PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Bulaga Declares

ToldLikeItIs
01-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Is a link required for a thread like this?

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Probably if you want it to be taken seriously. Plus there's the underclassmen thread.

I'm not surprised though.

Babylon
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Can never have too many good tackles available. Pretty athletic for a big guy so i assume his stock could rise at the combine. Hope it doesnt rise too much he'd look good in Seahawk blue.

critesy
01-06-2010, 09:23 PM
or redskins burgandy? (2nd round):)

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-06-2010, 09:25 PM
or redskins burgandy? (2nd round):)
I wish I could click the "like" button..ha!

scottyboy
01-06-2010, 09:28 PM
cool, now he can duke it out with Okung for the 2nd best OT in the draft.

TACKLE
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
He was my #1 OT heading into this season. He dropped off a bit because of his inconsistency. Brandon Graham embarrassed him and he did not look great against Schofield. With that being said, when he is playing well he is the best OT in this draft. He is probably the top run blocker of any LT in this draft. He consistently gets a great drive and always keeps his feet pumping. He's got a great frame and is very athletic. He is technically sound in pass pro and has really good feet. Although he plays pretty low for a guy his size, if he does struggle its because he needs anchor against the bull rush. Also needs to improve on using his hands. I really expect him to rise as we get closer and closer to the draft as he should test out very well. He should compete to be the second OT taken. Any notion that Bruce Campbell is a better player or prospect is ridiculous. Bulaga and Campbell are physically comparable but Bulaga is ten times the player Campbell is.

eagles6606
01-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Bulaga will be picked high, but I think if he stayed he could have been a definite top 5 pick

JRTPlaya21
01-06-2010, 09:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4803196

BeerBaron
01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I may be in the minority, but I'm not sure I like the idea of him protecting my QBs blindside. I've heard from a few Iowa fans, even here, that the line played better when he was out injured.

He's a big guy, athletic....but I'm not sure I'd spend a top 20 pick on him. I do, however, think he'll go that high because like QBs, OTs usually get pushed up draft boards as well. Once the top guys are gone, some team desperate for him in the 15-20 range will probably grab him and hope for the best.

BaLLiN
01-06-2010, 09:41 PM
cool, now he can duke it out with Okung for the 2nd best OT in the draft.
ANTHONY DAVIS #1!!!!

HawkeyeFan
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Good for him, but he should have stayed. He needs to work on his pass protection. Sure, he's a road grader in the running game, but I prefer a LT that can protect the QBs blind side and Bulaga is alright at it. He's athletic but he gets beat, he needs to use his hands better and hold less, he does it a lot and it doesn't get called. He needs to be more stout in the passing game.

He's a 2nd rounder to me.

Brent
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Niners in round one, I'm going to call it... well more an OT to the Niners but we'll see.

RaiderNation
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Hes my #3 or 4 OT behind Anthony Davis, Russell Okung and Trent Williams right now. Can play both LT and RT. Should be a top 20 pick

Scott Wright
01-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Could be a mistake, he didn't have a great season.

Probably 16-32 this year but could have been the #1 OT and a Top 5 pick in 2011.

HawkeyeFan
01-07-2010, 12:23 AM

Probably 16-32 this year but could have been the #1 OT and a Top 5 pick in 2011.
I've been saying it's a mistake for the last few months.

XRage
01-07-2010, 09:54 AM

Remember when people said that Oher would be a lock to go in the top 5 if he stayed his senior year? That didn't work out too well for him. I think you've gotta go if you have a chance to go in the top 15. Seniors always get overscrutinized.

DiG
01-07-2010, 10:16 AM
He's probably a better fit for the Redskins than both Okung and Anthony Davis, should Shanahan implement the ZBS. Obviously he isnt a guy id project at #4 but an intriguing prospect for the Skins in a trade up or trade down scenario.

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Sort of reminds me of Jake Long, will be a better athlete at the combine than expected, great drive blocker, decent pass blocker. Also got the label of being beat by some real quick Big 10 DE (Gholtson,Graham). Not predicting he'll go as high as Jake but should be off the board by the Seahawks pick at #14.

drowe
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
He's got major character issues. I mean, the guy can't even keep his thyroid under control.

CC.SD
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm always in favor of more OTs declaring, and although I think Bulaga probably projects better as a RT, I still think he's a first round prospect at that position and that is not so common. I saw a ton of him last year but not as much this year, although I've done enough reading to know he didn't perform up to some high expectations. Some team will be glad to have him though.

Hines
01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
On my short list of players I want at 18.

steelernation77
01-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I think people underestimate how much Bulaga's thyroid condition affected his play this year. Once his body got used to his medication and he built his strength back he looked like his old self. He's a first round talent.

TACKLE
01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm not too concerned with his ability to play LT at all. The problems in his game and very fixable and are more technical than physical. Remember that Bulaga may be the most physically impressive OT in this draft. He shown the ability to be a great and at times dominant player. Although he has struggled when he has been challenged by the elite pass rushers, like I said before, I think his issues are fixable, especially once he gets NFL coaching (even though Iowa has some best O-Line coaching in the country, its still not the same as NFL coaches).

ChiefMojo
01-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if the Chiefs took him at #5. Scott Pioli and Kirk Ferentz are very good friends. There was talk for awhile the Chiefs would take a Safety with their first pick, but taking a OT is picking up a lot of steam. Branden Albert could move inside to LG or play RT. Bulaga could play either LT or RT. Would the Chiefs pay him top 5 money to play RT? The Chiefs need the help desperately.

steelernation77
01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm not too concerned with his ability to play LT at all. The problems in his game and very fixable and are more technical than physical. Remember that Bulaga may be the most physically impressive OT in this draft. He shown the ability to be a great and at times dominant player. Although he has struggled when he has been challenged by the elite pass rushers, like I said before, I think his issues are fixable, especially once he gets NFL coaching (even though Iowa has some best O-Line coaching in the country, its still not the same as NFL coaches).

Well Ferentz is a former NFL o-line coach, but I agree with you. I think people are going to be very impressed by Bulaga's athleticism. I see the guy around campus all the time and he does not look the least bit soft. He's 300+ pounds of muscle.

Calvin & Kevin
01-11-2010, 09:36 PM

I don't know, but admitting you were typically off-base and full of it when you scolded everyone three months ago for putting him in mock drafts because NO WAY WAS HE COMING OUT HE ALREADY SAID SO couldn't hurt.