PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Corp Intends on Transfering to... Richmond

Thunder&Lightning
01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4805378

Intends on transfering to Richmond, figured this would happen but thought hed go somewhere a little more competitive...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/761/slideshow_76154/display_image.jpg

brat316
01-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Its so he can start right away, I guess

RealityCheck
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Richmond is one of the best FCS teams. Good move imo.

Shane P. Hallam
01-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Best move he can make so he can at least get a shot, especially on a good FCS team.

CC.SD
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Hopefully they have a better academic program there.

derza222
01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Richmond is one of the best FCS teams. Good move imo.

In arguably the best FCS conference as well. Disappointing as a Villanova fan to have a guy with that kind of talent coming to the conference.

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
He was stupid to choose USC in the first place. He must have been cocky coming out of HS.

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Woooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!! You guys are beating me to every local post lol.

TACKLE
01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Title Spelling Fail.

I see this guy being a sleeper prospect down the road. He had the job at SC till Barkley started tearing it up in practice. He obviously has talent. Is he going to have to sit out a year even though he's going from FBS to FCS?

Marino13
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
He was stupid to choose USC in the first place. He must have been cocky coming out of HS.

To be fair, when he declared They had Booty (Sr) and Sanchez (who left the next year). Even if Sanchez didn't declare it was looking like he'd be at worst a 2 year starter.

RaiderNation
01-07-2010, 05:38 PM
He has no chance to take over for Barkely so might as well get out of there

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
If I remember correctly, he wasn't an ultra highly rated recruit until he committed to USC.

draftguru151
01-07-2010, 06:47 PM
If I remember correctly, he wasn't an ultra highly rated recruit until he committed to USC.

He was the 10th overall recruit according to Rivals before he went to Arkansas.

D-Unit
01-07-2010, 07:15 PM
To be fair, when he declared They had Booty (Sr) and Sanchez (who left the next year). Even if Sanchez didn't declare it was looking like he'd be at worst a 2 year starter.
...and Mitch Mustain (former #1 HS QB prospect)

YotoJets007
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
He was the 10th overall recruit according to Rivals before he went to Arkansas.

That is Mitch Mustain.

draftguru151
01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Ha thought the thread was about Mustain.

Babylon
01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Ha thought the thread was about Mustain.

It's hard to seperate the two. Not in a good way.

neko4
01-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Cool, I'll be going to a college next year thats like an hour from richmond... would it be weird if i asked for his autograph? haha

Corp has a good chance of winning a championship now?

YAYareaRB
01-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Nah just a So Cal boy looking to stay in So Cal.......u faka

wordofi
01-07-2010, 11:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4805378

Intends on transfering to Richmond, figured this would happen but thought hed go somewhere a little more competitive...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/761/slideshow_76154/display_image.jpg

It's not surprising. I thought it was dumb when he originally signed a letter of intent to play there.

broncofan7
01-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Cool, I'll be going to a college next year thats like an hour from richmond... would it be weird if i asked for his autograph? haha

Corp has a good chance of winning a championship now?

If he can live up to his potential, than yes I would have to say Richmond is the favorite. I've gotten to watch them a few times and they're a solid team all around.

SickwithIt1010
01-08-2010, 01:53 PM
After the game at Washington he was never going to see another snap, i think it was right after or a week or 2 later he was bumped down to 3rd string. I hope he finishes up and has a good college career.

Prophet
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Corp was uber pissed after his training camp injury eventually landed Bark the starting gig. But I can't understand how he could be so mad about it after the way he performed against Washington.. the guy truly did himself no favors.
I don't understand what the guy was thinking.. he has very little physical skill compared to Barkley or Mustain, and the only thing that set him apart was his scrambling ability. He has a weak arm and weights about 190 soaking wet. With Barkley's phisical skill he was bound to take over sooner than later.
Corp does not have what it takes to compete with the big boys, he was simply a product of his system at Orange Lutheran. Wouldn't be suprised to see him sit at Richmond as well.

ericzedwards
01-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm happy for the guy that he's going to get out of that situation and have a chance to play. I don't blame him for signing with USC when he did. He was ranked as about the number 15 quarterback I believe, but if USC wanted me, I'd have a hard time turning them down too.

The guy that I can second guess the decision of is Mitch Mustain. As a freshman at Arkansas, they won some of his starts in spite of him, not because of him. He never looked like he had a good grasp for playing in the SEC, even though it was the same system he ran in high school. How he thought he would ever get on the field at USC with the kind of QB recruits they get is beyond me after his freshman performance. He should've transferred to Tulsa.

boknows34
01-08-2010, 10:00 PM
He's taking the same route as Joe Flacco.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Corp was uber pissed after his training camp injury eventually landed Bark the starting gig. But I can't understand how he could be so mad about it after the way he performed against Washington.. the guy truly did himself no favors.
I don't understand what the guy was thinking.. he has very little physical skill compared to Barkley or Mustain, and the only thing that set him apart was his scrambling ability. He has a weak arm and weights about 190 soaking wet. With Barkley's phisical skill he was bound to take over sooner than later.
Corp does not have what it takes to compete with the big boys, he was simply a product of his system at Orange Lutheran. Wouldn't be suprised to see him sit at Richmond as well.

Well now he's going to dominate the "little" boys I suppose....Richmond is one of the best D1-AA schools and I think he can be successful there. Should be fun to follow.

Smokey Joe
01-08-2010, 11:44 PM
except Flacco did it right after his freshman year, I believe.

Corp still has 2 years left, right?

Say what you will about him originally signing with USC, it was dumb as hell for him not to transfer before this past season. That way he could have easily been a two year starter at a different FBS school. Northwestern would have been perfect for him...

Hawk
01-09-2010, 12:07 AM
This move allows him to thrive and the lower level and will lead to him getting drafted. Good move in my opinion.

RealityCheck
01-09-2010, 10:37 AM
It's hard to seperate the two. Not in a good way.
Really they're screwing Mustain too.

JLaw45
01-09-2010, 04:47 PM
This is a great move.

His chances of unseating Barkley were not high. Richmond is a perfect choice. Talent-wise, Richmond is one of those elite 1-AA schools that could probably outdo a number of lower level 1-A schools. They are consistently televised since they're always competing for a championship, and they send a couple of guys to the pros practically every year. Combine this with the fact that corp will probably get to start immediately and he'll still end up with a decent amount of notoriety.

Plus Richmond's academics are pretty good to.

Brent
01-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Good luck to Corp. I like the guy.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-09-2010, 05:23 PM
From what I saw of this guy when he played I don't really see him as an NFL prospect. I don't say that because he was bad but because his game seemed to be more of a dual threat run/pass hybrid than a true pro style drop back and make NFL reads type of guy

derza222
01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
From what I saw of this guy when he played I don't really see him as an NFL prospect. I don't say that because he was bad but because his game seemed to be more of a dual threat run/pass hybrid than a true pro style drop back and make NFL reads type of guy

As a dual threat hybrid Richmond is a great choice for him though, he'll be a perfect fit for the style of offense they run. Couldn't have gone wrong with a lot of CAA teams, JMU also comes to mind, but they definitely will be an offense that fits his skill set.

Prophet
01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
This move allows him to thrive and the lower level and will lead to him getting drafted. Good move in my opinion.

Yeah just like Flacco.
Oh wait Flacco has a monster arm and Corp... dosen't.
Corp will never play in the NFL.

YAYareaRB
01-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah just like Flacco.
Oh wait Flacco has a monster arm and Corp... dosen't.
Corp will never play in the NFL.

What he lacks in monster arm ability he makes up for it with his touch and ability to run. There is a LOT of horrible QBs in the league.. What makes you think Corp won't make it?