PDA

View Full Version : Orange Bowl prospects

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I just saw Brian Bulaga get pushed into the backfield on two consecutive plays, not a good look!!

Babylon
01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I just saw Brian Bulaga get pushed into the backfield on two consecutive plays, not a good look!!

He seems to have righted the ship, he looked really good on that last drive. Like the looks of Derrick Morgan.

Big Black
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Bulaga has settled in rather well. He's showing quick feet and moves really well on engaging defenders downfield.

Young Legend
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Morgan is a beast

Cicero
01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Bulaga got away with a hold/facemask on Morgan.

holt_bruce81
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Morgan is a beast. So is Clayborn, and I've been impressed with Stanzi.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah I was thinkin "damn, he stepped it up". I like Bulaga and he is playin well although Morgan just Julius Pepper'd his azz on Iowa's last drive...

HawkeyeFan
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Adrian Clayborn should be the top DL prospect next year.

Babylon
01-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Bulaga has settled in rather well. He's showing quick feet and moves really well on engaging defenders downfield.

He's a great run blocker, move to guard if necessary?

HawkeyeFan
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Funny enough, Iowa OL played better without Bulaga this season. He's been disappointing IMO.

Also, Pat Angerer is playing like a beast.

Hines
01-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Baulaga is going to declare for the draft or not declare tonight after the game.

HawkeyeFan
01-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't know if that's a question or not, but IMO he SHOULD NOT declare. He needs another year of Ferentz.

Hines
01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
A projected top 25 pick is hard to pass up. I think he declares.

HawkeyeFan
01-05-2010, 09:07 PM
A projected top 25 pick is hard to pass up. I think he declares.
Top #25 right now, but Top 5 potentially next year.

Babylon
01-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Top #25 right now, but Top 5 potentially next year.

Not sure if he would go ahead of Gabe Carimi and Clint Boling next year. I think he's done pretty well tonight but sometimes i think i'm watching a differant game from what i read on here. He reminds me a little of Jake Long, real strong in the run game and ok as a pass protector.

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Tyler Sash, could be in the running for the top safety in next year's draft, kinda quiet this game, but then again, #8 for GT is nowhere to be found, so he must be having a pretty decent game..lol

Hines
01-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Not sure if he would go ahead of Gabe Carimi and Clint Boling next year. I think he's done pretty well tonight but sometimes i think i'm watching a differant game from what i read on here. He reminds me a little of Jake Long, real strong in the run game and ok as a pass protector.

Would not surprise me to see Carimi declare soon. Just a personal feeling.

Tyler Sash, could be in the running for the top safety in next year's draft, kinda quiet this game, but then again, #8 for GT is nowhere to be found, so he must be having a pretty decent game..lol

Naw, there are gonna be better safeties than Sash, but Sash makes so many plays he just might jump infront of them.

rockio42
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
From what I've seen of Morgan, he doesn't play with much or any leverage and got pushed around in the running game at times...by TE's on some plays

detroit4life
01-05-2010, 09:53 PM
clayborn has really impressed me so far. kinda wish he was coming out this year

DiG
01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
its dwyer time now. he only gets better as the game goes on. he should have way more carries at this point but GT coaches dont know what they are doin.

D-Unit
01-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Pretty impressed with this Angerer guy...

Shane P. Hallam
01-05-2010, 10:04 PM

Just like Frantz Joseph!

princefielder28
01-05-2010, 10:26 PM

I like Angerer as one of the top inside backers as far as seniors go...i think at this point i prefer both Angerer and Washington over Spikes when it comes to senior inside backers

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Brandon Weger, he is a frosh, but wow, great bust, good wiggle, this kid could be a top back in 2012/2013....

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Is it me, or is Dwyer kind of slow and sluggish, not overly impressed with him at all, maybe this was a bad game but I dont think this guy is anywhere near either Gerhart of Spiller, but we will see come combine time.

Babylon
01-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Is it me, or is Dwyer kind of slow and sluggish, not overly impressed with him at all, maybe this was a bad game but I dont think this guy is anywhere near either Gerhart of Spiller, but we will see come combine time.

Dwyer looks pretty good, i think it's hard to tell in that offense. I still like Gerhart of all the backs but i'll catch flak for that i'm sure.

Clayborn was a beast, they ran away from him after a while

Morgan was ok, the image of him not catching Stanzi is burned in my brain.

Thought Bulaga was better as the game went on, great run blocker, decent pass blocker, happy with him at 14 to Seattle

Aj Edds not to far behind Chad Greenway in my mind.

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Dwyer looks pretty good, i think it's hard to tell in that offense. I still like Gerhart of all the backs but i'll catch flak for that i'm sure.

Clayborn was a beast, they ran away from him after a while

Morgan was ok, the image of him not catching Stanzi is burned in my brain.

Thought Bulaga was better as the game went on, great run blocker, decent pass blocker, happy with him at 14 to Seattle

Aj Edds not to far behind Chad Greenway in my mind.

Yea I noticed, what is it with this board, most poster's seem to HATE Gerhart.

D-Unit
01-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Just like Frantz Joseph!
...and Kai Parham!!! :p

DiG
01-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Yea i think dwyers actually got great burst for his size but damn that offense is dreadful. still he put up huge numbers and really impressive ypc considering every opponent stacked the box and knew that gt was going to run the ball.

and yea ive been an edds fan all year. hes way underrated.

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Yea i think dwyers actually got great burst for his size but damn that offense is dreadful. still he put up huge numbers and really impressive ypc considering every opponent stacked the box and knew that gt was going to run the ball.

Yea but you can't compare that to what Gerhart did against the Sooners, all Dwyer did is run up the middle, he has no moves at all, Gerhart can move pretty good for his size and has better speed.

Hines
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
IMO, a lot of underclassman come out in this game.

Baulaga, Spivey, and Clayborn for Iowa. Burnett, Morgan, Thomas, Dwyer for Georgia Tech.

Scotty D
01-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Yea but you can't compare that to what Gerhart did against the Sooners, all Dwyer did is run up the middle, he has no moves at all, Gerhart can move pretty good for his size and has better speed.

Dwyer>Gerhart

DiG
01-05-2010, 10:56 PM

ive never knocked gerhart. i like him but i like dwyer a lot too. i think your underrating dwyers speed though. reports are that at 230 lbs the guy runs under a 4.45. the combine will be a huge deal for a guy like dwyer coming from that stupid stupid offense at georgia tech where its really hard to get a good gauge. post combine i could see dwyers stock going from mid 1st round to mid 3rd round depending how he performs there.

phlysac
01-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Was really excited to see how Kyle Calloway would handle Morgan. Was shocked to see him kicked inside to RG in favor of Riley Reiff. Then Reiff really impressed me being able to handle Morgan as a RS Frosh.

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I gotta be honest, I would be SHOCKED if Dwyer ran anything under 4.7...I think his tailback day's are done, he better learn how to block..lol

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Dwyer>Gerhart

Ummmmm NOT

Scotty D
01-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Maybe you can call Gil Brandt and ask him?

HawkeyeFan
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
IMO, a lot of underclassman come out in this game.

Baulaga, Spivey, and Clayborn for Iowa. Burnett, Morgan, Thomas, Dwyer for Georgia Tech.
Clayborn isn't coming out. Bulaga will, but he shouldn't. Iowa plays better without him in there for some reason. Spievey will probably stay as well.

PossibleCabbage
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm as high on Dwyer's size/speed combo as the next guy, but what really worries me about him as a prospect is his decision making. As an option guy, he really doesn't have to do much in the way of making his own reads, and as we saw on the near-safety in the Orange Bowl, when he's freelancing he doesn't always make the best decisions.

SnowPatrol
01-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Maybe you can call Gil Brandt and ask him?

What is that supposed to mean, and to be honest, you had a bit of a dick comment to me in the Reily Cooper thread when I said Matt Jones deserves a 2nd chance, wanna tell me what your problem is?

Scotty D
01-05-2010, 11:13 PM
What is that supposed to mean, and to be honest, you had a bit of a dick comment to me in the Reily Cooper thread when I said Matt Jones deserves a 2nd chance, wanna tell me what your problem is?

No I don't, Dr. Phil. Dwyer>Gerhartzzzzzzz

Babylon
01-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Clayborn isn't coming out. Bulaga will, but he shouldn't. Iowa plays better without him in there for some reason. Spievey will probably stay as well.

When was Bulaga out, the 1st three games of the season?, that is sort of a strange comment. Bulaga to me is the best run blocker i've seen all year and more than held his own in pass blocking.

HawkeyeFan
01-05-2010, 11:19 PM
When was Bulaga out, the 1st three games of the season?, that is sort of a strange comment. Bulaga to me is the best run blocker i've seen all year and more than held his own in pass blocking.
It was like Week 3-6 maybe? I can't remember exactly, but we were lights out and then struggled a bit when he came back. That may be due to his injury as well, but even so, it wasn't the same.

Hines
01-05-2010, 11:20 PM
oh ok, so your just a dick then, k fine

Why so serious?

Babylon
01-05-2010, 11:23 PM
It was like Week 3-6 maybe? I can't remember exactly, but we were lights out and then struggled a bit when he came back. That may be due to his injury as well, but even so, it wasn't the same.

We'll find a good home for him here in Seattle:)

Scotty D
01-05-2010, 11:27 PM
oh ok, so your just a dick then, k fine

I'm going to call you out every single time, so get used to it.

DiG
01-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I gotta be honest, I would be SHOCKED if Dwyer ran anything under 4.7...I think his tailback day's are done, he better learn how to block..lol

he may not look like he runs fast but the guy does have breakaway speed. his 40 time will be be faster than you think thats for sure. i think his size just makes him appear slower because i agree he doesnt "appear" fast.

check him out here though when he puts it in second gear and blows by these guys in the secondary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3oVQb-GeT8&feature=related

Hines
01-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I think Dwyer will run a 4.5 at the combine if he declares.

Duffman57
01-05-2010, 11:41 PM
That kinda reminds me, when should we expect to hear from Dwyer? Will it be soon like today, or will we have to wait till close to the deadline?

Hines
01-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I think decisions will leak from now on. We still have 2 weeks left till the deadline.

HawkeyeFan
01-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Amari Spievey is 50/50
Bryan Bulaga isn't speaking about it until Friday and said it's not about the money.
Dace Richardson is moving to the NFL.

Babylon
01-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I think Dwyer will run a 4.5 at the combine if he declares.

I'd almost think he could slim down a little, he seems to be a little late getting to the second level of the defense. I would rather Gerhart because i think he has more burst through the hole and is harder to bring down but Dwyer should make some team pretty happy.

SnowPatrol
01-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm going to call you out every single time, so get used to it.

Call me out on what? I happen to like Toby Gerhart and Riley Cooper, what is that not allowed here?

SnowPatrol
01-06-2010, 12:57 AM
he may not look like he runs fast but the guy does have breakaway speed. his 40 time will be be faster than you think thats for sure. i think his size just makes him appear slower because i agree he doesnt "appear" fast.

check him out here though when he puts it in second gear and blows by these guys in the secondary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3oVQb-GeT8&feature=related

K he did look pretty fast there, but I still don't think he is as fast as Gerhart, but the combine will sort that out.

Scotty D
01-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Call me out on what? I happen to like Toby Gerhart and Riley Cooper, what is that not allowed here?

Creating multiple accounts and personal attacks are not allowed here. I don't care if you wank it to Gerhart and Cooper every night.

ThePudge
01-06-2010, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAE0phbU1CY&feature=related

- Not sure that Dwyer's too slow. I have doubts about his running instincts and elusiveness, but his size and speed combo is probably the most impressive in this class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXhX43UprXk&feature=related

steelernation77
01-06-2010, 01:27 AM
I take Brandon Graham over Morgan.

PossibleCabbage
01-06-2010, 03:05 AM
I take Brandon Graham over Morgan.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but Morgan's relatively quiet night against the Iowa OL has me convinced that he's not the top 10 prospect some have made him out to be. I'd certainly take Jerry Hughes over Graham or Morgan.

ToldLikeItIs
01-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Angerer is nothing like Frantz Joseph Shane.

Kaluka Maivia, Zach Thomas? Sure.

CLong4Heisman
01-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Ricky Stanzi is god. (no sarcasm)

RealityCheck
01-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Derrick Morgan is not human at all.

SnowPatrol
01-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Creating multiple accounts and personal attacks are not allowed here. I don't care if you wank it to Gerhart and Cooper every night.

What do u mean "creating multiple accounts"?????????

Babylon
01-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't know if I'd go that far, but Morgan's relatively quiet night against the Iowa OL has me convinced that he's not the top 10 prospect some have made him out to be. I'd certainly take Jerry Hughes over Graham or Morgan.

I think Morgan went up against a better offensive line than Hughes did the other night, both were relatively quiet although both saw some double teams too.

bigbuc
01-06-2010, 01:20 PM
K.C. Joyner from Espn does the Draft Lab, where he breaks down film of players and grades them on plays. He said of Morgan... "Sept. 10 contest against the Tigers Morgan put up Suh like numbers " Also about his pass rush moves "Equally impressive was the wide variety of pass rush moves he used to get them" He said that Morgan could be a top 5 pick and has the draft lab's seal of approval. He broke down 6 games of Morgan and said he was a factor in all those games as well.

Scotty D
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
What do u mean "creating multiple accounts"?????????

dur dur dur toby gerhartz haz wiggle scott wright!!1 ahh dur dur dur jonathon dwyer is a FB wah wah wah I'm a big baby

please go play in traffic or something

SeanTaylorRIP
01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Morgan has a very nice repertoire of pass rush moves. He isn't a guy who just seems to get buy on physical talent. On that play when he almost ran down Stanzi from behind he bullrushed the RT and shoved him out of the way like a kid on roller blades. He also showed nice hand usage and some nice spins. He can benefit to become stronger against the run but he has the looks of a potentially very good pro player.

As for Dwyer it's hard not to make the Tashard Choice comparison, as they do play very similarly and have very similar production. Considering Dwyer is every bit as athletic as Choice but a clear at least 15-20 pounds heavier Dwyer should go late first-late 2nd IMO.

D-Unit
01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Morgan has a very nice repertoire of pass rush moves. He isn't a guy who just seems to get buy on physical talent. On that play when he almost ran down Stanzi from behind he bullrushed the RT and shoved him out of the way like a kid on roller blades. He also showed nice hand usage and some nice spins. He can benefit to become stronger against the run but he has the looks of a potentially very good pro player.

As for Dwyer it's hard not to make the Tashard Choice comparison, as they do play very similarly and have very similar production. Considering Dwyer is every bit as athletic as Choice but a clear at least 15-20 pounds heavier Dwyer should go late first-late 2nd IMO.
The only thing Dwyer and Choice have in common is their school.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Disagree they are both tanks with average speed but consistent 4+ yard gains a carry inside the tackles.

Babylon
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
dur dur dur toby gerhartz haz wiggle scott wright!!1 ahh dur dur dur jonathon dwyer is a FB wah wah wah I'm a big baby

Do we know this is the same guy that comes in under differant names?, otherwise you're jumping all over him for no reason.

dabears10
01-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Disagree they are both tanks with average speed but consistent 4+ yard gains a carry inside the tackles.

I think Tashard Choice is similar to Thomas Jones. However, Jonathan Dwyer runs more like a Michael Turner.

SenorGato
01-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I realize that Clayborne is very good, but I think he's overrated as far as being thought of as a first round prospect.

The guy I want on the Iowa D is Ballard. I think by the time the draft comes around, he's the first rounder on the DL.

I like Epps a bit as a LB prospect for multiple systems too...

Babylon
01-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I realize that Clayborne is very good, but I think he's overrated as far as being thought of as a first round prospect.

The guy I want on the Iowa D is Ballard. I think by the time the draft comes around, he's the first rounder on the DL.

I like Epps a bit as a LB prospect for multiple systems too...

It's Edds, he is pretty instinctive, reminds me a bit of former Hawkeye Chad Greenway. 40 time will probably be a big deal for him.

TheRoo
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Adrian Clayborn should be one of the top DL prospect next year.

FIFY.

Cameron Heyward will be the top next year. I really like Clayborn as a SSDE in a 43 front.

SnowPatrol
01-06-2010, 05:37 PM

No why don't you go stare at your Jonathan Dywer poster and have pleasant dreams ;)

RedVision
01-06-2010, 05:52 PM
It's Edds, he is pretty instinctive, reminds me a bit of former Hawkeye Chad Greenway. 40 time will probably be a big deal for him.

40 times wasn't all that big of a deal for Greenway, he ran 4.83 at the combine if I remember well... still picked in the first round.

PossibleCabbage
01-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Morgan has a very nice repertoire of pass rush moves. He isn't a guy who just seems to get buy on physical talent.

You could have said the same thing about Everette Brown last year: great technician, a lot of moves, good motor, good production, etc; but that still just added up to a guy who went in the second round. Morgan had a decent game against a strong and physical OL from Iowa, but it certainly made me wary about drafting him high (though his combine numbers have a chance at making a believer out of me). The bust rate on pass rushers is already sky-high as it is.

ToldLikeItIs
01-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Chad ran a 4.74, but measured in at 6'2 1/2 and 242 with a 4.15 shuttle. He separated himself in private workouts, where he, like Dallas Clark before him, showed scouts his cornerback-esque hips.

bigbuc
01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
You could have said the same thing about Everette Brown last year: great technician, a lot of moves, good motor, good production, etc; but that still just added up to a guy who went in the second round. Morgan had a decent game against a strong and physical OL from Iowa, but it certainly made me wary about drafting him high (though his combine numbers have a chance at making a believer out of me). The bust rate on pass rushers is already sky-high as it is.

But Brown was 6 foot 1 and about 255. And Morgan is 6 foot 4 and looks all of the 270 they say he is. Also plays the run way better than Brown ever did and is a lot stronger than Brown was.

If I was running a team and Morgan runs a 4.65 I'm taking him top 5.