PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Washington - LB - TCU

JaxJag_1
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
He had himself one heckuva ball game last night vs. Boise, seemed to be everywhere, and I've seen him as a Rd. 2 prospect.

But what are your thoughts on him and his pro prospects?

prock
01-05-2010, 05:45 PM
He had himself one heckuva ball game last night vs. Boise, seemed to be everywhere, and I've seen him as a Rd. 2 prospect.

But what are your thoughts on him and his pro prospects?

watched the game last night and he looked legit. he beasted kids. i was very impressed. i think he is a legitmate second round prospect as well.

ThePudge
01-05-2010, 05:49 PM
With his athleticism, rare coverage ability, and play this year.. he may end up even higher than the second round. Right now, I think his stock is sitting right at the bottom of the 1st-top of the 2nd. With a good Senior Bowl, and good showing in Indianapolis (expected), he could find his way into the Top 25 I think.

Day One Pick
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
He's probably going to have to move to weak side OLB in the NFL. The kid can really run, but struggles to get off blocks. He looks like some bulk and added strength will also be necessary. Did I mention the kid can run?

More athletic, less instinctive Sean Weatherspoon. Similar build, looks taller though.

mid 2nd round

phlysac
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Wish he was big enough to play 3-4 MIKE/TED. Draft is REALLY missing good fits for those this year.

superman8456
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Reminds me of Omar Gaither. Maybe a little bigger though.

E-Man
01-05-2010, 06:19 PM
He's going to make some team happy. His speed and instincts will take him far in the NFL. I really want the Cowboys to take him, but I don't think they're in the market for him when they spent a relatively high pick on J. Williams last year.

phlysac
01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
He's going to make some team happy. His speed and instincts will take him far in the NFL. I really want the Cowboys to take him, but I don't think they're in the market for him when they spent a relatively high pick on J. Williams last year.

I don't see how he is a very good fit for Dallas' 3-4. :shrugs:

fenikz
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
I see no reason why he can't put on 15 pounds or so to play ILB

D-Unit
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Williams was drafted in the 3rd round. Not an early pick.

My question with Washington is what his exact size/weight dimensions are. They're all over the place. I've seen him from 6'1 to 6'3... from 210 to 235...

Babylon
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM

My question with Washington is what his exact size/weight dimensions are. They're all over the place. I've seen him from 6'1 to 6'3... from 210 to 235...

To the naked eye he looked about 6-2 235. I thought he played pretty well, all their LBs did. Interesting that every guy that has a decent bowl game all of a sudden jumps about a round for no apparent reason.

PACKmanN
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Sounds like a young Nick Barnett.

bigbuc
01-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Like him a lot.... If he runs in the 4.4's like people say he'll be a top 45 pick.

FUNBUNCHER
01-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Like him a lot.... If he runs in the 4.4's like people say he'll be a top 45 pick.

If he runs a 4.4 at the Combine he's going in the top 25, assuming his height/weight are in range.

Ozzy
01-06-2010, 08:23 AM
First time seeing him play, I was very impressed him him, easily one of the top linebackers coming out. Also does not hurt him that TCU linebackers are successful in the NFL, example David Hawthorne.

ElectricEye
01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
LOVE Daryl Washington. Might actually have a chance to surpass Jerry Hughes in the draft. Weight will be important for him, but he's such a useful player. Really great in run support, really good in coverage too. He has some kind of burst for a linebacker as well. I could see him projecting to SS in certain schemes, although I haven't seen him do much in the way of zone coverage(correct me if I'm wrong).

bxgoods
01-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I thought TCU played a lot of Cover 2? They looked like they played a lot of Cover 2 in the Fiesta bowl, Washington showed a lot of range back pedalling.

JFLO
01-06-2010, 12:40 PM
If Minnesota didn't draft Brinkley last year, I would want them all over Daryl Washington.

Straight playmaker and underrated athleticism, severely underrated.

I still like McClain more, but I think Washington is definitely capable of passing Spikes when it comes to player rankings.

In terms of draft position though, Spikes publicity will give him the better spot.

BeerBaron
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM

A 3rd is relatively high I'd say, in the top half of the draft......certainly not a throw away pick. I think that's what he meant by it.

ThePudge
01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I still like McClain more, but I think Washington is definitely capable of passing Spikes when it comes to player rankings.

In terms of draft position though, Spikes publicity will give him the better spot.

I would say he already has. Washington's athleticism, cover skills, reliable tackling, and ability to play sideline to sideline make him a top pro Mike/Will prospect. I'd expect Washington to go slightly ahead of teammate Jerry Hughes, and fellow senior ILB Brandon Spikes. This guy's a player and possesses a very pro-friendly skill-set. As I said before, don't be shocked if Washington is in the 20-30 range in April. He's no sleeper anymore.

E-Man
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Me neither. I thought I posted that I didn't think he fit, but it slipped my mind. He's great at tracking the ball though. He's so fun to watch.

He was their first pick though, so I imagine they'll try to give him some time to develop before moving on.

D-Unit
01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Care to expand on that?

phlysac
01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Care to expand on that?

As I mentioned in your PM it is merely a concern of weight. His weight listings are alll over the place though I see and my point could be moot if he weighs heavy at the Combine.