PDA

View Full Version : Board's Biggest Homer

Pages : [1] 2

frogstomp
06-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Well, after having a long, tiring, and meaningless debate today, It made me remember we haven't had any over the top homer's since... well... a while... I was just curious who you thought was the biggest homer around.

Funny quotes are welcome.

snuff
06-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Key_lime or RickNJ

Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Balaskonis, no funny quote as they're all just pathetic.

frogstomp

Fix my damn name in your sig! :P

Vince Lombardi
06-04-2006, 01:32 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Fat Kid
06-04-2006, 01:56 AM
any redskin fan/ nfc east fan

slightlyaraiderfan
06-04-2006, 02:09 AM
There's so many.

06-04-2006, 02:14 AM

Fix my damn name in your sig! :P

I like stamps more than I like Stomping.

Burned_By_Santana
06-04-2006, 02:52 AM

Ouch...well I guess anyone who thinks Shaun Alexander is a top 3 back.

frogstomp
06-04-2006, 09:23 AM
There's so many.

I know that, but who's the biggest?! :P

drowe
06-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Number 10
he's delusional.

just look at his 'nfl top 50 players list'

frogstomp
06-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Number 10
he's delusional.

I'll have to agree. However, that Dam guy is an idiot. He was honestly trying to convince people Marvin would only be an 800 yard, 7 TD WR if it wasn't for Manning. :roll:

ATLDirtyBirds
06-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Number 10 is the biggest I've seen.

tom
06-04-2006, 09:55 AM
http://www.simpsonstrivia.com.ar/simpsons-photos/wallpapers/homero-simpson-wallpaper-homer-1024.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-04-2006, 10:01 AM
That is a big homer.

Canadian_kid16
06-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Frogstomp is a big homer towards Elisha Cuthbert, but that is good

06-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Vikings Fan and Number10 are easily the 2 biggest homers on this site

Go_Eli
06-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Please, Balaskonis is the biggest. Some gems from a recent thread about the best team on paper:

"dude ask anybody not a giants fan, the skins and cowboys are on a whole different level that the giants, the giants will be lucky to make the playoffs this year "

"wow, the giants better than the cowboys by far? man thats funny, please think before u type"

And the Cowboys are favorites? I know some analysts think so, but some don't. And can anyone, right now, make a definete prediction on the NFC East. 3 of the 4 teams are incredible close IMO and the Eagles will cause problems for people.

I send him a PM asking him to explain and he says:

"lets see, us- top 5 defense, top 5 offense, you-top 15 defense top 15 offense

lets compare"

"the giants are 3rd in the division right now, period"

"we added more, and the cowboys were better than the giants last year too"

I rest my case.

06-04-2006, 10:54 AM

Yeah most 'Skins fans here are ridiculous.

frogstomp
06-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Please, Balaskonis is the biggest. Some gems from a recent thread about the best team on paper:

"dude ask anybody not a giants fan, the skins and cowboys are on a whole different level that the giants, the giants will be lucky to make the playoffs this year "

"wow, the giants better than the cowboys by far? man thats funny, please think before u type"

And the Cowboys are favorites? I know some analysts think so, but some don't. And can anyone, right now, make a definete prediction on the NFC East. 3 of the 4 teams are incredible close IMO and the Eagles will cause problems for people.

I send him a PM asking him to explain and he says:

"lets see, us- top 5 defense, top 5 offense, you-top 15 defense top 15 offense

lets compare"

"the giants are 3rd in the division right now, period"

"we added more, and the cowboys were better than the giants last year too"

I rest my case.

I'm starting to think it might be you. :?

elway777
06-04-2006, 11:10 AM
sean taylor21,...3/4 of all of his post are whining about the redskins

Go_Eli
06-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm starting to think it might be you. :?

Why? Cuz I don't buy into rankings?

06-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Vikings Fan once said that

the Vikings 2006 Draft would be one of the greatest in recent memory

TimD
06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Go_Eli is up there... i'm a huge jet fan but i know what's real and isn't... this guy truly believs that every Giants Player is like the Best in the League...

Go_Eli
06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Go_Eli is up there... i'm a huge jet fan but i know what's real and isn't... this guy truly believs that every Giants Player is like the Best in the League...

Uhh...not really. I know what's true and what isn't.

Just annoying when people put Portis above Barber without any good reason and then admit "They're probably equal"

duckseason
06-04-2006, 11:38 AM

06-04-2006, 11:40 AM

Yeah, I thought it was bold predictions. What does that make it? The 576th time I said that?

06-04-2006, 11:41 AM

Yeah, I thought it was bold predictions. What does that make it? The 576th time I said that?

It was, but that statement was stupid not bold

06-04-2006, 11:42 AM

It was, but that statement was stupid not bold

Excuse me, and one post doenst make me a homer. Dont respond to this, dont take over the topic.

06-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Allright I wont, by the way I like what you did with youre sig

Talking about Go_Eli, yes he is a Giants homer but not as big of one as Number10.

tom
06-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm probably the biggest homer, in so far as I'm the only one that'll admit it...

I assume homer is short for Homosexual, right?

I'm not gay, nor bi, but I've pulled various men on various ocassions... I guess that makes me a homer... anybody else got some dirty laundry?

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2006, 11:47 AM
There are a large number, it's pretty hard to choose from...

It always angers me when a poster tries to like "prove" he isn't a homer, because you know what, we all are in some form or fashion.

TimD
06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
It always angers me when a poster tries to like "prove" he isn't a homer, because you know what, we all are in some form or fashion.
well said

Vilma the Animal
06-04-2006, 12:31 PM
This guy Toonster...he always tries to act like he knows what hes talking about and he says the stupidest stuff...anyone know him?

(JK, you the man if youre still here Toon)

Nerv
06-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm probably the biggest homer, in so far as I'm the only one that'll admit it...

I assume homer is short for Homosexual, right?

I'm not cool, nor bi, but I've pulled various men on various ocassions... I guess that makes me a homer... anybody else got some dirty laundry?

Oh Tom youre sure a silly one mate

GermanSaint
06-04-2006, 01:34 PM
all boys , skins and giants fan especially sean taylor 21 , who is slurping all redskins players saliva in nearly every post.

duckseason
06-04-2006, 01:41 PM
all boys , skins and giants fan especially sean taylor 21 , who is slurping all redskins players saliva in nearly every post.

Go read some of the Cowboys thread, and see if you still think that's true. Generalizing a large group of people like that is almost always wrong.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 01:42 PM

Go read some of the Cowboys thread, and see if you still think that's true. Generalizing a large group of people like that is almost always wrong.

Why would we want to enter the heart of the devil!?

duckseason
06-04-2006, 01:46 PM

Why would we want to enter the heart of the devil!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GermanSaint
06-04-2006, 01:47 PM

but the hit ratio is frightening conspicous

duckseason
06-04-2006, 01:51 PM

K. Name your top 5 cowboy homers on this board. Maybe include some quotes to back it up. I'll give you Balaskonis, but I'm trying to think of another who is so noticeable to be mentioned.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 01:52 PM

K. Name your top 5 cowboy homers on this board. Maybe include some quotes to back it up. I'll give you Balaskonis, but I'm trying to think of another.

I could name you about 50 Cowboys bandwagon fans who live on the other side of the country but for some reason are in love with the boys 8)

duckseason
06-04-2006, 01:55 PM

K. Name your top 5 cowboy homers on this board. Maybe include some quotes to back it up. I'll give you Balaskonis, but I'm trying to think of another.

I could name you about 50 Cowboys bandwagon fans who live on the other side of the country but for some reason are in love with the boys 8)

Well, most fans don't live in the same state/area as their team. I, happen to be a Cowboy fan for the same reason most people have a favorite team- My dad. I followed them during their worst years (late 80's).

Nerv
06-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Well, most fans don't live in the same state/area as their team.

Doesnt surprise me that a Cowboy fan would say this :lol: The high high majority of fans do live in the same area/state as their teams, that is why they support the team, because it represents them.. that is the whole point.

elway777
06-04-2006, 01:59 PM
i live in long beach california and became a denver broncos fan,...go figure

duckseason
06-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, most fans don't live in the same state/area as their team.

Doesnt surprise me that a Cowboy fan would say this :lol: The high high majority of fans do live in the same area/state as their teams, that is why they support the team, because it represents them.. that is the whole point.

So what about all the fans who live in a state with no team??? Isn't that about half the US?

Nerv
06-04-2006, 02:04 PM
You have teams in your area, maybe not in your state, but we both know what teams get the 'home team' billing up in the northwest. I would hate cheering for teams on the other side of the country, you have to pay to get extra channels to even watch them.

elway777
06-04-2006, 02:09 PM
once L.A. gets team im bandwagoning with them...

duckseason
06-04-2006, 02:10 PM
You have teams in your area, maybe not in your state, but we both know what teams get the 'home team' billing up in the northwest. I would hate cheering for teams on the other side of the country, you have to pay to get extra channels to even watch them.

We have teams in our area??? You know how far we are from Seattle? Yeah, we get alot of their games when they do the regional crap on FOX, but that's no reason to make them your favorite. Oregonians generally don't like Washingtonians. There's a bit of a rivalry between Seattle/Portland. We HATE the Huskies. There are more reasons for Oregonians to hate the Hawks than to like them. Please stop trying to argue this, you know you're wrong.

jkpigskin
06-04-2006, 02:24 PM
yay! all the ravens fans are fair!

some homers i see
-Balaskonis
-Sean Taylor 21
-A giant fan is particular... forget his name

-theres nothing wrong with them... cause the are giving love to their team!

GO RAVENS!

thetedginnshow
06-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Well, I didn't know he still came here, but Tubby.

duckseason
06-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Well, I didn't know he still came here, but Tubby.

Yeah, after seeing his top-5's, I'll second that nomination.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Other than the Osi debate, what have I said that makes me a homer?

06-04-2006, 02:38 PM

Here's an example to back you up. Since there is no team in Michigan or Minnesota people from those areas become Bears fans as the bears represent that area.

duckseason
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM

Here's an example to back you up. Since there is no team in Michigan or Minnesota people from those areas become Bears fans as the bears represent that area.

No team in Minnesota or Michigan?
K. I get it's a joke.

06-04-2006, 02:39 PM

:shock:

Number 10
06-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Any Jets fan that said Bollinger was the next Tom Brady.

And there were more than a few of you.

06-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Any Jets fan that said Bollinger was the next Tom Brady.

And there were more than a few of you.

I said that he'd be good, but htat's cause I liked him back in college.

Go_Eli
06-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I'd also like to know why I'm so much of a homer, besides saying Tiki Barber is better than Clinton Portis.

bearfan
06-04-2006, 02:53 PM
This guy Toonster...he always tries to act like he knows what hes talking about and he says the stupidest stuff...anyone know him?

(JK, you the man if youre still here Toon)

lol. I didnt read the thing at the end.

duckseason
06-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I'd also like to know why I'm so much of a homer, besides saying Tiki Barber is better than Clinton Portis.

I just think the Osi debate was so huge, that it sticks in people's minds.
Other than that, I haven't seen a whole lot of Homerism from you.

Go_Eli
06-04-2006, 02:56 PM

Now don't get me wrong, Osi is great in my mind, but he's not 10. but I think he deserves to be on that list.

duckseason
06-04-2006, 03:03 PM

Now don't get me wrong, Osi is great in my mind, but he's not 10. but I think he deserves to be on that list.

Wait, was that you, or Number10 I'm thinking of? I may be getting you 2 confused.

You know, I don't really have as big a problem with a little homerism.....unless people get crazy with it and just say stuff that they know for a fact is wrong. If you're not a bit of a homer, then I don't think you are properly backing your team. You know? I mean, when it comes to an argument between 2 guys who are pretty close (like tiki and portis, or Witten and Shockey) then I pretty much expect a fan to side with the guy on his team. Nobody is completely bias-free.
That said, Keith Davis is the best FS in the league!!!

Shiver
06-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Scorchin, by far the worst/biased poster on this forum.

06-04-2006, 03:22 PM

I disagree, he's the most vocal and get's really angry but he's not a huge homer. He's a conservative fan in that he values character way above talent when grading players.

P-L
06-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Other than saying Osi was the 10th best player in the NFL, you have done nothing to make anyone think you are a homer. I was just about to defend you, actually.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 03:26 PM

He isnt really a homer but he is definately a biased poster. Any player or team he doesnt like he goes on little maniacal tirades against, same with anyone who disagrees with him on said team or player he doesnt like, then he throws hissy fits.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 03:28 PM

Didn't think anyone had anything to say.

You guys don't know what a homer is. I see a lot in Osi right now and he is beginning to scratch the surface, that is why I am under the "extreme" impression that he is better than Peppers. But take Osi out of the situation and you can't find anything to really call me a homer. Am I a little bias at times? Sure. But that does not make me a homer and if you think it does, you are a hypocrite.

The true homer on this board is Balaskonis.

06-04-2006, 03:29 PM

It's mainly the fact that you don't think Shockey is scum for being cocky, that Osi is a one hit wonder, that Eli is a bum who'll bust or that Lavar doesn't work hard and won't come back strong. :roll:

Number 10
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM

It's mainly the fact that you don't think Shockey is scum for being cocky, that Osi is a one hit wonder, that Eli is a bum who'll bust or that Lavar doesn't work hard and won't come back strong. :roll:

Exactly.

Oh and for all of the guys who claim Lavar is lazy, go check out his pic on Giants.com.

danman253
06-04-2006, 04:38 PM
RickNJ by a mile

VoteLynnSwan
06-04-2006, 04:48 PM

Ouch...well I guess anyone who thinks Shaun Alexander is a top 3 back.

I Second the Motion

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 04:54 PM
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikings Fan

And the thing is I like both of their teams, but they make me hate them.

06-04-2006, 04:57 PM
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikingsfan

I get that the Osi debates get you on Number 10 but what about Go Eli? Is it the fact that he thinks Tiki is better than Portis? WHich he was last year.

06-04-2006, 04:58 PM
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikingsfan

If you are going to call me a homer, fine. But get my name right.

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikings fan

If you are going to call me a homer, fine. But get my name right.\

Dam, I knew there was a space.

06-04-2006, 05:04 PM
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikings fan

DONT FORGET THE CAPITAL "F"!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

HawkeyeFan
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM

yodabear
06-04-2006, 05:40 PM
1. Rams are going to win Super Bowl 41,42,43,44, and 45.

2. Marc Bulger is the best QB in the NFC.

3. Steven Jackson is gonna have a 2,000 yard season.

4. The Rams will go from 31st to 1st in defense.

5. Every one in the NL mine as well go away cuz the Cardinals are going to dominate.

G'Day!!!!!

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 05:49 PM
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikings Fan

DONT FORGET THE CAPITAL "F"!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Ha, I didn't realize it was in my sig.

smittyjs
06-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Number 10

VoteLynnSwan
06-04-2006, 05:51 PM

5. Every one in the NL mine as well go away cuz the Cardinals are going to dominate.

G'Day!!!!!

How's Albert? Yea, that's what i thought...

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 05:54 PM

G'Day!!!!!

And they just lost Edmonds. :?

dwareroy
06-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Scorchin.

VoteLynnSwan
06-04-2006, 06:02 PM

G'Day!!!!!

? He played today, and was in at the end of the game...

Number 10
06-04-2006, 06:11 PM
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikings Fan

Explain. Please. This should be good.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Number 10

Do you know what a homer is?

If so, give me your reasoning why I am a homer. If it is only because of Osi, the answer to my question above is no.

VoteLynnSwan
06-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Number 10 and Vikings Fan are the biggest

because they are obviously opposed to being referred to so...

Nerv
06-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Number 10

Do you know what a homer is?

If so, give me your reasoning why I am a homer. If it is only because of Osi, the answer to my question above is no.

Yes, youre a homer because it upsets you to be called a homer 8)

yodabear
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM

G'Day!!!!!

Who won today? Yea, that is what I thought!

Number 10
06-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Again, no legit reasons.

Hm.

ccB
06-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

i second this motion. Anyone who says Osi is better than Julius Peppers right now is dillusional.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

i second this motion. Anyone who says Osi is better than Julius Peppers right now is dillusional.

When he has another better year than Peppers, I wonder what you will say.

VoteLynnSwan
06-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

I will say Peppers is better. The only reason that Osi has been so good is because of Strahan. Strahan gets alot of double teams, and Osi is one on one. Same thing that happened with Adewale Ogunleye a couple of years ago with the Fins. Jason Taylor was so dominant that AO say one on one situations all the time.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

I will say Peppers is better. The only reason that Osi has been so good is because of Strahan. Strahan gets alot of double teams, and Osi is one on one. Same thing that happened with Adewale Ogunleye a couple of years ago with the Fins. Jason Taylor was so dominant that AO say one on one situations all the time.

How often do you watch the Giants?

If you have watched them, which you obviously haven't, you would know Osi helps out Strahan just as much as Strahan helps out Osi.

But that is besides the point....other than the Osi debate, how else can I be considered a homer? Bet you can't come up with correct answer.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
how else can I be considered a homer? Bet you can't come up with correct answer.

Not that I really care about your situation of being called a homer, but what exactly is the 'correct answer' :?: :lol:

snuff
06-04-2006, 07:07 PM

because they are obviously opposed to being referred to so...Admiting the problem is the first step to recovery.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:13 PM

because they are obviously opposed to being referred to so...Admiting the problem is the first step to recovery.

What's the problem?

Nerv
06-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Yes tell us the 'correct problem'.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:16 PM
how else can I be considered a homer? Bet you can't come up with correct answer.

Not that I really care about your situation of being called a homer, but what exactly is the 'correct answer' :?: :lol:

There is no answer that is correct. I'm sure you can come up with something stupid though.

vatech=accdomination
06-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Scorchin.

genious, noone has heard homer until you hear him talk about Penn State, did he finally get banned?

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

Osi is better tham Adewale in my opinion. Plus don't forget Peppers has Rucker and when Jenkins was healthy Julius had his best year. Then again is Osi a red zone target? I think not. Peppers just edges Osi.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

Osi is better tham Adewale in my opinion. Plus don't forget Peppers has Rucker and when Jenkins was healthy Julius had his best year. Then again is Osi a red zone target? I think not. Peppers just edges Osi.

This isn't an Osi vs. Peppers debate. We already have one going in the NFL section.

The discussion here is that nobody can come up with a legit reason to call me a homer.

duckseason
06-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

This isn't an Osi vs. Peppers debate. We already have one going in the NFL section.

The discussion here is that nobody can come up with a legit reason to call me a homer.

Dude you're a homer 'cuz you have a giants sig, AND avatar!! :shock:

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 07:29 PM

G'Day!!!!!

Didn't he just get hurt? I thought he got put on the DL?

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:31 PM
So nobody can think up a reason to call me homer?

Just as I thought.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Number 10
he's delusional.

w/e i felt like throwing that out there. I bet if i had said Osi >>>>> Peppers you wouldn't have said anything :lol:

stephenson86
06-04-2006, 07:32 PM

Just as I thought.

ur a homer because ur so arsed that people are calling you one and your so insecure you need to chat on like you are too try and justify for ur own peace of mind that ur not a homer when u r

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:35 PM

Just as I thought.

ur a homer because ur so arsed that people are calling you one and your so insecure you need to chat on like you are too try and justify for ur own peace of mind that ur not a homer when u r

thanks for the laugh

This has nothing to do with insecurity....I'm fine there and if you knew me, that thought wouldn't cross your mind. I just keep bringing it up because I love proving people wrong when they attack me. People pull stuff out of their butt with no back to it, and I like making people realize that.

stephenson86
06-04-2006, 07:38 PM

Just as I thought.

thanks for the laugh

This has nothing to do with insecurity....I'm fine there and if you knew me, that thought wouldn't cross your mind. I just keep bringing it up because I love proving people wrong when they attack me. People pull stuff out of their butt with no back to it, and I like making people realize that.
glad i could make you laff, im like you, id try and prove a 5 year old kid wrong just too boodt my confidence

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:40 PM

Just as I thought.

thanks for the laugh

glad i could make you laff, im like you, id try and prove a 5 year old kid wrong just too boodt my confidence

Where are you coming up with this confidence crap? I guess you are simply an example of someone who pulls crap out of their butt.

I am proving everyone wrong that called me homer, and there has not been a single post to prove otherwise. (Unless you want to use your insecurity theory) :roll:

snuff
06-04-2006, 07:42 PM

Just as I thought. No clue who you are so I can't really think of any. Sorry.

drowe
06-04-2006, 07:46 PM

Just as I thought.

ok, dude, you are the definition of a homer. you may have a gigantic boner for osi, that's cool, we all hope you get to poof him in the butt someday. But, the fact that you rank him SOOOOO much higher than non Giant's fans DOES make you a homer. I don't think there is a technical defintion for 'homer' but if there was, I'd imagine it would be something like:

Homer (n)-One who holds his home team, or players on his home team in a much higher regard than the general public does.

sound familiar?

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Just as I thought.

ok, dude, you are the definition of a homer. you may have a gigantic boner for osi, that's cool, we all hope you get to poof him in the butt someday. But, the fact that you rank him SOOOOO much higher than non Giant's fans DOES make you a homer. I don't think there is a technical defintion for 'homer' but if there was, I'd imagine it would be something like:

Homer (n)-One who holds his home team, or players on his home team in a much higher regard than the general public does.

sound familiar?

Note how you said team or playerS. Not player. Osi is one scenario, it's not like I boast Tiki as the best RB, or Eli as the best young QB, or Lavar as the next LT.

If you have noticed in the past, I have been pretty harsh on several Giants and coaches. And I projected the Giants to finish 3rd in the division prior to the 2005 season while going 8-8.

As of right now, I do not even have them slated as one of the top 2 teams in the NFC East. SO before you call me homer, at least get some of your information straight.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 07:52 PM

Just as I thought.

thanks for the laugh

Well you have been very adamently confronting everyone about why you arent a homer for a few hours now, that is a bit odd. In all seriousness, why do you care if you get called a homer on a message board?

snuff
06-04-2006, 07:52 PM
You don't boast Lavar as the next LT? Check your sig.

drowe
06-04-2006, 07:54 PM

Just as I thought.

sound familiar?

Note how you said team or playerS. Not player. Osi is one scenario, it's not like I boast Tiki as the best RB, or Eli as the best young QB, or Lavar as the next LT.

If you have noticed in the past, I have been pretty harsh on several Giants and coaches. And I projected the Giants to finish 3rd in the division prior to the 2005 season while going 8-8.

As of right now, I do not even have them slated as one of the top 2 teams in the NFC East. SO before you call me homer, at least get some of your information straight.

ok....but didn't you also say rank tiki barber ahead of NFL MVP, and record holder for most rushing touchdowns in a season, Shaun Alexander...regardless of what your homer brain thinks, the general public would disagree with that too. so, now its player(s)
8)

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:56 PM

Where does it say Arrington is the next LT?

That sig means that we finally have a big time playmaker at LB, something we have lacked since LT.

Canadian_kid16
06-04-2006, 07:56 PM

Just as I thought.

sound familiar?

ok....but didn't you also say rank tiki barber ahead of NFL MVP, and record holder for most rushing touchdowns in a season, Shaun Alexander...regardless of what your homer brain thinks, the general public would disagree with that too. so, now its player(s)
8)

Snap!!!

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Just as I thought.

sound familiar?

8)

There are several non-Giants fans that rank Tiki ahead of Alexander. I guess they are all Giant-homers as well.

Good argument. :roll:

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM

That sig means that we finally have a big time playmaker at LB, something we have lacked since LT.

anyone else catch that little blue font at the bottom of the sig? It says part 2

ny10804
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM

I made the sig, and he had actually told me to make one with Osi, Strahan, LA and some other people, but I did that one instead.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM

anyone else catch that little blue font at the bottom of the sig? It says part 2

And that meand Arrington is as good as LT?

It means PART TWO (finally a playamaking LB)

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
It definately means Arrington is Taylor part 2.

ny10804
06-04-2006, 08:01 PM

:lol:

Trust me, if they both weren't number 56, I wouldn't have put "Part Two"

I think part 2 is just a little sig slogan. Alot have them, proclaiming the player on it to be great. You guys are just ganging up on him now.

Nerv

Haha, good find.

Honestly Number 10, give it up buddy. You sitting here for 2 hours challenging and ranting against everyone who calls you a homer has done and will do nothing. There is a reason that they said that and you whining and b*tching to them isnt going to change their minds but rather reinforce the idea simply because youre irritating them.

Just my 2 cents, which are actually worth about 25 cents.

Number 10

Yet I have said many times in the past that there will never be another LT.

You're on a roll today.

duckseason
06-04-2006, 08:03 PM
You know, if there's one guy who reminds me the most of LT, it's Lavar. I'm not talking as a player...I'm saying as a person. They kinda look the same and everything. Anybody else notice that?

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:04 PM

Haha, good find.

Honestly Number 10, give it up buddy. You sitting here for 2 hours challenging and ranting against everyone who calls you a homer has done and will do nothing. There is a reason that they said that and you whining and b*tching to them isnt going to change their minds but rather reinforce the idea simply because youre irritating them.

Nah, I have gotten in all of your heads....because you can scan back and you still won't find any legit reason as to why I am a homer. You all know that, and you all know I am not a homer.

Victory-Number 10.

stephenson86

You're on a roll today.

dude lighten up, its like we are saying something major offensive

all we are saying is that you brown nose the giants at every possible moment, e.g. who will win the AFC South? number10:GIANTS

Number 10
You know, if there's one guy who reminds me the most of LT, it's Lavar. I'm not talking as a player...I'm saying as a person. They kinda look the same and everything. Anybody else notice that?

Except for the massive cocaine usage.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM

i'll admit something like reincarnation would be more homer but part 2 is a homer comment, nobody will gather that it means playmaking linebacker for the first time in 2 decades

drowe
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM

Just as I thought.

sound familiar?

8)

There are several non-Giants fans that rank Tiki ahead of Alexander. I guess they are all Giant-homers as well.

Good argument. :roll:

like who?...this must be a new york thing because i have not heard this.
but whatever, you can think whatever you want, and i (and most of the board) will continue to label you as a homer. and there is really no way you can change my mind at this point.

you asked for reasoning behind the homer label, i gave it to you. you asked for further reasoning, i gave it to you and you made up some bs about everybody thinking the same way. i think you're in denial.
8)

ny10804
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM

i'll admit something like reincarnation would be more homer but part 2 is a homer comment, nobody will gather that it means playmaking linebacker for the first time in 2 decades

It's not a homer comment because I was the one who put it there and I'm not a Giants fan.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:08 PM

You're on a roll today.

all we are saying is that you brown nose the giants at every possible moment, e.g. who will win the AFC South? number10:GIANTS

In all honesty and all seriousness.....am I going to lose sleep over this? Of course not. But I do value my love for football and my ability to discuss it, end of story. When uneducated, brainless posters come out and make an effort to shoot me down, I won't back down unless I feel I am wrong. If Osi blows next year and Peppers excels, I'll own up to it, just liked I owned up to the fact that Big Ben is better than Eli right now. Some of the posters in this thread will not own up to the fact that calling me a homer was senseless. That's all.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:09 PM

It's not a homer comment because I was the one who put it there and I'm not a Giants fan.

thought he asked you to put it there....my bad. Either that or you are just as delusional as him :shock: :lol:

Nerv
06-04-2006, 08:09 PM

Haha, good find.

Nah, I have gotten in all of your heads....because you can scan back and you still won't find any legit reason as to why I am a homer. You all know that, and you all know I am not a homer.

Victory-Number 10.

Yet youre still trying to hammer in this point. Just because youve declared something in a post doesnt make it so. I have no idea if youre a homer I don't read many of your posts. At the same time it is hilarious how much and how hard you are arguing this :)

stephenson86
06-04-2006, 08:10 PM

You're on a roll today.

In all honesty and all seriousness.....am I going to lose sleep over this? Of course not. But I do value my love for football and my ability to discuss it, end of story. When uneducated, brainless posters come out and make an effort to shoot me down, I won't back down unless I feel I am wrong. If Osi blows next year and Peppers excels, I'll own up to it, just liked I owned up to the fact that Big Ben is better than Eli right now. Some of the posters in this thread will not own up to the fact that calling me a homer was senseless. That's all.
shut up

jesus man we are playin, well i am, im bored ur on edge so im naturally going too get on ur nerves and make u write pointless posts which i chuckle at becaus ehtye have no meaning, hey we r all homers,

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:11 PM

You're on a roll today.

look being a homer is not a bad thing. most people are. At least it means you support your own team. Its a much better thing to be than a front runner.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:12 PM

Ding Ding Ding.

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 08:12 PM

You're on a roll today.

Yea I am.

You are a homer. People have given you reasons and you deny it.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:14 PM

Ding Ding Ding.

Ding Dong, i'll knock you the fuc.k out. Look up, i answered that comment

drowe
06-04-2006, 08:14 PM
hey, i was thinking of using this as my sig:

Number 10 is a bigger and more delusional homer than anyone else on this forum.

what d'ya think?

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM

ding ding ding

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:16 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

And when Osi has another better year, you'll look really smart.

stephenson86
06-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Number 10 is a bigger and more delusional/coked up homer than anyone else on this forum.

ding ding ding

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:18 PM

You're on a roll today.

shut up

jesus man we are playin, well i am, im bored ur on edge so im naturally going too get on ur nerves and make u write pointless posts which i chuckle at becaus ehtye have no meaning, hey we r all homers,

It's June.

We need to spice things up in such a dead time. There is nothing going on tonight, so I figured I'd get some of you going so we could debate, which we have done more or less.

No hard feelings.....but when Osi has another more productive year than Peppers, watch out. :wink:

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:18 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

and when Lavar is found in the Columbian jungles trying to run some cocaine across the border, u'll look really smart, no really, u will

stephenson86
06-04-2006, 08:19 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

and when Lavar is found in the Columbian jungles trying to run some cocaie across the border, u'll look really smart, no really, u will

and when i frame osi for analy intruding me u will fall flat on ur face

drowe
06-04-2006, 08:24 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

ya know, in my humble opinion, that wouldn't even change anything. the fact is, you think Osi is better RIGHT NOW, which he clearly isn't. even if he racks up another good year, it still doesn't change the fact that what you're saying at this point is pure homerism. it'd be one thing if you said "osi has the potential to be a better, more productive end than julius peppers", but that ain't what you're saying.

and i still maintain, that your overly high opnion of one player on your favorite team is grounds for homerism, regardless of your supposed criticism of certain other players or the team as a whole. so, based on my defitnition of the word, you're a homer, if you disagree with my definition, fine, but i've made my arguments, they've been pretty well thought out...so don't go saying nobody backed up their claims.

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 08:25 PM
drowe do it.

Vikes99ej
06-04-2006, 08:27 PM
It's really hard to stay away from being a homer.

drowe
06-04-2006, 08:28 PM
drowe do it.

nah, using your sigs to bash people is not cool.
i'll just keep ***** slapping him in this thread 8)

Vikes99ej
06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
drowe do it.

i'll just keep *********** slapping him in this thread 8) Is he the only one who thinks that Osi is better than Peppers?

duckseason

I'm not even sure it's possible to keep from it, while still being a huge fan of your team(s).

Fogartynyy2789

what d'ya think?

Do it.

and when Lavar is found in the Columbian jungles trying to run some cocaine across the border, u'll look really smart, no really, u will

Speaking of really smart, how is it wit ur SAT scores u cant spell "Colombia"???

Canadian_kid16
06-04-2006, 08:30 PM

I'm not even sure it's possible to keep from it, while still being a huge fan of your team(s).

It is probably because you have seen your fav team play the most, and therefore exceed your thought on how good a player is

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:31 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

Speaking of really smart, how is it wit ur SAT scores u cant spell "Colombia"???

you know what ur lack of kindness has eliminated you from Rose Award contention

drowe
06-04-2006, 08:31 PM
drowe do it.

i'll just keep *********** slapping him in this thread 8) Is he the only one who thinks that Osi is better than Peppers?

not quite..they ran a poll on who people think is better...and peppers got about 80% of the vote...osi got the giant vote and the anti panther vote

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:32 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

Because he does cocaine. :roll:

draftguru151
06-04-2006, 08:33 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

Yea he got it from part 1, LT.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:34 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

it was an 2nd coming of LT joke, don't get ur panties all in a bunch

Vikes99ej
06-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Me thinks this thread is not going to last much longer.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 08:35 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

You may have spelled Colombia correctly but the rest of your sentence butchered the English language, just fyi.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:36 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

ya know, in my humble opinion, that wouldn't even change anything. the fact is, you think Osi is better RIGHT NOW, which he clearly isn't. even if he racks up another good year, it still doesn't change the fact that what you're saying at this point is pure homerism. it'd be one thing if you said "osi has the potential to be a better, more productive end than julius peppers", but that ain't what you're saying.

and i still maintain, that your overly high opnion of one player on your favorite team is grounds for homerism, regardless of your supposed criticism of certain other players or the team as a whole. so, based on my defitnition of the word, you're a homer, if you disagree with my definition, fine, but i've made my arguments, they've been pretty well thought out...so don't go saying nobody backed up their claims.

I am the first to notice it, thats what I mean by my quote.

He played better than Peppers did last year, and there is no arguing it. Even people who have voted against Osi said that he played better than Peppers in 2005.

So when he continues to put up a better season year after year, we will remember where it started.

You can't call me a homer because of the Osi case. A homer is Balaskonis....who used to trash TO and when he was an Eagle, but now he says he is the best WR in the game. And he says Bledsoe is the best QB in the NFC East. And he says Newman is the best CB in the league. And he says Ware is going to be better than LT. That is a homer, not someone who thinks Osi is better than Peppers.

Well thought out?

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:37 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

You may have spelled Colombia correctly but the rest of your sentence butchered the English language, just fyi.

OWNED....i thought it was just math u sucked at Fogarty?

elway777
06-04-2006, 08:37 PM
i had a strong feeling this thread would start stupid arguements,....frogstomp loves instagating :wink:

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:38 PM
i had a strong feeling this thread would start stupid arguements,....frogstomp loves instagating :wink:

What else is there to do on a boring Sunday night?

Fogartynyy2789
06-04-2006, 08:38 PM

what d'ya think?

Do it.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I got a 92 on the New York State English Regents, that is all that counts.

Vikes99ej
06-04-2006, 08:40 PM

What else is there to do on a boring Sunday night? In about three months.... watch NFL football!!!!!

FlutiesDropKick

typical homer comment :lol: :lol: :lol:

FlutiesDropKick

what d'ya think?

Do it.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I got a 92 on the New York State English Regents, that is all that counts.

93.....sucka what?

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM

What else is there to do on a boring Sunday night? In about three months.... watch NFL football!!!!!

Eli vs. Peyton still gives me goosebumps.....even though I think the Colts will win unless we can pick up on some 3-4 blitz packages this summer.....oh wait a homer wouldn't say something like that. We're going 19-0 for the rest of the NFL's life every year.

drowe
06-04-2006, 08:42 PM
You can't call me a homer because of the Osi case.

yes i can...and i will continue to do so. you are a homer because you have an EXTREMELY inflated opinion of a player on your team. and the fact that you are willing to fight it out with the entire board after getting kicked around like a soccer ball just makes you a bigger homer.

just accept it...its not like we're calling you a baby raper or something.

Fogartynyy2789
06-04-2006, 08:42 PM
That's it, FDK i am going to destroy your ass...in fantasy World Cup.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:43 PM
That's it, FDK i am going to destroy your ass...in fantasy World Cup.

u know thats just something i didn't need to know about u, i'm telling Jen

Number 10
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM

yes i can...and i will continue to do so. you are a homer because you have an EXTREMELY inflated opinion of a player on your team. and the fact that you are willing to fight it out with the entire board after getting kicked around like a soccer ball just makes you a bigger homer.

Then your definition of a homer is as correct as me calling you a Brewers homer because you think Hardy is good.

Get over it, you are wrong about your homer talk, but we all know you won't admit it.

elway777
06-04-2006, 08:45 PM

i can list alot of things,most not suitable for this sites forums though :wink:

Fogartynyy2789
06-04-2006, 08:45 PM
I concede defeat.

Quoting that kid from The Sandlot 2 (the worst movie ever made) "a good soldier knows when it is time to surrender"

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I concede defeat.

Quoting that kid from The Sandlot 2 (the worst movie ever made) "a good soldier knows when it is time to surrender"

WOW :shock:

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:49 PM

so can i but my girlfriend can't get out so i'm stuck here talking to u guys

elway777
06-04-2006, 08:50 PM

u have a phone...

duckseason
06-04-2006, 08:52 PM

Yeah, I'm not lettin her out till she has her proper fill. I'll let you know when.

Nerv

u have a phone...

Id much rather bs about sports and other random crap on the internet then listen to a chick on the phone, yap yap yap yap yap yap yap.

FlutiesDropKick

u have a phone...

innuendo over ur head a lil elway?

06-04-2006, 08:53 PM

It is probably because you have seen your fav team play the most, and therefore exceed your thought on how good a player is

Or you know more about how young players play and thus rate them higher the masses because you know more about them.

Now Outside of the Osi debate number 10 doesn't have many homer qualities. if it's close he'll side with the giant but so does everyone. Now You know this means something because me and him have serious beef, atleast he thinks we do, so yeah.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:54 PM

u have a phone...

Id much rather bs about sports and other random crap on the internet then listen to a chick on the phone, yap yap yap yap yap yap yap.

exactly....plus instead of making pissy comments to her and getting my ass dumped i can make them to people i don't know and incite awesome fights

elway777
06-04-2006, 08:54 PM

u have a phone...

yup

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 08:55 PM

u have a phone...

yup

i'll tell u when ur older :lol:

elway777
06-04-2006, 08:57 PM

u have a phone...

exactly....plus instead of making pissy comments to her and getting my ass dumped i can make them to people i don't know and incite awesome fights

ya cuz when im bored i say stupid ****,and thats stuff girls dont understand and take it personally,..and what pisses me of is that they cant
comprehend the thought of a joke

drowe

Then your definition of a homer is as correct as me calling you a Brewers homer because you think Hardy is good.

Get over it, you are wrong about your homer talk, but we all know you won't admit it.

ok, man, you're right, and the rest of this forum and the rest of the football watching world is wrong.

i think you're a homer and there is nothing you can say to change my mind. so, just keep saying i'm wrong, and keep saying my arguments are useless, whatever makes you feel good. 8)

Number 10

Or you know more about how young players play and thus rate them higher the masses because you know more about them.

Now Outside of the Osi debate number 10 doesn't have many homer qualities. if it's close he'll side with the giant but so does everyone. Now You know this means something because me and him have serious beef, atleast he thinks we do, so yeah.

Thatta boy....the CGF-10 relationship is back on it's way up.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 09:00 PM

ok, man, you're right, and the rest of this forum and the rest of the football watching world is wrong.

i think you're a homer and there is nothing you can say to change my mind. so, just keep saying i'm wrong, and keep saying my arguments are useless, whatever makes you feel good. 8)

Alright, even if I turn out to be wrong about Osi, I'm still not a homer. Why? Because I would come on here and admit that I was wrong. A homer (Balaskonis) would come on and continue to call Osi better.

The rest of the forum? There are some people defending me and sayin I am not a homer. So now you have gone down the pasth of exaggeration...a common sign of defeat. :lol:

elway777
06-04-2006, 09:01 PM

u have a phone...

yup

too bad this forum cant show sacrcasm

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 09:05 PM

u have a phone...

yup

too bad this forum cant show sacrcasm

i tried with the face but it is difficult

06-04-2006, 09:08 PM

Thatta boy....the CGF-10 relationship is back on it's way up.

Don't make me rape you again.

drowe
06-04-2006, 09:13 PM

Alright, even if I turn out to be wrong about Osi, I'm still not a homer. Why? Because I would come on here and admit that I was wrong. A homer (Balaskonis) would come on and continue to call Osi better.

The rest of the forum? There are some people defending me and sayin I am not a homer. So now you have gone down the pasth of exaggeration...a common sign of defeat. :lol:

so, you're not a homer because you sometimes criticize your team and if your butt boy has a bad year, you'll aknowledge it? left yourself quite a bit of wiggle room there, eh?

and, yeah, i'll aknowledge that there are a VERY FEW people defending you if you aknowledge that the vast majority of this thread has been people calling you a homer and you arguing and immediately claiming victory (which was pretty pathetic by the way)

06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
See number 10 is a little bit of a homer but with guess like Balaskonis it is insignificant.

drowe
06-04-2006, 09:16 PM
See number 10 is a little bit of a homer but with guess like Balaskonis it is insignificant.

i'm not gonna lie, i have no ******* clue who that balaskonis dude is.

06-04-2006, 09:16 PM

u have a phone...

yup

elway777
06-04-2006, 09:17 PM

u have a phone...

yup

you guys are cool

06-04-2006, 09:18 PM

i'm not gonna lie, i have no *********** clue who that balaskonis dude is.

Find the NFC East thread. Or ask him who's better the Cowboys, Skins or Giants.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 09:19 PM

so, you're not a homer because you sometimes criticize your team and if your butt boy has a bad year, you'll aknowledge it? left yourself quite a bit of wiggle room there, eh?

and, yeah, i'll aknowledge that there are a VERY FEW people defending you if you aknowledge that the vast majority of this thread has been people calling you a homer and you arguing and immediately claiming victory (which was pretty pathetic by the way)

I am not a homer because a homer thinks his team is always better than it really is, that every player on his team is better than he really is, and no matter what he is never wrong.

I already stated all of the non homer thoughts and comments that I have had about Eli, Tiki, Plaxico, Coughlin, and some other players you probably don't even know. If I was homer, I would go all Balaskonis on them, and you know what I mean there. If you are someone who finds strength in numbers in the '10 is a homer' debate, that says a lot about you, especially when you look at some of the people you are in agreement with.

A homer does not admit he is wrong, and I am telling you I was wrong about Eli, whom I have had several heated debates in favor of. And if Osi does poorly and Peppers does well, I'll do the same thing. A homer would not do that, and you know it.

06-04-2006, 09:22 PM
I kinda dis agree on the definition of a homer. IMO a homer is someone who over-rates his own teams players with no basis. IE Balaskonis, they can admit when they're wrong but still over-rate their own players without basis.

06-04-2006, 09:22 PM

u have a phone...

yup

you guys are cool

I'm not making fun, that was just legitimately amusing.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I kinda dis agree on the definition of a homer. IMO a homer is someone who over-rates his own teams players with no basis. IE Balaskonis, they can admit when they're wrong but still over-rate their own players without basis.

Even with your definition, I have basis for an Osi debate and I have been told so by some of the smarter people here. (toon and PL)

06-04-2006, 09:26 PM
You guys need to quit bullying.

drowe
06-04-2006, 09:26 PM
well, maybe i have a different defintion of homer.

i thought keak was a mo drew homer
i thought futerscout was a reggie mcneal homer
and i think you are an osi homer.

it may just be one player, but ya know damn well, if osi was playing for any other team, you wouldn't be debating this right now, hence, your love and inflated opinion of osi makes you a homer.

and i know you're gonna come back and say you just think what you think because you watch him every week and see how special he is...but every other dude here has their teams and its naive of you to think that other people don't see special things in people they watch every week, including panther fans with julius peppers.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 09:27 PM

you guys are cool

I'm not making fun, that was just legitimately amusing.

i was just playin man....i think u know what i meant before

elway777
06-04-2006, 09:28 PM
[quote:7d6aa043da="elway777"]i had a strong feeling this thread would start stupid arguements,....frogstomp loves instagating :wink:

u have a phone...

yup

you guys are cool

I'm not making fun, that was just legitimately amusing.[/quote:7d6aa043da]

thats cool

06-04-2006, 09:28 PM
hahahaha FDK I love how the censor your name.

06-04-2006, 09:29 PM

Even with your definition, I have basis for an Osi debate and I have been told so by some of the smarter people here. (toon and PL)

Not arguing that. Frankly I think that you only over-rate osi a little, he's #3 on my list.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM

yeah i pm'd scott about it but he hasn't answered yet. I figure it won't matter cuz most people know that if they see flutiesdropkick for a name that its me

Number 10
06-04-2006, 09:31 PM

it may just be one player, but ya know damn well, if osi was playing for any other team, you wouldn't be debating this right now, hence, your love and inflated opinion of osi makes you a homer.

and i know you're gonna come back and say you just think what you think because you watch him every week and see how special he is...but every other dude here has their teams and its naive of you to think that other people don't see special things in people they watch every week, including panther fans with julius peppers.

Now you finally make a good point....but know this.

This whole Osi deal struck me in the middle of the season when Osi was tearing it up. I would watch every play of every game at least ten times and I noticed that he would do things that nobody else on the field could do. I then started to watch Julius play, and I got the tapes of his first 6 games and it struck me, Osi is a better DE. So yes, I noticed this because I watched Osi more so than any other DE in the league, but I still watched Peppers a ton, as in every play of the 2005 season and most of his games prior to the 2005 season, and from there I came up with the statement.

That still does not make me homer in the least.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 09:33 PM

This whole Osi deal struck me in the middle of the season when Osi was tearing it up. I would watch every play of every game at least ten times and I noticed that he would do things that nobody else on the field could do. I then started to watch Julius play, and I got the tapes of his first 6 games and it struck me, Osi is a better DE. So yes, I noticed this because I watched Osi more so than any other DE in the league, but I still watched Peppers a ton, as in every play of the 2005 season and most of his games prior to the 2005 season, and from there I came up with the statement.

no but it does mean u should stop watching tape and get the hell out of your house

Number 10

Not arguing that. Frankly I think that you only over-rate osi a little, he's #3 on my list.

And when it is that close to many other people....how can the fact that I get ripped for calling Osi better get ripped. People need to sit down and really process this in their brain before they make a rampant post out of hatred towards me.

Number 10

no but it does mean u should stop watching tape and get the hell out of your house

I get enough don't worry. Don't bash a man's career goals.

elway777
06-04-2006, 09:35 PM

yeah i pm'd scott about it but he hasn't answered yet. I figure it won't matter cuz most people know that if they see *********** for a name that its me

i think it has to do with words starting with f and ending with k

like when i say fun-ny buck together it comes out like this...

funnybuck

drowe

well, it makes you an obcessive fan...that's for sure.
but, i'll put it on the line...if osi's stats eclipse pepper's stats next season, i'll admit defeat on all counts.

And when it is that close to many other people....how can the fact that I get ripped for calling Osi better get ripped. People need to sit down and really process this in their brain before they make a rampant post out of hatred towards me.

Well a lot of people see Osi and don't know whether he has staying power now you think he does from the film you've seen and probable the fact that he's a giant. So people don't rate him as highly as we do. Thus we look like homers to them.

Good point. It's not like you're touting *insert very bad Giants player here* as the greatest of all-time. It's not even like you're saying Osi is better than Reggie White. I don't think you're any more homer than most of us.

FlutiesDropKick
06-04-2006, 09:36 PM

I get enough don't worry. Don't bash a man's career goals.

aight. w/e works man

70challenger457
06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
one name that hasn't been said, that one packer fan who said KGB will have 17 sacks this year. What an idiot.

elway777
06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
one name that hasn't been said, that one packer fan who said KGB will have 17 sacks this year. What an idiot.

and then went on to say greenbay would have a top 5 defense

ny10804
06-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Homer alert:

1. Bailey-Shutdown, no one throws to his side of the field, and if they do he ends up with the INT

2. Ken Lucas- Shutdown, and underrated

3. Terence Newman- Shutdown, nobody threw to his side of the field, he had the LEAST balls in the ENTIRE NFL, he gets to much respect and i am a cowboy fan, just stupid fans go for picks to vote for the pro-bowl because they no nothing, he should have been an all-pro this year

4. DeAngelo Hall- exploded this year and is only getting better

5. Chris McAlister- way underrated, very good

deltha o'neal is not good, like someone said whoever put him there should be SHOT, see stupid fans look for INTs, deltha o'neal is HORRIBLE

only named 5 sorry :?

This was for the top corners in the league..

Number 10
06-04-2006, 09:45 PM

Eh....noone wants to talk about him, because he won't fire back. :wink:

06-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Homer alert:

1. Bailey-Shutdown, no one throws to his side of the field, and if they do he ends up with the INT

3. Terence Newman- Shutdown, nobody threw to his side of the field, he had the LEAST balls in the ENTIRE NFL, he gets to much respect and i am a cowboy fan, just stupid fans go for picks to vote for the pro-bowl because they no nothing, he should have been an all-pro this year

deltha o'neal is not good, like someone said whoever put him there should be SHOT, see stupid fans look for INTs, deltha o'neal is HORRIBLE

He also said the Giants and Skins weren't even on the Boys level.

VoteLynnSwan
06-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Homer alert:

he's like 14... you can tell by his grammer

elway777
06-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Homer alert:

he's like 14... you can tell by his grammer

he pmed me 5 times asking me to join deadly fire grapphics and i told every single time i wasnt a sigmaker,..hes an odd character

frogstomp
06-04-2006, 10:49 PM
This thread is tense.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Holy crap, I totally forgot. The people who have been on this site for awile will know that the biggest homers were the Texas A&M fans. Futurescout still posts on occassion but I believe the others dissapeared after A&M's amazing season last year.

Number 10
06-04-2006, 11:07 PM
This thread is tense.

Hey can you add a poll to this thread asking whatever....I just want to make sure it will exist in January of 2007 so that I can have proof of some things.

Nerv
06-04-2006, 11:10 PM
This thread is tense.

Hey can you add a poll to this site asking whatever....I just want to make sure it will exist in January of 2007 so that I can have proof of some things.

I wouldnt count out your head imploding from pressure before that time.

06-05-2006, 08:38 AM
This thread is tense.

Hey can you add a poll to this site asking whatever....I just want to make sure it will exist in January of 2007 so that I can have proof of some things.

I wouldnt count out your head imploding from pressure before that time.

If Scorchin made it through a Steelers superbowl run and the Colts near comeback then numero ten can make it through a giants superbowl run.

P-L
06-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Holy crap, I totally forgot. The people who have been on this site for awile will know that the biggest homers were the Texas A&M fans. Futurescout still posts on occassion but I believe the others dissapeared after A&M's amazing season last year.

The Texas A&M fans were way overrated as homers. They weren't as bad as some other people here. And to be fair A&M was just slaughtered by injuries last year. We really only had two and one of them lost a bet on the Texas/Texas A&M game.

njx9
06-05-2006, 08:49 AM

The Texas A&M fans were way overrated as homers. They weren't as bad as some other people here. And to be fair A&M was just slaughtered by injuries last year. We really only had two and one of them lost a bet on the Texas/Texas A&M game.

all true, but FutureScout by himself was the biggest homer i've probably ever seen in my life. 12thmanscout or whatever was certainly moroe normal, as i remember it. or maybe that was just because cov didn't want to rip his guts out.

frogstomp
06-05-2006, 08:52 AM

all true, but FutureScout by himself was the biggest homer i've probably ever seen in my life. 12thmanscout or whatever was certainly moroe normal, as i remember it. or maybe that was just because cov didn't want to rip his guts out.

vote!!

njx9
06-05-2006, 08:55 AM

vote!!

not tense at all.

draftguru151
06-05-2006, 09:34 AM

OMG. He was the worst. Number 10 you are nothing compared to futurescout :D .

stephenson86
06-05-2006, 09:42 AM

OMG. He was the worst. Number 10 you are nothing compared to futurescout :D .

although ur still a massive homer, like
http://www.gosh.org/news/celebrity/sport/images/Big-Show-lrg.jpg
ur massive homerness is similar size too the guys on the right (the big show)

but the other guys homerness was way bigger

NewAgePack
06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
wow what a great thread. i can't decide and i don't want to go with the obvious.

frogstomp
06-05-2006, 03:59 PM

vote!!

not tense at all.

It's too tense for you! :cry:

06-05-2006, 08:15 PM
It's big Balaskonis.

dwareroy
06-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Homer alert:

The homer part was including DeAngelo hall in his top 5. He is barely top 20.

dwareroy
06-05-2006, 09:31 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMimc6IREbPgAuCajzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=124qpcm6s/EXP=1149647388/**http%3a//www.macalester.edu/%7enelsonm/homer_s.jpg

You're a Homer.

njx9
06-05-2006, 09:37 PM

vote!!

not tense at all.

It's too tense for you! :cry:

it's not my fault i drank too much coffee and got all stressed out

frogstomp
06-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Homer alert:

D Hall can very easily be put top 5.

dwareroy
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Homer alert:

D Hall can very easily be put top 5.

Top 5 getting destroyed by TO

frogstomp
06-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Top 5 getting destroyed by TO

Because no one has been destroyed by T.O. :roll: