PDA

View Full Version : Bowl prospects

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Colt got hurt...Uh ohhhhhh...

Sergio Kindle has been rather quiet...smh

Earl Thomas is flying around, I need him to declare!

Julio Jones will be the #1 NEXT YEAR, assuming he comes out.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Renaldo McClain is killin...

Cody is not doin shhhh

JoeyHeisman
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Have you watched the game at all? Do you have any clue about either of these teams?

Byrd430
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I am absolutely not a fan of Julio Jones. I understand he's got a lot of talent in him, but he's had WAY too many quiet games IMO. I actually think Maze may be the more dangerous receiver in Bama. Maybe teams are paying too much attention to Jones?

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Have you watched the game at all? Do you have any clue about either of these teams?
Huh?? I'm watchin the game now...

If your questions are in reference to me sayin Kindle had been quiet, well he WAS quiet at the time I made the thread. The next drive he got his 1st sack and has been killin since.

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I dont know if Kindle has the upside that Orakpo had but he did himself proud tonight. Thought Shipley and Muckelroy showed up to play also.

Ingram is a beast, Mike Johnson looked good and McClain did nothing to lower his stock.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I am absolutely not a fan of Julio Jones. I understand he's got a lot of talent in him, but he's had WAY too many quiet games IMO. I actually think Maze may be the more dangerous receiver in Bama. Maybe teams are paying too much attention to Jones?

McElroy is a pretty lousy quarterback.

phlysac
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I dont know if Kindle has the upside that Orakpo had but he did himself proud tonight. Thought Shipley and Muckelroy showed up to play also.

Ingram is a beast, Mike Johnson looked good and McClain did nothing to lower his stock.

As for Kindle... definitely one of his better games this year, if not the best. But a 2 play series in the 2nd half epitomized him.

1st play.... HUGE sack on McElroy inside Alabama's 20. Wasn't fooled by roll-out, used his acceleration to catch McElroy and strength to toss him down like a rag-doll.

VERY NEXT play... TE (I believe) locks onto him and blocks him backwards 8 yards.

So up and down.

YotoJets007
01-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Good game. Texas OC was really that dumb. Set up a spread play in their own freaking territory, not to mention inside 15 with freshman qb at the helm? Stupid.

They said McCoy's shoulder is not that serious but he could not lift his throwing arm at all. 2 different stories.. umm. Gilbert has good size and arm strength but his delivery is too slow and long. He needs to fix it or speed it up during his next 2 or 3 year stay with Texas. Like him a lot.

Kindle is really that strong. One of big and flabby OL could not mow Kindle down. He has run around well but Bama's plays went away from Kindle for most of game. Is he next Oparko? it does not matter because he can handle game at his own just fine.

McClain dominated in run game and coverage. Love him.

Shipley displayed the worst hands in the bowl game. He cant catch football with bare hands. Timing off between him and Gilbert could be the reason because Gilbert is stronger than McCoy.

Bama's receiving corp is non existent because they are run first orientated team and McElory (sp?) did not play sharply tonight.

Ingram wished he were a junior now. Bad timing for him.. lol.

Vanguard626
01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Shipley caught 10 balls for 121 yards & 2 touchdowns....thats a bad game??????????

phlysac
01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Shipley displayed the worst hands in the bowl game.

I wouldn't say that but I'm glad someone else remembers Shipley having a bunch of drops as well as Williams.

YotoJets007
01-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Shipley caught 10 balls for 121 yards & 2 touchdowns....thats a bad game??????????

So what? Statistic did not tell everything.

phlysac
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM

Not even the slightest bit. But I counted 4 occasions where the ball hit him in both hands and he dropped it (well 3, actually. The other time the ball went in between his hands.) That was my only issue.

RedVision
01-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Well the drops are expected for a kid in the most important game of his life, I'd prefer to look at who did step up and who did not, it was a good game for shipley.

RedVision
01-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Is McClain declaring? this guy is just insane, and would probably fit any system.

Clayton89
01-08-2010, 12:11 AM
lamarr houston made himself some money tonight

ThePudge
01-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Kindle made himself some money today, and should be among the first 15-20 picks when April rolls around.

Rolando McClain is the draft's top linebacker prospect and a legitimate Top 10 pick in either a 4-3 or 3-4. A big, strong, instinctive backer that can run. I like what he's done on the field, on the big stage, more than Aaron Curry. He's #4 on my board.

Mark Ingram showed why he might be the most natural runner in college football. His vision, patience, balance, and acceleration make him a special NFL prospect. Right now, if he could come out, I would think he'd be a Top 15 pick and challenging C.J. Spiller for the top spot. It's going to be tough to duplicate this personal success next year with an unbelievably talented backup in Trent Richardson.

Speaking of Richardson, he may be the best NFL running back prospect in the nation. I love this guy. He's big, fast, powerful, he's violent, and can slip out of the backfield as a receiver. He's a complete back, a talented one, and one that should come out of college relatively fresh. He's the only back in college football that I'll back as a Top 10 prospect.

Giantsfan1080
01-08-2010, 12:15 AM
McClain is such a monster. I might get killed for this but I think he's a better prospect than Willis. Should be a Top 10 pick if not higher.

Clayton89
01-08-2010, 02:40 AM
hes probably not as fast as Willis but is a little bigger. Honestly both are pretty badass and I dont think anyone can say anything if you like him over Willis there is no wrong choice as far as prospects go since obviously Willis is a proven product in the nfl.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
lamarr houston made himself some money tonight

I second this.