans here have not been talking **** either. We've all been pretty respectful to the fact we lost, and we're not trying to justify our loss.

Saturday is when it matters. The season doesn't mean **** after that game.
Enjoy the suspension!

DMWSackMachine
01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Bolded is another bad attempt at humor. You should stop and save your material for another day.

Like I said, they aren't excuses, they're reasons. You have to disprove the fact that they're reasons.

And "Um, no." isn't an argument.

And now you look like a dumbass.

Um, no.

________

herniateddisc
01-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Testy board.

leroyisgod
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I love it, this board rules!

HEISMANHERSCHEL
01-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh goodness. High drama.

Cowboys 38. Eagles 14.

have I mentioned lately that I hate the eagles?????????????

I am not one to go homer. I just think the Cowboys got this one in the bag. Better team. And on a high point.

diesel
01-08-2010, 01:23 AM
24-0 was nice but, this one would be payback for 44-6 and all the Romo/Wade/Cowboys playoff trash talking. I can't wait - even on a short week it seems like these games take forever to come around!

I still can't believe that guy spit on the star but then again, it fits their style.

Macarthur
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Not me. Kosier is not a probowler. But I stand by my statement that he is underappreciated.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Not me. Kosier is not a probowler. But I stand by my statement that he is underappreciated.
How so? He's appreciated now. He never deserved it in the past. This is his first really good year. He wasn't having seasons like this in the past.

IMO, people get appreciated when they earn it. Not before.

But he's 31 years old now. Shouldn't he have been giving us good yearS?

Anyhow... we could stand to add some young depth. The OG pool is pretty deep... just a matter of picking the right guy. No more Stephen Peterman's or what's his face Marten's in the 3rd round. LOL... maybe we did that already with Brewster last year. Supposedly, they'll try him at Guard if he doesn't hack it at Tackle.

LonghornsLegend
01-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm so pumped for the game, me and my pops may end up getting tickets, he's in the organization that gets to see games and see some athletes they sponsored in College so we'll know tomorrow morning but either way I have plenty of beer and snacks available.

I don't think Philly runs on us at all, I think we have to stop the big play, keep Celek in check and apply pressure, if we get up early they'll turn into a 1 dimensional team and we can dictate the game from that point. I can't wait, I badly want to win this to get the playoff monkey off our back, that's all media pundits can cling to now since Romo was offensive player of the month for December and we had a winning streak, nothing left to break except the playoff drought.

I still see alot of people picking Philly and McNabb still due to experience and all that, so were not really a favorite across the board.

DMWSackMachine
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Still think we get embarrassed.

All this happy talk has me very leery. This team does not do well when being praised.

As for keys to the game, here's my Top 3 Most Likely To Come Into Play:

1) Blitz Recognition
Looking back on the season, our worst games were the ones where Romo had problems with recognizing who was coming and from where. This cost us the Denver and GB games, and was a serious issue in the first Redskins game. Going back to last year, it was also a huge problem versus Baltimore, Philly (both times), Arizona, and Pittsburgh. Romo can be confused at time, and when he does, it almost always spells disaster. Hopefully he'll improve.

2) Run Blocking
All season long, this has been a serious issue for our team. When we pick spots where the defense isn't expecting it, we've been able to gash huge holes in other teams by using misdirection and trickery to get advantageous angles and create a crease for our excellent (most of the time) RB trio. Problem here is that the line is too reliant on situational advantages, and can't be relied upon to line up straight on and smack the other guy in the face. Rafael over at www.bloggingtheboys.com did a great job of enumerating how we succeeded on this front last week.

Barber's 32 yarder:

Philadelphia called for a run blitz, expecting the draw or the power left, towards the two tight ends. The Eagles deployed in their base 4-3 with the three linebackers stacked behind the four linemen and two safeties deep. At the snap, all three linebackers crashed towards the strong side: the strongside linebackers shot the gap outside Witten; the middle linebacker crashed the A gap to C Gurode's left and the weakside linebacker attacked the gap between RG Davis and RT Doug Free. Eagles SS Quentin Mikel rushed up to support, behind the middle linebacker, while the free safety Macho Harris dropped into the deep middle.

Dallas crossed up McDermott's guys by running a stretch play towards Free, right at the weak side backer and away from the other blitzing backers. The Cowboys made the play a four-on-three scrum. Gurode and Davis double-teamed the DT on their side and drove him upfield. Free locked on to DE Juqua Parker and turned him outside. The play would depend on Phillips' block on LB Moise Fokiu. Phillips met him just before the line of scrimmage and shoved him wide. Barber had a crease and had only the dropping FS Harris to beat. Harris dragged Barber down but not until he had dashed 32 yards up the right sideline.

Felix's 49 yard TD:

The Eagles were again in their base 4-3, with the FS Harris in the box, giving them a 4-4 look. Asante Samuel was man-to-man on Austin, while Mikel was manned up on Witten. RCB Sheldon Brown was in the deep middle.

Dallas tendency had been to run right, to the power side. At the snap, they gave the Eagles every indication they were going to do it again. LG Kyle Kosier pulled right, and Anderson ran to the hole; this looked like the power right, with Jones having the option to go inside of RT Free ot wide, depending on the blocking.

The Eagles' backers and Harris were clearly keying on the formation and on Kosier. When they say him pull, they all raced up to stop the run to Dallas' right edge.

On counter runs, the running back usually takes one step away from the play before cutting back behind his interference. If linebackes are keying on his movement, they will also take an initial step in the wrong direction, giving the offensive linemen better angles for their blocks.

On this play, Felix Jones took a step left, and kept going. Tony Romo pitched to him, on what was a naked toss left. The only defender with a chance to make the play was RE Trent Cole, but he also took two steps towards the pulling Kosier and could not recover.

All eight Eagles front men were suckered by the counter action. Jones had the corner after two strides and had all but two Eagles behind him when he was just five yards upfield. Mikel made a diving effort to trip Jones but missed. Doug Free ran across the field from right tackle, locked on to Sheldon Brown at the 32 and rode him 20 yards upfield, until Felix was clear.

Can we do it again? Our running game has deserted us at the worst times this year, in losses to the Chargers, Broncos and Packers, and it was largely to blame for that first Redskin debacle as well. This issue has been at the heart of every failure we've had on that front.

3) McNabb Accuracy Issues
We've all seen Donovan and his inability to consistently connect over the years, especially on short and intermediate throws. He's the only QB I've ever seen that gets more accurate the further he throws it. Last week was a down week for him, missing 4 or 5 throws that most QBs would make 90% of the time. This game was a bit reminiscent of the first Eagle/Cowboy game of 2003, when he came in and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn en route to a huge Cowboy victory. Which McNabb will show up? Nobody knows. The answer to the question could play a key role in how the game plays out.

LonghornsLegend
01-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Still think we get embarrassed.

All this happy talk has me very leery. This team does not do well when being praised.

Your exactly right about that, but I don't know if I'd really say that about this years team. Weren't we getting praised after beating New Orleans? By the time we played Philly last week we were getting a ton of praise and still played great, I think this team knows that the road has just begun, were the only ones really praising them.

Pundits are still picking Philly/Mcnabb/Reid with the experience factor, saying they have been here before, etc etc etc...I haven't seen many favor the Cowboys honestly for this game, and reading comments from players it doesn't sound like they have big heads.

If we lose, I'm 100% sure we don't get embarassed, at home none the less, that's a stretch, but then again I like to be pessimistic because when I've been that way we have won more times then none(Atlanta and NO for me).

Philly just doesn't match up well with us honestly, they rely on the big play, they don't sustain long drives to move the chains. On D they rely on pressure and while JJ may of had our # McDermot(is that his name?) hasn't been nearly as creative and we've been ready every time.

One game they blitzed like crazy and we drew up screens to Ogletree that came up huge, the next they sat back and Romo picked them apart. They thrive off of the big play to Jackson, and Jenkins has had success against him when he can play bump and run and allow our pass rush to get there.

Spencer coming alive has made all the difference in the world, because now we have pressure from both sides, and they are going to shift all their attention to Ware as usual, so if you can pressure McNabb you'll throw him off his game.

I'm not thinking SB quite yet, but I don't think this team is full of themselves just yet, we are still hearing too much about past playoff failures to let that happen.

Also, have you noticed the way Romo has been getting to the line early, calling out the Mike and reading the defense, then checking out to another player...He's done that more and more, and seemingly we have a better play when we can hear him checking out of a play.

He's getting comfortable and assertive, he's not just taking the play we have and forcing it, we'll take a 1 yard run if we have to, or a quick screen, but he's adjusting the calls to what gives us the higher percentage of success and making sure the blitz is pointed out well in advance. That's been huge for us lately, I just think Romo is really in a zone right now and the more that people keep doubting him, talking about past failures in December, playoffs, etc, he'll continue to go out and prove people wrong. Being at home and not in the cold makes a huge difference.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 07:42 PM
When you're used to losing and you start to win, people praise you. Eventually you lose again. But it doesn't have anything to do with the praise you've been getting. Total nonfactor. But a common link made.

Brothgar
01-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Two things

1. If the Eagle's do end up losing please release the suspension I wanna hear what he has to say next!

2. I want to see Sig Bets on this game the pain of an Eagle's fan wearing a Cowboys sig or vise versa would be win!

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Two things

1. If the Eagle's do end up losing please release the suspension I wanna hear what he has to say next!

2. I want to see Sig Bets on this game the pain of an Eagle's fan wearing a Cowboys sig or vise versa would be win!
2 biggest trash talkers for the Eagles are suspended. LOL.

LonghornsLegend
01-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Do we have a Cowboys thread anywhere anymore? I was just going to mention the possibility of a Josh Cribbs trade since he's requested one and wants somewhere in the ball park of 2.5 mil, with as much as we run the wildcat, and a glaring need for a return man, it wouldn't be terrible but we'd have to get rid of Roy.

How bout Roy Williams and his contract for Cribbs and a 6th?? :D:D Least Roy could go back to a sucky team getting the ball as much as he wanted, not likely we even pursue him but I think he fits what we need, and want to do perfectly.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Do we have a Cowboys thread anywhere anymore? I was just going to mention the possibility of a Josh Cribbs trade since he's requested one and wants somewhere in the ball park of 2.5 mil, with as much as we run the wildcat, and a glaring need for a return man, it wouldn't be terrible but we'd have to get rid of Roy.

How bout Roy Williams and his contract for Cribbs and a 6th?? :D:D Least Roy could go back to a sucky team getting the ball as much as he wanted, not likely we even pursue him but I think he fits what we need, and want to do perfectly.
It's stickied right at the top, no?

LonghornsLegend
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
It's stickied right at the top, no?

Brain fart, thought it was locked at deleted at one point lol. I'll just cut and paste over there.

Brothgar
01-08-2010, 08:51 PM

Well you can't blame them when the ball is thrown at their feet :D

Paul
01-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I would love to stay and chat about the game with you losers, but I have to go watch the game in JERRY'S HOUSE. ******* Stoked. hopefully I will return as happy as I am right now. Happy game day.

crisco0710
01-09-2010, 07:42 PM
DUNITTTT thats what happens when we throw it vertical!!!!!! Wide Open and pass interference!!!!

crisco0710
01-09-2010, 07:43 PM
What a game called by Garrett so far.

UTPATS
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice play, Witten Jr.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey, can Romo sell fakes or what? He's really slick with the ball. Pls. welcome me to this flag strewn game...........

15 yds on Hamlin for the KO blow to the head, just stupid.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Team stupid has shown up tonite.

Eagles can easily win.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:01 PM
17 more yds for Roy Williams, for once he's earning a gamechk.

Whoa, witten to the flag, didnt get in, damn!

1st & goal Dallas, here's where they take charge if they're smart.

UTPATS
01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Did anyone else see the two DT's for Phili before it went to break, they looked like they were about to die!

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Choice for the the TD! Dallas o-line is establishing dominance, just like in the 2 previous Philly encounters. Columbo showing not too much rust to be knocked off.

Romo is looking their LBs off again & has them flummoxed. PI penalty, thats the 4th or 5th on Dallas.... they're calling this game really tight after the blowout last Sunday.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:12 PM
2nd big crayton return up the sideline, philly can't do STs

Jeezus did you see that slant to austin, wow.... kind of a skinny post hybrid, hit him in ful stride.... that guy's a Pro Bowler!

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I have to say I've never seen a DAllas offense carve up a Philly defense like tongitht, they miss Jim JOhnson & miss Dawkins... Garrett's gameplan is working bigtime so far, they can't cover the Cowboys tonight.

Inside the 5, Roy falls down! idiot, no one touched him WTF! great -- settle for the fg, 17-7 Dallas

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Hated Garrett's red zone calling there...three straight passes. The quick screen wasnt a bad idea but, Felix is running all over them.

He's been calling a great game but, god he loves to abandon the run when we're in there deep.

UTPATS
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
17 points already with several point-costing penalties...

D-Unit
01-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Team stupid has shown up tonite.

Eagles can easily win.

You just can't wait for the first bad play before you say stuff like this.

Your mouth is getting embarrassed right now.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Dallas s/b up at least 24-7 now..... dogshit, heavily penalized game

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Watching Felix get the bulk of the carries is a thing of a beauty. It's been a long time coming.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I ******* hate the Eagles.

Congrats on the W.

diesel
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
They just can't stop us. Period.

D-Unit
01-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Dallas s/b up at least 24-7 now..... dogshit, heavily penalized game

No no. Philly is having a lot of "missteps" and they have "reasons" why they are down.

LonghornsLegend
Countdown for how long until the Eagles fanbase starts talking about getting rid of Reid and McNabb again?? LMAO! Im enjoying every minute of this game :D

DeCrunkMAn
24-7!!!!!! :D

pocketaces
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Ass whoopin tonight.....

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
7 points off another Philly mistake, they are plain ******. Mcnabb is rattled ..... again

Think theres a stigma about last weekend in this stadium in the Eagles locker room pity party at halftime?

LMAO -- that long snap thru his legs looked like croquet -- ahhh-Hahhhh...

diesel
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Countdown for how long until the Eagles fanbase starts talking about getting rid of Reid and McNabb again?? LMAO! Im enjoying every minute of this game :D

They can blame Vick for the fumble now! Good idea putting him in an important game like this after barely playing this season.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM

Countdown? Have you missed every season since the SB run?

D-Unit
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I ******* hate the Eagles.

Congrats on the W.

I like the momentum but you guys score quickly with your big plays.

+rep on the sportsmanship.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh geez, I forgot. Our 2 minute defense still blows.

LonghornsLegend
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Watching Felix get the bulk of the carries is a thing of a beauty. It's been a long time coming.

You got that right brother, hes earned that chance and he makes us alot better...Actually nice to see him and Choice with no Barber.

diesel
01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Melt Down Baby!

M.O.T.H.
Bradie James making plays!

Sniper
Oh geez, I forgot. Our 2 minute defense still blows.

Not to worry. Leonard Weaver's got you covered.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
They can blame Vick for the fumble now! Good idea putting him in an important game like this after barely playing this season.

It was when Maclin roasted Jenkins. Good with the bad, I guess.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Philly shot themselves in the foot again, that was a strip & fumble!

diesel
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
That's the only time I've enjoyed seeing Brian Stewart's face during a Cowboy game.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Another PI call there, Jenkins did launch him with the ball in the air.....

Hoping for a Dallas - Jets SB so I can be half-right about the preseason predictions, I picked Jets-Atlanta or B-more Ravens-Atlanta. OK so I was wrong abgut the Falcons

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 08:49 PM
lol. What was Sam doing there?

pocketaces
01-09-2010, 08:50 PM
What does Desean have for us again? Wonder if he'll be tweeting an half time LOL

LizardState
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
It's an official "pasting" 27-7 at the half b/c Costas said so. McNabb looks dazed & confused, not on the same planet at all

Philly would be smart to put in Vick, McNabbs worthless & he has those Leavenworth instincts.

God, Costas has a cheapass dye job, a reddish shade not found in nature

pocketaces
01-09-2010, 08:57 PM
No no. Philly is having a lot of "missteps" and they have "reasons" why they are down.

But IF IF IF HAHAHA

Sniper
01-09-2010, 08:59 PM
But IF IF IF HAHAHA

Hey, it's the official word of your local Philadelphia Eagles fan. :D

I don't know why I subject myself to this every year.

pocketaces
01-09-2010, 09:08 PM

Because they are your team. Its bee a LOOOOOONG 13 years over here too.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
lol. What was Sam doing there?

Everyone is here, even George ******* Bush!

Jenkins blew an easy int, landed on his elbow, out of the game, sheee-it.

diesel
01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
So who's next anyways?

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
He may have chipped a tooth there or something haha...that was an awkward kick back.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Welcome, Sniper. You do it b/c of the rivalry, it's the high-risk, High-casualty NFC East We don't love you but we all respect you.

btw, did you see all the old game tapes this wk from the 1980 Dick Vermeil Eagles, all the Veteran's stadium video that ESPN dusted off hyping this game? Classic stuff... I oloved that old Landry Cowboys/Eagles animosity, I even recall Bill Bradley -- lots of Horns & Aggies playing for the Eagles, who seemed to prefer Texans.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Anyone else get the feeling Crayton has been waiting for that moment on punt returns? He's due for a breakout.

pocketaces
01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
So who's next anyways?

Minny.....

D-Unit
01-09-2010, 09:23 PM
All kidding aside, we need to remember how we felt getting swept by the Giants in '07 and not be turd fans to our fellow Philadelphia Eagles rivals.

Enjoy the moment, hope for the best next week. We could end up feeling like our rival friends.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Just be happy that the December woes and the playoff drought talks will finally end. Dont get overly cocky and just hope it continues. It's pretty obvious that the talent is there to do very big things this year.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 09:25 PM
who's next?

Minny.....

probably true, just wondering if McKennie can protect Favre vs Ware. OK it's too far ahead. Matchups favor Dallas though, both sides of the ball.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 09:26 PM
who's next?

probably true, just wondering if McKennie can protect Favre vs Ware. OK it's too far ahead. Matchups favor Dallas though, both sides of the ball.

It's not a probability. It's who they get, because the Packers/Cards winner will still be a lower seed than Dallas.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:27 PM
It's def. Minnesota because, they're the worse of the two best seeds.

diesel
01-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Man I love me some Felix Jones.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:30 PM
It's funny because, this kind of pisses me off at the same time. Why hasnt he been getting the ball all year? ugh.

But YAY! :D

diesel
01-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Minny was what I thought, hope we can get to Favre and keep Percy out of the game. Harvin and Jenkins anyone? And Jared Allen... We shall see.

pocketaces
01-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Minny was what I thought, hope we can get to Favre and keep Percy out of the game. Harvin and Jenkins anyone? And Jared Allen... We shall see.

Rice is the one to fear.

diesel
01-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Jenkins gettin' a little antsy with that return...

Sniper
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Rice is the one to fear.

He's a tank. Shiancoe is no joke either.

crisco0710
01-09-2010, 09:36 PM
It's funny because, this kind of pisses me off at the same time. Why hasnt he been getting the ball all year? ugh.

But YAY! :D

He is fresh for us and thats what matters. Honestly I would have been worried if he has been our main back all year due to how long the NFL season is.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:38 PM
That shouldnt be anyone's mentality. If that's the case, Felix will never be a super star in this league. He shouldnt be babied...they should have taken the chains off a long time ago.

diesel
01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
His blocking has been suspect and he hasn't exactly been healthy when he was in. They even admitted they don't trust his blocking just yet but it definitely has improved every game.

LonghornsLegend
01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
That shouldnt be anyone's mentality. If that's the case, Felix will never be a super star in this league. He shouldnt be babied...they should have taken the chains off a long time ago.

Hes not getting babied, he got hurt last time we tried to do this, why do you think wed start giving him 20 carries fresh off a knee injury? Hes gotten hurt each season, its stupid to think we should have been trying to work him to death b4 that...hes proved it now so hes getting his shot, we tried to take the chains off a long time ago but he wasnt ready.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
That's bull. Felix blocking isnt even an issue. He's actually a very solid blocker. I'd go as far as saying he's even been more aware at picking up the blitzer this year than Barber has been. Garrett has admitted to forgetting about him when Barber runs fairly well. Our offense has always been better when Felix has been in the game. And the injuries should also be a non issue, the guy is a weapon and has been deemed healthy. He's the best back, he should have been getting the ball.

No excuses not to lean on him next year. He's too special to be used like he has in his two years here.

And I never said 20 carries...he wasnt even breaking 10 for the majority of the season and that was just a horrible choice.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Tomorrow's headlines: Dallas & the Jets: The teams no one wants to face in the playoffs!

Put in Kitna, Rest Your Starters, it's the new NFL-approved trend.

Forgotten if they lose next weekend, enjoy it while they can. Best thing is the Dec-Jan jinx dead & buried. And the media story of Wade fired if they lose ........... we've heard that before.

diesel
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
The Dallas Cowboys coaches are excited about rookie running back Felix Jones' potential in the passing game because of his big-play ability. But he has to be an adequate pass protector to play on third downs. And the question is, will Jones block well enough to protect Romo?

Wade Phillips downplays the concern about Marion Barber wearing down as the lead back in a two-horse system, but the Cowboys would be wise to limit No. 24's collisions. You'd rather have those happen when he has the ball in his hands instead of when he's picking up blitzers, although Barber is good at that aspect of the game.

RB coach Skip Peete says Jones needs to improve as a pass protector, but he believes that will happen. Jones is willing to stick his nose in there, which is half the battle. But his technique needs a lot of work. He didn't have his feet set when he met undrafted rookie Darrell Robertson on a pass play yesterday and got knocked sideways. Robertson didn't get to Romo, but a veteran NFL defender might have.

Source: Dallas Morning News

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Watch the games...when has Felix ever had an in game pass blocking problem? He's done a fine job each time he has been out there and he's getting better and better. Marion on the other hand has been having trouble picking up the blitz all year.

diesel
01-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I agree he has gotten much better as the year has progressed but I believe that is a part of it. Anyways, he's been great in this game, good to finally stop the playoff trouble talk.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
We really shouldnt be arguing about it. haha. Cause he's getting the ball now...it's just irked me, that's all. :)

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
HAHA, I was just coming back here to say the same thing!

dpl85
01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Felix had the longest TD run in Cowboys playoff history! I think I was 10 or 11 the last time we actually won a playoff game.

pocketaces
01-09-2010, 10:03 PM
We really shouldnt be arguing about it. haha. Cause he's getting the ball now...it's just irked me, that's all. :)

He still only has 13 carries.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Felix had the longest TD run in Cowboys playoff history! I think I was 10 or 11 the last time we actually won a playoff game.

Tony Dorsett holds the longest run in NFL regular season history too. In Minnesota vs the Vikes, early 70s.

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
As good of a player Jason Witten is, he sure creates a lot of penalties for us. Not just this game either seems hes good for 1-2 a game for illegal motion or lining up incorrectly. We can not get this many penalties in the playoffs like this and expect to keep winning.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
He still only has 13 carries.

14...which is sadly one carry off of a career high. But really, the wheels are already turning on him replacing Barber as the main back, sooner than later. I dont see how we dont start him next year.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
At least Flozell hasnt been called for a false start yet

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Flo apparently owns Trent Cole. Both of these weeks Cole has done absolutely nothing.

Bradie sack! Fantastic game for James today.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Bradie James sack! I was hoping for the safety. Demarcus strip, Carpenter recovery. Philly is done

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
That Ware strip seemed liek it was in slow motion... beautiful.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Throw to Hurd...give him a sympathy grab. Come on.

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Surprised not to see more Ogletree as well. Too bad that catch was called back.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Ogletree had a nice hit at least. Knocked Macho out.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Well, glad be beat this team.

Gotta play smarter with the penalties.

That reversal of the Romo INT was the game changer IMHO.

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Come on now, don't let them get 21.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Looks like Wade is gonna be our man, and I'm very happy with that.

There arent many jobs out there...but Garrett could def. get some looks. It will probably be the same ole show next year, though. And Garrett has been earning my trust more and more as this season has wound down. So, I'm A okay with having them back right now.

Probably in the minority...but I ******* love Wade.

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Garrett has finally solved his "problem" of having too many good RB's. Love what he has done with the offense lately though that is for.sure.

Barber only had 4 carries right?

Modano
01-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I guess McNabb still has a good shot at airbanding ;)

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:33 PM
The emergence of Spencer, Jenkins, and adding Brooking and Sensabaugh has really turned this around so much.

Edit - can't for get Igor "strong like bull" Olshansky and Romo's ball control.

dpl85
01-09-2010, 10:34 PM
How could a Dallas fan not love Wade with what he's done with this D? His press conferences are hard to stay awake for and his voice inflection almost never changes but who cares about that stuff when you can coach em up like this?

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Garrett is a cocky dude...I wonder what would happen if Al Davis called. hahahahaha.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Garrett is a cocky dude...I wonder what would happen if Al Davis called. hahahahaha.

I am not a JG fan. Last week was better than this week IMHO. He goes, no great loss IMHO.

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Felix ended up with 148 yards, needed 13 to break Dorsett's playoff record.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I am not a JG fan. Last week was better than this week IMHO. He goes, no great loss IMHO.

Oh, I've been one of his biggest critics. I wouldnt call myself a fan, either. I def. think we could benefit from a veteran play caller. I've just warmed up to him staying on as our O Coord. just recently with his last few games he's called. He finished off the year strong, with some great called games...funny how it coincides with Felix getting the ball more.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 10:39 PM
...funny how it coincides with Felix getting the ball more.

And it Jerrah complaining which .....

dpl85
01-09-2010, 10:41 PM
JG drives me crazy sometimes but it is important to remember that he's still pretty young and somewhat green as a coach. It would really suck if he went to another team and that team benefited from his maturation process here.

kumar3112
01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
That was a very sloppy football game to watch. So many penalties and stupid turnovers. Im happty tho. Finally ended the drought

JoeyHeisman
01-09-2010, 10:46 PM
So how about a nice round of applause for Bobby Carpenter. He played as solid of a game as I've seen from him in a lonnnngggg time, perhaps ever.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Where are the Eagle fans to tell me DeSean is better than Austin? Or that Asante can sniff Jenkins jock? (*and Jenkins played bad too*)

diesel
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Where are the Eagle fans to tell me DeSean is better than Austin? Or that Asante can sniff Jenkins jock? (*and Jenkins played bad too*)

No clue, just took a look at the Eagles thread and no ones saying anything. I have no idea why.

Time for you guys to make them a nice sig for those sig bets!

Sniper
01-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Are you really touting Jenkins after a game where Jeremy Maclin, Jenkins' main assignment, torched him for a 76-yard TD and 146 yards? Samuel came nowhere near that amount.

dpl85
01-09-2010, 10:57 PM
It was a terrible play but one bad play doesn't mean he sucks. It happens, every good CB gets beat from time to time. When you look at his overall performance this season he's been very good.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Are you really touting Jenkins after a game where Jeremy Maclin, Jenkins' main assignment, torched him for a 76-yard TD and 146 yards? Samuel came nowhere near that amount.

Clearly, you missed the game.

Jenkins did fall on that gimmick play and gave up a big reception. He also broke up a few key passes on third down and got two INT.

And DeSean the greatest of all time???? Where was he?

Give me a break.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 10:59 PM
It was a terrible play but one bad play doesn't mean he sucks. It happens, every good CB gets beat from time to time. When you look at his overall performance this season he's been very good.

I never, ever said Jenkins sucks. He's very good, but he's nowhere near the player Bob makes him out to be. I do like Bob's hypocrisy, though. When Samuel and Sheldon get beat, it's because they suck and they're overrated. If it happens to Jenkins, it's just a bad game. :rolleyes:

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:00 PM

If not for that play and a second slip, he had a pretty god game.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Jenkins had an up and down game...Maclin ate his lunch on those two big gainers. At least he still had a couple of pass breakups and an INT.

Not a typical Jenkins game at all, not even close. Rarely does Mike give up anything, let alone, 100+ yards. Props to Mac.

diesel
01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
He was also | | close to having 2 INT's.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Clearly, you missed the game.

No, I didn't.

Jenkins did fall on that gimmick play and gave up a big reception.

And a few others. Maclin was mostly covered by Jenkins, since the Cowboys use Newman for Jackson. Maclin had 7/146/1.

He also broke up a few key passes on third down and got two INT.

Giving him credit for an INT that he didn't get? Really? You'll stoop that low?

M. Jenkins 1 -1 0

And DeSean the greatest of all time???? Where was he?

Please tell me where I said DeSean was the GOAT. I'll be waiting.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I never, ever said Jenkins sucks. He's very good, but he's nowhere near the player Bob makes him out to be. I do like Bob's hypocrisy, though. When Samuel and Sheldon get beat, it's because they suck and they're overrated. If it happens to Jenkins, it's just a bad game. :rolleyes:

Austin ran right by Jenkins and Brown ad got a PI that let to a TD.

Austin broke a slant on Brown that led to a TD.

Even Williams started to look good until he blew the 3rd down slant.

Your CB are over rated.

Jenkins made ONE mistake. 7 Points. he also had 3 pass breakups and 2 INT.

How any did Asante and Brown have together???? ZERO.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
He was also | | close to having 2 INT's.

I saw it out of the corner of my eye. The last one was not an INT?

OK, just 1. 4 pass breakups then.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 11:04 PM
The last one wasnt really anything statistically because, he caught the ball out of bounds.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Jenkins made ONE mistake. 7 Points.

Clearly, he didn't. If he had, Maclin wouldn't have put up more yards than Austin and Williams combined.

he also had 3 pass breakups and 2 INT.

4 and 1.

How any did Asante and Brown have together???? ZERO.

Hahahaha, more hypocrisy. When Asante gets picked, it's because ZOMGZ HE GAMBLEZ SO MUCH AND HE'S NOT GOOD. When Jenkins gets a pick, it's an indicator of how good he is.

Anyway, much like the Eagles' season, I'm done. Maclin dominated Jenkins. End o' story.

diesel
01-09-2010, 11:06 PM
He didn't have any because of the fumble I believe, and yes the last one was just a turnover on downs.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 11:07 PM
The INT still counts on a fumble.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Jenkins had an up and down game...Maclin ate his lunch on those two big gainers. At least he still had a couple of pass breakups and an INT.

Not a typical Jenkins game at all, not even close. Rarely does Mike give up anything, let alone, 100+ yards. Props to Mac.

He had the one play with Vick for 80 yards.

To me Jenkins played poorly b/c he slipped twice and that lateral killed me.

But Maclin did little outside that one play to help his team put up points. DeSean did even less.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm done. Maclin dominated Jenkins. End o' story.

Very dominant. 4 pass break ups and 1 INT.

Eagels WR made 1 big play all year versus the Cowboys. It required a slip and fall plus a Mike Vick gimmick play.

Dominant. GOAT.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
He had the one play with Vick for 80 yards.

To me Jenkins played poorly b/c he slipped twice and that lateral killed me.

But Maclin did little outside that one play to help his team put up points. DeSean did even less.

Maclin had a big gainer on a slant that Jenkins went for an INT on. The one late in the game, where he ended up cutting across the entire field for big yards. I dont recall how long it was but it was a big gainer. So two big plays...he was good other than that but, those were huge plays, even if the one was pointless. Mac played very well against him.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Jenkins played stupid tonite but he created 4 change of possessions.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Maclin had a big gainer on a slant that Jenkins went for an INT on. The one late in the game, where he ended up cutting across the entire field for big yards. I dont recall how long it was but it was a big gainer. So two big plays...he was good other than that but, those were huge plays. Mac played very well against him.

Game was over by then. Eagles got lots of yards down by 20+

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Game was over by then.

True but, it still counts.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:13 PM
True but, it still counts.

Still counts for what??????? It does not count for anything.

Eagles did nothing. Over-rated.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Very dominant. 4 pass break ups and 1 INT.

By your own way to measure corners...

Asante Samuel- 25 PBU, 9 picks.
Sheldon Brown- 22 PBU, 5 picks
Mike Jenkins- 24 PBU, 5 picks

So, according to your own way to measure corners, Samuel > Jenkins.

It required a slip and fall plus a Mike Vick gimmick play.

Dominant. GOAT.

Slip and fall, juked on a double move, it's all the same, right?

7/146/1 is dominating, no matter how you try to spin it.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:14 PM
By your own way to measure corners...

Asante Samuel- 25 PBU, 9 picks.
Sheldon Brown- 22 PBU, 5 picks
Mike Jenkins- 24 PBU, 5 picks

So, according to your own way to measure corners, Samuel > Jenkins.

Slip and fall, juked on a double move, it's all the same, right?

7/146/1 is dominating, no matter how you try to spin it.

Very dominant. 34-14.

I was more impressed by Austin 1 catch for 49 yards in Game 1 than by Maclin's ho-hum catches down by 27.

diesel
01-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Don't know how to put this as a video in a post but it seems fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceC16yRDFOA

Paul
01-09-2010, 11:15 PM
vic-TORY! Just got back from the epicness and it was amazing. Homeboy hooked it up and we got into the Miller Lite Club where the Cowboys enter and leave the field in. I was 5 feet away from Ware, I almost fainted. Amazing amazing night.

And show some love to David Buehler, one of the coolest guys with the fans. Stopped by to give the fans high 5's and chat a little bit. Got the fans all rowdy before each kickoff. One energetic Kid. Love him.

COWBOYS!

dpl85
01-09-2010, 11:15 PM
The only thing I really had a problem with relative to Mike was that fumble after the interception. He better not ever ever attempt that again.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
ugh...just giving Maclin props. No harm in that. I edited my first post when you posted, I know it was meaningless yardage but, he still beat him. No big deal. ugh.

Mike doesnt get beat too often so, it's fine to throw a little respect out to the few that do it. haha.

herniateddisc
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
The only thing I really had a problem with relative to Mike was that fumble after the interception. He better not ever ever attempt that again.

When they got up he was gambling a bit. He needs to reign it in. Those types of plays can get teams back into games.

diesel
01-09-2010, 11:17 PM

Jay Ratliff sure let him know about it right after that play too, LOL.

M.O.T.H.
01-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Honestly, I think the most interesting thing about next week's game is going to be how well we'll be able to run against them. The worst thing Garrett could do, is abandon the run. We have some big ole boys up front but, as we saw against the Packers, they can certainly be over powered. Might not have much success up the gut but, we may see some real nice gains out of some Felix stretches/tosses.

diesel
01-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Another thing is John Phillips playing time, have we completely lost faith in Bennett as a receiver?

dpl85
01-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't want this to sound cocky or like trash talk or anything.. but the only way I can really see us losing to Minny is if Garrett has a brain fart and totally abandons the run even if the game is close throughout. That and the usual stuff that gets you beat like turnovers and penalties etc. obviously.

DMWSackMachine
01-10-2010, 05:12 AM
What a great f*cking night.

herniateddisc
01-10-2010, 07:52 AM
What a great f*cking night.

Some Eagles fan "offed himself?"

LonghornsLegend
01-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Have you guys heard anything about Choice? Im really hoping he didnt get another concussion because we need him. If anything for the wildcat but hes also playing better then Barber now.

Still you cant power run Minny you have to use speed to the edge, weve got to use lots of Felix regardless.

herniateddisc
01-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Have you guys heard anything about Choice? Im really hoping he didnt get another concussion because we need him. If anything for the wildcat but hes also playing better then Barber now.

Still you cant power run Minny you have to use speed to the edge, weve got to use lots of Felix regardless.

I think we are a passing team next week from the get go.

Lots of completions and RAC to start the game.

With the 4 DL and the LB over pursuing -- I see a big game for the TE and RB on mid-direction

M.O.T.H.
01-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I havent heard anything about Choice yet either...I really hope it wasnt another concussion.

As for something else...who are you guys rooting for today? I've said it a bunch of times but, I dont want to play Green Bay again, so I'm riding the Cards train today.

pocketaces
01-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I havent heard anything about Choice yet either...I really hope it wasnt another concussion.

As for something else...who are you guys rooting for today? I've said it a bunch of times but, I dont want to play Green Bay again, so I'm riding the Cards train today.

If we play Green Bay again, the winner goes to the Super Bowl and it will be at home. I'll take it.

M.O.T.H.
01-10-2010, 09:00 AM
If we play Green Bay again, the winner goes to the Super Bowl and it will be at home. I'll take it.

If they play Arizona...it'd also be at home. That wasnt really the point. Green Bay's D just man handled us the last time we played them, so I'd rather not even see them again.

Rodgers doesnt turn the ball over, Finley has emerged as a threat, they're a better running team than Arizona, and that defense is brilliant. Not to mention that they're the least turnover prone team in the league, opposed to Arizona being the most prone to turnovers. They make me more nervous than the Cards do.

That's not to say the Cards arent a scary team but, the Pack is just that much scarier. First and foremost because, of the way they moved our O-line around...our size was a non issue for them.

nrcirc
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
If they play Arizona...it'd also be at home. That wasnt really the point. Green Bay's D just man handled us the last time we played them, so I'd rather not even see them again.

Rodgers doesnt turn the ball over, Finley has emerged as a threat, they're a better running team than Arizona, and that defense is brilliant. Not to mention that they're the least turnover prone team in the league, opposed to Arizona being the most prone to turnovers. They make me more nervous than the Cards do.

That's not to say the Cards arent a scary team but, the Pack is just that much scarier. First and foremost because, of the way they moved our O-line around...our size was a non issue for them.

It seems to me you think both teams will walk over the Saints. One game at a time.

M.O.T.H.
01-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Not at all...I was just making conversation because of the game today. Anything could happen in that Saints game, I dont want to downplay them either. haha. i just think the Pack are extremely dangerous.

I always take everything one game at a time. I was just wondering who you guys were riding today. Am I putting Dallas in the championship game right now? Of course not, but I'm sure as hell staying aware of who is still out there and hey, if the Pack could be bumped right now, it will put a smile on my face.

LizardState
01-10-2010, 11:08 AM
So how about a nice round of applause for Bobby Carpenter. He played as solid of a game as I've seen from him in a lonnnngggg time, perhaps ever.

Yeah, 2 fumble recoveries for the much-maligned Boooobbbbbby Carpenter. He's learned how to tackle & overcome his own jinx.

And kudos to the emergence of Jenkins, who's a solid NFL starter DB now, corner or nickelback, whichever. Had drunk dreams all last night of that swarming Dallas defense all over the Eagles, pwned all this season, 3-0!! That's no small triumph in Cowboysland, friends...... Running game was significant, ESPN just flashed the graphic, 377 rushing yds. in 2 wins vs. the Eagles in one wk, just wow!

Mothman, me too, I'm suddenly a Cardinal fan for a day or so, no more trips to the frozen tundra for our Boys!

I can't wait to see the Dallas pass rush come after Favre like hungry sharks. The Dallas defense should give the Purple People Eaters fits. I'm sure the coaches are watching film of that Monday night game with McKennie AND Favre benched, the look of panic on Childress' face. Gotta block Jared Allen & the Williamses though.

nrcirc
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Not at all...I was just making conversation because of the game today. Anything could happen in that Saints game, I dont want to downplay them either. haha. i just think the Pack are extremely dangerous.

I always take everything one game at a time. I was just wondering who you guys were riding today. Am I putting Dallas in the championship game right now? Of course not, but I'm sure as hell staying aware of who is still out there and hey, if the Pack could be bumped right now, it will put a smile on my face.

I do agree with that Pack has the better match up against us, if we do end up play them, we are gong to at home with the health team, any way I would prefer playing the Saints.

pocketaces
01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
GB is getting lit up today!

Macarthur
01-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I think we are a passing team next week from the get go.

Lots of completions and RAC to start the game.

With the 4 DL and the LB over pursuing -- I see a big game for the TE and RB on mid-direction

I think this is an interesting take. I think Minn is going to be hard to run up the gut. Two years ago against Minn, we did start off throwing a lot and make those big DTs rush the passer. The Williams boys got gassed early and then we were able to run in the 2nd half. I like this plan. Minn's weakness is safety and a rookie MLB. Therefore, I think you attack the middle of the field bigtime. Then pound the rock in the 2nd half.

E-Man
01-11-2010, 03:25 PM
This was one of the best possible outcomes for this team. To destroy the Eagles the way they did was beautiful, and the **** talking I heard from Eagles fans made it even sweeter. The way the defense played deserved all the praise in the world. Hopefully they keep it going in Minny.

herniateddisc
01-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Tough game this week. Very tough opponent.

leroyisgod
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
The match-up this week is a lot tighter than what it was against Philly. I think our passing game will have to setup our running attack. Minnesota's secondary is suspect and I think we can attack them. Especially Witten, he can take advantage of the LB's.

Macarthur
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Norm on the ticket talked today about the teams that Minn has played that have winning records. Of those teams, only NY did Minn have a good defensive effort. In something like 4 games, they averaged giving up more than 24 points. If you can block em, their defense can be had.

thule
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
MN is a perfect matchup for us. They shutdown teams that like the smash the ball up the middle. But they only have one corner in Winfield and trash at safety. They have speed at OLB and DE's do a good job at keeping contain....so either C gap runs or misdirection work...but you have to block the Williams for interior gimmicks to work...and thats easier said than done. This game will come down to what we do against Griffin and the safetys. I think this game is a bit of a shoot out...and I think it comes down to who has the ball last. I'll give an over under of 60.

crisco0710
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
LOL! trotter said the Cowboys knew everything the Eagles were doing on defense. He even said one play Romo yelled out "Trotter, go ahead and shift over." and Trotter was supposed to shift on that play! lol.

Brothgar
01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
LOL! trotter said the Cowboys knew everything the Eagles were doing on defense. He even said one play Romo yelled out "Trotter, go ahead and shift over." and Trotter was supposed to shift on that play! lol.

They be videotapin yoz!!!

LonghornsLegend
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Nice to have a change of fates, I remember last year Baltimore and Philly doing that to our offense and us being so predictable, we've came a long way to that point.

M.O.T.H.
01-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Those two games last year were a joke...they seriously did know every damn thing we were doing. A good example of how horrible Garrett was last year. I'm liking him right now, though.

But anyway, it's also nice to see the Eagles call out draw, draw, draw on a Romo audible and we end up passing. Feels good. :D

D-Unit
01-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to say...

HOLY HELL!!! WE BEAT THEM 3 GAMES IN THE SAME SEASON!!!