PDA

View Full Version : Ingram = MJD?

foozball
01-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Both are short and stocky, compact, quick, and very powerful. Anyone else agree?

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Emmitt Smith

AkiliSmith
01-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Ray Rice....

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:51 PM
All of the above

RedVision
01-07-2010, 11:51 PM
thomas jones

djp
01-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Actually Emmitt Smith is an uncanny comparison for Ingram. Both players have/had exceptional balance and very quick cuts. Neither were real burners, but Ingram has adequate speed. Both also have/had tree trunks for legs.

Not saying he's going to be as good as Emmitt, but they are very similar players, at least physically.

Babylon
01-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Actually Emmitt Smith is an uncanny comparison for Ingram. Both players have/had exceptional balance and very quick cuts. Neither were real burners, but Ingram has adequate speed. Both also have/had tree trunks for legs.

Not saying he's going to be as good as Emmitt, but they are very similar players, at least physically.

Not sure if Ingram can dance as well as Emmitt.

Bengals78
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Mark Ingram

RedVision
01-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Mark Ingram

How does a heisman trophy winner at RB compare to a former WR who's in jail?

TheSlinger
01-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Both are short and stocky, compact, quick, and very powerful. Anyone else agree?

I feel like hitting you on the nose with a newspaper. Maybe it's my Jags bias but MJD is an all-around back with tremendous power, elusiveness, breakaway speed as well as being a great pass catcher and pass blocker. If you knew that MJD would become MJD he would be a top 5-10 lock, Gerhart is nowhere near that.

RedVision
01-08-2010, 12:20 AM
I feel like hitting you on the nose with a newspaper. Maybe it's my Jags bias but MJD is an all-around back with tremendous power, elusiveness, breakaway speed as well as being a great pass catcher and pass blocker. If you knew that MJD would become MJD he would be a top 5-10 lock, Gerhart is nowhere near that.

wth? the thread is about ingram...

brat316
01-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Ingram = bust because

CFBP + Heisman = bust

Duffman57
01-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Ingram = Peterson esque running with much better hands out of the backfield.

Seeing him play, i just think that that type of ability to start and stop so easily, and then the ability to just run through tackles.

djp
01-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Ingram = Peterson esque running with much better hands out of the backfield.

Seeing him play, i just think that that type of ability to start and stop so easily, and then the ability to just run through tackles.

Not even close. Peterson is much faster and runs upright. Ingram is stocky and keeps a low center of gravity. Also i don't quite know if Ingram is any type of receiver out of the backfield

ThePudge
01-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Not even close. Peterson is much faster and runs upright. Ingram is stocky and keeps a low center of gravity. Also i don't quite know if Ingram is any type of receiver out of the backfield

Ingram had 30+ catches this year and looks great coming out of the backfield.

Duffman57
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM

yah, but i just see that kind of balance when i see ingram run, but your right, he has more power to him, alot because of his center of gravity being lower, and i saw Ingram catch a few passes out of the backfield.

djp
01-08-2010, 12:38 AM

Ingram had 30+ catches this year and looks great coming out of the backfield.

Most of what I saw were screens and flare passes. I haven't seen him break down an LB 1 on 1, but I didn't watch every game they played. Not saying he can't do it, just haven't seen it myself yet

TheSlinger
01-08-2010, 12:39 AM
wth? the thread is about ingram...

bahahaha I have Gerhart on the brain i guess :embarrassedsmileythatIcan'tseemtofind:

islandboy843
01-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Ingram runs with the intensity of Peterson. Even his little juke is like him... keyword: like

dpl85
01-08-2010, 12:41 AM
The attribute that made Emmitt great was his exceptional vision. It helped offset the fact that he really wasn't fast at all. I'm sure Ingram has at least good vision and is probably a little faster than Smith.

FinsFTW
01-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't think he will be on par with Peterson, but he will be a very good back in the NFL.

Clayton89
01-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Kinda reminds me of Edge

Bengals78
01-08-2010, 02:51 AM
I think Cedric Benson if I have to pick a pro. Personally I think after watchin tonight he is a blend of Emmit and Cedric.
Doesnt have bigtime break away speed. But has the balance and vision to get 10-20 yards after contact and can lower his shoulder for the big hit.

gpngc
01-08-2010, 02:53 AM
He's good. But Trent Richardson is special. Richardson could win the Heisman next year. I think he's better than Ingram actually.

Bengals78
01-08-2010, 03:13 AM
He's good. But Trent Richardson is special. Richardson could win the Heisman next year. I think he's better than Ingram actually.

Ingram admitted Richardson is more advanced at this stage than he was as a freshman. He agrees with you lol.
I think Richardson will get his chance when Ingram leaves.

HawkeyeFan
01-08-2010, 04:30 AM
He reminds me a lot of Marion Barber.

goodlookin
01-08-2010, 08:17 AM
i see the lateral quickness of rice with the power of mcgahee. Not a ravens fan those just are the best comparisons. I think when you throw his power into the equation you get somewhere around the range of a slightly slower frank gore.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Dude is the closest thing I've seen to Emmitt Smith.

AgentM
01-08-2010, 10:56 AM

Not sure if Ingram can dance as well as Emmitt.

My roommate and were saying the exact same thing about him watching highlights this past week. Barring injury I can't see how Ingram won't be a good pro back at the very worst.

stephenson86
01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Dude is the closest thing I've seen to Emmitt Smith.

i agree with you there

descendency
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB2TfY03kG4

Mark Ingram compares to another Alabama running back...

Plus, I think Mark Ingram passed the 3rd grade.

RealityCheck
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
This, Richardson is a way better player than Ingram.

stephenson86
01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
unlike MJD and Ray Rice I don't see Ingram as that same sort of pocket rocket. He has a very nice wiggle about him a good burst and good leg drive I like him quite a lot compared to jonathan stewart

granted theres almost 20 lbs between them but style wise i see them as very very similar

GhostDeini
01-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I am not impressed with Ingram like everyone else is. I just don't see anything special. I've seen alot better RB's in college this year. One was Dion Lewis.

And he's no Emmitt Smith. When Reggie Bust was winning Heisman everybody was sleeping on DeAngelo Williams and he turned out the better pro. Anyway, he was compared to E.Smith and it made more sense to me.

GaMeTiMe
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Emmitt Smith wins. Thomas Jones I can see. Peterson, MJD..absolutely not.

nhlkdog411
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Gotta go more with the Emmit Smith comparison that has been dropped by several people, they run and look so similar on the field in terms of their style and size. Ingram just doesn't have the ferocity and explosion I see in MJD or even Ray Rice he seems much more of a patient guy with amazing vision like Emmit..although I do think he's faster than Emmit was.