PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Cowboy's Ryan Fowler?

hugegmenfan
03-12-2007, 09:31 PM
This guy just got like 5 million guarenteed from the lions in a restricted FA offer sheet- he was an undrafted FA
any thoughts?

Vikes99ej
03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Never heard of him.

draftguru151
03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I've seen the Eagles, the Titans and the Lions, which is it?

Caddy
03-12-2007, 09:54 PM
If he was an UDFA no compensation needs to be given

SuperMcGee
03-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I've seen the Eagles, the Titans and the Lions, which is it?

I'm pretty sure its Titans, but I'm still not sure either

toonsterwu
03-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Cowboys fans could probably say better, but Fowler's a big LB whose mobility for the size is solid. Is he starting caliber? I'm not so sure ... but he's a capable backup, and will likely be put in a battle with Stephen Tulloch to determine whose the starter in Tennessee ... assuming that's the place. I doubt Dallas matches ... I guess they could threaten in a manuever ... but I doubt it personally.

JJJ888
03-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Cowboys fans could probably say better, but Fowler's a big LB whose mobility for the size is solid. Is he starting caliber? I'm not so sure ... but he's a capable backup, and will likely be put in a battle with Stephen Tulloch to determine whose the starter in Tennessee ... assuming that's the place. I doubt Dallas matches ... I guess they could threaten in a manuever ... but I doubt it personally.

Fowler is a very good special teams player with experience playing in the 3-4. He isn't the most talented athlete out there, but is a very good worker who tries hard on every play. I find it hard to believe that someone thinks of him as a starter, but he would be a very good backup. I doubt that Dallas matches the offer, especially at the rumored price.

D-Unit
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Fowler has some potential. He's a bonehead, but he has some depth value. The only thing I'll remember from him is his jarring hit on special teams that caused a fumble, he was soooo happy, he started jumping around cheering for himself that he didn't realize he caused the fumble... so instead of jumping on the ball to recover it, the other team recovers it... and he looks like a moron. Oh and it could've helped us win the game... It was so moronic, that I forget the game and only remember how much of an idiot he was at the time.

jarka
03-12-2007, 11:57 PM
I believe he went to Duke, correct me if I'm wrong.

RaiderNation
03-13-2007, 01:06 AM
I believe he went to Duke, correct me if I'm wrong.

go duke!!!

Modano
03-13-2007, 03:13 AM
He was the reason why th Cowboys allowed 4 TDs by a fb in two consecutive games... But he's a player who is unafraid of anything. He just puts his head down and hit. They tried to move him to FB in some situations because he was willing to hit everytime..

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm just glad he's most likely not going to the Eagles.

portermvp84
03-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Cowboys will match the offer, Jerry Jones will open the thick check book.

BX
03-14-2007, 02:15 AM
For Fowler!?!? HA! The guy is dead weight in an otherwise talented backlog of Dallas linebackers.

KILLERSANTA
03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
He was the reason why th Cowboys allowed 4 TDs by a fb in two consecutive games... But he's a player who is unafraid of anything. He just puts his head down and hit. They tried to move him to FB in some situations because he was willing to hit everytime..

By "HE" do you mean ware, If so you are right........

Cowboys will match the offer, Jerry Jones will open the thick check book.

No they won't

.................................................. ..........
The only game he started was in 2005 Vs rams
He did sweet, had 8 tackles, 2 TFL

I think he will make a good starter..Not Great, but good..I see atleast a 100 tackle season....Fowler has a nose for the ball

I will post a video of him in that game, after i take a shower.....

portermvp84
03-14-2007, 09:45 AM
What are you talking about Jerry Jones isn't a afraid topay him some outragoues money?

KILLERSANTA
03-14-2007, 09:58 AM
What are you talking about Jerry Jones isn't a afraid topay him some outragoues money?

No he won't

Here the video:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SVBFJBBI

you have to download it.............
Them two TFLs are sweet :)

Modano
03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
By "HE" do you mean ware, If so you are right........

Nope. The ILB had the responsability to cover the FB, not Ware. Bill Parcells said that during the press conference after the Atlanta game..

toonsterwu
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Fowler is a very good special teams player with experience playing in the 3-4. He isn't the most talented athlete out there, but is a very good worker who tries hard on every play. I find it hard to believe that someone thinks of him as a starter, but he would be a very good backup. I doubt that Dallas matches the offer, especially at the rumored price.

I think the thinking is that, he could potentially be a capable 2-down backer with limited coverage responsibilities, leaving in passing situations. Just a guess, though.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Nope. The ILB had the responsability to cover the FB, not Ware. Bill Parcells said that during the press conference after the Atlanta game..

then it was either James or Ayodele who blew the coverage not Fowler. Fowler is a great special teamer, but a below average starter.

gbpackers0065
03-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Ryan Fowler is a superb special-teams players and will push to start in tennessee

ive met him twice and he seems like a nice guy

Modano
03-14-2007, 04:38 PM
then it was either James or Ayodele who blew the coverage not Fowler. Fowler is a great special teamer, but a below average starter.

No again.. In the goalline situation, Fowler came in and Ayodele came out. So it was Fowler covering the FB...