PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipleyzzzzzz

Vanguard626
01-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I think this guy just played himself into the late first round, awesome game, the guy is legit.

BaLLiN
01-07-2010, 10:57 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35729&highlight=jordan+shipley

but since that is probably far in the forum, i think he goes mid-late second, even after this game.

Vanguard626
01-07-2010, 11:01 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35729&highlight=jordan+shipley

but since that is probably far in the forum, i think he goes mid-late second, even after this game.

I think he is gonna have a pretty impressive combine, low 4.4 range and I think he is around 6 feet tall, he is very similar to Jeramey Maclin in my opinion, but we will see how the Senior Bowl and Combine goes.

RGVBadBoy
01-07-2010, 11:02 PM
He runs under 4.5 he'll get taken in the 2nd..... He's real good... Great routes, great upside... Kid tore up the best Defense in the SEC.....

BeerBaron
01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
He made some money tonight, for sure. Pretty much carried Texas in the 2nd half...the only receiver on their team who could catch a pass it seemed like.

But I don't see him going in the first. He'll make someone very happy as a #2/#3 receiver, taking advantage of the double teams the guy across from him will hopefully draw.

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:16 PM
He made some money tonight, for sure. Pretty much carried Texas in the 2nd half...the only receiver on their team who could catch a pass it seemed like.

But I don't see him going in the first. He'll make someone very happy as a #2/#3 receiver, taking advantage of the double teams the guy across from him will hopefully draw.

I agree, even if he is the next Wes Welker (and that isnt that far fetched) it still doesnt translate to the first round. Welker was a free agent.

phlysac
01-07-2010, 11:32 PM

I'm not knocking his career or his stock but both of his TDs were terrible coverages, i.e. WIIIIIIDE open, and I counted 4 drops. Prior to coming onto this site tonight I expected to see people saying how he'd lost some money tonight. The 2nd TD made me stop thinking that.

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm not knocking his career or his stock but both of his TDs were terrible coverages, i.e. WIIIIIIDE open, and I counted 4 drops. Prior to coming onto this site tonight I expected to see people saying how he'd lost some money tonight. The 2nd TD made me stop thinking that.

He normally has very reliable hands so the fact he got open enough against the best defense in the country to have a chance at 14 catches is pretty impressive.

BeerBaron
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM

Everyone on Texas was dropping **** tonight.....and I don't know about 4 for him. Maybe if you have a loose definition of what is catchable I guess.....but that game only got interesting once he started getting open.

And even beyond this, his body of work still had him going upwards in the draft. He really showed he was the top WR at Texas this year and was their go to guy pretty much all year.

I'm not even sure he would have been drafted last year, but this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him climb into the 2nd round. Definite mid-rounder at worst.

Vanguard626
01-07-2010, 11:37 PM
The guy is every bit the prospect as Maclin last year, so lets see what happens at draft time, actually, I think he will post a better 40 time, but who knows.

RedVision
01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
The guy is every bit the prospect as Maclin last year, so lets see what happens at draft time, actually, I think he will post a better 40 time, but who knows.

He is not, he's austin collie with punt return experience(and national exposure). 3rd rounder.

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:42 PM
He is not, he's austin collie with punt return experience(and national exposure). 3rd rounder.

I think he may be a little quicker than Collie, i'm sticking to Wes Welker.

Vanguard626
01-07-2010, 11:45 PM
I think he may be a little quicker than Collie, i'm sticking to Wes Welker.

come on dude, he is 3 inches taller and faster, but not as quick, if you have to pick a white guy, please pick the right white guy, Anthony Gonzalez...lol this site is great!

Vanguard626
01-07-2010, 11:48 PM

What does Maclin have the Shipley does not?

Size...nope both around 6 feet tall
Weight...not really, Maclin is around 200, Shipley is 195
Speed...Maclin ran a 4.43 I believe, Shipley is actually a bit faster, but the combine will prove that

Production...Slight edge to Shipley here, but not by much, both have the same impressive college resume.

So what is the "magical" quality that Maclin has that Shipley does not?

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 12:09 AM

Size...nope both around 6 feet tall
Weight...not really, Maclin is around 200, Shipley is 195
Speed...Maclin ran a 4.43 I believe, Shipley is actually a bit faster, but the combine will prove that

Production...Slight edge to Shipley here, but not by much, both have the same impressive college resume.

Not even joking, but is it skin color that you're implying?

But I ask, is Shipley really as fast as Maclin? I'm not sure about that one.....the combine made just about everyone look real slow last year. It seriously felt like one of the slowest combines on record, and I know there was talk around here that it might have been the new stadium track....I dunno.

Vanguard626
01-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Not even joking, but is it skin color that you're implying?

But I ask, is Shipley really as fast as Maclin? I'm not sure about that one.....the combine made just about everyone look real slow last year. It seriously felt like one of the slowest combines on record, and I know there was talk around here that it might have been the new stadium track....I dunno.

Unfortunately, if the shoe fits......

dpl85
01-08-2010, 12:18 AM
I expect Jordan to have a pretty good 40 time. I've seen him run away from a lot of good fast players.

bigbuc
01-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Dude balled tonight.... Like him. If he's there at 44 I hope Tampa Bay takes him.

brat316
01-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately, if the shoe fits......

we got another one from caste.

brat316
01-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't think the surface is slow, but we'll see this year.

CC.SD
01-08-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't understand how Steve knows about zzzZZZzz.

Vanguard626
01-08-2010, 01:35 AM
I don't understand how Steve knows about zzzZZZzz.

Steve knows everythingzzzzzzzzzzz ;)

nhlkdog411
01-08-2010, 01:37 AM
I don't honestly think he's as fast as Maclin but he's VERY fast and certainly played himself into the early-mid second at worst IMO.

TitansCJftw
01-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Steve knows everythingzzzzzzzzzzz ;)

shipley gerhart and cooper wonder who you are douche bag i believe its 4 different names today http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3154/tobyz.jpg
just for you since you cant go cry about toby anymore loser

zachsaints52
01-08-2010, 01:40 AM
8 of the freshman qbs frist 11 completions were to him... and he practially stared down Shipley on the misses. Shipley is a legit 2nd

RaiderNation
01-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Watching him tonight I would use a 3rd or 4th on him for sure. He seems like he will end up a good #2 or 3 WR for a team.

will99890
01-08-2010, 03:32 AM

Two relatively healthy knees and not being eligible for social security maybe. Hehe, all kidding aside, he's not a bad prospect but injury history and age will drag him down a round IMO. Early 3rd is my guess.

RGVBadBoy
01-08-2010, 03:58 AM
The guy who compared Shipley to Anthony Gonzalez hit the nail on the head. They are mirror images of each other. Think about it they are almost identical in ht and wt. Shipley was all-state CB in HS aswell as record setting WR. I think he had 8ints as a Sr at Burnet HS. Gonzalez originally went to OSU as a CB. Shipley was an accomplished sprinter on the Burnet Bulldog track team aswell, competing in the 3A State Track and Field meet in the 4x200m relay. Shipley consistantly timed in the LOW 22sec, high 21sec range in the 200m open events, which isn't too shabby. I think Shipley will be a very similar player in the NFL as Anthony Gonzalez, which if not for injuries, is pretty dang good. I really want to see Shipley in a Dallas Cowboy uniform come draft time. By the way Gonzalez was taken in the early 2nd which is exactly where Shipley will go. Gonzalez ran a 4.40 at his pro day and was considered by OSU personell to have the fastest 40 time of all OSU WRs to include Ted Ginn Jr. I think Shipley will run a very similar time.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 10:39 AM
The guy who compared Shipley to Anthony Gonzalez hit the nail on the head. They are mirror images of each other. Think about it they are almost identical in ht and wt. Shipley was all-state CB in HS aswell as record setting WR. I think he had 8ints as a Sr at Burnet HS. Gonzalez originally went to OSU as a CB. Shipley was an accomplished sprinter on the Burnet Bulldog track team aswell, competing in the 3A State Track and Field meet in the 4x200m relay. Shipley consistantly timed in the LOW 22sec, high 21sec range in the 200m open events, which isn't too shabby. I think Shipley will be a very similar player in the NFL as Anthony Gonzalez, which if not for injuries, is pretty dang good. I really want to see Shipley in a Dallas Cowboy uniform come draft time. By the way Gonzalez was taken in the early 2nd which is exactly where Shipley will go. Gonzalez ran a 4.40 at his pro day and was considered by OSU personell to have the fastest 40 time of all OSU WRs to include Ted Ginn Jr. I think Shipley will run a very similar time.

Gonzalez was taken in the late first as I recall.....

prock
01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
shipley is a slot receiver. he dropped like 3 passes last night. i think the guy will be a good receiver, but you dont take a slot receiver in the first round. and he had the drops last night. i know he had like 10 catches, but he dropped quite a few too.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 10:58 AM
shipley is a slot receiver. he dropped like 3 passes last night. i think the guy will be a good receiver, but you dont take a slot receiver in the first round. and he had the drops last night. i know he had like 10 catches, but he dropped quite a few too.

Everyone on Texas was dropping **** last night, and like someone pointed out, Shipley's drops came when his freshman QB was staring him down. And he still reeled in 9 in the 2nd half to single handedly carry Texas back into the game.

AgentM
01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Everyone on Texas was dropping **** last night, and like someone pointed out, Shipley's drops came when his freshman QB was staring him down. And he still reeled in 9 in the 2nd half to single handedly carry Texas back into the game.

I think Shipley played really well in the end, but when the ball hits you in the hands you have to catch it, I don't care where your QB's eyes are the whole play.

prock
01-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I think Shipley played really well in the end, but when the ball hits you in the hands you have to catch it, I don't care where your QB's eyes are the whole play.

agreed. i remember one was a perfect pass where shipley had no one within like 5 yards of him. he had room to run, couldve been a 20+ yard game. dropped. he did do pretty well in the second half, but he didnt show me enough to warrant a first round pick.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Regardless, he did nothing but help himself last night, and a few drops aren't going to eliminate that or his years worth body of work.

I still say 2nd/3rd rounder as a future #2/#3 receiver.

FUNBUNCHER
01-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Did anyone watch Shipley play football the last two years??

Tell you what, Shipley had an average game for him, yet still managed to outplay the entire Tide WR corps who were locked up airtight by the Longhorns secondary.

His only real knock is his age, ( I think he will be a 24-25 year old rookie), otherwise he looks like a guy who can contribute big as a rookie WR.

prock
01-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Regardless, he did nothing but help himself last night, and a few drops aren't going to eliminate that or his years worth body of work.

I still say 2nd/3rd rounder as a future #2/#3 receiver.

for sure a 3rd rounder. late second round possibly. i agree with you. but i just wanted to point out that shipley wasnt as godly last night as people on this board are suggesting.

Iamcanadian
01-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Shipley's biggest problem is his age. He's a lot older than most prospects if I remember right. Add 2 years to learn his trade at the next level and he will be pretty old by the time he may become truly effective. He is projected to have 4.50 speed not 4.40 or faster. He may surprise at the combine but right now, he is projected in that area.
His strength is his route running, he is far ahead of most college players in that area and his hands are solid.
Depending on how fast he runs at the combine, he'll be either a 2nd or 3rd rounder and should be an excellent slot receiver for any team. His age will drag him down a round.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I think Shipley solidified himself as an NFL player. He fought like a warrior. I would love for my team to grab him in the 4th... but I think he'll be gone by then.

Malcolm Williams on the other hand was a big disappointment.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Is age that big of concern though? I mean, if he were like 28-30, then it would be I'd say. But 24-25 is only maybe 2 years older than your average prospect who comes out after using up their eligibility. Some might even suggest it helps to know that he's probably more mature than a 20 year old true junior coming out for example.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Is age that big of concern though? I mean, if he were like 28-30, then it would be I'd say. But 24-25 is only maybe 2 years older than your average prospect who comes out after using up their eligibility. Some might even suggest it helps to know that he's probably more mature than a 20 year old true junior coming out for example.
I'd say age affects his ceiling, but he won't fall in the draft because of it.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd say age affects his ceiling, but he won't fall in the draft because of it.

It would prevent him from being a first rounder, but I don't think that's all that's preventing him from being one anyway. He'd be an excellent 3rd rounder, because unlike most 3rd rounders you can expect production almost right away.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 01:19 PM
It would prevent him from being a first rounder, but I don't think that's all that's preventing him from being one anyway. He'd be an excellent 3rd rounder, because unlike most 3rd rounders you can expect production almost right away.
Well yeah... he was never considered a 1st rounder in the first place. So it's not holding him from that.

I think that's an interesting point of logic. Does his age mean he's more NFL ready? Is the transition to the NFL related to age? A lot of guys in the draft have great size/ability. If they are older, does that make them more ready to contribute? Hmm... Or is it the mental part of the game that holds them back?

One thing about Shipley... while I love what he did at Texas... he comes from a system that is WR friendly. I'm not sure the mental transition to the NFL will be any easier. Texas WRs in the NFL don't have a great pipeline... as far as I recall... I could be wrong. Roy Williams is a sucker.

Similar to Texas Tech... Wes Welker has been the exception. Crabtree looks good based off natural ability, but the 49ers were shocked at how limited his mental understanding of the WR position was.

Babylon
01-08-2010, 01:23 PM
He just turned 24 so he'll spend most of his rookie year at that age, that to me is not a factor. However if you add it to his somewhat injury filled early years at Texas and what looks to me a guy who isnt going to beat much press coverage (i like him in the slot) then age is part of the whole picture.

Ryden
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
After last night's game, I would be hesitant to pigeon hole him to the slot only, the guy has a sick double move that would only work as an outside receiver, my only question on the guy is his strength to get off the jam, he looks pretty ripped, but kinda skinny. I think he would need to get to around 200lbs to be able to fend off outside corners in the NFL.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Like I said earlier in the thread, I think the 2nd round is where he'll go. For one, he'll be able to contribute right away I feel in a Wes Welker style role. In a two WR set, I think he could split out wide and then move into the slot in a 3 WR set, sort of like what the Steelers do with Hines Ward a lot of the time.

I strongly doubt theres any way he goes in the first round, let me be clear on that. But I also strongly feel theres no way he lasts until the 4th or later, as some in this thread believe he'll fall to.

2nd round is my prediction, going in the 3rd at the absolute latest.

StorminNorman
01-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I thought Shipley didn't have a good game, honestly.

I know he put up big stats, but he also dropped some balls that Texas needed in the worse way.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I thought Shipley didn't have a good game, honestly.

I know he put up big stats, but he also dropped some balls that Texas needed in the worse way.

And he caught so many more that helped out so much. Take him off the field and Alabama holds Texas to the 6 points they scored early.

His prior solid production plus single-handedly keeping Texas in that game will only rise his stock.

StorminNorman
01-08-2010, 03:32 PM
And he caught so many more that helped out so much. Take him off the field and Alabama holds Texas to the 6 points they scored early.

His prior solid production plus single-handedly keeping Texas in that game will only rise his stock.

Certainly, he is an important part of the team - but everyone knew that already.

Someone HAD to step up after Colt McCoy went down. Shipley didn't bring his game up to the level necessary to make up for McCoy's loss.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Certainly, he is an important part of the team - but everyone knew that already.

Someone HAD to step up after Colt McCoy went down. Shipley didn't bring his game up to the level necessary to make up for McCoy's loss.

That is just SO much to ask. If Peyton Manning went down in the Superbowl, would everyone complain if Reggie Wayne dropped a few of the passes Sorgi threw him but still caught 10? I think not....

Shipley brought them back as much as i felt he could, but so many of his offensive teammates were just playing terribly. There's only so much you can do as a WR with an inexperienced QB and with teammates who aren't holding up their end.

StorminNorman
01-08-2010, 03:48 PM
That is just SO much to ask. If Peyton Manning went down in the Superbowl, would everyone complain if Reggie Wayne dropped a few of the passes Sorgi threw him but still caught 10? I think not....

Shipley brought them back as much as i felt he could, but so many of his offensive teammates were just playing terribly. There's only so much you can do as a WR with an inexperienced QB and with teammates who aren't holding up their end.

I'm not asking a player to do the impossible in asking him not to drop a pass when his team needed a leader to step up. One of his drops (I believe) were on a third down play the drive before Texas scored it's first TD. If they are able to score on that drive, the game is entirely different.

This was the National Championship, your last game of your college career. You need a perfect game, especially given the circumstances.

Babylon
01-08-2010, 03:50 PM

10 catches and 2 TDs not enough? I would say the other receivers werent exactly stepping up but Shipley was great against arguably the best defense in the country.

Saints-Tigers
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Shipley played great, he did drop some easy passes that he normally wouldn't though.

Cigaro
01-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Think he could be another Welker type receiver in the pros. I'd definately take him on the Panthers.

phlysac
01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Crabtree looks good based off natural ability, but the 49ers were shocked at how limited his mental understanding of the WR position was.

Link?

Everything said of Crabtree this season is how naturally he understands the position.

"At least (he) had a starting point that was better than what I had anticipated in terms of him understanding the formations and understanding the route tree and the plays and how they fit together," Raye said. "He conceptualizes football extremely well. He's a quick study that way.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/digit-system-speeds-crabtrees-learning.html

dhp318
01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Similar to Texas Tech... Wes Welker has been the exception. Crabtree looks good based off natural ability, but the 49ers were shocked at how limited his mental understanding of the WR position was.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. I follow the niners closely and everything I've read about Crabtree pointed to his acumen in grasping the intricacies wideout position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/7479/optimism-flows-from-49ers-on-crabtree

Put up or shut up.

LonghornsLegend
01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I think Shipley solidified himself as an NFL player. He fought like a warrior. I would love for my team to grab him in the 4th... but I think he'll be gone by then.

Malcolm Williams on the other hand was a big disappointment.

That's why he lost his spot to Goodwin this year, dude's hands are so suspect, hot and cold, and it's really dis-heartening for such a good prospect but he has a few years to improve his stock. I hate to think about if he makes that TD grab to make the game 17-13 at the end of the first half with a great throw by Gilbert.

As far as Shipley, I know he's old but I don't think he'll have a steep learning curve since he'll likely make a living in the slot at least to start. Put him a spread offense and he'll be productive right off the bat, I think his ceiling could be a Kevin Walter #2 WR type of player, at worst I think he'll be very serviceable in the slot with sure hands and return punts for a team.

I don't think he offers 1st round type of upside, but he's great value in the 3rd I think because he'll offer immediate help.

FUNBUNCHER
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
10 catches and 2 TDs not enough? I would say the other receivers werent exactly stepping up but Shipley was great against arguably the best defense in the country.

Texas outgained Alabama in total yards. One of the main reasons the Longhorns lost was because of turnovers.

I know Saban took his foot off the pedal after Colt went down, but I still think the Tide would have struggled to beat Texas if Colt hadn't been forced out by injury.

Shipley did his part.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 06:59 PM
As far as Shipley, I know he's old but I don't think he'll have a steep learning curve since he'll likely make a living in the slot at least to start. Put him a spread offense and he'll be productive right off the bat, I think his ceiling could be a Kevin Walter #2 WR type of player, at worst I think he'll be very serviceable in the slot with sure hands and return punts for a team.

I don't think he offers 1st round type of upside, but he's great value in the 3rd I think because he'll offer immediate help.

It's that ability to offer immediate help in a Welker type role that I think could push him up. Almost all receivers, regardless of where they're drafted, typically need at least a year under their belts in the pro game to get comfortable.

But since Shipley is a bit older and has a lot of experience, I think his ability to step right in and contribute will push him up. Not to the first, as I've said here a few times, but he definitely has a shot at the 2nd round.

baronzeus
01-13-2010, 03:46 AM
As a Bengals fan, I would love this guy in the late 3rd round. He's not worth it as a 1 or 2 IMO.

nhlkdog411
01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I think what makes Shipley an attractive option for teams is the fact that IMO he can be successful both outside AND in the slot, and thus get used in multiple ways. I don't necessarily see him as a future number 1, because he doesn't have the speed/quickness of a Steve Smith, but on the other hand, he does have pretty similar athleticism to Santonio Holmes and he's developed into a number 1 in his own right. He certainly IMO can be a teams number 2 option which in today's pass happy NFL is a very productive spot to be on most teams.

CC.SD
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Wes Welker is going to make a lot of middling prospects a lot of money over the next few years. I still prefer Golden Tate to Shipley

brat316
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Golden Tate is the next coming of Steve Smith(Car)

MizzouBig12
01-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Wes Welker is going to make a lot of middling prospects a lot of money over the next few years. I still prefer Golden Tate to Shipley
Why compare Shipley to Wes Welker? His size, speed, and skill set are far more comparable to Greg Jennings, Jeremy Maclin, Miles Austin, or, as one poster noted above, Santonio Holmes. He certainly has the skills/toughness to operate out of the slot, but he's ideally a flanker or split end.

CC.SD
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Why compare Shipley to Wes Welker? His size, speed, and skill set are far more comparable to Greg Jennings, Jeremy Maclin, Miles Austin, or, as one poster noted above, Santonio Holmes. He certainly has the skills/toughness to operate out of the slot, but he's ideally a flanker or split end.

A couple posts earlier there was some Welker discussion, and it's a role that I think Shipley could immediately step into even while learning the complexities of an NFL offense.

Don't hate me I love Maclin too much.

MizzouBig12
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
A couple posts earlier there was some Welker discussion, and it's a role that I think Shipley could immediately step into even while learning the complexities of an NFL offense.

Don't hate me I love Maclin too much.
My point is that none of these other guys had to step into a slot receiver position, they were immediately groomed for more natural flanker or split-end positions. The only real similarity that I see between Shipley and Welker is skin color, which shouldn't have a bearing on how a player is judged. And yes, Maclin is a stud. If he can just work on his hands a bit more, he can be unstoppable:-)

Addict
01-13-2010, 04:03 PM
I just want to say I strongly disagree with the 'zzz' in this topic.

MizzouBig12
01-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I just want to say I strongly disagree with the 'zzz' in this topic.

I think that has to do more with the posters than with the player. Like the Toby Gerhart thread, we've had scads of posters who focus entirely on the skin color and that because of it, the players are being screwed in one way or another. Now, an extremely good argument could be made to support this, but enough is enough. Now, if you really want to see discrimination across color lines, just go over to the college recruiting rankings, but for folks like Shipley and Gerhart, it's been a little over the top here on DC.

JohnConner
01-13-2010, 05:43 PM
I think that has to do more with the posters than with the player. Like the Toby Gerhart thread, we've had scads of posters who focus entirely on the skin color and that because of it, the players are being screwed in one way or another. Now, an extremely good argument could be made to support this, but enough is enough. Now, if you really want to see discrimination across color lines, just go over to the college recruiting rankings, but for folks like Shipley and Gerhart, it's been a little over the top here on DC.

Actually the "zzzzz" are done by posters that are mocking Shipley, Gerhart, Cooper, Nelson or just about any other white player for that matter. The "zzzzz" piss off the Pro-Shipley crowd, and are meant to dismiss any positive comment about a white player as based on nothing but white solidarity by a poster who only likes Shipley, Decker, Gerhart, etc because they are white. Which is not the case at all.

nhlkdog411
01-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Actually the "zzzzz" are done by posters that are mocking Shipley, Gerhart, Cooper, Nelson or just about any other white player for that matter. The "zzzzz" piss off the Pro-Shipley crowd, and are meant to dismiss any positive comment about a white player as based on nothing but white solidarity by a poster who only likes Shipley, Decker, Gerhart, etc because they are white. Which is not the case at all.

Its a joke, and its only done because people like you go way over the top with the skin color stuff. If you guys would chill out and post like reasonable people you might have better luckwith people actually listening to something you say.

JohnConner
01-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Its a joke, and its only done because people like you go way over the top with the skin color stuff. If you guys would chill out and post like reasonable people you might have better luckwith people actually listening to something you say.

You know, you remind me of those conservative republicans who, in private would agree with more or less everything that a David Duke has to say, but in public does not have the BALLS to say what he truly feels.

CC.SD
01-13-2010, 08:20 PM
You know, you remind me of those conservative republicans who, in private would agree with more or less everything that a David Duke has to say, but in public does not have the BALLS to say what he truly feels.

You remind me of the girl in 3rd grade who stuck her tongue in the electric socket. Stevezzzzzz

LonghornsLegend
01-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Shipley is all Kevin Walter to me. Maybe a little more wiggle, but could be an 800 yard, 8 TD type of compliment to a #1 WR as his ceiling, I think he could be more then just a slot guy down the line.

nhlkdog411
01-13-2010, 09:00 PM

I'm sure you're well on your way to being banned so I'm not really sure if its even worth replying to you. I like many people am willing to accept that there is probably some stereotyping of players just like there is stereotyping in all facets of life, it happens, it sucks and I wish it didn't. I DON'T agree at all with trolling a message board and generally acting like a jerk, to try and convince people there is some massive conspiracy against players of a certain race. You can call me a kiss ass all you want, but if you're actually trying to get people to see your point of view your idiocy is really hurting your cause.

FUNBUNCHER
01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm sure you're well on your way to being banned so I'm not really sure if its even worth replying to you. I like many people am willing to accept that there is probably some stereotyping of players just like there is stereotyping in all facets of life, it happens, it sucks and I wish it didn't. I DON'T agree at all with trolling a message board and generally acting like a jerk, to try and convince people there is some massive conspiracy against players of a certain race. You can call me a kiss ass all you want, but if you're actually trying to get people to see your point of view your idiocy is really hurting your cause.

+2 nhlkdog411!!

Babylon
01-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Shipley is all Kevin Walter to me. Maybe a little more wiggle, but could be an 800 yard, 8 TD type of compliment to a #1 WR as his ceiling, I think he could be more then just a slot guy down the line.

Kevin Walter is 6-3 and about 215 which helps him beat press coverage. Not sure Shipley has that ability to play outside.

KyleReese
01-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Kevin Walter is 6-3 and about 215 which helps him beat press coverage. Not sure Shipley has that ability to play outside.

Yea but Shipley is faster and quicker, so that should help, I think he is more or less the same size as Santonino Holmes, and he is pretty successful on the outside.

RealityCheck
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
With a good combine Shipley could pull an Anthony Gonzalez and go late first, but I think he would have to have a lights out Senior Bowl and sub 4.4 40 to do that.
I can see not only Shipley, but Riley Cooper and Freddie Barnes pulling a Buster Davis/Anthony Gonzalez.

KyleReese
01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I can see not only Shipley, but Riley Cooper and Freddie Barnes pulling a Buster Davis/Anthony Gonzalez.

I agree, more so with Cooper only because I don't think Freddie Barnes is that fast, but he is a great receiver, and should be a great find in the 4th or so, very similar to Brandon Stokley or Devone Bess.