vidae
01-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Welcome to Kansas City.

RaiderNation
01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Now Al needs to die then we draft him

DreadedDatSkinsFan
01-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah these past 2 weeks have been crazy as hell. So many people coming out early!

Welcome to Kansas City.
Lol I hope for ur sake the draft him my man. The way u feel about McClain is how I feel about Berry.......if we don't draft him I'm goin to hurt some1!!

AgentM
01-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Why oh why did the Steelers have to win their last 3 games :(

KaneMarko
01-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Welcome to Kansas City.

He'll be a Kansas City Chief. Write it down.

STsACE
01-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Please, please, please allow McLain or Berry to fall to 7.

Splat
01-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Yes sir...

descendency
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
It'd be awesome and quite amazing if he falls out of the top 10, let alone to NE at 22. *dreams*

BeerBaron
01-12-2010, 10:12 AM
This draft is so sick....

Razor
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
It'd be awesome and quite amazing if he falls out of the top 10, let alone to NE at 22. *dreams*
That would be cool, but forget about it.. :( McClain is a top five pick I think. Maybe BB will trade the 2011 Raiders pick to get him, but then we can't AJ Green/Julio Jones. I'm torn about this..

This draft is so sick....

Is this the best draft ever?

P-L
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Best linebacker prospect since LaVar Arrington in my opinion. He had no reason to go back to school and has a legitimate opportunity to be a top five pick.

BeerBaron
01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Is this the best draft ever?

I've been loosely following it for the past decade or so, and i've been heavily following it for the last 5 years or so and I definitely think it's the strongest one I've seen.

It's not super heavy at the very top, elite-level players, but it has a few in Suh and Berry. But man, the 2nd, 3rd...maybe even 4th and 5th tiers of players are so stacked.

I've said it a few times and I'll say it here, I really think the Bears might come away with a guy in the 3rd round this year who, in another year, might have been a possible late 1st/2nd round type of player. It's just so deep I feel.

P-L
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
For the last three or four years, when I've done my final rankings and evaluations, I've had less than 32 guys I deemed worthy of a first round pick. Although it's still early in the draft process, I have about 35-40 right now.

Mr.Regular
01-12-2010, 11:49 AM
This draft has amazing depth, but seems to be lacking elite offensive talent.

CC.SD
01-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Sooo let's get right to the nitty gritty...McClain v. Willis, go!

Remember Willis was considered (generally, many did see the vast potential) a mid-late first prospect until he ran in the 4.3s at the combine.

CC.SD
01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
This draft has amazing depth, but seems to be lacking elite offensive talent.

This is true but there are some gems. I really think CJ Spiller is an elite prospect, and there's some good OT depth, at least 2 wideouts and several other running backs that will be productive but probably not elite. I think Clausen is a pretty terrific QB prospect but all the others have holes.

FUNBUNCHER
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Best linebacker prospect since LaVar Arrington in my opinion. He had no reason to go back to school and has a legitimate opportunity to be a top five pick.

I think McClain could develop into an Urlacher type Mike, but I don't know if he's gonna test like Lavar did speed wise.
Arrington ran a 4.53 at a weight of 250# and allegedly could run a sub 4.4 as a freshman and sophomore at Penn State.

But who cares, McClain has much better football instincts than Arrington ever did, which should eliminate any minor differences in straight line speed between the two.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
The 06 draft was pretty beastly. The only problem with it is that in retrospect, it didn't produce a great QB. But...that doesn't really put it a negative light compared to this year

SimonRath
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM

Remember Willis was considered (generally, many did see the vast potential) a mid-late first prospect until he ran in the 4.3s at the combine.

Willis.
no doubt in my mind

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
McClain, to me, just screams of a player perfectly tailored to the New England style of the 3-4. It's hard to see him falling past KC or Den (similar to KC selecting Tyson Jackson last year at a spot where 3-4 DEs and ILBs don't usually go). And if he somehow does, I could see teams like Bal, Mia, and NE especially, moving up to get him.

jayceheathman
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
He'll be a Kansas City Chief. Write it down.

I thought the KC fans were too busy making out with Eric Berry to want someone else?

vidae
01-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Both are huge needs but I'd prefer McClain now.

Splat
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I thought the KC fans were too busy making out with Eric Berry to want someone else?

O no ILB is a much bigger need they got pushed around all year and just run over in a few games. (See the Browns Game)

Babylon
01-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Taking LBs early arent always the best way to go: AJ Hawk, Arrington, Aaron Curry. Something about not getting to the QB doesnt warrant that high of a pick (Chiefs), McLain will hopefully be an exception.

FUNBUNCHER
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Because of the depth at safety, IMO the smart pick for KC would be to take McClain first.

There will be players available in other rounds with skillsets similar to Berry, sort of, but at MLB it looks like there's McClain and a bunch of weak sisters.

Sniper
01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Dear Eagles,

Please trade up for Rolanbeast McBeast. Kick Stewart Bradley out to SLB, put McBeast in the middle, have Will Witherspoon at WLB and sit back and enjoy the carnage that occurs.

Thank you,
Sniper

TG7
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
This guy is great, no doubt, but no better then James Laurnitius, but OF COURSE, his black skin makes him have more "upside"

Sniper
01-12-2010, 04:19 PM
This guy is great, no doubt, but no better then James Laurnitius, but OF COURSE, his black skin makes him have more "upside"

He's much, much better than Laurinaitis at taking on blocks and diagnosing plays near the LOS. Also, he's not a pile jumper like Pile Jumper.

TG7
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM
He's much, much better than Laurinaitis at taking on blocks and diagnosing plays near the LOS. Also, he's not a pile jumper like Pile Jumper.

Oh yes Sniper!! I can see your Pud getting bigger by the second! McClain is sooooooooooooo much better then blue collar Laurenitis!! How dare I say anything otherwise!

yourfavestoner
01-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Oh yes Sniper!! I can see your Pud getting bigger by the second! McClain is sooooooooooooo much better then blue collar Laurenitis!! How dare I say anything otherwise!

Rolando McClain is a better college player AND prospect than James Laurinaitis in almost every way that you can be better.

He's bigger, stronger, is actually capapble of taking on blocks, plays downhill instead of backwards, and makes unassisted tackles. Laurinitis is slightly better in coverage.

If Laurinitis is so good, why didn't he go as high as his white counterparts Mattews and Cushing.

ZOMGZ it's a conspiracy!!!!111

descendency
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
McClain (This year) would have been the second best LB last year, behind Aaron Curry.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahhahaha. Oh Steve.

CashmoneyDrew
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Can we not find a permanent way to get rid of that loser?

I feel dumber just seeing one of his posts.

TACKLE
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM

Totally agree with everything that is said here. Not only does he have elite physical tools, he also possess elite instincts to go with his amazing work ethic. His preparation is second to none. He is one of the smartest, most dedicated players you will find. His size allows a lot of flexibility as does his diverse skill set. He can run sideline to sideline, can turn his hips in coverage and is a exlposive pass rusher. Easily the #4 prospect in this draft. I know Suh gets a lot of love and deservingly so, but for my money, Rolando McClain is the safest pick in the draft.

PACKmanN
01-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Totally agree with everything that is said here. Not only does he have elite physical tools, he also possess elite instincts to go with his amazing work ethic. His preparation is second to none. He is one of the smartest, most dedicated players you will find. His size allows a lot of flexibility as does his diverse skill set. He can run sideline to sideline, can turn his hips in coverage and is a exlposive pass rusher. Easily the #4 prospect in this draft. I know Suh gets a lot of love and deservingly so, but for my money, Rolando McClain is the safest pick in the draft.

I thought I was reading AJ Hawk's scouting report after i finished that.

CC.SD
01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Can we not find a permanent way to get rid of that loser?

I feel dumber just seeing one of his posts.

I like Steve all of our other trolls have been violent, it's depressing.

TACKLE
01-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I thought I was reading AJ Hawk's scouting report after i finished that.

A 6'4 260 AJ Hawk.

PACKmanN
01-12-2010, 05:25 PM
A 6'4 260 AJ Hawk.
Lets see if he actually comes out at 6'4 or really is 6'2 which is in Hawk's range.

bigbluedefense
I think you guys are making too much out of his physical tools.

Yes, he's big and strong, but he's not really fast. PWillis was a freak, he ran a 4.3 at his pro day.

McClain looks like a 4.75 guy to me. Granted, he plays at 260, and looks like he can pack on even more (but won't bc it makes no sense), but still, at his current frame he's not blazing fast like Willis was.

I think he needs to get down to 250 at least, and run a faster 40. Or if the football gods like me, he gets bigger and runs a slower 40 time, thus making him slip all the way to the Giants.

Scotty D
Steve is taking all the cool usernames

TACKLE
01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Lets see if he actually comes out at 6'4 or really is 6'2 which is in Hawk's range.

If you've actually seen him on the field he looks huge. He looks every inch of 6'4.

And BBD, I agree with what your saying. It will be interesting to see what weight he will show up at. It will say a lot about what type of prospect he wants to be. Although I agree he'll probably won't blow people away with his forty though I still think he'll run in the 4.66-4.70 range. I think what weight he plays at in the pros will be dependent on the system he's in. If he's taken by a 4-3 teams that want there LB's to run sideline to sideline, he'll have to drop down. But if he play as a ILB in a 3-4, I could definitely see him staying in the 260 range.

descendency
01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
His only issue to me is that I don't think he can run the 4.6-4.5 that he needs to be a top 5 pick. I think he's going to fall because of it. If he runs 4.7-4.8, he might only fit in a 34 defense.

edit: I don't love his coverage skills either.

P-L
01-12-2010, 05:52 PM
McClain (This year) would have been the second best LB last year, behind Aaron Curry.
I disagree. I would've taken McClain as a sophomore over Curry as senior.

bigbluedefense
01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Im hoping and praying he runs a 4.75. Bc then the top 10 teams will not want to invest so high in a guy who runs an average speed and isn't the greatest coverage backer either.

So then he falls to pick 15, where my boy Jerry Reese takes 2 seconds to make his pick and we FINALLY get a LB worth a damn in the draft.

One can dream right?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Im hoping and praying he runs a 4.75. Bc then the top 10 teams will not want to invest so high in a guy who runs an average speed and isn't the greatest coverage backer either.

So then he falls to pick 15, where my boy Jerry Reese takes 2 seconds to make his pick and we FINALLY get a LB worth a damn in the draft.

One can dream right?

I think Denver's pick from Chicago is before that... :D

Who am I kidding though. Denver is gonna pick Tim Tebow.

descendency
01-12-2010, 05:57 PM

One can dream right?

Honestly, I agree with what you are saying, but he may have legitimate issues in a 43 defense. Sideline to sideline defense at the MLB position is important. I don't know that he can play in the system.

But if I were the Giants, I'd take the chance. If he drops to 15th, Belichick had better at least try to trade up. McClain could be one of the keys to fixing the patriots benign pass rush.

bigbluedefense
01-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Honestly, I agree with what you are saying, but he may have legitimate issues in a 43 defense. Sideline to sideline defense at the MLB position is important. I don't know that he can play in the system.

But if I were the Giants, I'd take the chance. If he drops to 15th, Belichick had better at least try to trade up. McClain could be one of the keys to fixing the patriots benign pass rush.

It really depends on who our future DC is. If we continue to run Spags D (doubt it), McClain would be fine in that scheme. That scheme needs a sledgehammer run stuffer inside. Not necessarily a sideline guy who can drop in coverage.

I think Denver's pick from Chicago is before that... :D

Who am I kidding though. Denver is gonna pick Tim Tebow.

You guys are picking Dez Bryant XD

Splat
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Dude is going #5 to the Chiefs so if your team picks after that sorry about your luck... :)

FUNBUNCHER
01-12-2010, 07:55 PM

Laurinaitis' draft status was hurt by going to the same school as AJ Hawk, less so his skin tone. Ohio State LBs have not lived up to their hype in recent drafts, and on top of that he ran a slow 40.

For the most part, stud White LBs are given every benefit of the doubt by pro scouts. Not really that much subconscious racial parsing going on there at that position, IMO.

JohnConner
01-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Laurinaitis' draft status was hurt by going to the same school as AJ Hawk, less so his skin tone. Ohio State LBs have not lived up to their hype in recent drafts, and on top of that he ran a slow 40.

For the most part, stud White LBs are given every benefit of the doubt by pro scouts. Not really that much subconscious racial parsing going on there at that position, IMO.

I have to agree with FUNBUNCHER on this one, as far as LB's go, its the most white friendly position in the nfl, but in hindsight, he had a great year and should have went in the first round.

SillyRyno
01-13-2010, 12:17 AM

Willis in a landslide. McClain is bad to the bone, dude is for real....but Willis is like a damn god.

descendency
01-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Inside linebackers with obvious flaws (singular or plural) fall. Period. No matter what school. If you are slow sideline to sideline, you will fall. If you can't blitz. you will fall. If you can't tackle, you will fall.

ILB/MLB is not a position of the level of importance (I nearly typed pimportance... lol) of a DE, OLB, CB, OT, QB and can't have obvious flaws to demand a top pick. If you have some issues at QB, you can still go top 5. If you have an issue at LB, you won't go top 5.

I have him as a top 10 pick, but I could see him slipping into the late part of the first round. I don't think it's unreasonable that the first playoff team who runs a 34 defense could select him. That's about his floor though.

LizardState
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM
as far as LB's go, its the most white friendly position in the nfl.....

Never heard of the old White Up the Middle formula? It was a running joke in Dallas for yrs. when the NFL was at its zenith of 85% black.......... WUtM "puts butts in the seats."

WUtM = White FB, QB, C | MLB/ILB, SS.

LizardState
01-15-2010, 04:40 PM

He was listed at 6-4, 255 a yr ago, probably didnt shrink too much. Best aspect of his game as I've said before here is his pass defense, he has an incredible eye for the ball in the air & gets his hands on a lot of passes for an ILB. He deflected or defensed several passes vs. Auburn & vs. Florida & Tebow to throttle their drives & force punts.

His 4-3 or 3-4 versatility doesnt hurt him either.

I may stab a baby if he drops out of the top 5-7. He has impact rookie all over him & stands above even in a draft topheavy with defensive talent in the top 10.

cdmPSU17
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Dear NFL Draft gods/ Chris Berman's uncanny ability to predict picks 2 seconds before they are made. Pleeeease allow him to fall to me at 12. Thanks.

-Bill Parcells

sup3rdup3r
01-16-2010, 12:47 AM
I would like it very much for this gentleman to fall to my 49ers.

Niners have been looking for a LB to pair with Willis. They were poised to take Rey Maualuga last year but the Bengals grabbed him just before our pick. Would be awesome if we could grab him and an OT/OG in the first.

Xonraider
01-16-2010, 01:03 AM
If the Raiders draft him there's going to be a huge party at my house, lots of bitches. All of you are invited.