PDA

View Full Version : Earl Thomas goes Pro

djp
01-08-2010, 09:13 PM
http://twitter.com/BFeldmanESPN

Me Likey Rookies
01-08-2010, 09:22 PM
wow another shock. What a talented draft class this is...

vidae
01-08-2010, 09:25 PM
This is going to be a very good safety class.

coordinator0
01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I like it for only that it will probably push some more talent to the Ravens in the mid-20's. Of course if Reed retires...

djp
01-08-2010, 09:41 PM

I hope the Vikings do what it takes to get this guy. He's exactly what we need on defense.

Shane P. Hallam
01-08-2010, 09:44 PM
A lot of people on here love Earl Thomas. Myself included. Still a bit raw on his decision making skills, but tons of physical talent. He makes plays as well. I hope he somehow falls to the Steelers, would love him here in the Burgh.

I have a feeling he goes a bit higher as the third safety off the board. Top 15 pick.

BaLLiN
01-08-2010, 10:07 PM
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did okay in the NC, good speed and angles but he wasn't tested that much through the air

Forenci
01-08-2010, 10:13 PM
A lot of people on here love Earl Thomas. Myself included. Still a bit raw on his decision making skills, but tons of physical talent. He makes plays as well. I hope he somehow falls to the Steelers, would love him here in the Burgh.

I have a feeling he goes a bit higher as the third safety off the board. Top 15 pick.

Indeed, I absolutely love Thomas. He's probably my favorite safety in the draft, even over Eric Berry. Granted I'm not a huge Berry fan but I do think Thomas is pretty studly.

I would be extremely excited if the Giants spent their first rounder on him. Phillips + Thomas would give us a heck of a safety duo with two guys who are ball hawks.

TACKLE
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did okay in the NC, good speed and angles but he wasn't tested that much through the air

How about when thought he had Mark Ingram lined up on the sideline and ended up running 10 yards across his face onto the sideline. Haha. That was funny. Don't worry. I won't hold it against him. Though I bet if Taylor Mays did that exact same thing people would be ripping him apart for it.

BaLLiN
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
How about when thought he had Mark Ingram lined up on the sideline and ended up running 10 yards across his face onto the sideline. Haha. That was funny. Don't worry. I won't hold it against him. Though I bet if Taylor Mays did that exact same thing people would be ripping him apart for it.

the angle was right, he made ingram not only stop himself but go inside, sure he missed the tackle but he saved a much longer gain

UTPATS
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
No, Mays would have been blown right by!

princefielder28
01-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Smart decision, will give Mays a run for the #2 safety

Hines
01-09-2010, 12:02 AM
This guy better be a Pittsburgh Steeler. He will be a Michael Griffen in the NFL.

D-Unit
01-09-2010, 12:49 AM
I knew it all along. His words pointed that he would go this route. Doubt he'll last to the Cowboys... but at least he'll push another good player down.

FUNBUNCHER
01-09-2010, 01:26 AM
No as physical, but as a pure coverage free safety, he and Eric Berry are SOOOO similar as prospects.

Someone is gonna have a stud safety starting on their backline next season.

RealityCheck
01-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh boy. Berry + Mays + Thomas + Allen + Jones = goodness.

Babylon
01-09-2010, 11:51 AM
No as physical, but as a pure coverage free safety, he and Eric Berry are SOOOO similar as prospects.

Someone is gonna have a stud safety starting on their backline next season.

I think coverage is his strong suit as opposed to the run, reminds me a little of an Eric Weddle. Dont see him in the same class as an Eric Berry or a Taylor Mays.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Just saw it today in the sports section, update your mocks accordingly. He's leaving as a soph?

Yes it deepens the safety class in the April draft, good news for teams that have safety + other great needs, if they miss in the 1st rd. & Mays & Berry gone, they can get an impact rookie who can start right away with Thomas in the early or mid-2nd.

Thomas is the latest in a long line of pro-quality DBs from that program dating back to the Griffin bros, Michael Huff, Quinton Jammer, et. al.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
ET to the Eagles. Make it happen!

Sniper
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
ET to the Eagles. Make it happen!

If it's not going to be Brandon Graham, then I'd love to see ET.

UTPATS
01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Just saw it today in the sports section, update your mocks accordingly. He's leaving as a soph?

Yes it deepens the safety class in the April draft, good news for teams that have safety + other great needs, if they miss in the 1st rd. & Mays & Berry gone, they can get an impact rookie who can start right away with Thomas in the early or mid-2nd.

Thomas is the latest in a long line of pro-quality DBs from that program dating back to the Griffin bros, Michael Huff, Quinton Jammer, et. al.

Cedric and Michael aren't brothers, except from other mothers...

He has the ability to be the best one to come out.
Don't forget about more starters: Tarrell Brown SF , Aaron Ross NYG , Nathan Vasher CHI

UTPATS
01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I think coverage is his strong suit as opposed to the run, reminds me a little of an Eric Weddle. Dont see him in the same class as an Eric Berry or a Taylor Mays.

He is definitely in that class and he is much better in coverage than stopping the run. Although he does fly around and can fill some gaps.

Combine and individual workouts will make everyone aware how studly this guy is!

Brent
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
This guy is exactly what the Niners need for a FS, so Dashon can slid over to SS. And, we're in the perfect spot to land him. Yessssssss.

Babylon
01-09-2010, 01:27 PM
This guy is exactly what the Niners need for a FS, so Dashon can slid over to SS. And, we're in the perfect spot to land him. Yessssssss.

Where do you think he goes in terms of what round? I dont see 3 safeties going in round 1 so he might be there in the second.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-09-2010, 01:28 PM
With the right scheme and coaching he can be a pro bowler in his 2nd year. I was impressed with his ability to quickly help on run support in the NC game.

Brent
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Where do you think he goes in terms of what round? I dont see 3 safeties going in round 1 so he might be there in the second.
I think he could go to us with the second of our 1st round picks (should be #16 or #17). It wouldn't shock me. Goldson is a perfect fit for SS as we need better pass coverage from the safeties, despite a good job on his part this year. The combo of Michael Lewis & Mark Roman at SS is a horrible situation. I dont believe he gets out of the top 20 picks.

Babylon
01-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I think he could go to us with the second of our 1st round picks (should be #16 or #17). It wouldn't shock me. Goldson is a perfect fit for SS as we need better pass coverage from the safeties, despite a good job on his part this year. The combo of Michael Lewis & Mark Roman at SS is a horrible situation. I dont believe he gets out of the top 20 picks.

Not be disagreeable but i that's too high for Thomas. A heady guy but i think size and speed is questionable. The speed question should be taken care of at the combine.

Shane P. Hallam
01-09-2010, 01:38 PM

He'll likely go in the first, maybe later than we all think though. I'd say mid-late first right now.

Razor
01-09-2010, 01:56 PM

Top 20 easy, I think he might even go in the top 10 depending on how things work out.

T-RICH49
01-09-2010, 02:02 PM

yep.we better address S in the draft this year.weather it's Berry or someone else