PDA

View Full Version : Players That Didn't Get a Combine Invite:

Ozzy
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Sure it is going to happen but a few of these guys I really think should have been invited.

Sorry if there are any errors, but according to the list I was looking at these players were not invited.

Rich Gunnell Boston College
Freddie Barnes Bowling Green
Robert Johnson Utah
Tim Brown Rutgers
Jake Ballard Ohio State
Cody Slate Marshall
Chris Stewart Notre Dame
O'Brien Schofield Wisconsin
Damaso Munoz Rutgers
Cory Reamer Alabama
Rico McCoy Tennessee

Biggest standout to me is Rich Gunnell, he is easily better than half the receiver that were invited to the combine, same thing can be said with Freddie Barnes. Then you have Robert Johnson, what do people not like about this kid, he is a damn good player, and a fine athlete, how is he not one of the top 5 FS's in the draft?

Jake Ballard is another one, actually a tight end that can block, and block well, can also catch the ball and has a big frame. Then there is Schofield, easily one of the top 5 OLB 3/4 prospects out there in my book, can really get to the quarterback and is a great athlete.

Sure these players will show what they can do on pro days, but still some should have been invited.

AntoinCD
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Surprised Rico McCoy didnt get an invite. I remember not too long ago he was being mocked as a possible second rounder

Paranoidmoonduck
01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Seriously, Robert Johnson didn't get an invite? That's amazing.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
How the hell did Rico McCoy NOT get an invite??

Scott Wright
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Just a reminder: Be very careful about posting links to rival drafts sites. That's a big no-non and a major infraction. I will be posting the official Combine invite list on the site when it's released. There isn't an official list right now. Players are still being added this month.

Ozzy
01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Just a reminder: Be very careful about posting links to rival drafts sites. That's a big no-non and a major infraction. I will be posting the official Combine invite list on the site when it's released. There isn't an official list right now. Players are still being added this month.That is understandable, this was in reply to the thread that has been deleted. Thought it was interesting, and hopefully players will still be named because no Gunnell or Johnson is ridiculous! ;)

RealityCheck
01-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Surprised Rico McCoy didnt get an invite. I remember not too long ago he was being mocked as a possible second rounder
I was just asking myself the other day why nobody was talking about him anymore.

It's a shame Barnes wasn't invited.

redbills
01-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Just a reminder: Be very careful about posting links to rival drafts sites. That's a big no-non and a major infraction. I will be posting the official Combine invite list on the site when it's released. There isn't an official list right now. Players are still being added this month.

This is the only site (that I am on &know of) that has this rule.

redbills
01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow, some good prospects on that list Freddie Barnes, O'Brien Schofield & Rico McCoy

RedVision
01-06-2010, 05:27 PM
No Joe Pawelek surprises me also, all the guy do is make plays.

Ozzy
01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
No Joe Pawelek surprises me also, all the guy do is make plays.Very true, especially considering at ILB there are not that many prospects to speak of.

I am glad Minnesota got a few players invited with Nate Triplett and Simoni Lawrence, both deserving of it, especially Triplett with the year he had.

SnowPatrol
01-06-2010, 06:06 PM
What about Jake Sharp from Kansas, there are reports that he is a sub 4.3 guy, did he get an invite?

Ozzy
01-06-2010, 06:09 PM
What about Jake Sharp from Kansas, there are reports that he is a sub 4.3 guy, did he get an invite?Now that, I would not be surprised about...no offense.

RealityCheck
01-06-2010, 06:25 PM
What about Jake Sharp from Kansas, there are reports that he is a sub 4.3 guy, did he get an invite?
I heard he has NEVER fumbled.

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I heard he has NEVER fumbled.

Montario Hardesty has never fumbled.

And I'll be shocked if Rico McCoy doesn't get an invite. He's a legit mid-round talent.

wicket
01-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Chris Stewart still has a year of eligebility remaining. Misunderstandings can come from ND's weird handling of redshirts

SuperMcGee
01-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Holding out for Naaman Roosevelt to go along with Barnes. Shouldn't have any lingering injury issues.

SKim172
01-06-2010, 10:07 PM
You'd think setting the NCAA all-time record for catches in a season would get you an invite.

tolnaballa
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I am just jacked North Dakota State's runningback, Pat Paschall, made it. I seen he made Scott's rankings too. He is a slasher with good home run speed. Reminds me of a lighter (HEALTHY) Cadillac Williams.

Don Vito
01-07-2010, 12:33 AM
From what I hear Ole Miss LB Patrick Trahan didn't get invited, if so that sucks.

alandandrew
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Looks like only two additions to the combine squad were Pascal Milien and Tennant McVea. Nobody from D3 or NAIA invited, also still no Villanueva or Rice.

JaxJag_1
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
How does O'Brien Schofield not get invited?

D-Unit
01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
No Blaze Soares. :(

DiG
01-11-2010, 01:01 PM
From what Ive seen it doesnt look like Terrell Skinner has gotten an invite which baffles me. He is playing in the East West game and is a legitimate 5th-6th round prospect I would think. Hes a true FS in a class with a lot of SSs.

RedVision
01-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Every year there seems to be obvious draft picks who gets snubbed on a combine invite, who's in charge of deciding who's invited and who's not?

YAYareaRB
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
No Blaze Soares. :(

that guys is like a human cast

JRTPlaya21
01-11-2010, 10:14 PM
No Crompton & Jeff Owens.

SKim172
01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Have they considered expanding the number of invitees? Speaking as a Rutgers fan, I'm a little miffed that guys like Damaso Munoz, Tim Brown, George Johnson, Ryan Blaszczyk, Ryan D'Imperio, and Jack Corcoran were left out.

And I don't understand how Freddie Barnes could not make that list.

cvv84
01-12-2010, 10:35 AM
For the Badgers:

DE O'Brien Schofield and TE Garrett Graham have been invited to the combine.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/81201962.html

Iamcanadian
01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Every year there seems to be obvious draft picks who gets snubbed on a combine invite, who's in charge of deciding who's invited and who's not?

A certain # of teams have to ask for a prospect to be invited or he won't get an invitation. It is up to each pro team to decide who they want there.
Sometimes a decent prospect might not get invited if only a few team are interested in him and both are trying to hide him so the other teams won't take notice. Any big time name from a major school is unlikely to be used this way. It happens more often with little known players IMO.
There are always a few non invitees who get drafted every year, usually when they surprise at their pro days.

MizzouBig12
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Surprising not to see Cody Grimm from Virginia Tech on the invite list. He led the team in solo and total tackles this year, forced 7 fumbles, etc.. Amazing that his dad, Russ Grimm, doesn't have more pull!

brasho
01-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Why does nobody talk about or give Texas Tech's Brandon Sharpe any love? He isn't even listed on this site, he wasn't invited to the combine... I don't get it.. I like him more than Jerry Hughes.

TT Gator
01-16-2010, 10:01 PM
You'd think setting the NCAA all-time record for catches in a season would get you an invite.

No doubt i'm shocked Barnes didn't get an invite. You can make an arguement for almost everyone on that list but Barnes getting snubbed is ridiculous. I thought Slate and McCoy would get one too. With the all the injuries to top TEs in this draft i'd think that Slate's draft status would go up.
And McCoy is undersized but he's one heck of a player in a Draft where 4-3 OLBs are few.

Da Big Harv
01-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Cody Grimm is the perfect CFL LB