PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre McDaniel to Return to Clemson

Nard_Dog
01-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm a little surprised I thought he was a fringe first round pick. However does make some sense with Reshad Jones declaring.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100105/APS/1001052456

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm shocked too, his buzz right now is endless...

phlysac
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
If Earl Thomas comes out, McDaniel will likely be a 1st round safety next year. Plus another year to show he isn't a character concern. Good decision if he stays healthy.

Hines
01-05-2010, 11:17 PM
If Earl Thomas comes out, McDaniel will likely be a 1st round safety next year. Plus another year to show he isn't a character concern. Good decision if he stays healthy.

If McDaniel gets a first round grade, he said he's coming out. It's unlikely though.

Next year has Rahim Moore and Mark Barron. Those two can make it tough on McDaniel.

mpt117
01-05-2010, 11:40 PM
man i thought this guy was a senior...no wonder why i didnt see him in scotts rankings.

Ozzy
01-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Wow, he can still change his mind though right? He is arguably the best strong safety in the nation in terms of production this year. He played the pass, played the run, tackled aggressively and was all over the field, very Eric Berry like. Sure Berry with his history would be picked over him and maybe Mays but no one else outside of that, the kid is a first round pick but maybe he likes the college game too much.

I will believe it when I see it though, he really should change his mind, I doubt he could play at the same level he did this season, there is just no way. However he could clearly be the first safety taken next year, but with guys like Black and Earl Thomas if they come back, who knows, things could change. Just simply put he cannot play any better than he did this year, thus next year will be a let down I think in production.

RealityCheck
01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
I think it's the right move, this safety class is too crowded with Berry, Mays, Allen and Jones.