PDA

View Full Version : Who is left to declare?

foozball
01-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I suppose we'll find out in a week, but who has yet to declare whether they are staying or going? I haven't heard anything on Carlos Dunlap...any word on him?

Shane P. Hallam
01-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Derrick Morgan
Carlos Dunlap
The Pounceys
Rob Gronkowski
Greg Jones
Amari Spievey
Noel Devine
DeMarco Murray
Case Keenum
Harvey Unga
Stephen Paea
Jonathan Dwyer
Morgan Burnett
Rolando McClain

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Chad Jones!!!!!!!

vikes_28
01-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Ryan Mallet

Babylon
Good question, i think Dunlap is probably still a mystery. A few others that could make an impact:

Travis Lewis
Gabe Carimi
Kris Odowd

BeerBaron
I thought i had heard that the Pouncey's had already declared....maybe I just heard that they were likely to or something, nothing official yet.

Shane P. Hallam
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I thought i had heard that the Pouncey's had already declared....maybe I just heard that they were likely to or something, nothing official yet.

They said they likely would, but nothing official yet.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Ryan Mallet
I thought I read that Mallet was goin back to school??

BeerBaron
01-09-2010, 03:03 PM
They said they likely would, but nothing official yet.

Aye, most likely. I hope they do, the more interior lineman the better...i think that's a position the Bears can still find quality at in the 3rd round and it's a HUGE need for us.

prock
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought I read that Mallet was goin back to school??

yup mallet is going back to school

foozball
01-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Does Carroll going to the NFL sway any USC juniors?

DJC
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
A few others with a chance:

Evan Royster
Stanley Havili
Terrance Tolliver
Greg Little
Kristopher O'Dowd
Greg Romeus
Jeremy Beal
Von Miller
Travis Lewis
Major Wright
Ahmad Black

RaiderNation
01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I hope McClain declares so we can draft him(assuming Al dies soon)

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Royster has said he will return.

vidae
01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I hope McClain declares so the Chiefs can draft him

Fixed it for you. :D

SenorGato
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I hope Romeus declares so the Jets can take him.

murdamal86
01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm really anxious to see what the Pouncey twins do.

RaiderNation
01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Fixed it for you. :D

Nooooo draft Eric Berry or somebody else I want him

LickaMahfeetz
01-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Something I put together for a different forum. I'll just repost it.

QB Case Keenum (Houston) - Should return.

RB Jonathan Dwyer (Georgia Tech) - Should go pro. Won't gain much by staying.
RB Noel Devine (West Virginia) - Wants to return but ultimately will come out.
RB Demarco Murray (Oklahoma) - Word is we should see his declaration in the next day or two. Might have been better to go back. Would have seen his stock improve. Will be a great value for somebody though.
RB Harvey Unga (BYU) - Should return. Draft is too stocked which pushes him down. If he stays another year it would definitely improve his stock.
RB Chris Rainey (Florida) - Florida having problems probably makes it a wise decision to come out but he could definitely use another year to improve his stock.

WR Terrance Toliver (LSU) - Just when you thought that every WR possible that could declare, has already. Probably will decide to stay. Would be a wise move imo with all the guys already declared.

TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona) - Should return due to injury but if gets high enough grade and is expected to be healthy enough to participate in the combine or pro day, will enter and should be the first TE taken.
TE Weslye Saunders (South Carolina) - Should stay but I think he's waiting on his evaluation before ultimately deciding. Will probably return after getting that back.

OT Gabe Carimi (Wisconsin) - Might project higher than all the underclassmen OT's in the draft if they all stayed another year. I think he turns pro and gives them all a run for their money as 1st round prospects.

OG Mike Pouncey (Florida) - Might not get as high of a grade as his brother which would make for an interesting situation. Could one go and one stay? or will both likely make an unanimous decision together?

C Maurkice Pouncey (Florida) - Should declare. I think he'll get the grade he is looking for from the NFL Advisory committee.
C Kristopher O'Dowd (USC) - USC being in limbo might make this decision for him.
C Stefan Wisniewski (Penn St.) - I don't really see him declaring. Should be highly rated next year.

DT Stephan Paea (Oregon St.) - Stock probably wouldn't get much higher by staying. Go pro.
DT Jerrell Powe (Ole Miss) - Had a big bowl game. Stock for a NT is hard to gauge. I'd imagine he could only improve it by going back though.

DE Derrick Morgan (Georgia Tech) - Should declare. Should be first DE taken.
DE Carlos Dunlap (Florida) - Should go back and improve stock. Probably will declare. His dad seems to think so too.
DE Greg Romeus (Pittsburgh) - Looks like he might go back. Wannstadt is lobbying for it. He really could improve his stock by going back and showing some more consistency.
DE Jeremy Beal (Oklahoma) - Beal is taking a long time to make a decision. Might be heading back with all the talent at the top this year.
DE Sam Acho (Texas) - Probably goes back for another year considering this was his first year as a starter.

LB Rolando McClain (Alabama) - Nations best LB should declare.
LB Greg Jones (Michigan St.) - Should declare, he's ready.
LB Travis Lewis (Oklahoma) - Tough call. Plenty talented but could improve stock a lot by going back. Should put on a little weight too.
LB Von Miller (Texas A&M) - Might go back but doesn't have a whole lot more to prove after leading the NCAA in sacks.

S Morgan Burnett (Georgia Tech) - Tech would surely miss him but he probably won't miss much by going pro.
S Chad Jones (LSU) - A prospect definitely on the rise. Could improve his stock significantly by going back.
S Major Wright (Florida) - Might be the wright time to declare.
S Ahmad Black (Florida) - Should stay but his dad has been in the media airing his laundry for a while. Will probably declare anyways.

CB Amari Spievey (Iowa) - Undecided. Clayborn staying as well as some others might be enticing to come back to Iowa for another year and a run at something. Wouldn't hurt to go pro either.
CB Kareem Jackson (Alabama) - Has been reported he was going to announce he's going pro after the BCS championship was over.

Guys I left off the list:

FB Stanley Havili
FB Owen Marecic

RealityCheck
01-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I really find it extremely hard that one of the Pounceys will stay and the other will go. Both should go/stay together.

DiG
01-10-2010, 02:20 PM
i hope odowd declares now. id love him at the top of rd 2.

with usc where it is could michael morgan, olb? maybe zach heberer, og? malcolm smith, olb?

Brent
01-10-2010, 03:43 PM
LB Von Miller (Texas A&M) - Might go back but doesn't have a whole lot more to prove after leading the NCAA in sacks.
He'll likely go back, so he can be a potential first rounder next year.

niel89
01-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I hope Romeus declares so the Jets can take him.

Romeus is coming back. Too bad though because it would have made this draft even more loaded.

Iamcanadian
01-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Very interesting that as high as 50 underclassmen have declared in recent years yet only slightly over 30 have declared this year although they have till Friday to do so. Looks like all the supposed scare of a rookie pay scale isn't scaring anybody and likely means the NFL is telling prospects that such a scale is unlikely to happen. Could mean no rookie pay scale is on the horizon.