PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fowler...Not an Eagle

jonbrodo17
03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I heard it on 610 WIP and read it on PFT. The Titans offer that was the same as ours wasn't their final and they gave more so now he will be a Titan if the CowGirls don't match. He started on the wrong foot with me, played for the CowGirls and went to Duke

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
This is a major releif to me. Now we still have room for Curtis if we need him, or some other smaller moves in FA like DT or RB.

bsaza2358
03-14-2007, 08:34 AM
The Eagles are still in fine cap shape. They don't have a ton of room, but I think they'll be able to clear out a lot of salary and such next offseason with the way all these deals are structured. I'm pretty sure the new extensions carry a heavy cap hit this season, then they're less going forward. I also expect Dhani Jones and Trotter to be gone after this year. Kearse is also a possibility.

Go_Eagles77
03-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Hopefully we're not seeing Fowler in the Pro-bowl in a few years.

bsaza2358
03-14-2007, 09:57 AM
It's not like they let him go as a FA, then he burns them. The Titans upped their offer and were willing to pay more than the Eagles valued him at. If they overpay, they can have him. I think many of us were nervous that the guy was getting such a large contract from the Eagles anyway...

Go_Eagles77
03-14-2007, 09:58 AM
It's not like they let him go as a FA, then he burns them. The Titans upped their offer and were willing to pay more than the Eagles valued him at. If they overpay, they can have him. I think many of us were nervous that the guy was getting such a large contract from the Eagles anyway...

Yeah I wasn't happy with the contract but the Eagles clearly saw a lot in him to offer that much.

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Hopefully we're not seeing Fowler in the Pro-bowl in a few years.

I doubt it.