View Full Version : Playoffs!?! Packer-Cards

TitleTown088
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Might as well get this rolling.

Cards are a bit banged up it seems.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2010/01/06/waiting-to-see-on-dinged-cards/

tjsunstein
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
I want to sleep until the weekend just for the playoffs.

TitleTown088
01-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I want to sleep until the weekend just for the playoffs.
Me too. Although it really dosen't feel like the playoffs to me just yet. I imagine it will Sunday.

Boston
01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I love the Holier then Thou mindset the Cardinals and their fans seem to have based off of last year's Super Bowl run.

tjsunstein
01-06-2010, 09:14 PM
I love the Holier then Thou mindset the Cardinals and their fans seem to have based off of last year's Super Bowl run.

If I were a Cards fan, I'd try to convince myself it could happen again. Fortunately, I'm not.

jackalope
01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I keep trying to not get my hopes up too high for the playoffs, but I'm really expecting us to win this one. I realize the preseason and last week were meaningless, but we still looked way better with our starters in. If Boldin doesn't play, that's huge.

Green Bay is #1 in the "defensive hog index". The top team has won the superbowl for the two years it's been in existence.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_1135_Def._Hog_Index.html

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
01-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I am a big Packers fan but for some reason I am picking AZ in this game. I just have that feeling. I would really like to see Packers vs Vikings in the playoffs.

cvv84
01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I keep trying to not get my hopes up too high for the playoffs, but I'm really expecting us to win this one. I realize the preseason and last week were meaningless, but we still looked way better with our starters in. If Boldin doesn't play, that's huge.

Same here. And really I don't even expect it too be a close game if we can execute on both sides of the ball. The Cards are a good team but overall I think we have a better and more balanced team. If we can pressure Warner we should win.

PackerLegend
01-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Last week was a fluke and the fact the Cards got 7 is a joke. 52-0 Packers :D

Boston
01-07-2010, 12:02 AM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/846/571bb1deb055d3349e3b59e.jpg

I love this picture. Whiz looking disappointed by McCarthy's 'running up the score,' and McCarthy returning this with a "you think that was bad" look.

princefielder28
01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
is it sunday yet???? haha

i'd be very surprised if this game is not a shoot-out

tjsunstein
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Guys, it's a day closer since my last post in this thread. Oh boyy...

TitleTown088
01-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Sounds like Quan is going to be doubtful.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Anquan Boldin's (ankle, knee) outlook for Sunday's game against Green Bay is "very bleak."
It will be a game-time decision no matter what, but Boldin would definitely be sitting if this were a regular season game. In fact, he'd probably miss multiple weeks with his lower left leg in awful condition. Boldin still has a chance to be active, but he may not last longer than a quarter or two.

cvv84
01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Sounds like Quan is going to be doubtful.

I'm fully expecting him to play. He doesn't really concern me though, if Fitzgerald gets going he's going to be tough to stop.

jackalope
01-08-2010, 03:48 PM
That news is very comforting. With our corner depth, Boldin not playing (or playing at a much lower level) is huge.

bigboiajhawk
01-08-2010, 10:24 PM
I have been saying it all year(not on this thread) but when the packers get to the QB, they will most likely win the game. The same holds true for this game. We get to Warner we win; we let him sit back and chuck the ball around, it will be very close.

Whistler6
01-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm done being hesitant...The past 8 weeks I've been Mr. Pessimist. Green Bay is the better team this week. They have been playing better for the past several weeks, they are healthier, and they have a better coach. The Pack go to AZ, and take care of the Cardinals by more than a touchdown. ...Dear God.

Boston
01-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I fully expect every single "injured" Cardinal to play this week, and I'm not going to believe their not until the game starts and they're not in it. Ken Whisenhunt is an amateur.

PackerLegend
01-09-2010, 01:56 AM
ZoMGZzzzzzzzz its Saturday! GaMe is only like 37 ishhh hours away!

Brothgar
01-09-2010, 10:09 AM
As it is playoff time I as a lions fan havn't had a vested interest in watching the games (other than pure love for the game) since the 90's Any Packer fan want to have a sig bet on the game?

Whistler6
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I fully expect every single "injured" Cardinal to play this week, and I'm not going to believe their not until the game starts and they're not in it. Ken Whisenhunt is an amateur.

I just heard an interesting statistic. The Cardinals are 5-1 in the past 2 seasons without Anquan Boldin in the lineup...So yeah if he doesn't play it's a great advantage for the Packers, but they are pretty deep at WR regardless and will come to play.

umphrey
01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
The more I think about this matchup the more I like it. I'm sure I'm over-analyzing and biased some but I wouldn't be a Packer fan if that weren't true. I spent a decent amount of time on this and packed in lots of stats so it's worth reading. Here's a breakdown:

Super bowl hangover. This might be more myth than fact, but the trend is impossible to ignore. Reasons unknown or unconfirmed, the teams that play in the super bowl (not named Patriots) seem to miss the playoffs or lose in the first round the next year.

GB passing game vs. ARI pass defense: This matchup just screams points and big plays for us. Their 23rd ranked pass D vs. our 7th ranked pass O. You've got to love our receivers vs. their secondary. We are very healthy in this area while the Cards have injuries to S Rolle and CB Rodgers-Cromartie. They are going to have a hard time finding answers for multiple receiver sets and Finley. Their pass rush is 6th in sacks which could definitely prove a problem for us, but they don't have any stud pass rushers, and starter Cambell (7 sacks) is playing with a club on his arm, so I don't see him being effective at pass rushing.

GB pass def vs. ARI pass game: Their passing game hasn't lived up to its reputation this year with a 12th ranking, while our D was ranked 5th. Without Boldin, we match up very well. We have a top corner in the league to counter a top receiver (Fitz vs. Woodson). Also take away Boldin who was a bigger part of their offense then people think - one of their biggest plays was a screen to Boldin that no one else on the team can run. Then they have some depth but even though our CBs have been bad past Williams we should do fine against their 3 and 4, Urban and Doucet, who have only 17 and 18 catches. Their OL hasn't given up many sacks (T-6th ranked) but they've let their QB get hit plenty (T-24th ranked). Their offensive line isn't going to be able to stonewall CM3 or the blitzes Capers brings. Warner is slow, easily rattled, and old with injury concerns. If Leinart is in the game it's over.

This game is going to be played through the air but I'll mention running matchups.
Their 28th ranked rush O doesn't stand a chance against our 1st ranked rush D. Expect them to be one dimensional early and often.
We have the edge on rush O with a 14th ranking vs. their 17th ranking. I'm not expecting us to run it much but we have the ability to keep the defense honest and run some play action.

Special teams coverage has been a huge weakness for us, but we've done well with it recently. I'm happy to say that this is the area of most concern for me against their 9th ranked KR unit.

I think I covered everything I wanted to. Statistically we should crush them. Realistally I'm confident about a win. We've crushed them twice in meaningless games and it would take a pretty drastic turnaround for them to win this one. They are hurting and we are maybe the healthiest we've been all year sans IR guys, not to mention the hot streak we've been on, it's going to be hard for them to fan the flames.

RockJock07
01-09-2010, 10:32 PM
With the Cowboys win, the winner of tomorrow's game goes to the Superdome. First things first....

Mr.Regular
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm feeling a big win here. I can't envision them running on us at all and I see our secondary making a big play or two to stop their aerial attack.
Plus ARod and company will play lights out as per usual.

GO PACK GO!

princefielder28
01-10-2010, 01:08 PM
The most (in)valuable player of the game will be Jeremy Bridges. He's going to force the Cards to keep in extra protection and with Boldin out, this should only help the secondary even more.

Predicition :: Packers 31, Cardinals 20

Boston
01-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt has preached to his players all week that he believed the Packers ran up the score on them during last week’s meaningless game to end the season. The Packers won 33-7 and also had a 28-0 halftime lead here during the preseason. Mike McCarthy told Whisenhunt of his intentions prior to the game, explaining that he simply wanted to play to win and play all his regulars while Whiz elected to rest most of his starters, particularly Warner.

Bit of a contradiction there, but hey, it's the Cardinals, they'll use this to flip the switch and make the Super Bowl again!

cvv84
01-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Who did they rest? Warner after they were down 14 points? Antrel Rolle? Hell Fitzgerald played the entire game along with their offensive line. All that talk of how the Cardinals rested starters and played vanilla is getting pretty old. They took out a few starters and do people really think the Packers showed their gameplan either?

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 02:55 PM
It has to be a motivational tool Wisenhunt is trying to use to make sure his players get up for today's game. It's a moot point, and I don't think it really matters in the end. Better team will win.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 02:58 PM
*Anquan Boldin is officially inactive

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/8674/cardinals-boldin-wont-play

cvv84
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Seems like alot of people are picking the Packers. I liked it better when we came in under the radar like 2 years ago.

I'd also rather be facing Boldin over Breaston. At least our backup CBs that were forced into action could keep Boldin in front of them.

If we can get to Warner on a consistant basis and run the ball I think we should pull this one out.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Ouch that hurts. No snap judgements, so I'm gonna take a few deep breaths. Here's to a competitive football game and playoff football.

ChezPower4
01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Need to force a FG......

cvv84
01-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Well this sucks! lol

2 turnovers on 3 offensive plays already.

We're down 14-0 with less than 6 minutes into the game.

Talk about shell-shocked.

ChezPower4
01-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Reminds me of another playoff game that was on today....

cvv84
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Reminds me of another playoff game that was on today....

Well at this pace we'll be lucky to put up 14 points like the Pats did!

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Green Bay fell down 14-0 to Seattle a couple years back after a big turnover by Ryan Grant... Plenty of time to fix this.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Green Bay fell down 14-0 to Seattle a couple years back after a big turnover by Ryan Grant... Plenty of time to fix this.

Plenty of time but we lost all momentum on the road. We need a long drive leading to points bad.

ChezPower4
01-10-2010, 04:14 PM
That was a huge stop, had we gone down by 21 it would have made it really hard for us to comeback.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Well its been an up and down season. Sucks seeing it end on a huge down though.

Hats off to the Cards who came to play. They've been playing with much more intensity than us and I'd expect them to pile it on seeing thats what they felt we did to them.

RockJock07
01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
awful half, think Capers needs to use Bell over Bush, I'd rather lose trying something new then losing with the same old crap. Even though it was the worst half of football I've seen this season, 2 scores is something this offense can put together pretty quickly.

Need defense to come out and shut them down on the 1st possession of the 2nd half.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Well its been an up and down season. Sucks seeing it end on a huge down though.

Hats off to the Cards who came to play. They've been playing with much more intensity than us and I'd expect them to pile it on seeing thats what they felt we did to them.

already throwing in the towel?

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 05:13 PM

I dropped my towel but instead of throwing it in, I stuffed it in my back pocket. There's still hope. If AZ can play that well in a half, Green Bay definitely has the talent to do so as well.

Warner continues to amaze me. I knew he was good, but he looks just completely on target today.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I dropped my towel but instead of throwing it in, I stuffed it in my back pocket. There's still hope. If AZ can play that well in a half, Green Bay definitely has the talent to do so as well.

Warner continues to amaze me. I knew he was good, but he looks just completely on target today.

most of those throws are gimmie's though. we are leaving wide receivers open left and right. its disgusting

they need to have a week 8 type meeting at halftime

cvv84
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM

Still watching the game but its clearly over. The Cards just came to play. I don't see that intensity out of the Packers players like I do from the Cards players.

most of those throws are gimmie's though. we are leaving wide receivers open left and right. its disgusting

they need to have a week 8 type meeting at halftime

They're doing what they need to do to beat us and thats taking whats given. Unfortunately for us we fell behind early, started to committ penalites, take sacks, and miss tackles. We're just not executing like we had been the past 6-8 weeks of the season.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Still watching the game but its clearly over. The Cards just came to play. I don't see that intensity out of the Packers players like I do from the Cards players.

They're doing what they need to do to beat us and thats taking whats given. Unfortunately for us we fell behind early, started to committ penalites, take sacks, and miss tackles. We're just not executing like we had been the past 6-8 weeks of the season.

dont want to jynx anything but...

cvv84
01-10-2010, 05:49 PM
dont want to jynx anything but...

I hope they prove me wrong! What a turn of events. Come on defense!!

cvv84
01-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Uh come on defense. What the hell is Giordano doing in there? He hasn't played in how many weeks?

jackalope
01-10-2010, 05:57 PM
That's roughing the passer?

Two TDs for Fitz after he knocks Woodson over.

nhlkdog411
01-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Uh come on defense. What the hell is Giordano doing in there? He hasn't played in how many weeks?

Meh...not like there was anything he could do he was coverage to the other side and got to watch Fitzgerald BULLDOZE Woodson and then go the other way...not only was it a BS roughing the passer call but it probably should have been offensive pass interference as well.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 06:03 PM

didnt he break his knee? if defense can just step their game up to the offensive level then we are still in this

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 06:04 PM
If Early Doucet could play against Jarrett Bush every week, he would be a Hall of Fame lock in less than 3 seasons.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:09 PM
didnt he break his knee? if defense can just step their game up to the offensive level then we are still in this

A stop here and the momentum swings heavily in our favor. Just think how huge that settling for the FG before the half was and that missed 54 yard FG over a punt. Hindsight, but those could be key plays.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Here we go!!! Finley has been a stud all season long. Lets hope Clifton is ok though. Looks like he hurt his right ankle.

jackalope
01-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Tie ballgame!

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Where did I put my damn towel!!!!

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Where did I put my damn towel!!!!

jumped the gun on that one my man

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I cannot believe they are in this game...Knock on wood, throw some salt over your shoulder, find a 4 leafed clover, DO SOMETHING.

Our defense is so pourous today with injuries and such that Green Bay is going to have to pull some crazy out right now. Wow....

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Cards killing time and moving the chains. Gotta hold them to a FG, gotta.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Cards killing time and moving the chains. Gotta hold them to a FG, gotta.

Nevermind, we can't cover worth dick tonight. At least we got time.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:45 PM
This has to be one of the best NFL games of all time. This game is just unreal.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:49 PM
**** we just cannot cover anyone. We need a turnover bad.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Here comes the FG. Pack will have some time left.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
He missed!@@@*@#*@*##

cvv84
01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
What a ****** way to lose.

ChezPower4
01-10-2010, 07:02 PM
******* ********!!!!!!

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 07:04 PM
double u tee eff

NickCollins36
01-10-2010, 07:04 PM
**** ***** god ******* damnit!!!!!!!!

Boston
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow. What a horrible ******* way to lose that game. ******* christ. Rodgers misses a wide open Jennings which would have ended the game. If we had Brady in there that would have been roughing the passer...

cvv84
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Wow. What a horrible ******* way to lose that game. ******* christ. Rodgers misses a wide open Jennings which would have ended the game. If we had Brady in there that would have been roughing the passer...

Thats what really sucks! My eyes lit up when I saw him that wide open. Amazing comeback but it sucks to lose it like this.

jackalope
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
It's always easy to put the game on the refs, but god damn they missed a lot of calls.

UK_Cheesehead
01-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Well that was just brutal.

What a horrible way to lose, but what an epic game. Not much in the way of defence but we battled back so hard to come down from 17-0.

I know we lost but I'm proud we took it so close after what was a horrible start.

A good draft and I believe for next year, we're really not far away.

Boston
I hope Jarrett Bush takes the short bus back to Green Bay...or you know, off the side of a ******* cliff. I wonder if the rest of our ******* defense would fit in there too.

gpngc
I feel bad for you guys. Congrats on a great season though.

And hey- you have a very good young QB and a bunch of great players.

You also don't play in the roughest division, so there should be more chances in the future.

Unfortunately, you ran into a buzzsaw today on defense. Warner was unconscious and there was really nothing schematically you could have done. They just had too many weapons and too much talent all over, including the line. If the QB is playing at that level, it's pretty much impossible to stop....

Again, good season, you'll be back next year I'm sure.

Twiddler
01-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow, that sucked. It was an emotional roller coaster, and one that ended with us flying off the edge of the cliff into shark-infested waters. Not good.

PackerLegend
01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
It would have probably been easier to take this game had we just got blown out. I know it was 54 yard fg blah blah blah but way to go Mason. GrapeApeHater nice D when it matters most, playoffs. Not saying a 4-3 would have been better at all but that was awful.

WHY COULD YOU HAVE NOTT JUST HIT JENNINGS! 98^&&&&^^!!!@@@@@@#%^&*())))((

I also would like to thank the refs for calling holding but not the obvious spear to Rodgers head, thanks.

jackalope
01-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm still shocked that our defense played that terribly. Their receiver's were ridiculously open.

The fact that I thought the game was over after Arizona scored in the 2nd half makes this hurt a little less.

PackerLegend
01-10-2010, 07:23 PM
You know what guys it probably doesn't even matter. Our defense would have likely got shredded by the Saints next week anyways. Please get rid of Jarret Bush this offseason and that would be like winning the superbowl.

Boston
01-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I think the worst thing about this loss is the fact that we would have had an unbelievable amount of momentum going into New Orleans had we won this game. If only..

BaLLiN
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
you guys played a hell of a game, takes alot to come back from that

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 07:49 PM
You know what guys it probably doesn't even matter. Our defense would have likely got shredded by the Saints next week anyways. Please get rid of Jarret Bush this offseason and that would be like winning the superbowl.

i see us picking their defense apart just as much as they would to ours though.

AJHawk50
01-10-2010, 07:57 PM
You guys pretty much summed it all up, to me...Jarrett Bush ---SUCKS---. The rest of the defense sucked too today no doubt, but with Bush you knew it was a lock he was getting burnt or run over. And the refs missed MANY calls today.

How disappointing...I felt like we could win the NFC this year. Can't believe that every play the Cards offense had 10 yards with no one around the WR's.

TitleTown088
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I can deal with it as long as the Vikings don't win.

Boston
01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
I hate how the end of this game played out so similar to the way the Giants game went in the NFC championship game. Missed field goal, we win the toss, then the offense turns the ball over resulting in the winning score. It's ridiculous the range of emotions this game evoked.

PackerLegend
01-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I hate how the end of this game played out so similar to the way the Giants game went in the NFC championship game. Missed field goal, we win the toss, then the offense turns the ball over resulting in the winning score. It's ridiculous the range of emotions this game evoked.

Well I was ****ing pissed off, then I was just like whatever we blow and kind of over it already. Then the comeback and I started getting excited, then the Cards driving for the fg and I was ****ing pissed off again. Then we win the toss and was like we got this, the way we were playing. Finally I was really really pissed off again.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Man where to start you know? The defense playd soft probably scared to get burned on the big play, MM abandoned the run completely even when tied, and several no calls could have changed the game, I don't know. There's a lot of discuss. Kurt Warner played like a hall of famer, and they deserved to win.

It's a long offseason especially with an end like this. But cheers to a great 09 season.

TitleTown088
01-10-2010, 08:31 PM
t's ridiculous the range of emotions this game evoked.
haha no kidding.

Beginning.
- Pack is good.
-They're not looking good at all.
- They're screwed.
- They're really screwed
- making it interesting
- They have a chance.
-They're back in it
- Packers rule, Rodgers is good.
-Rodgers is way dank
- %&^#

Brothgar
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Gotta give the Pack MAD props for sticking it out where other teams would just quit.

To think I almost turned the game off.

fenikz
01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
You think the Refs were in favor of the Cardinals? I saw it completey different, Dockett was held on every play and those 2 horse collars calls were phantom and were huge to keep your drive going

Boston
01-10-2010, 08:47 PM
You think the Refs were in favor of the Cardinals? I saw it completey different, Dockett was held on every play and those 2 horse collars calls were phantom and were huge to keep your drive going

Every fan is going to see the refs playing against...that doesn't look right at all, wonder why, haha... their team, but that's just the way it goes.

fenikz
01-10-2010, 08:54 PM
anyways that was a amazing game, as a Cardinals fan i know how it feels to be on the losing side of em but you guys have an amazing young core, and if we can find a replacement for Warner i'm sure this won't be the last time we meet in the playoffs

PACKmanN
01-10-2010, 08:54 PM

holding happens in every game on every week, every linemen holds. But for a ref to see Rodgers getting hit on the head by another player and for Woodson to get knocked down and not make a call is when it becomes a piss off.

Bucs_Rule
01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Man where to start you know? The defense playd soft probably scared to get burned on the big play, MM abandoned the run completely even when tied, and several no calls could have changed the game, I don't know. There's a lot of discuss. Kurt Warner played like a hall of famer, and they deserved to win.

It's a long offseason especially with an end like this. But cheers to a great 09 season.

At least Rodgers gives them reason for great optimism for not just the next season, but for the next decade. If Warner had lost and retired it would be way worse the Cardinal Fans.

fenikz
01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
you cant impede a WR from his route, the fact that he got knocked over was just pure beastlyness on Fitz's part

Boston
01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
you cant imped a WR from his route, the fact that he got knocked over was just pure beastlyness on Fitz's part

A defender is entitled to the spot he occupies on the field. There's no way around that, it should have been called offensive pass interference.

Favre4ever
01-10-2010, 09:02 PM

The refs were horrible for both teams. We all know that if Rodgers hits Jennings, the game is over.

fenikz
01-10-2010, 09:02 PM
i guess its like a charge in the NBA, he was moving so the wr has every right to do that

Boston
01-10-2010, 09:07 PM
i guess its like a charge in the NBA, he was moving so the wr has every right to do that

If the reciever initiates the contact, he should be the one called for pass interference. Fitzgerald ran Woodson over...

Favre4ever
01-10-2010, 09:09 PM

Fitz never extended his arms to push off so i understand the no call. The Horse collar on Grant was debatable but not the one on Rodgers which was a perfect example why they put that rule in.

I really hate blaming games on the refs so all i will remember is that incomplete on Jennings in OT.

RockJock07
01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I guess I'm still in shock. The only real officiating play that was bad was the play Cullen Jenkins got tackled, that one hurt but really, your defense can't give up 45 points in a playoff game, plan and simple.

I hope that no one blames this game on Aaron Rodgers because he played one of the best games I've ever seen. I already loved him but he's proved that this season he can win the close games and bring his team back if need be. Yes, teams and QB's are graded on their W-L records but when your defense gives up 45 points their is only so much 1 player can do and he did it today.

Overall, the biggest downfall today was the inability of the Packers to response to the Cardinals gashing the middle of the field and get pressure on Warner. Capers needed to adjust and he didn't.

I don't know where this loss slots the Packers in the draft but with tons of very talented Juniors declaring, TT should have alot to pick from. I guess I don't know if OL is as important as getting a stud DB to groom for Woodson & Harris' departures. Lang seems to be playing pretty well but other than LT, the pack could stand to upgrade all over the OL.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
www.Si.com

Look at the picture on front, not saying that's the game...But that no call umm was the game. Either way it doesn't matter. The better team won today, and that hurts to say.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Just some random thoughts:

Well at least we've gained some valuable playoff experience.

Aaron Rodgers grew some more over the course of the game.

We didn't pack it in (well I did, but the team didn't) when we were down early.

Jermichael Finley and Greg Jennings showed why they are game changing players.

I'm still proud that we won 11 games and made the playoffs this year. Now we have something to build on and learn from.

We fought hard to get here after losing in Tampa and I commend the players and coaches for turning around the team.

Realistically its pretty remarkable that we got back into that game with those 4th tier secondary players.

The offensive line and secondary should be our focal points moving forward. We also need to clean up the penalties too. Good teams don't hurt themselves with penalties.

Anyways its been a great season discussing the Packers with you guys and I'm looking forward to building onto what we accomplished this season and turing that into a successful season in 2010.

AJHawk50
01-10-2010, 09:47 PM
On ESPN post game wrap up they mentioned the hit to the helmet on Rodgers, a no call...and the facemask a no call themselves...so it's not just Packer fans blowing smoke.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
On ESPN post game wrap up they mentioned the hit to the helmet on Rodgers, a no call...and the facemask a no call themselves...so it's not just Packer fans blowing smoke.

Yeah I heard Trent Dilfer mention a few non-calls. But oh well, the game is over and its time to move on. The Cardinals deserved to win and they executed today. I'm over it :/

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 09:55 PM

I mentioned it on the last post before the page flipped. Go to www.Si.com -- The picture on front shows the obvious penalty.

AJHawk50
01-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I mentioned it on the last post before the page flipped. Go to www.Si.com -- The picture on front shows the obvious penalty.
Yeah I saw your post, and saw it in the game...just making the point to the Cardi' fans that isn't just the cheeseheads noticing this stuff. Everyone saw it, EXCEPT the refs I guess. And I am over it now as well...I guess since we were so far behind I figured we would lose and then we almost won so I went back to what I thought before.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah I saw your post, and saw it in the game...just making the point to the Cardi' fans that isn't just the cheeseheads noticing this stuff. Everyone saw it, EXCEPT the refs I guess. And I am over it now as well...I guess since we were so far behind I figured we would lose and then we almost won so I went back to what I thought before.

I was on Twitter reading the comments by Nick Barnett and Ryan Grant thanking their fans and whatnot. Even Peter King and Adam Schefter had several comments on Twitter about the no call and how much it affected the outcome.

Because we are Packer fans and lost of course we are going to point it out and talk about it more than the Cardinals who won, but it's definitely justified in this case. Doesn't help that it was the entire season on that play.

Stranger
01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Great game by the Packers and by Rodgers especially. Tough loss but you guys have a great young core and I can definitely see a Superbowl in your future.

princefielder28
01-10-2010, 11:00 PM
I had to work during the game but fortunately it was at a gas station with a TV so I saw the whole thing...tough loss but we certianly got our weaknesses exposed and we know what needs to be addressed to continue improvement.

fenikz
01-11-2010, 12:27 AM

well im glad it's gonna be like this, Cardinals can still play the no respect card all the way to the Superbowl

cvv84
01-11-2010, 12:32 AM
well im glad it's gonna be like this, Cardinals can still play the no respect card all the way to the Superbowl

Thats what I was hoping for the Packers. Everyone was picking the Cards up until a day or 2 before the game.

drowe
01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
-First and Foremost:
I watched both Sunday Playoff games yesterday in their entireity. First, the Patriots and Ravens. The Patriots fell behind early. And, promply laid down. They played defeated for 3 quarters and it was obvious they lost interest as soon as they fell behind. Then, there was the Packer-Cardinal game. The Packers fell behind early. Down 21 at one point. And fought all the way to the end. It was a GREAT effort and a shame either team had to lose. But, and I mean this; There have been few occasions in my life where I've been prouder to be a Packer Fan.

-Rodgers, Jennings, Finley-INHUMAN. Just too many highlight reel plays to count. Finley's jump ball. Jenning's one handed grab in the endzone, Jennings foot dragging on the sideline. Driver being Driver and twitching his body slightly to make a defender fly past him. Those guys were all out of their bodies. Makes me wonder how the defense can look the offense in the eye after a game like that. If ya put up 45 points, you should win.

-If Donald Lee is a Packer next year, I will bomb an orphanage.

-The Refs missed calls at the end of the game...meh. what can ya do? It's over. We can assign blame all we want. Packers do one play differently, they win. Cardinals do one thing differently, they win in regulation. The refs change one call, the game changes. It's all part of the game. no use playing the 'victim' card. We just watched our guys play in one of the greatest games in post season history. Let's just let it be that and not worry about what the refs did.

Favre4ever
01-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Rodgers needs to work on his long bomb. Too many times he overthrew wide open receivers in his first 2 seasons. Knowing how hard he is on himself, you can be sure that he'll work on that like no other during the offseason.

RedVision
01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Gotta had some depth at the CB position, when Bush and Williams are your no.3 and 2 you're in trouble. Harris gotta be brought back. I personnally hate Bush, keep him on the roster for ST I don't care, just don't put him on the field for defensive plays, I was rooting for them to put a WR as CB instead of him by halftime.

AJHawk50
01-11-2010, 12:50 PM
It's on the front page of Yahoo.com now, first topic.

"Did refs botch epic NFL playoff game?"

AJHawk50
01-11-2010, 12:51 PM

This was in the article, funny actually. LOL

"Hands to a quarterback's face are illegal, period, let alone grabbing his facemask and not letting go for a couple of seconds. On Twitter, the great Peter King explained how and why the call wasn't made. You're going to love this.

The referee, Scott Green, stands behind the pocket and has to watch first for the loose ball. Once the ball is out, Green's job is to watch ball for possession. He can't watch the QB then. If he saw the facemask, it'd mean he wasn't watching ball. It's a quirky rule, but it's the referee's call -- and the ref is charged with possession once the ball is loose.

Basically, the guy wasn't watching because it wasn't his job to watch. That's a great tip for all you young defensive players out there: After the quarterback fumbles, it's the ideal time to stab him with a sharpened toothbrush. No one's looking!"

ChezPower4
01-11-2010, 06:08 PM

They certainly allowed Larry Fitzgerald to run through Woodson the entire game.

jackalope
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
They certainly allowed Larry Fitzgerald to run through Woodson the entire game.

I'm far more upset about that than the facemask on the last play.

J-Mike88
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm far more upset about that than the facemask on the last play.
This is water under the bridge by now, for sure. (Damn we all drowned already).
But it's another year and we're reborn.

I just want everyone to remember those bullsh*t NON-calls on Fitzgerald when he shoved Woodson.
Those calls are enormous to the outcome of the game, and in many games there are calls which help one team out a lot, that weren't that obvious.

If anyone knows how, they should just show those 2 by Fitzgerald on youtube on display.
I still don't get how Woodson doesn't get the call being as he's a star.
I guess the ref was just bad, or else just ignored it cuz we were on the road.

Again, some people say it all evens out so don't complain, but that's bullcrap. It doesn't all even out.

How many times have we been called for little touch fouls on our DBs or special team blocks? Nothing is as blatant as Fitzgerald shoving Woodson to the ground.

Jackalope, reading your comment and looking back just now into this game, I'm still pizzed off. It's no wonder we couldn't cover any of them that day.