PDA

View Full Version : Joe McKnight Declares

thadoniousmonk
01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/news/story?id=4808364

which round do you see him going?

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
3rd is my guess. I hear a lot of people saying he's a better prospect than Reggie Bush. But I don't hear a lot of people saying he'll be drafted in the Top 5. haha.

JRTPlaya21
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Woohoooooooo! One of my favorite running backs. Too bad he won't go early.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I think it's a wash, he'd have go through the same questions next year anyway. Good decision in that regard.

3rd or 4th.

detroit4life
01-08-2010, 01:11 PM
id like to see how he tests but i see him in round 3 or 4 right now.

keylime_5
01-08-2010, 01:13 PM
he's gonna be this year's RB "steal" ala Frank Gore, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Mo Drew, etc imo.

Babylon
01-08-2010, 01:18 PM
he's gonna be this year's RB "steal" ala Frank Gore, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Mo Drew, etc imo.

Unfortunately he doesnt run as hard as some of those guys.

D-Unit
01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Maybe Steve Slaton... but c'mon now... Gore, Rice, Drew... they have tree trunk sized thighs.

For RBs... it's ALL about the thighs. McKnight lacks the same kind of bulk. He's more a dynamic type.

MNRunLeft
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd like to see him as Chester Taylor's replacement in Minnesota, but I don't think we'd use a 3rd round pick on him and don't see him lasting until late in round 4.

RedVision
01-08-2010, 01:38 PM
I know GB could use a dynamic playmaker like him in their backfield. I wouldn't be that angry if he was picked in the 2nd.

drowe
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I know GB could use a dynamic playmaker like him in their backfield. I wouldn't be that angry if he was picked in the 2nd.

I agree. I would like seeing him as a Packer in the second or 3rd

RaiderNation
01-08-2010, 01:46 PM
He will be a steal for some team in the 3rd

Thunder&Lightning
01-08-2010, 02:02 PM
He said the only reason he would come back is to win the Heisman? Nice sounds like a pretty selfish guy IMO

Prophet
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
"If I would have come back it would have been to pursue the Heisman,"

Hahaha whatever Joe is drinking, he should put it down. A heisman for McKnight is nothing more than a pipe dream.
His career at SC will go down as nothing more than a dissapointment. I compare him to former Penn State ATH Derrick Williams, highly touted with all the physical skill but could never live up to his potential.
If he performs well in Indy I could see him going as high as late 2nd, but safe bet would have him somewhere in the 3rd.

prock
01-08-2010, 02:36 PM
i would love him to the vikes in the 3rd to replace chester taylor. even in the late second i wouldnt be too upset with. i love this guy.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I think after the workouts he could rise to a first round pick.

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Gore had injury problems that pushed him down while Drew and Rice were both considered smallish complimentary backs who've hit the pro game hard....I don't see them as very good comparisons as some others have said.

I see Percy Harvin as maybe a closer comparison skills-wise. College hybrid types who won't be full time runners in the pros.

But I don't think McKnight will crack the first round obviously. With some great workouts, i could see him slip into the 2nd. I'd say a 3rd rounder atm.

GatorsBullsFan
01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
This Draft just seems to be getting stronger and stronger with each Junior that jumps on board

BeerBaron
01-08-2010, 03:24 PM
This Draft just seems to be getting stronger and stronger with each Junior that jumps on board

It's going to be a very deep one I feel. I think the top of the draft could still be dominated by seniors outside of the QBs perhaps, but I think there will be as high of quality guys still available early in the 3rd round as in the late 1st probably. A very strong 2nd and 3rd tier of players i think.

yourfavestoner
01-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe Steve Slaton... but c'mon now... Gore, Rice, Drew... they have tree trunk sized thighs.

For RBs... it's ALL about the thighs. McKnight lacks the same kind of bulk. He's more a dynamic type.

Exactlly!!! I've been saying this for years, and it's the main reason I was so down on Bush and McFadden as prospects. Chicken legs almost automatically means limited pro potential as a runningback in the NFL.

There's a huge difference between short and small. MJD and Rice are short, but built like brickhouses which actually works in their favor. McKnight, Bush, and McFadden are all average or above average in height and build, but have absolutely no weight in their legs.

truth393
01-08-2010, 07:50 PM

I think he is more like Jamaal Charles.

JaxJag_1
01-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Maybe. I don't think he's as a fast and accelerates like Charles but they're rather similar.

FUNBUNCHER
01-08-2010, 08:12 PM

Tree trunk legged Jamaal Charles. And Chris Johnson, the oak-legged RB for the Titans.

Knight is injured all the time, looks smaller than 200#, and is probably more quick than fast.

I could see him dropping well into the 5th round because of the recent track record of USC RBs in the pros.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-09-2010, 01:14 AM

I think he was sayin that all these RBs were taken after the 1st round and proved to 32 front offices that what whatever flaws they saw in their game, it didn't hamper their NFL success...