PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Bowl Prospects

Me Likey Rookies
01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Jerry Hughes has made a few plays but also looks like he is taking some plays off with little effort.

Daryl Washington has been on BEAST MODE for most of the game.

Kyle Wilson has a couple pass breakups and a great corner blitz where the QB fumbled and could not get up for a few minutes.

off-topic: I am loving the camera work inbetween plays. They have been showing either cheerleaders or hot chicks all game.

bxgoods
01-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I've peeped the cheerleaders too, Boise State has a fat cheerleader that just looks out of place lol.

Where do you see Daryl Washington going in the draft? Is he too small to play MLB in the NFL

cdmPSU17
01-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I gotta say I really like this Kerley kid...reminds me a little of Devin Hester.

TheSlinger
01-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Who's this Titus Young fella and what are his draft prospects?

D-Unit
01-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Who's this Titus Young fella and what are his draft prospects?
All he does is make plays. He's been doing it all year. But I keep hearing Petis (sp?) getting more hype.

JaxJag_1
01-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Titus Young was suspended at 1 point this season but he's a real player

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
01-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Any chance Andy Dalton is drafted or an UDFA? Or did his career end tonight?

Babylon
01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Any chance Andy Dalton is drafted or an UDFA? Or did his career end tonight?

I think he's a junior. I dont see either of those guys tonight as NFL material.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Dalton's arm looked pretty fringy to me

descendency
01-05-2010, 05:53 AM
I basically agree with the OP. Jerry Hughes may have taken a hit into the second round. He looked like he was taking plays off and like he struggled to rush the passer at times.

Then again, Daryl Washington could have shot himself into the [late] first round or early second.

edit: From what I saw from Dalton, I was unimpressed. I don't see an much potential from him. He'll need to return.

YotoJets007
01-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Washington of TCU and Wilson of BSU are legit prospects. Thats it. Hughes had been double team for most of the game.

Hurricanes25
01-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Jerry Hughes has made a few plays but also looks like he is taking some plays off with little effort.

I basically agree with the OP. Jerry Hughes may have taken a hit into the second round. He looked like he was taking plays off and like he struggled to rush the passer at times.

Im with you both. He took a lot of plays off especially when he was double teamed. It almost looked like he gave no effort when double teamed. He was my #1 3-4 OLB before the game and he is now moving down.

bigbuc
01-05-2010, 03:15 PM
off-topic: I am loving the camera work inbetween plays. They have been showing either cheerleaders or hot chicks all game.

TCU cheerleaders were the best part about there team last night.

SickwithIt1010
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
All he does is make plays. He's been doing it all year. But I keep hearing Petis (sp?) getting more hype.

Being from idaho i follow BSU football a ton.

I think Austin Pettis is the best prospect when it comes to recievers, his dad is an ex basketball star, and before last night it was looking as though he was out for the year with a broken leg. He didnt have to play in that game, but he did anyways and i love that in a player.

Titus is a great play maker, much faster than Pettis and is more of a YAC reciever. They are both much better when they have the other guy out there with them. They work very well together. I think both of them are going to have successful careers in the league.

mpt117
01-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Washington of TCU and Wilson of BSU are legit prospects. Thats it. Hughes had been double team for most of the game.

if rafael priest played in the game for tcu, i think you would have seen that he is a legit prospect too

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Im with you both. He took a lot of plays off especially when he was double teamed. It almost looked like he gave no effort when double teamed. He was my #1 3-4 OLB before the game and he is now moving down.

One game shouldn't make that big of an impact. It might have been just an off game for him. Now if he was taking plays off all season, then it's a concern and he should move down.

TACKLE
01-06-2010, 09:50 PM

If you were watching him closely, when he was actually given an opportunity to pin his ears back and rush the passer, he dominated the RT. He was way to fast and that guy didn't have a chance. The thing is on first and second downs they had him play a much more run first technique. You could see his stance was noticeably different. A lot of times they had him covering the TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield despite lining up in a 3-point stance. He showed the ability to do a lot of things that most DE's who are going to be making the transition to 3-4 OLB's would never even be asked to do at the college level. Like I said before, when Hughes only responsibility was rush the passer was rarely blocked by RT. Boise game planned for him running roll-outs to the left along with running a lot of quick screens and short passes. And when they weren't doing this they were keeping there RB to stay in and double with the RT on Hughes. Boise need to game-plan around Hughes was evident. He did nothing in that game to hurt his stock.