PDA

View Full Version : Charles Rogers OTL

DoWnThEfiElD
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Not sure if everyone saw this. It's a pretty interesting piece on the loser that is Charles Rogers. He was recently arrested again.

This just highlights the importance of character over talent, especially at those top few picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=090814/rogers

Prowler
01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4800941

Former Lions and Michigan State receiver Charles Rogers has been sentenced to 93 days in jail for contempt of court after apparently drinking too much and passing out at a Mexican restaurant.

Novi (Mich.) District Court Judge Robert Bondy on Wednesday ordered Rogers to serve 93 days in Oakland County Jail, with credit for 17 days served.

A police source said Rogers was taken into custody at about 3:15 p.m. ET Tuesday after employees were unable to rouse him and feared he may have had a heart attack, The Detroit News reported.

"He was showing signs of intoxication and was uncooperative, and at that point our officers determined that he had a warrant out for his arrest," Lindberg said Wednesday, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Crickett
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
This just highlights the importance of character over talent, especially at those top few picks.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't remember even remotely hearing about anything resembling the character issues he has prior to the NFL draft.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't remember even remotely hearing about anything resembling the character issues he has prior to the NFL draft.

Tested positive twice for drugs at MSU, along with I believe two children before he was out of high school. Those are two major knocks on his maturity.

detroit4life
01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
his urine sample at the combine was also water diluted and couldnt be tested... kind of a red flag

Prowler
01-06-2010, 04:07 PM
lol....had the faucet running during the test. but who gets drunk and passes out at 3:15 pm on a tuesday?

Brodeur
01-06-2010, 05:45 PM
If he didn't get injured the first time none of this would have ever happened.

vikes_28
01-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Rogers was one of my favorite players out of that draft. And now he went and screwed his life up. He's kinda like Koren Robinson.

detroit4life
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
If he didn't get injured the first time none of this would have ever happened.

id like to and used to think that. but after his interview with sportscenter over the summer it changed my mind. he openly admitted to smoking pot while he was playing football too.

SINCE1978
01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Guy shows up to court in the neighborhood dope man's track suite ... keep it classy for the judge CR, keep it classy.

RaiderNation
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
The guy still looks like a addict to me. Maybe invite to training camp to see what he has if my team needed help at WR

Scotty D
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
He got 93 days in jail

tblain1
01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
He got 93 days in jail

So in 93 days we can sign him to the practice squad!

Yeah its too bad about the collar bone injuries. I don't think it would have changed his long term outcome, but within his first two-three years he might have been able to make the team better. i too wonder what could have been had he maintained his health but he would have still screwed it up. His head was not on straight.

SINCE1978
01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
It might serve him best to leave town after his sentence .... somewhere warm, clean slate, clear his head & get away from his crew ... no hooligans from grade school wanting to live on his couch etc ... I'm just say'n ;o)