PDA

View Full Version : GMAC Bowl

YotoJets007
01-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I know it is nothing compared to other bowls but I wanted to see DeFevour, Lang and Brown. It is good game.

Lang did not produce anything special. Pfftt..

DeFevour played pretty well. He generated a plenty of tight spirals with overhead throw. He has a little wind up delivery. He has average arm strength when he compares to Mark Sanchez. I think he is a solid mid round for WCO team.

Brown has no wind up delivery. His arm delivery is very consistent as he can make all throws with that delivery. Unlike DeFevour, he does not use upper body to heave football for velocity and he has a cannon for an arm. One thing that is bothering me most is he swirls football too much. Thinking Mo Rivera throws cut fastball with football instead of baseball. Because of simplistic offense, he needs some seasonings in pro to be ready. He has 1st round tools without experience and skill against high level of competition. I recommend any team, that wants a qb for development, to take him in the 3rd round.

Brent
01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I have always liked LeFevour, but I dont think he's any thing more than a 3rd-4th round pick.

Scott Wright
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Levi Brown > Dan LeFevour

At least as a pro prospect.

adamprez2003
01-06-2010, 11:20 PM
WR Jerral Jernigan was the best player on the field IMO. I havent seen but three or four games with Lang but honestly the guy never produces when I watch him. He obviously has the physical gifts but he doesnt come across as a football player to me. The opposite of Lang is Frank Zombo who wouldnt impress many with atleticism but who produces every time I watch him.

Scott Wright
01-06-2010, 11:35 PM
WR Jerral Jernigan was the best player on the field IMO.

Not Antonio Brown?!?

For what it's worth the word is Brown is leaning towards going pro.

stlouisfan37
01-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Not Antonio Brown?!?

For what it's worth the word is Brown is leaning towards going pro.

I agree. This was the first time I had seen CMU play and I thought Brown was fantastic. Great speed and exceptionally strong for his size.

Having said that, I hope he stays another year in school. He would be a much better prospect should he bulk up another 10 pounds.

JHL6719
01-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Levi Brown > Dan LeFevour

At least as a pro prospect.

I have to agree with this...

LeFevour's ball looks like it runs out of steam in flight at times....especially further down the field...not a lot of RPM's on it....kid can obviously make some plays with his legs though...

Brown's release looks more like a pro quarterback to me....throws a "heavy" ball with good RPM's....quick, clean release....just a little low though....shouldn't take much to get that release point up a little bit....built a lot like Eli Manning...

Threw a GREAT touch pass in the end zone to Jernegan that should have been caught IMO...

YotoJets007
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Since qb class has strength of backup role, Brown may be taken as earliest as 2nd round and DeFevour in 3rd round. My definition of mid round is 3rd-5th not just 3rd and 4th.

SenorGato
01-07-2010, 05:15 PM
How did Brandon Lang look?

trojanbrutha
01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
How did Brandon Lang look?

Not so well, but he was active and hada sack and a few QB hurries. Only 2 sacks on LeFevour: B. Lang and Jonathan "Bear" Woods.

trojanbrutha
01-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I also heard that LB Boris Lee received an invite to the Texas vs. game and the combine...

adamprez2003
01-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Not Antonio Brown?!?

For what it's worth the word is Brown is leaning towards going pro. how good are you? lol. apparently he is going pro as of today lol. goodd job

antonio brown was number two imo. we'll see. i liked what both had to offer